"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

MacDonald Jardine
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People picking fault with Hearts 

Season must be starting soon 

It's a fair point if you look at the last few years though. 

It's one thing you have to give Vlad credit for. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I think Vlad would have 'interesting' negotiation techniques.....:wacko2:

49 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

you quoted me. :laugh:

no worries crack on.

Read the thread back when you're off the crack:laugh:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

:mmtaxi:

MacDonald Jardine
34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think Vlad would have 'interesting' negotiation techniques.....:wacko2:

Indeed. But they worked.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

aye, it's a mystery how a club with no youth structure and crumbling infrastructure that was badly managed for years and then recovered from admin haven't produced and sold players for loads of Wonga.

Vlad threw big contracts at players, thus helping them stay on and then we could demand bigger fees, easy to keep players happy and then demand bigger fees if they are on £10k+ a week and on a 2/3 year deal.

Gordon comes to mind and I remember Hartley and Presley also getting big contracts.

For example, If we had thrown £15k at Patterson, he would have stayed and we could then demand a big fee.  We won't be doing that again.

Not a good long term strategy...………….

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Hibs are better than us at getting top dollar for there assets, ie Brown Thomson & Whitaker £8-9m combined for the 3 of them

They are better at putting out the PR spin into the media, pundits as we have seen with McGinn fawn over them

However to get good money we must have our good young players on long contracts, the ones we genuinely believe in ie Cochrane and McDonald should be on at least 5 years minimum contract to allow us to maximise there value.

Obviosly its a gamble but its the only way we will ever get decent money for young talent, McGinn had a 4 year deal at Hibs, Tierney has a 6 year contract at Celtic 

Harry has a 3 year contract at present, takes him up until he’s 19, what’s to stop a new agent advising him not to sign a new deal and he walks away and all we get is a development fee, a fraction of his true worth ala Callum Paterson

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

No they're not.

I give you Craig Gordon £9M just for him.

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I'd agree, but they just bought a striker for £7m  and play one up front so you never know. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

?

Edurda ( sp) chap - no?

I've been aborad so might be getting mixed up.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Think you're getting confused.

I was replying to the poster that said Hibs get more for their players than we do.

He quoted £8-£9M for 3 players whereas we got £9M for one i.e. Craig Gordon.

you quoted me. :laugh:

no worries crack on.

17 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

7 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

:mmtaxi:

Here you go.

It stops making sense as soon as you join in:laugh:

Edited by Rudolf

SpruceBringsteen

With some of the prices being bandied about for this utterly mediocre hatchet man, you have to wonder what you'd be asking for a vastly superior player such as Neil Berry these days.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Here you go.

It stops making sense as soon as you join in:laugh:

I wasn't talking about Hibs, I was talking about the thumb and leaving celtic. 

**** all to do with hibs getting better money for transfers. 

Wires crossed?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

With some of the prices being bandied about for this utterly mediocre hatchet man, you have to wonder what you'd be asking for a vastly superior player such as Neil Berry these days.

£100m plus Allan in this case.

Souttar has to be worth twice as much as Mcginn as well, as for patterson £400m...

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I'm not so sure - Hibs are the only club he's ever really shone at, he had McGinn and McGeough round him....I'd be delighted if they swap them. Weakens HIbs and does nothing for Celtic.

Fair point mate.

stevie1874

No player at Celtic, unless it’s a youth player is going to sign for Hibs due to the massive drop in wages and that includes Scott Allan. Possibly negotiate another loan deal for a couple of players.

tolcross lad

McGinn  is an above average SPFL midfielder.He would be average in the English Championship.He would be good enough to help Celtic keep their SPFL title but not good enough to improve their performance in Europe.£1.5m is excessive but he comes with the Celtic minded tag. 

6 hours ago, King prawn said:

230 appearances / 19 goals / 44 bookings :facepalm: 

And he spent two seasons in the Championship, which makes his goal return look even worse

James1874f
28 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

McGinn  is an above average SPFL midfielder.He would be average in the English Championship.He would be good enough to help Celtic keep their SPFL title but not good enough to improve their performance in Europe.£1.5m is excessive but he comes with the Celtic minded tag. 

Ding ding we have a winner

100% on every point 

FTH

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I’ve now decided I hope he stays at the mups, nowhere near worth what the Tache wants. 

