Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

That just looks like hibs trying to say to Celtic give us more money or you might lose him to a team down south that at the moment probably have shown no interest. 

Even if a team down south came in with a bid of 4M then the player could still say I’m not going as I want to go to Celtic. 

Celtic will know the players feelings on this and can’t see them getting worried about hibs trying to scare them into higher bids 

Notice they are unable to state which clubs are supposedly interested.

Four million for a player in the last year of his contract ?

He is not even that good.

The Apprentice

£4m rated?

I'd be stunned if they managed to get that much for a player with a year left on his contract.

By the light

Hibs using their friends at the Evening News again to whip the fans in to a frenzy. They’ll swallow it whole as they always do. 

As funny as it is tragic.

Ibrahim Tall

To be honest, I hope they get the £4m. Clubs do underpay for non Celtic SPL players and we can use the McGinn fee in the future to justify our own valuations of Souttar etc when the time comes.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, john brownlee said:

On the plus side, he falls down a lot.

Must be difficult keeping that ass above ground level :mellow: 

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Notice they are unable to state which clubs are supposedly interested.

Four million for a player in the last year of his contract ?

He is not even that good.

Was he not rated 5 squillion to start with..... depreciating as I type

...a bit disco
46 minutes ago, By the light said:

Hibs using their friends at the Evening News again to whip the fans in to a frenzy. They’ll swallow it whole as they always do. 

Bajillions must still have a job there then.

not sure if this has been mentioned previously & i cba checking, however, I heard a couple of days ago that Banjo boy has appeared at a couple of meetings of GA over the last few weeks. Apparently, he's in the hole pretty deep to quite a few bookies. So he's been trying to get a move to Celtic as the wages he would be offered are much higher than those available & hibs.

I'm not sure how much of that is factual as the boy could've been pulling my plonker but he's been fairly knowledge able in the past. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

To be honest, I hope they get the £4m. Clubs do underpay for non Celtic SPL players and we can use the McGinn fee in the future to justify our own valuations of Souttar etc when the time comes.

I hope they get nowt. 

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Nightwing said:

not sure if this has been mentioned previously & i cba checking, however, I heard a couple of days ago that Banjo boy has appeared at a couple of meetings of GA over the last few weeks. Apparently, he's in the hole pretty deep to quite a few bookies. So he's been trying to get a move to Celtic as the wages he would be offered are much higher than those available & hibs.

I'm not sure how much of that is factual as the boy could've been pulling my plonker but he's been fairly knowledge able in the past. 

I've heard a similar rumour, there are people he owes money to that are not the sort of people you want to owe money to.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Was he not rated 5 squillion to start with..... depreciating as I type

My thoughts exactly Clerry. Although you only have to watch banjo boy play to know he goes down faster than a Russian whores knickers! 

...a bit disco
44 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I've heard a similar rumour, there are people he owes money to that are not the sort of people you want to owe money to.

Anthony Stokes?

Big Bad Brad?

Marathon Bet?

QuickQuid?

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Anthony Stokes?

Big Bad Brad?

Marathon Bet?

QuickQuid?

Ha Ha no idea but the guy who told me is the sort of person who'd know these types. I wasn't gonna call him a bullshitter.

Sexton Hardcastle
51 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Not as if they can give him a shoeing to threaten him. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Ha Ha no idea but the guy who told me is the sort of person who'd know these types. I wasn't gonna call him a bullshitter.

:lol:

Stay safe Ron B!

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Not as if they can give him a shoeing to threaten him. 

Have you not seen what they've done to his face, Poor guy better pay up. 

HEARTS FOREVER
3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Stop it.

Only in Scotland would we complain about not getting the going rate for our players

Then demand that other clubs pay peanuts 

Celtic are the worlds worst when it comes to their own players valuations 

Id hate the thought of the hobos gettin £3-4 million but in the grander scheme of things it might bring more realistic valuations to the Scottish game

Two things.

As already discussed,    the more large fees that are forced from English clubs for SPL players can only be a good thing in the longer term.     It does have to become routine though,  rather than exceptional.      It's a pity that Hibs will benefit.

On Hibs.     We know that their overall debt was reduced via the Farmer deal and that the bank accepted less than was owed.     I don't know if there's mechanism whereby the bank has any claim on transfer windfalls but it would leave a bit of a bitter taste if they are free to benefit to the full amount.     I would be happier in the knowledge that even a small percentage was due to the bank.

