• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3M For a player with 1 year left on his contract?

Armstrong is 10x the player McGinn is, and they just sold him.

5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Lewis Morgan and/or Charlie Christie on loan.

Kouassi (loan) and Allan have been offered apparently. 

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Transfer request incoming.  It's the celtic way of getting a player in Scotland. 

I'd be surprised in this case, if he does he'll wave his right to 10% of the transfer fee. Be interesting to see if he plays tonight, and if he does just how committed he is.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

3M For a player with 1 year left on his contract?

Armstrong is 10x the player McGinn is, and they just sold him.

For £8m and he had a year left too but I agree, Armstrong is a lot better a player.  McGinn is over rated and wouldn't get in Celtic's side.  

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Kouassi (loan) and Allan have been offered apparently. 

A straight up £2m bid. Not sure players are involved this time. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

I'd be surprised in this case, if he does he'll wave his right to 10% of the transfer fee. Be interesting to see if he plays tonight, and if he does just how committed he is.

If Celtic give him a bumper signing on fee and he gets his "dream move" can't see him being that unhappy. 

jacklivi1874

Maybe no offers from down south for the mutant

Maybe the Mutant wants to go to Celtic and not down south where there has been decent offers

For me Hibs dont have any ace cards at all and will have to pick up the crumbs at the bun fight

I wonder what celtic offered hopefully it was derisory 

Just now, Rudy T said:

A straight up £2m bid. Not sure players are involved this time. 

Sound.  Celtic chap at work told me that. (Yes, he's a prick)

The loan player I heard hibs were potentially getting was mikey Johnston. However, he’s supposedly been really good pre-season and Celtic having second thoughts. He’s going to be a player I think.

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

If Celtic give him a bumper signing on fee and he gets his "dream move" can't see him being that unhappy. 

Don't think they can if he's requested a transfer. Which is why he'll sit tight until a bid is accepted or he gets a move or pre contract in January.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Don't think they can if he's requested a transfer. Which is why he'll sit tight until a bid is accepted or he gets a move or pre contract in January.

Thanks, never realised that. 

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Sound.  Celtic chap at work told me that. (Yes, he's a prick)

Scott Allan is on £9k a week at Celtic, they want to sell him apparently but Hibs want a loan deal. If he goes to Hibs Celtic still pick up half his wage and his value is depreciating as his contract runs low. I can see Hibs having to buy him.

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

For £8m and he had a year left too but I agree, Armstrong is a lot better a player.  McGinn is over rated and wouldn't get in Celtic's side.  

Armstrong only had a year left on his contract too?

Amazing piece of business by Celtic.

Somebody needs to look further into Celtic's dealings with Sunderland.  

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Thanks, never realised that. 

Its my understanding of the rule. I guess it makes sense in that a club could offer players big money to hand in TR to unsettle teams etc but not then buy them...there's a chance I'm wrong but sure this was raised before with a player up here.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Surely they just add it to his weekly wage?

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Surely they just add it to his weekly wage?

Yes indeed they can, however £200K in his tail right now for sitting tight for a couple more weeks...I know what I'd be doing.

Heartsofgold
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

The loan player I heard hibs were potentially getting was mikey Johnston. However, he’s supposedly been really good pre-season and Celtic having second thoughts. He’s going to be a player I think.

Scored a screamer for the Scotland U21's at the Toulon tournament.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Scored a screamer for the Scotland U21's at the Toulon tournament.

Yeah, pretty sure he was trained with us for a long time before choosing Celtic. Watched him a few times. 

This will get very interesting. Can’t imagine any other outcome than either a transfer request (which would be just brilliant as the vermin would be besides themselves), a falling out with their big sisters (this harming the trousers down love making with loan players), and the very tasty possibility of Mcginn signing a pre contract in January thus giving the seagull loving vermin the total cash amounting to SFA

popcorn time me thinks

23 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Maybe so, but it would be included as a signing on fee

Dalstonjambo
30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I thought it was slightly different to that. My understanding was that players nowadays had a 'loyalty bonus' in their contracts on a lot of occasions. They get paid this upon being sold, but only if they don't hand in a transfer request. 

Maybe it's more down south, but it's why you hardly ever see big name players handing in transfer requests. As if they don't demand to go they will still get that fee.

I might be completely wrong though!

4 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I thought it was slightly different to that. My understanding was that players nowadays had a 'loyalty bonus' in their contracts on a lot of occasions. They get paid this upon being sold, but only if they don't hand in a transfer request. 

Maybe it's more down south, but it's why you hardly ever see big name players handing in transfer requests. As if they don't demand to go they will still get that fee.

I might be completely wrong though!

Could be? All I know is its not beneficial to him personally if he hands in a TR. But I guess if its his dream move he may just go down that route and as pointed out Celtic will compensate him through increased salary etc.

Ideal scenario here is he signs a PCA in January leaving Hibs and St Mirren penniless and Lennon and Stubbs raging. 

Jamborossco

With the second bid rejected, it won’t be long before Celtic moan about being “held to ransom”.

But personally I don’t think Mcginn is worth what Celtic are bidding anyway.