This.

Would love it if they get no money along with St Mirren 

From what I gather Lawell bid half what Derby and Brighton have for him. They mustn't rate the boy.  

42 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

From what I gather Lawell bid half what Derby and Brighton have for him. They mustn't rate the boy.  

Maybe he knows he doesn't need to compete with Derby et al because McGinn 'wants to play for his boyhood heroes' or that will be the line the papers take tomorrow when nasty hibs turn down celtics latest derisory bid. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I reckon he will go nowhere and see out the last year of his contract before joining the mhanks on a pre contract.

He obviously wants to go to them in my opinion as it's easy money and medals and he ain't good enough for down south.

I agree, and Celtic can match the wages that a Championship side in England can offer.  Hibs either accept what they can get from Celtic for letting him go now, or get nowt when he walks at the end of his contract.  

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I agree, and Celtic can match the wages that a Championship side in England can offer.  Hibs either accept what they can get from Celtic for letting him go now, or get nowt when he walks at the end of his contract.  

I'm loving the chat on hibs net about it.

Worth more if he stays is the new .net fact. Like McGinn will try a leg if he stays with Celtic flashing their knickers at him all season.

Also they suddenly hate Celtic forgetting about the 6 or 7 players they've given them recently....a scorned lover indeed!

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'm loving the chat on hibs net about it.

Worth more if he stays is the new .net fact. Like McGinn will try a leg if he stays with Celtic flashing their knickers at him all season.

Also they suddenly hate Celtic forgetting about the 6 or 7 players they've given them recently....a scorned lover indeed!

I think they convinced themselves that McGinn would do right by them, like when he said he was in no hurry to leave Hibs.  They didn't realise that the reason he was in no hurry to leave was because he'd set his heart on joining Celtic, so was in  no hurry to accept offers from other clubs, regardless of whether those offers might be better for Hibs finances.

Their very own Jamie Walker and Rangers stories .

trmendous. He’ll end up going for fek all pre signing in January . 

Horrible rancid club

Edited by 1971fozzy

andsoitbegins

It'd be an awful shame if the player they'd rescued from being stabbed at St Mirren and developed into a massive arsed fud turns around and holds out to leave them with nothing. An awful shame.

:jj:

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Horrible rancid club

I hear that there is at least one other bigger offer on the table from an English Club for him. He wants to go to Celtic and won't be swayed by anything else. Celtic know that and hold the whip hand now. Hibs are now in the position of having  to accept a pretty derisory offer from them or hold on to a disgruntled player who will sign a pre contract with Celtic in January.  Bet the Tache caves in and takes what ever is on offer.

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I hear that there is at least one other bigger offer on the table from an English Club for him. He wants to go to Celtic and won't be swayed by anything else. Celtic know that and hold the whip hand now. Hibs are now in the position of having  to accept a pretty derisory offer from them or hold on to a disgruntled player who will sign a pre contract with Celtic in January.  Bet the Tache caves in and takes what ever is on offer.

Already said it...The hibs fans are about to endure a Jamie Walker saga. Only difference is Celtic have something they want in Scott Allan....that may save the taches blushes on this one. If McGinn wants to go to Celtic he'll get there it's just how quickly it happens. For all the posturing from the fans and Hibs the quicker the better for Lennon and the teams sake. There's every chance the Celtic fringe players will be sold/loaned elsewhere leaving hibs with a few quid and no midfield!

johnthomas
22 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Already said it...The hibs fans are about to endure a Jamie Walker saga. Only difference is Celtic have something they want in Scott Allan....that may save the taches blushes on this one. If McGinn wants to go to Celtic he'll get there it's just how quickly it happens. For all the posturing from the fans and Hibs the quicker the better for Lennon and the teams sake. There's every chance the Celtic fringe players will be sold/loaned elsewhere leaving hibs with a few quid and no midfield!

Scott Allan has zero value to Celtic . Using him to complete the deal would really be taking the piss .

£1.5m + 0 = £1.5m

BR stated last season that Allan should stay with Hibs . 

Perhaps he was planting the seed for this deal ?

8 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Scott Allan has zero value to Celtic . Using him to complete the deal would really be taking the piss .

£1.5m + 0 = £1.5m

BR stated last season that Allan should stay with Hibs . 

Perhaps he was planting the seed for this deal ?

