Scottish teams in Europe.(merged)

Boab

Celtic are becoming very accomplished at not scoring.  Whilst that us hugely encouraging we need them to knacker themselves in Europe.

Let's get right behind Lenny in cheering them on.  Go you Celties.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

When you have to add ???? To support your argument then you're ****ed.

Olly olly Lee............

Oh dear. You are having a shocker pal. 

Pissed I think as the Olly Lee song granted is a belter. Back on topic Rangers have done well and Lafferty has stepped up. It’s not too hard to admit. Will be great to see how good we are when we play them. 

7 minutes ago, john5698 said:

Correct, according to some on here you would think they were unbeaten, and had the top goal scorer in the league, thought  I was on bear's den when I saw some of the posts on hear. Good result for them but some of the love in is ????

I think he is referring to the media rather than posters on here who are able to respect the fact that a 2-2  draw away to  a top La Liga side is a great result. When we reach the same stage and manage to do likewise then we will be equally deserving of respect from fans of other clubs. At the moment though, we are a bit away from drawing with Villareal imo.

21 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We simply must beat The Rangers at Ibrox. The wind has to be taken out their sails. 

We need to win our next 3 games. Then we go to Ibrox full of confidence and hopefully blow them away.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think he is referring to the media rather than posters on here who are able to respect the fact that a 2-2  draw away to  a top La Liga side is a great result. When we reach the same stage and manage to do likewise then we will be equally deserving of respect from fans of other clubs. At the moment though, we are a bit away from drawing with Villareal imo.

Amen top post. We are getting there but are a bit short of that quality 

Edited by rick witter

33 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Apologies mate.

This never happened when I opened it otherwise I wouldn't have posted the link.

Hey no worries. You were only trying to help.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Except they aren't a top La Liga side, currently at the wrong end of the table and have only scored twice all season. And by all accounts pretty much playing anything but their full strength team tonight. 

24 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Exactly mate. He is pish now couldn’t hit a barn door!! Dearie me respect where it’s due 

Exactly Rick. Same treatment meted out to Milinkovic too. Both were influential in arguably our best result for years against unbeaten Celtic only last season. Whatever the reasons were for selling him, a player like Lafferty will be a loss to us.

28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course, he doesn't play for us now...i forgot the rules...he must be shheeeiite.

:facepalm:   He wold be nowhere near being the leagues top scorer whether he was with us or not.

portobellojambo1

I only saw the 2nd half of the game in Spain, and I think both sides were of a similar level, and neither were particularly good. On the night I'd imagine Rangers will consider it a good point to pick up.The Celtic - Rosenborg is on now and every time I see Celtic now I just wonder how far they are going to fall. They look like a very poor side, lacking in ideas, and I don't think it is all down to Dembele not being there any more.

18 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Noticed Wallace wasn't in their squad tonight, does anyone know if he is even registered for Europe out of interest?

not in euro squad

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

:facepalm:   He wold be nowhere near being the leagues top scorer whether he was with us or not.

He is 3rd favourite with the bookies young face palmer. In case you don"t recognise them, they are the guys with the camel coats ,driving the Rollers.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly Rick. Same treatment meted out to Milinkovic too. Both were influential in arguably our best result for years against unbeaten Celtic only last season. Whatever the reasons were for selling him, a player like Lafferty will be a loss to us.

Bang on. As much As we hate to see him play g and scoring for Rangers. He is a top quality player and I loved him when he played for us. We move on now and have another potential hero in big Uche although he has a bit to go to be as good as Lafferty 

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Except they aren't a top La Liga side, currently at the wrong end of the table and have only scored twice all season. And by all accounts pretty much playing anything but their full strength team tonight. 

They finished 5th last season ffs. Rangers were missing Morelos too. Injuries happen to every team.

chester copperpot
16 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Oh dear. You are having a shocker pal. 

Pissed I think as the Olly Lee song granted is a belter. Back on topic Rangers have done well and Lafferty has stepped up. It’s not too hard to admit. Will be great to see how good we are when we play them. 

Cool. Keep slating Hearts/Levein

You're the man

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Time will tell. 

He isn't a loss for us just now. 

