"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Seems like Celtic are now prepared to play a 'waiting game' according to reports, and Banjo Boy is 'unsettled' says Lennon.

:rofl:

??? superb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Seems like Celtic are now prepared to play a 'waiting game' according to reports, and Banjo Boy is 'unsettled' says Lennon.

Lennon talking Tom Kite. He knows exactly how Celtic operate. Lennon will be pissed off more that Rod the Tache and Leanne Travelodge have knocked back the bids.

29 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

It was always going to happen. McGinn is a Celtic fan wants to go there and you can be sure there's an agent right in the middle of this oiling the wheels.

So he'll either go now for less than hibs want or he'll hang around for a year unhappy and leave for free, most likely souring their relationship with celtic in the process

24 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

So he'll either go now for less than hibs want or he'll hang around for a year unhappy and leave for free, most likely souring their relationship with celtic in the process

He'll wait until January sign a pre contract with Celtic and then Hibs will huff and puff then let him go there for sweeties.  I reckon  his agent will have told him to sit tight until January. 

By the light
19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He'll wait until January sign a pre contract with Celtic and then Hibs will huff and puff then let him go there for sweeties.  I reckon  his agent will have told him to sit tight until January. 

Celtic don’t need him right away, I think they view him as a replacement for Brown when he retires. They’ll be happy to wait to get him in January on a pre contract.

I imagine Hibs will be frantically drumming up as much interest from the Championship down south as they possibly can.

10 minutes ago, By the light said:

Celtic don’t need him right away, I think they view him as a replacement for Brown when he retires. They’ll be happy to wait to get him in January on a pre contract.

I imagine Hibs will be frantically drumming up as much interest from the Championship down south as they possibly can.

It won't do any good if McGinn doesn't want to move down there.

Unfortunately for Hibs, their valuation of McGinn assumes that there will be several clubs competing for his signature.  That assumption falls if McGinn decides there is only one club he wants to sign for.

By the light
19 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It won't do any good if McGinn doesn't want to move down there.

Unfortunately for Hibs, their valuation of McGinn assumes that there will be several clubs competing for his signature.  That assumption falls if McGinn decides there is only one club he wants to sign for.

Completely agree. That’s why it’s so funny!

jacklivi1874
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I think Hibs will regret accepting 2m now that Celtic have walked away from negotiations. 

I'd be gobsmacked if Hibs were offered  anywhere near £2 million for lard arse  

:lol: transfer request on its way.

No point playing a player not going to be there or doesn’t want to be there.  Mon The fishermen 

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Avoiding being ineligible for Celtic

He wouldn’t have been.  Rule change. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

Hibs have shat it....Celtic told them they were walking away....See you in January and Hibs bottle crashed.

Quite rightly shat it though.  Celtic being ***** just as rangers have been for many years. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Quite rightly shat it though.  Celtic being ***** just as rangers have been for many years. 

Do you think banjo boy is worth the vermin's asking price of £5m?

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

It's the food chain. How many players have we bought for buttons from smaller teams...no one moaned at that. You either stand up too the OF...like we did with Walker or you pretend too them bottle it like Hibs are doing.

Bottom line is Celtic had them over a barrel...They want Allan and anymore posturing over McGinn and that deal was over.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It's the food chain. How many players have we bought for buttons from smaller teams...no one moaned at that. You either stand up too the OF...like we did with Walker or you pretend too them bottle it like Hibs are doing.

Bottom line is Celtic had them over a barrel...They want Allan and anymore posturing over McGinn and that deal was over.

I totally agree.  But food chain or not, them and the huns taking our best players using the tactic they do stops us going forward.   Same if rangers bid £300k for Laff to unsettle him (which it would) and play the game to get him cheaper.  The good news is they have lost their two best players who we will not hear from for a couple of years until they are back on loan to Hibs or Aberdeen.

letsalldothebeattie
10 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He wouldn’t have been.  Rule change. 

Fair enough didn’t know that rule had changed 

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do you think banjo boy is worth the vermin's asking price of £5m?

:lol:  he’s worth what hibs value him at and Celtic know it.  Same as Lafferty is worth what we value him at but it wouldn’t stop Rangers lowering loads less and unsettling him for. 

In in my opinion though with a year left on his deal and a Scotland internationalist he is worth less than what we sold Berra for.  

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Fair enough didn’t know that rule had changed 

?

9 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Radio suggesting a deal with Celtic is imminent. £2.5M

Robbery.  

9 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Radio suggesting a deal with Celtic is imminent. £2.5M

St Mirren will be delighted. 

Wait till Celtic stick a 3m price tag on Allan....Lennon will explode!

jacklivi1874

I still cant get my head round Celtic paying funny money for the Mutant  when they hold just about all the cards

Tennant's  6's
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Will leave a big hole in their team. 

Good.  

Still would be surprised if tic bid as much as £2.5m.

they'll still win the league without him, and he won't help them in Europe..

...a bit disco

McGinn 'genuinely not 100% fit' - Lennon

Hibernian v NSI Runavik (19:45)

Hibs boss Neil Lennon insists John McGinn was not fit enough to play tonight.