His value at the moment is Hibs want him, aside from that I agree, he'll be on decent wages so the quicker he's gone the better. That said from Scott Allans perspective why take a huge wage cut just to go to Hibs on a perm. He can see out his contract at Celtic then go to Hibs. Basically in all the parties involved the ones with the least power in this are Hibs. They stand to lose one of their best players and have no control over the player they want. The players hold all the aces, with Celtic a close 2nd.

So far they have effectively lost McGinn Mclean McGeough and Allan from the team that played us at Tynecastle… its not easy replacing that lot!

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

His value at the moment is Hibs want him, aside from that I agree, he'll be on decent wages so the quicker he's gone the better. That said from Scott Allans perspective why take a huge wage cut just to go to Hibs on a perm. He can see out his contract at Celtic then go to Hibs. Basically in all the parties involved the ones with the least power in this are Hibs. They stand to lose one of their best players and have no control over the player they want. The players hold all the aces, with Celtic a close 2nd.

So far they have effectively lost McGinn Mclean McGeough and Allan from the team that played us at Tynecastle… its not easy replacing that lot!

Add Barker too, thought he looked dangerous, they've got a hell of a lot of work to do because currently their best midfield would look something like Boyle, Bartley, Slivka, Swanson :lol:

avhudtheteeshirt

Celtic playing the long game, put in a low bid, unsettle the player, come back with a slightly larger bid, job done or get him for nothing come Christmas!!!!!!!

ginger jambo98
43 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Add Barker too, thought he looked dangerous, they've got a hell of a lot of work to do because currently their best midfield would look something like Boyle, Bartley, Slivka, Swanson :lol:

They're apparently in for both Stevie Mallan from Barnsley and Dylan Horgan from Preston, both midfield playmaker types. Maybe they're ditching the attempt to get Scott Allan back.

13 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

They're apparently in for both Stevie Mallan from Barnsley and Dylan Horgan from Preston, both midfield playmaker types. Maybe they're ditching the attempt to get Scott Allan back.

The Stevie Mallan deal has been dragging on forever.... wonder if he's looking at his options!?

Dylan Horgan was the player we were linked with last season. Done well in the Irish league and europa league but not sure how he’s done at Preston.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Horrible rancid club

Was thinking the same 

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The Stevie Mallan deal has been dragging on forever.... wonder if he's looking at his options!?

Do Barnsley not have a new manager? Maybe he wants to give Mallan another chance. 

22 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’ll guess Barnsley want some cash back and Hibs have to sell first.

54 minutes ago, graham said:

Dylan Horgan was the player we were linked with last season. Done well in the Irish league and europa league but not sure how he’s done at Preston.

No great if he's leaving for Hibs would be my guess?

19 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

No player at Celtic, unless it’s a youth player is going to sign for Hibs due to the massive drop in wages and that includes Scott Allan. Possibly negotiate another loan deal for a couple of players.

Be a case that Celtic will pay a majority of Allans wage until his contract with them expires Hibs will make up the difference 

Fill me in please, has the fat arsed inbred mutant left Hibs?

Edited by i8hibsh

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Fill me in please, has the fat arsed inbred mutant left Hibs?

No I'm not gay and no he's not left yet

jacklivi1874
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Bang on 

21 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I wasn't talking about Hibs, I was talking about the thumb and leaving celtic. 

**** all to do with hibs getting better money for transfers. 

Wires crossed?

but in fairness you replied to him about him replying to a quote about hibs...

Edited by deko 94

Bazzas right boot
Just now, deko 94 said:

but in fairness you replied to him about him replying to a quote about hibs...

Aye, maybe I seem to have ****ed it. 

Confused everyone. 

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, maybe I seem to have ****ed it. 

Confused everyone. 

:laugh: i got bored and wanted to see what you pair were on about

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, deko 94 said:

:laugh: i got bored and wanted to see what you pair were on about

I got confused, lost, offended... ?, then lost, confused and then felt daft. 

Forgot all about it, then felt daft again. 

that's my bad :laugh:

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Told you to stay off the crack:laugh:

davemclaren
On 03/07/2018 at 16:45, Rudolf said:

No they're not.

I give you Craig Gordon £9M just for him.

Correct. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Told you to stay off the crack:laugh:

I did and it all went to feck. 

Better just to stay on it?