Edited by Victorian

The issue for Hibs is that McGinn is a beggar and wants to go there. Just another example of the Old Firm undermining Scottish football in a different way. If young players had the drive and ambition to actually think about their career rather than who they or their family support then they would have more chance of fulfilling their potential. Callum Paterson is the obvious example. 

Famous 1874

4 million valuation for one of the most overrated midfield players in Scotland. Funny how the Evening News haven't actually named the clubs who are supposedly interested in him. Will be Hibs asking for a favour to tout his services and in the hope Celtic increase their offer. 

He'll end up going for the second bid that Celtic offered + Scott Allan, or in 6 months time he'll sign a pre contract agreement and they'll get him for nothing. Celtic hold all the cards and Hibs know it.

jacklivi1874
5 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thats a cracker

5 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

59BCF887-B531-4C3C-99D5-1B12EC119E36.gif

6 hours ago, By the light said:

Swallow it whole :) 

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Must be difficult keeping that ass above ground level :mellow: 

True Harry.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

My thoughts exactly Clerry. Although you only have to watch banjo boy play to know he goes down faster than a Russian whores knickers! 

How d’you know?

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

4m for a guy with a year left on his contract :rofl:

In Zimbabwean dollars maybe.

:robbo:

132goals1958
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Easy money, medals galore for the fat arsed Faceache. 

Plus being a Mhank, makes it an easy decision for the mutant to sign for the clarts.

Hibs did well to get him in the first place to be fair, and if they get £2.5 million then they should be delighted. 

By the time they account for VAT AND 33% TO St Mirren they will be lucky to bank 1/2 a million.

jacklivi1874

Still stunned that the spin  re this on going saga is  Hibs are  playing hardball when its  patently obvious the complete opposite 

manaliveits105

Ceptic are obviously happy to sign inferior players than in the past and keep a tight lid on the biscuit tin Banjo will do even less than guppy for them at European level 

distinct lack of ambition - GOOD 

FTC FTH 

On 13/07/2018 at 14:07, Le Fifer said:

Only in Scotland would we complain about not getting the going rate for our players

Then demand that other clubs pay peanuts 

Celtic are the worlds worst when it comes to their own players valuations 

Id hate the thought of the hobos gettin £3-4 million but in the grander scheme of things it might bring more realistic valuations to the Scottish game

Bingo. Banjo. Bingo Banjo.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

And perfectly timed to be the day after the Sun did a full colour spread about how amazing Johnston is. Good to see the press doing what they need to for Celtic.

****ing embarrassing how much sooking up to celtic, hibs do. 

If Hearts every done that to any of the arse cheeks. I would honestly jack it in. 

Embarrassing, sickening, just a mentality I can't relate to. 

Celtic are treating them like a b team. 

The talk is he has handed in a transfer request...So, that really leaves Hibs between a rock and a hard place. Keep a player who now publicly wants to leave and can sign a pre-contract in 6 months OR accept the terms Celtic offer. It would appear this bumping up of McGinn's value has backfired a bit because Celtic seem to be the only serious bidders. Without a counter bid, his value is what Celtic are prepared to offer. I love watching them coming back down to earth. No McLaren, No McGeough, No Barker, McGinn off. Enjoy your rebuild Lenny. Leaving it a bit late though.

Mikey Johnston is a classic example of a young promising player who needs to play. He is potential only at the moment. 

Hopefully go somewhere else other than Hibs. But he could go there and fail. 

kirkierobroy

Surely just be in a queue for the bench at Sellick? Still, it's good money if you've no actual ambition.

8 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Surely just be in a queue for the bench at Sellick? Still, it's good money if you've no actual ambition.

Re ambition it was always curious him signing for a club in the Scottish Championship and he ended up 2 years there. 

5 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

The talk is he has handed in a transfer request...So, that really leaves Hibs between a rock and a hard place. Keep a player who now publicly wants to leave and can sign a pre-contract in 6 months OR accept the terms Celtic offer. It would appear this bumping up of McGinn's value has backfired a bit because Celtic seem to be the only serious bidders. Without a counter bid, his value is what Celtic are prepared to offer. I love watching them coming back down to earth. No McLaren, No McGeough, No Barker, McGinn off. Enjoy your rebuild Lenny. Leaving it a bit late though.

£2.2m apparently a done deal. What happens with Allan now will be the next pantomime, he wants to go to Hibs and they want him, no doubt Celtic want rid but they can play the game for as long as they want once they get McGinn. 