He is, however a gain for rangers as they had little up front and he's improved them. 

You know fine well the reasons for us selling and your underhand digs don't go unnoticed. 

Milinkovic, for what's it's worth won't be  missed, I called that at the time and so far it's been proven to be the case. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They finished 5th last season ffs. Rangers were missing Morelos too. Injuries happen to every team.

I must have missed the memo that teams are judged on the previous season.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We simply must beat The Rangers at Ibrox. The wind has to be taken out their sails. 

Nah, they'll drop points before they play us, we'll still have 100%.

They'll need to win to keep rangers as Steven Gerrard rangers. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Cool. Keep slating Hearts/Levein

You're the man

It's painful. 

Can't have a go at us, so use Lafferty scoring for rangers to score digs while secretly hoping rangers beat us so they can start the anti CL skaverings, again. 

Tragic.

Good to hear the IRA tunes being belted out at a Scottish ground again.

Because I've totally missed that.

Totally.

Yay.

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He is 3rd favourite with the bookies young face palmer. In case you don"t recognise them, they are the guys with the camel coats ,driving the Rollers.

Kyle Lafferty will be nowhere near top league scorer this season and that auld yin is why the bookies have the camel coats and the Rollers.

48 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course, he doesn't play for us now...i forgot the rules...he must be shheeeiite.

No. He just won't be top scorer.

14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I only saw the 2nd half of the game in Spain, and I think both sides were of a similar level, and neither were particularly good. On the night I'd imagine Rangers will consider it a good point to pick up.The Celtic - Rosenborg is on now and every time I see Celtic now I just wonder how far they are going to fall. They look like a very poor side, lacking in ideas, and I don't think it is all down to Dembele not being there any more.

They miss Patrick Roberts more than Dembele.

I also missed the memo that has us crowned champions after 5 games and Villareal dismissed after 4.  You can't possibly judge teams until you've played everyone else. So in the meantime, Villarreal 's 5th place finish confirms that they are a top La Liga side.

gerry mccauley
Just now, John Findlay said:

They miss Patrick Roberts more than Dembele.

Yes, Roberts seemed a better all round team player.  In a lot of big games Celtic play one up, Eduardo or the thumb. With an attacking midfield.

18 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Time will tell. 

He isn't a loss for us just now. 

He is, however a gain for rangers as they had little up front and he's improved them. 

You know fine well the reasons for us selling and your underhand digs don't go unnoticed. 

Milinkovic, for what's it's worth won't be  missed, I called that at the time and so far it's been proven to be the case. 

There really was no underhand dig. But i guess if you go looking for one, you will find something. I fully understand the reason we sold him to Rangers. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I also missed the memo that has us crowned champions after 5 games and Villareal dismissed after 4.  You can't possibly judge teams until you've played everyone else. So in the meantime, Villarreal 's 5th place finish confirms that they are a top La Liga side.

How much have you put on at the bookies for Lafferty to be the SPL top scorer this season?

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I must have missed the memo that teams are judged on the previous season.

They spent £70 million over the Summer transfer window.  I doubt anyone around here would be viewing it as anything but impressive if we had gone there and got a draw.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There really was no underhand dig. But i guess if you go looking for one, you will find something. I fully understand the reason we sold him to Rangers. 

So if you fully understand, then why the original comment.  You're as transparent as a an empty window frame. 

You seem keen on bumming up this rangers side so I'll let you crack on, enjoy yourself. 

You've not enjoyed yourself on here so much since you could slate CL every day. 

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How much have you put on at the bookies for Lafferty to be the SPL top scorer this season?

Don't bet John tbh. It's a mugs game.

Thought Police
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Has anyone actually watched us this season and wished we had Lafferty in the side ? 

Enzo

alwaysthereinspirit
42 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Keep the day jobs. The comedy duo is not going to pan out.

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

So if you fully understand, then why the original comment.  You're as transparent as a an empty window frame. 

You seem keen on bumming up this rangers side so I'll let you crack on, enjoy yourself. 

You've not enjoyed yourself on here so much since you could slate CL every day. 

Any Scottish team that goes to Villarreal  and gets a 2-2 draw deserves respect. You're away off piste with your comments but that probably fits with your agenda.