"His thigh was heavily strapped yesterday," Lennon told BBC Radio Scotland. "He trained but he couldn’t get through the set plays at the end, it was starting to swell up.

"Obviously he’s slept on it, it’s come up again this morning, and just with the way things are and the circumstances, it’s best not to play him.

"He’s genuinely not 100% fit. I’m in control of this, we’ve got a strong team out anyway, and he’ll be ready for the away leg next week."

Aware of how McGinn's omission might be seen by conspiracy theorists out there, Lennon admits his prized asset has been affected by Celtic's interest in him.

"He’s a human being," Lennon added. "It’s a huge club interested in him, the biggets in Scotland, the champions. There has been a substantial bid but it doesn't meet out valuation, so it’ll be playing on his mind because it’s impossible not to be.

"The ball is firmly in Celtic’s court. Our club have made our stance clear. I would expect Celtic to come again."

Nucky Thompson

There should be an enquiry if Celtic pay another Scottish club £2.5m for a player in the final year of his contract.

Something stinks

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

"His thigh was heavily strapped yesterday," Lennon told BBC Radio Scotland. "He trained but he couldn’t get through the set plays at the end, it was starting to swell up.

"Obviously he’s slept on it, it’s come up again this morning, and just with the way things are and the circumstances, it’s best not to play him.

"He’s genuinely not 100% fit. I’m in control of this, we’ve got a strong team out anyway, and he’ll be ready for the away leg next week."

Aware of how McGinn's omission might be seen by conspiracy theorists out there, Lennon admits his prized asset has been affected by Celtic's interest in him.

"He’s a human being," Lennon added. "It’s a huge club interested in him, the biggets in Scotland, the champions. There has been a substantial bid but it doesn't meet out valuation, so it’ll be playing on his mind because it’s impossible not to be.

"The ball is firmly in Celtic’s court. Our club have made our stance clear. I would expect Celtic to come again."

You or a happy co-incidence

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, sadj said:

You or a happy co-incidence

Lennon kens the truth.

:biggrin:

John Findlay
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

R. Porteous  on the bench and Lennon was saying yesterday he had comeback from the Toulon tournament with a cartilage injury and he Lennon was not happy with Scotland. Me thinks Lennon speaks to much with a forked tongue.

Edited by John Findlay

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Good to see Lennon come out and recognise this

Edited by scott herbertson

On 11/07/2018 at 16:02, Chaps said:

Seen a few comments on social media and quite a few Hibs fans seem to think Armstrong isn’t half as good as McGinn :lol: 

They still believe they can get at least 4M because Celtic managed to get 7M for Armstrong and both players had a year left on their contract.

deluded arseholes.

I know we're supposed to rubbish Hibs players but McGinn has more potential than Armstrong. Their games vs Celtic last season proved it.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I know we're supposed to rubbish Hibs players but McGinn has more potential than Armstrong. Their games vs Celtic last season proved it.

How so?

fabienleclerq
28 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Aware of how McGinn's omission might be seen by conspiracy theorists out there, Lennon admits his prized asset has been affected by Celtic's in

"He’s a human being," Lennon added. "It’s a huge club interested in him, the BIGGETS in Scotland, the champions. There has been a substantial bid but it doesn't meet out valuation, so it’ll be playing on his mind because it’s impossible not to be.

"The biggets" ?

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

:lol:  he’s worth what hibs value him at and Celtic know it.  Same as Lafferty is worth what we value him at but it wouldn’t stop Rangers lowering loads less and unsettling him for. 

In in my opinion though with a year left on his deal and a Scotland internationalist he is worth less than what we sold Berra for.  

Actually you have it the wrong way round. You're only worth what someone is willing to pay for you. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually you have it the wrong way round. You're only worth what someone is willing to pay for you. 

True, come to think of it.  At the same time though if the club isn’t willing to sell at that price the player is worth more to them than a one off financial payment for transfer.  

He will end up west regardless. 

Edited by Juanjo15

If I was celtic I’d lower my offer. They can easily wait. And as for Allan ? Fek that tell popcorn teeth he’s staying in Glasgow .

whilst I have an immeasurable hatred for both sides of the Glasgow erse cheeks, I find it more arousing to see the vermin getting shafted.

hope he ends up signing a pre contract in January for the square root of fek all. Also means celtics other lovers St Mirren get the square root of fek all as well. Win win

Edited by 1971fozzy

Can you imagine having someone manage your club who is so obsessed with another club in the league. If you could guarantee Lennon a job with another club right now I think he would be delighted if the mutant signed a pre contract in January. He is despicable on almost every level. 

Rod Petrie will be shitting himself at the prospect of Super John signing a pre contract. They will accept a slightly improved offer with Allan as makeshift. 

50 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Rod Petrie will be shitting himself at the prospect of Super John signing a pre contract. They will accept a slightly improved offer with Allan as makeshift. 

Why would Celtic bother though.  Doubt if it's anything like make or break for them.  I expect their attitude is that they've made a very good offer for a player they might actually get for nothing a bit later.

If some other club comes in and gets him, so what.  Plenty other fish in the sea with gigantic bottoms.

I hope he stays.  I think he is vastly over rated and if he wants to go but can't he wont try a leg and they will get f all