"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

23 minutes ago, crichiejambos said:

McGinn is no going strengthen Celtic any more than they already are for the league anyway it's gonna weaken the flumps that's the only difference cos 2milllion is not going to be invested in the Hibs team,no chance.

I think he will get in their side when they are resting players for Europe etc. I wouldn't be surprised if his debut is at Tynie. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I think he will get in their side when they are resting players for Europe etc. I wouldn't be surprised if his debut is at Tynie. 

Much rather he played than say Rogic

22 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Much rather he played than say Rogic

Definitely.  

Craig Gordons Gloves

Firstly - apologies if this has been posted already.

Secondly, extreme apologies for linking to a Celtic blog. 

The Terrace Scottish Fitba podcast did an episode yesterday where they read out this blog amidst much hilarity.  Personally, i'm on hibs side with this, especially when you read what this absolute roaster has written. 

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/07/blogs/rod-petrie-thinks-hes-a-funny-guy-i-wonder-if-hibs-shareholders-are-laughing/

On 7/26/2018 at 18:36, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Firstly - apologies if this has been posted already.

Secondly, extreme apologies for linking to a Celtic blog. 

The Terrace Scottish Fitba podcast did an episode yesterday where they read out this blog amidst much hilarity.  Personally, i'm on hibs side with this, especially when you read what this absolute roaster has written. 

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/07/blogs/rod-petrie-thinks-hes-a-funny-guy-i-wonder-if-hibs-shareholders-are-laughing/

I agree.

Thats exactly why the Glasgow arse cheeks are detested. Because of that attitude. They are supremely confident that they will have McGinn and theres no way he's going down south or to any other team. Only to Celtic. Nobody else will bid because THEY are Celtic and nobody else counts.

Through gritted teeth I hope Hibs get £3M for him from an English side just to ram it up that lot!

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree.

Thats exactly why the Glasgow arse cheeks are detested. Because of that attitude. They are supremely confident that they will have McGinn and theres no way he's going down south or to any other team. Only to Celtic. Nobody else will bid because THEY are Celtic and nobody else counts.

Through gritted teeth I hope Hibs get £3M for him from an English side just to ram it up that lot!

Too far!

Hampden Demolition
40 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

In talks with Brighton, should be nowhere near the Premier League. 

Would be a fantastic move for him to be fair. Reckon even though he could be offered Premier League football, he will know himself he isn’t good enough and will hold out for Celtic.

Hampden Demolition
36 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

These clowns are going to end up getting the silly money for him 

Thats the difference between us and them though currently. Lennon knows how to play the media and big up his players, even if they are average.

37 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

They are trying to get Kayal on loan. 

44 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

It might be painful for people to accept but Lennon knows what he is doing. He's built a solid team over there and he knows exactly how to play the market (in terms of bigging up his players). His signings have all been relatively solid as well.

It doesn't help seeing that from our perspective as we are still trying to recover from the 'cathro experiment' which has set up back 2 years at least.

It should have been ten
On 26/07/2018 at 13:02, vegas-voss said:

Those Hibs fans are weird, guy quite clearly wants away but they still refer to him as SJM mind you he is only going to the big cousins to play so he will still be super to them and no doubt end up on loan to them for seasons on end :lol:

This 

39 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

It might be painful for people to accept but Lennon knows what he is doing. He's built a solid team over there and he knows exactly how to play the market (in terms of bigging up his players). His signings have all been relatively solid as well.

It doesn't help seeing that from our perspective as we are still trying to recover from the 'cathro experiment' which has set up back 2 years at least.

Have to stop you right there.

Lennon inherited the core of that squad from Stubbs( Mcginn, Mcgeoch, Gray,Boyle, Hanlon,Stevenson etc) So a solid team he inherited.

His signings are also another matter( if he was Hearts manager a couple of bad games and he would be in trouble) Stokes, Murray, The Lith for example he also brought in the keeper Marciano at cost only to search for a replacement come the January. The Hibs fans are absolutely hammering Whittaker aswell he must be on a hefty wage.

Lennon has a big season ahead of him Mcginn will be away Mcgregor and Gray are not getting younger.

I actually hope he goes down south and they get a decent fee for him.

Enough of the English clubs picking up decent players for budget prices,  as it only strengthens us in the future as we bring through players from the academy.

McGinn isn't any kind of world beater, but some of the crap that move from Championship club to club in England go for £10M+

If Scottish clubs keep taking low ball offers, the English clubs will just continue to do it.

1 hour ago, Ali Lawrie said:

In talks with Brighton, should be nowhere near the Premier League. 

Celtic to back off , let him go there and get found out.

Back up the road by next season on a free.  

1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

They are trying to get Kayal on loan. 

No chance! He will be on big wages and there would be bigger club's than hibs interested 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well if they do they won't be clowns but I know what you mean.

Also I think you are right. A few million is peanuts down there. Hopefully we will get a fortune for the likes if Souttar.

I don't see any other Hibs player commanding a large transfer fee, so they should make hay while the sun shines.

I'm surprised soutter is still with us. Thought a championship club wouldve been interested 

7 minutes ago, theshed said:

See the hibs fans on here are out in force on this thread 

They must be stunned to find this a better forum than their own.

slashishere
8 minutes ago, theshed said:

They barely try to hide it anymore as well

9 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

I'm surprised soutter is still with us. Thought a championship club wouldve been interested 

I think he's got another year of improvement left and will go for decent money next summer possibly. 

27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Watching Burnley's midfield last night I think he gets a game there. 

No way he would cut it in the EPL.  

