"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

King prawn
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Had a quick look at his career stats. From Wiki so not sure how accurate it is.

20 goals in 230 games.

5M for that.

:cornette: 

He’s got more bookings than goals.

230 appearances / 19 goals / 44 bookings :facepalm: 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King prawn

Just to put it in perspective... Hartley scored more goals than McGinn has in half the number of games whilst playing for Hearts

Ryan Jarman

Won't get a million for him. Available on pre contract in 6 months. 

Can away and shite if they think they'll get anywhere over that. 

gorgieheart

Can see Brenda chucking Scott Allan into the mix.

Sloth heads west, SA heads east along with £1.8 Million ? 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Just to put it in perspective... Hartley scored more goals than McGinn has in half the number of games whilst playing for Hearts

Aye but can be stick his arse out and fall over as well as McGinn can?

I've always wondered about that. Do you think the falling over is a defence mechanism he's adopted from training with Bartley every day? 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

They couldn’t afford Griffiths wages and he’d be wanted by a few English championship teams I’d imagine.

no chance he’d end up back at that shithole 

I wouldn't rule out a loan. 

He'll 100% end up at hibs, when is the only question, not if. 

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

McGinn is now better than Armstrong!?!?

Going by their logic, Southampton would've been better paying £2M for the mutant and saving themselves £5M:laugh:

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not according to him. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Not according to him. 

I'd bet he'll be there again, maybe now maybe 5 years, but he'll be back there. 

Tbh, thoI can't see him Going just now. 

12 minutes ago, King prawn said:

230 appearances / 19 goals / 44 bookings :facepalm: 

44 bookings!!  It continues to go under the media radar the McGinn is actually a dirty wee bassa!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

They would be better going for Harry, he will be a much better player. 

Keep it quiet but Souttar would be an ideal player for them. 

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Have to agree Chuck - once a scummy Hobo always a scummy Hobo!

Escobar PHM
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Serious question.  If we had a choice of Cochrane or McGinn, how many would choose McGinn?

If the same option applied to the cabbages would they choose McGinn?

At this stage, if your talking about here and now I'd take McGinn. In 2-3 years Cochrane will be  a far more productive player though, so for the future, you'd be daft if you said anything other than Cochrane.

Annoys me that hibs are rejecting £1.5m for mcginn and we were getting offered a quarter of that for walker.  Also add in the sickening amount we ended up getting for Paterson.

If mcginn was at hearts we would be getting offered £400k for him, he would just see out his contract and end up going on a free.

andyscott82

I actually think nobody will match their nonsense valuation, he'll still be a vermin player at the end of the window, and then they'll lose him for about 750k in January. 

The Old Tolbooth

McGinn is seriously over rated, sticks his arse out and falls down all over the shop, turning down £1.5M for him is madness :lol: 

vegas-voss
43 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Can see Brenda chucking Scott Allan into the mix.

Sloth heads west, SA heads east along with £1.8 Million ? 

And then Hibs fans will claim Allan is better( I actually think he is) just because McGinn has left nothing to do with talent.

£1.5m plus Allan is a very good deal for Hibs. I’m surprised Celtic think he can improve their squad tbh......he’s nothing special at all imo.

Also....

Celtic and Hibs are so intertwined that when Lennon leaves Hibs the first thing they’ll look for is a former “Celt” just to keep up the weird relationship.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Also, would John McGinn's face pass a medical?

His face would comfortably pass a medical at Celtic. 

When I look at McGinn I just think Celtic. It takes years of inbreeding to make a thing so spectacularly ugly. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

His face would comfortably pass a medical at Celtic. 

When I look at McGinn I just think Celtic. It takes years of inbreeding to make a thing so spectacularly ugly. 

As an alternative to Celtic minded- do we now have Celtic faced  :bucktooth: ?

jacklivi1874

You got to laugh when Hobos add the likes of Christie to equation.. like he will want to go is never in doubt

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And then Hibs fans will claim Allan is better( I actually think he is) just because McGinn has left nothing to do with talent.

Me too, although after 50-70 mins Allan struggles. 

Mcginn is suited to celtic

Ugly 

Fat arse

Falls over

Moans allot

He's a decent player and will get better as well over time. However, He's nowhere near as good as folk think he is tho, definitely not better than Armstrong and in attacking sense I think Christie is better. 

Celtic also have Morgan who I think looks like a clever player and these two guys are squad players. 

Not sure where Mcginn fits, probably fit in better down Govan way. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Also, would John McGinn's face pass a medical?