I think they'll get McLaren back and there's no chance barker is getting in the Man City team so unless a club down south want him he'll probably return also. Mallan and Silvika? replace McGinn and McGeough....not so sure its a huge rebuild, but I still don't see any depth in their squad.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

£2.2m apparently a done deal. What happens with Allan now will be the next pantomime, he wants to go to Hibs and they want him, no doubt Celtic want rid but they can play the game for as long as they want once they get McGinn. 

I think they'll get McLaren back and there's no chance barker is getting in the Man City team so unless a club down south want him he'll probably return also. Mallan and Silvika? replace McGinn and McGeough....not so sure its a huge rebuild, but I still don't see any depth in their squad.

Darmstadt have said McLaren wont be going back as he is part of their plans for this season. If Celtic are paying £2.2million there is no way Allan will be part of that as a permanent transfer. Slivka is not a patch on either of the 2 that have left/will leave so they may have players to cover but ultimately it is about quality...and they have lost a lot of that.

1 minute ago, wigwam123 said:

Darmstadt have said McLaren wont be going back as he is part of their plans for this season. If Celtic are paying £2.2million there is no way Allan will be part of that as a permanent transfer. Slivka is not a patch on either of the 2 that have left/will leave so they may have players to cover but ultimately it is about quality...and they have lost a lot of that.

He's also reportedly on £8k a week there. Allan has never been part of the deal, if Hibs want him they'll need to negotiate with Celtic so any more messing around with McGinn and they might not get him back, Celtic can loan him elsewhere if they so wish.

I've not seen much of Silvka tbh so I don't know but he was clearly back up to those two so obviously not rated as highly. I think McLaren and Barker returning are the key to how good they'll be this season, I suspect however we'll see them ship in another bus load of loanees...they got caught out doing that in the past so time will tell.

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

****ing embarrassing how much sooking up to celtic, hibs do. 

If Hearts every done that to any of the arse cheeks. I would honestly jack it in. 

Embarrassing, sickening, just a mentality I can't relate to. 

Celtic are treating them like a b team. 

Well said. 

FTH! 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He's also reportedly on £8k a week there. Allan has never been part of the deal, if Hibs want him they'll need to negotiate with Celtic so any more messing around with McGinn and they might not get him back, Celtic can loan him elsewhere if they so wish.

I've not seen much of Silvka tbh so I don't know but he was clearly back up to those two so obviously not rated as highly. I think McLaren and Barker returning are the key to how good they'll be this season, I suspect however we'll see them ship in another bus load of loanees...they got caught out doing that in the past so time will tell.

Id think they could get hibs to pay a fair whack back to them if they want Allan they dont need to do anything with him. Lend Johnston out hold on to Allan get McGinn across for around 2million pay St Mirren their 700k and then if they pay around 200/300k for Allan and Celtic may push it higher then they are left with about 1million and no depth they had no injuries really to big players last year so didn’t get caught out.

i thought Lennon had been promised the biggest ever transfer budget though? 

Just now, sadj said:

Id think they could get hibs to pay a fair whack back to them if they want Allan they dont need to do anything with him. Lend Johnston out hold on to Allan get McGinn across for around 2million pay St Mirren their 700k and then if they pay around 200/300k for Allan and Celtic may push it higher then they are left with about 1million and no depth they had no injuries really to big players last year so didn’t get caught out.

i thought Lennon had been promised the biggest ever transfer budget though? 

There's so many different permutations to this. Celtic fans I work with suggesting Allan doesn't want to go to Hibs on a perm but Hibs want him as part of the deal. McGinn wants to go and if he's forced to he'll submit a TR. Hibs keen on Johnston if they don't get Barker but want him on a loan deal outside of the McGinn / Allan deal. All sounds messy and could drag on. The deal for HIbs seems to be 2.2m plus Allan, but Allan would be looking at a £5k week drop in salary...

I guess that's relative if he got 100k last year and he's getting 200k this year that would count as biggest ever?

Say What Again
44 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The deal for HIbs seems to be 2.2m plus Allan, but Allan would be looking at a £5k week drop in salary...

Surely there's not a chance in hell of Scott Allan taking a £250k hit on his yearly salary (seeing it cut by around 60%?). I'd imagine that would be getting paid up in full by Celtic, so if he has another 2 years left on his deal, that's another £500k, so I'd guess that's why Celtic aren't going near the £3m mark.

They'd already effectively be coughing up £2.7m plus Scott Allan in that deal above,

Edited by Say What Again