Mr Brightside

English transfer window closes next week.  Celtic would be as well waiting till then to bid as there would be no competition and Hibs would be in a weaker position.

I don't think Celtic need him that much now and can wait to pick him up on a pre-contract agreement.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Rents said:

Lennon inherited the core of that squad from Stubbs( Mcginn, Mcgeoch, Gray,Boyle, Hanlon,Stevenson etc) So a solid team he inherited.

His signings are also another matter( if he was Hearts manager a couple of bad games and he would be in trouble) Stokes, Murray, The Lith for example he also brought in the keeper Marciano at cost only to search for a replacement come the January. The Hibs fans are absolutely hammering Whittaker aswell he must be on a hefty wage.

Lennon has a big season ahead of him Mcginn will be away Mcgregor and Gray are not getting younger.

100%, whisper it, but Stubbs was good for them. 

On topic, Mcginn is no world beater, but bog standard English players go for £15m plus, although only one game the match last night made a mockery of some of the values, Mcginn and gms skinned their full backs 9/10 and technically there was very little in the tie. 

Players with a handful of first team games are going for silly money. 

If Brighton are interested then £3m - £5m is peanuts and although shite atm as its hibs, is a good marker for future dealings that every club has with the Epl. 

Having said that, Celtic pre contract would be gravy tho, no money for Hibs or St mirren. 

Walter Burns

If he signs for Brighton it won't help his big fat arse.....he'll be sitting on it every week on the bench ...if he's lucky...

26 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

If he signs for Brighton it won't help his big fat arse.....he'll be sitting on it every week on the bench ...if he's lucky...

Theyre gonna need a bigger bench

queensferryjambo
5 hours ago, theshed said:

You don’t need to see them. You can smell them a mile away ?

Total weirdos posting on opposition teams forums and thinking anyone is swayed by their sneaky creepy Hibs nonsense.

Clerry Jambo

He will end up at Parkhead, Tache is the master bluffer. Put out other clubs interested and ra cellic will chuck in a loanee to secure the deal

5 hours ago, Rents said:

Still got Lewis though :huh2:

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Walter Burns said:

He would be fourth choice for sureu.  this is a nightmare for me, if he signs for Brighton I will be obligated to like and back him as a player and Hibs end up with more money.

i would rather we (Brighton) kept Kayal

Edited by Brighton Jambo

jamboinglasgow

wondering if Hibs could be facing a tough time this week. If there is English Premier league team or teams interested or championship teams then they have until Thursday to buy him which is Hibs best chance to get a big bid for him. Say an English team offer £3m, and Hibs hold out for £4m, and those teams dont up it before the deadline then Hibs are only stuck with Celtic. Which case Celtic could play hard ball with Hibs as the only realistic bidder left. Hibs would be faced with a choice, accept Celtics bid or face losing him next summer for nothing. 

Does Lennon get a cut of this transfer fee? For a manager that doesn't want to sell a player he's doing his utmost to sell the player!!

I hope he stays with the cabbages but I think its unlikely.  Celtic will wait till the last minute and make a lower offer which they'll have to accept or lose out altogether.

Rod and Tommp will want the poapy.

17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Lennon in the Metro today basically begging for someone to buy him.

Not read the article but i would imagine he has told them he wants away and they are now doing all they can to get an English based bid before the window shuts.

Desperation in the voices of the radio commentators on Sportssound. Plethora of English scouts watching him etc etc ....Bit of a waste of time if he is set on Celtic.

3 hours ago, hawaii said:

Does Lennon get a cut of this transfer fee? For a manager that doesn't want to sell a player he's doing his utmost to sell the player!!

Indeed.

Personally I think English Clubs marketing departments will kybosh any deal due to his banjo boy looks and fat arse..... 

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Not read the article but i would imagine he has told them he wants away and they are now doing all they can to get an English based bid before the window shuts.

It'll all be tears and snotters all round if his agent has told him to sit it out until January and sign a pre contact with his boyhood heroes. Just got a feeling that's exactly what us going to happen.

RealMaroonCF

I'm sure it was Peter Houston on BBC radio yesterday quoting that Jack  Grealish is going for 20 odd million and that .....wait for it and get the hankies ready...McGinn is a much much better and more modern player than him.

I'm struggling to type as I roll round the floor here. No joke that was the quote

In my opinion, this is your typical fan rivalry. Because he plays for them, hes shite. If we had him, we would think he was amazing. 

I think hes a very good player, and much better than some on here want to admit. Hes played for the national team, is Browns natural successor. Brendan Rodgers is a decent manager, so he rates him. There are a lot of people in the game who say hes a good player 

Personally, I cant wait for him to leave Easter Road, because they will really struggle to replace him. 

Hibs are panicking as they only have 3 1/2 days to sell him to England then they are stuck going back cap in hand to their big cousins

13 minutes ago, daftie said:

In my opinion, this is your typical fan rivalry. Because he plays for them, hes shite. If we had him, we would think he was amazing. 

I think hes a very good player, and much better than some on here want to admit. Hes played for the national team, is Browns natural successor. Brendan Rodgers is a decent manager, so he rates him. There are a lot of people in the game who say hes a good player 

Personally, I cant wait for him to leave Easter Road, because they will really struggle to replace him. 

Thanks....DAFTIE!  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, hawaii said:

10% it has been said 

Also been said that is pretty standard 

18 minutes ago, daftie said:

Can't argue with this Daftie, I too can't wait for him to leave Hibs don't care where just away please.

19 minutes ago, daftie said:

Far too reasoned , sensible and objective for a daftie