With Flying colours down there. 

Famous 1874

It just screams Hibs getting Christie and Allan, along with a bit of cash.

One of the biggest cheats in Scottish football, only behind Scott Brown.

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

Annoys me that hibs are rejecting £1.5m for mcginn and we were getting offered a quarter of that for walker.  Also add in the sickening amount we ended up getting for Paterson.

If mcginn was at hearts we would be getting offered £400k for him, he would just see out his contract and end up going on a free.

Hibs are better than us at getting top dollar for there assets, ie Brown Thomson & Whitaker £8-9m combined for the 3 of them

They are better at putting out the PR spin into the media, pundits as we have seen with McGinn fawn over them

However to get good money we must have our good young players on long contracts, the ones we genuinely believe in ie Cochrane and McDonald should be on at least 5 years minimum contract to allow us to maximise there value.

Obviosly its a gamble but its the only way we will ever get decent money for young talent, McGinn had a 4 year deal at Hibs, Tierney has a 6 year contract at Celtic 

Harry has a 3 year contract at present, takes him up until he’s 19, what’s to stop a new agent advising him not to sign a new deal and he walks away and all we get is a development fee, a fraction of his true worth ala Callum Paterson

Edited by jbee647

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Hibs are better than us at getting top dollar for there assets, ie Brown Thomson & Whitaker £8-9m combined for the 3 of them

They are better at putting out the PR spin into the media, pundits as we have seen with McGinn fawn over them

However to get good money we must have our good young players on long contracts, the ones we genuinely believe in ie Cochrane and McDonald should be on at least 5 years minimum contract to allow us to maximise there value.

Obviosly its a gamble but its the only way we will ever get decent money for young talent, McGinn had a 4 year deal at Hibs, Tierney has a 6 year contract at Celtic 

Harry has a 3 year contract at present, takes him up until he’s 19, what’s to stop a new agent advising him not to sign a new deal and he walks away and all we get is a development fee, a fraction of his true worth ala Callum Paterson

May be wrong here but there are restrictions on length of contract depending on age of player. We could only extend Harry’s by one year.

I think.

ps, rest of post spot on. Hibs are total media darlings and also have Rod nicely placed in Sfa for when they need.

Edited by TheBigO

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He's a really good player.

Who chose to go to the Scottish Championship at a crucial stage in his career. Not sure he has the drive and ambition to succeed. Maybe Brendan Rodgers can sort him out though. 

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not this year or next he won't 

He is highly thought of and it's more likely they will sell Dembele 

31 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

No they're not.

I give you Craig Gordon £9M just for him.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

No they're not.

I give you Craig Gordon £9M just for him.

I'd agree, but they just bought a striker for £7m  and play one up front so you never know. 

34 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Brown Thomson and Whittaker were worth far more than 8million.

Two things with youngsters - what if they don't make it for whatever reason and you have them for 5 years, and also youngsters don't always want long contracts as they'll take the first money move on offer, most of them have someone advising them.

We were also offered a considerable amount by West Ham for Paterson - he then got injured and that deal was dead.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Agree Allan is by far the better player. 

1F118A58-DD64-43DD-8795-7EC7C8C9161F.gif.042814421439431d1245077efd8b6e00.gif

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I'd agree, but they just bought a striker for £7m  and play one up front so you never know. 

?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rudolf said:

?

Edurda ( sp) chap - no?

I've been aborad so might be getting mixed up.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Edurda ( sp) chap - no?

I've been aborad so might be getting mixed up.

Think you're getting confused.

I was replying to the poster that said Hibs get more for their players than we do.

He quoted £8-£9M for 3 players whereas we got £9M for one i.e. Craig Gordon.

Edited by Rudolf

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Agree Allan is by far the better player. 

1F118A58-DD64-43DD-8795-7EC7C8C9161F.gif.042814421439431d1245077efd8b6e00.gif

I'm not so sure - Hibs are the only club he's ever really shone at, he had McGinn and McGeough round him....I'd be delighted if they swap them. Weakens HIbs and does nothing for Celtic.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Think you're getting confused.

I was replying to the poster that said Hibs get more for their players than we do.

He quoted £8-£9M for 3 players whereas we got £9M for one i.e. Craig Gordon.

you quoted me. :laugh:

no worries crack on.

Keep it quiet but Souttar would be an ideal player for them. 

I hope for both our and Scotland sake he heads down south, needs to grow and build up though. It’s land of the giants down there. 

5 years he will just be picking up a wage then.  I think he will finish at Celtic or near his children at Dundee.