Famous 1874
8 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Ideal scenario here is he signs a PCA in January leaving Hibs and St Mirren penniless and Lennon and Stubbs raging. 

Lennon would probably walk if that happened

chester copperpot
On 10/07/2018 at 14:02, Rudy T said:

Suddenly taking a liking to this guy!

Thing is Petrie isn't really a pivotal figure at Hibs in regards to transfers, its Haley Cropper that deals with that now. Maybe gift wrapping them their prize asset for a 3rd of his managers valuation may help smooth things over tho.

Hayley Cropper haha beauty 

Job done by Celtic. Hibs now sitting with a disgruntled player.  The can huff and puff all they like but no way will they get anything like what they think he's worth. McGinns agent will be telling him to sit it out till January.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Lewis Morgan and/or Charlie Christie on loan.

How has this managed to slip under the radar? :lol: 

Say What Again
40 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

73TI.gif

Celtic spending more on lights than buying Hibs greatest ever player....

From the DR:

"Hoops chiefs are spending £2.3m on a spectacular entertainment system similar to those used in Ajax’s Amsterdam ArenA and Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena to create a spectacular backdrop to major matches."

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Celtic spending more on lights than buying Hibs greatest ever player....

From the DR:

"Hoops chiefs are spending £2.3m on a spectacular entertainment system similar to those used in Ajax’s Amsterdam ArenA and Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena to create a spectacular backdrop to major matches."

Can't help but think that Celtic are taking their eye off the ball a bit, they've barely strengthened in about two years

Interesting to see if Hibs cup tie him for Europe when they play. Although I'm not sure what the rules are for qualifiers and different tournament too...maybe you are then allowed to play for a different team?

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

How has this managed to slip under the radar? :lol: 

Ha.

:look: 

Meant Ryan!

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Interesting to see if Hibs cup tie him for Europe when they play. Although I'm not sure what the rules are for qualifiers and different tournament too...maybe you are then allowed to play for a different team?

You can play in the Europa qualifiers for one team and then for a different team in the Champions League from the group stages onwards and vice versa.

Basically, you can't play in qualifiers for more than one team in the same season, or play from the group stage onwards for more than one team in the same season, but you can play for one team in the qualifying rounds and then for another team once the group stages begin.

If he plays for the Hobos in the Europa qualifiers, he could still play for the Tims should they qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

2 minutes ago, Barb said:

You can play in the Europa qualifiers for one team and then for a different team in the Champions League from the group stages onwards and vice versa.

Basically, you can't play in qualifiers for more than one team in the same season, or play from the group stage onwards for more than one team in the same season, but you can play for one team in the qualifying rounds and then for another team once the group stages begin.

If he plays for the Hobos in the Europa qualifiers, he could still play for the Tims should they qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

And the group stages of Europa League which is hopefully where Celtic will be at best. 

15 minutes ago, Barb said:

Cheers for the explanation, thought there may be something like that.

As much as I don’t rate mcGinn and honestly don’t think he will improve Celtic if Celtic want him then why don’t they just give hibs want they want? 

Look at the money they have took in on players and if this was one of their players they would be moaning about it 

If they want him then pay what hibs want the tight sods 

In saying all that I hope they don’t pay and the Celtic- hibs Love in hits the buffers 

Seen a few comments on social media and quite a few Hibs fans seem to think Armstrong isn’t half as good as McGinn :lol: 

They still believe they can get at least 4M because Celtic managed to get 7M for Armstrong and both players had a year left on their contract.

deluded arseholes.

18 minutes ago, theshed said:

As much as I don’t rate mcGinn and honestly don’t think he will improve Celtic if Celtic want him then why don’t they just give hibs want they want? 

Look at the money they have took in on players and if this was one of their players they would be moaning about it 

If they want him then pay what hibs want the tight sods 

In saying all that I hope they don’t pay and the Celtic- hibs Love in hits the buffers 

Why should they? he's available for feck all in 6 months. Also a disillutioned John McGinn significantly weakens one of the few teams that gave them a game last year...Job done!

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Why should they? he's available for feck all in 6 months. Also a disillutioned John McGinn significantly weakens one of the few teams that gave them a game last year...Job done!

I agree with what you’re saying regards unsettlingly McGinn ect and I’m happy with that but for years now rangers and Celtic never want to pay the going rate for a player and if it was a hearts player I’d be pissed off with the way they are going about things but as I’ve said they have been doing it for years 

10 minutes ago, theshed said:

I agree with what you’re saying regards unsettlingly McGinn ect and I’m happy with that but for years now rangers and Celtic never want to pay the going rate for a player and if it was a hearts player I’d be pissed off with the way they are going about things but as I’ve said they have been doing it for years 

You’re both right!!!

I hope he gets crocked tomorrow misses the rest of the season then leaves for nowt shafting them and St Liedown in the process. 

FTH

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think Hibs will regret accepting 2m now that Celtic have walked away from negotiations. 

Walked away?

...a bit disco

Seems like Celtic are now prepared to play a 'waiting game' according to reports, and Banjo Boy is 'unsettled' says Lennon.

:rofl:

Edited by ...a bit disco