Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

John Findlay
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Remind me. Was it Rapid Vienna Celtic had to replay at Old Trafford?

It was yes. 1983/84.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

It was yes. 1983/84.

Round about the same time they also attacked Strap on as I recall 

...a bit disco

Skybet with Rapid Vienna at 14/5.

The Slippy G Effect, no doubt.

This Celtic team is poor, badly recruited, badly organised and lacking in motivation. 

They are still favourites for the league but not nearly as much as we thought a few weeks ago. 

...a bit disco

Said when he signed, that Arfield was a thug in the true Ibrox way.

Nothing since has changed my mind.

Might just be me but this ref is giving rangers everything as soon as the crowd shout for it. Can see Rangers getting a big favour at somepoint tonight.

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This Celtic team is poor, badly recruited, badly organised and lacking in motivation. 

They are still favourites for the league but not nearly as much as we thought a few weeks ago. 

Yes, Rodgers has a track record of taking over clubs and improving them, not so strong when it comes to recruitment.  I'm sure I read that 9 of the team that started in the defeat to AEK Athens in the final CL qualifier were players he inherited.  No wonder Lawell has been reluctant to let Brenda spunk away any more good money on duffers.

13 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Said when he signed, that Arfield was a thug in the true Ibrox way.

Nothing since has changed my mind.

This. Fits in well at the newco

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Rangers should win this. They look up for it.

We will need to be on top of our game at the weekend.

Not sure if serious..........:liesalarm:

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not sure if serious..........:liesalarm:

Very serious. They are a different team at Ibrox.

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

We'll need to go at them, can't afford to sit in and let them get into a rhythm.  Put them under pressure and their defensive frailties start to show.  I just hope big Uche is fit, he could make the difference.

Just now, RobNox said:

We'll need to go at them, can't afford to sit in and let them get into a rhythm.  Put them under pressure and their defensive frailties start to show.  I just hope big Uche is fit, he could make the difference.

Totally agree. Like Celtic they cannot handle teams coming at them and in particular we need to pin back Tavernier, make him try and defend - because he can’t! 

33 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Got myself a nice bottle of Austrian wine to help savour the occasion.  It's going down a treat!

Surely it's a bit early in the year to be on the anti-freeze?

Edited by 7628mm

pettigrewsstylist

The amount of decisions Sevco are not getting here, incl 50-50s with play waved on sums up why they cant compete at this level. They would get 90% these every week in the corrupt world of Scottish refereeing. Thats what "drags them down" Normal service resumed Sun no doubt.

Walter Bishop

Absolutely nothing to worry about here.

We cannot sit back against this team, They are very poor in midfield and at the back. If we go through on Sunday and play to win and put in a performance similar to our last two games i dont see anything other than a positive result! 

The Internet

:rofl:

I never allow myself to be confident ahead of a trip to one of the old firm but if we can't beat them now we never will. 

rudi must stay

Rangers are there for the taking. Average at the back, and that just proves it. Two of them could have put that in. Also very inconsistent attacking wise. 

Simple stuff for the equsliser. Jammy

Clerry Jambo

Rangers have pace through the side, allied with a few "diggers", we will need our A game to get something.

As mentioned already look a formidable home team but vulnerable away, sound familiar!!

alwaysthereinspirit
23 minutes ago, Homme said:

Different? We're different. We're also top of the league. Why do we always have to be the team that has to step up. We've conceded 3 goals in 7 games. They've conceded 7 in the same 7 games. Let them worry for once. Don't buy into the Scottish media love fest for all things Newco.

26 minutes ago, Homme said:

Totally agree. Like Celtic they cannot handle teams coming at them and in particular we need to pin back Tavernier, make him try and defend - because he can’t! 

I agree.  I'll be amazed if we don't start with Ben at LB and Demi wide left to try and keep Tavernier occupied in defence.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Rangers have pace through the side, allied with a few "diggers", we will need our A game to get something.

As mentioned already look a formidable home team but vulnerable away, sound familiar!!

I think we can get something with their defence. Some big games from our attacking players we could get a win, but it won't be easy

This is them being decent, seen nothing or no one to fear.

Get in their faces from the off and shut the crowd up. Right attitude and we’re more than capable of beating them. It’s irrelevant history that gives us a fear/inferiority complex against this mob.

PeterintheRain
36 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Surely it's a bit early in the year to be on the anti-freeze?

1985 just called. They want that joke back in the museum where it belongs.

PeterintheRain
38 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Couple of injuries would be nice

If it's not missing limbs then I'm not switching over.

25 minutes ago, Bauld said:

As long as they are made to work their bollocks off tonight I don't care about the result.

Absolutely this although a morale sapping defeat and a few niggles would also be good.