• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will go for an undisclosed fee I bet because by the time St midden and McGinn get there cut Hobos will be too embarrassed to announce what they were left with

16 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How much does Tom farmer take from transfers? 

Is it not 50% ?

So.....

Whatever Celtic decide to give them....less McGinns 10%.....less St Mirrens cut.....less Tom Farmers cut......

Hibs will be left with enough to buy.....well....not a lot tbh.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Is it not 50% ?

So.....

Whatever Celtic decide to give them....less McGinns 10%.....less St Mirrens cut.....less Tom Farmers cut......

Hibs will be left with enough to buy.....well....not a lot tbh.

7% 

:lol:

I hope its true, If celtic paid £2m they have lost their superstar midfield for a grand total of 140k. I recon he will be at hibs until January and go for a nominal fee or sign a pre contract. 

Probably already been said but Celtic will pay a low fee and Chuck Scott Allan as a sweetener

33 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Farmer gets nothing. 

Correct. 

He gets his £41,667pm for 10 years with around 6 or 7 years to go. 

sairyinthat

They better hope if he is not transferred this window he doesn't down tools,and that scenario is looking very likely to me.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

They better hope if he is not transferred this window he doesn't down tools,and that scenario is looking very likely to me.

They're looking to play him against the Faroese team in their Europa qualifier, which will devalue him somewhat you would reckon.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Can see it panning out that way, apparently they want Celtic to double their offer and that's just not going to happen imo

pre-contract in January leaving hibs with nowt is a likely scenario if they keep pushing this inflated fee

carnockjambo

It’s the bank that gets a % of any transfer deals. Hearing strong rumours all is not Well at ER with Lennon/Petrie/Dempster not talking all regards to McGinn transfer to Tic. Lennon been told no funds for team even if McGinn goes as money needed elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

It’s the bank that gets a % of any transfer deals. Hearing strong rumours all is not Well at ER with Lennon/Petrie/Dempster not talking all regards to McGinn transfer to Tic. Lennon been told no funds for team even if McGinn goes as money needed elsewhere. 

Thought he was promised the largest "budget" in their history? Or words to that affect?

21 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

They're looking to play him against the Faroese team in their Europa qualifier, which will devalue him somewhat you would reckon.

I don't think you can be cup tied on Europe now...if thats what you mean. Be massively devalued if he gets injured tho!

11 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

I don't think that's the case. However Lennon has been noticeably absent since the end of the season in the press.

11 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

Farmer bought the debt of the bank, that's why he takes about £500k a year.  

Hope McGinn gets injured for 6 months when they get emptied off the fisherman. 

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, carnockjambo said:

Hearing from where? 

Seems far fetched to me.

Just now, Rudy T said:

I don't think that's the case. However Lennon has been noticeably absent since the end of the season in the press.

He's not going to rip into his beloved Celtic for offered £3.5m less than he values McGinn at (aye right)  think of the Celtic functions?  Will someone please....

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don't think you can be cup tied on Europe now...if thats what you mean. Be massively devalued if he gets injured tho!

Ah, thanks.

So a MOTM performance against NSI Runavik could potentially add a milllon or 2 onto his value then?

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Hearing from where? 

Seems far fetched to me.

It's plausible you could get the information off their assistant manager for a bottle of White Lightning, cup of tomato soup from Greggs and a new homeless blanket.  

12 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He's not going to rip into his beloved Celtic for offered £3.5m less than he values McGinn at (aye right)  think of the Celtic functions?  Will someone please....

He also wants half their reserve team so actually quite a generous offer from their pals all things considered.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He also wants half their reserve team so actually quite a generous offer from their pals all things considered.

True. After Petrie and Lawwell falling out Lennon will have to watch his words very carefully. 

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

True. After Petrie and Lawwell falling out Lennon will have to watch his words very carefully. 

Is that public knowledge, this fall out?

jacklivi1874
15 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

It's plausible you could get the information off their assistant manager for a bottle of White Lightning, cup of tomato soup from Greggs and a new homeless blanket.  

Wherever the info's coming would it not be easier to mention just  that, for me it adds more substance to the post or thread 

I may add what did the Tash and Lawwell fall out about ??

3 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Wherever the info's coming would it not be easier to mention just  that, for me it adds more substance to the post or thread 

I may add what did the Tash and Lawwell fall out about ??

SFA power.  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lawwell-slams-sfas-old-guard-0v6dqdb9k

3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Suddenly taking a liking to this guy!

Thing is Petrie isn't really a pivotal figure at Hibs in regards to transfers, its Haley Cropper that deals with that now. Maybe gift wrapping them their prize asset for a 3rd of his managers valuation may help smooth things over tho.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Suddenly taking a liking to this guy!

Thing is Petrie isn't really a pivotal figure at Hibs in regards to transfers, its Haley Cropper that deals with that now. Maybe gift wrapping them their prize asset for a 3rd of his managers valuation may help smooth things over tho.

:lol: 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. It's well seeing who wears the trousers in that relationship.. 

Which one... Cropper and Petrie or Hoops and Mini Hoops?

oh ah grantona
1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

Farmer bought the debt of the bank, that's why he takes about £500k a year.  

Hope McGinn gets injured for 6 months when they get emptied off the fisherman. 

I think part of that deal was the bank takes a percentage of all transfer money recieved. Im sure i seen at time but could be me just guessing

great deal for Hibs if you never sell a player!!

With St Midden getting 33% and possibly the bank % then you can see why the price is so high (Ball is in Celtic & McGinn hand) Can celtic survive 6 month to a season without him absoultly can Mcginn stick anoter season at Hibs of course he can. Cant see Celtic budging on valuation which is very fair for a guy out of contract in a year and would move to you for free anyway

5 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

I think part of that deal was the bank takes a percentage of all transfer money recieved. Im sure i seen at time but could be me just guessing

With St Midden getting 33% and possibly the bank % then you can see why the price is so high (Ball is in Celtic & McGinn hand) Can celtic survive 6 month to a season without him absoultly can Mcginn stick anoter season at Hibs of course he can. Cant see Celtic budging on valuation which is very fair for a guy out of contract in a year and would move to you for free anyway

Farmer negotiated a deal with the bank and they wrote off Hibs mortgage debt of around £6.9M IIRC.

At the time they owed Farmer circa £2M in soft loans.

After his deal with the bank, Hibs then owed Farmer £5M secured and payable over 10 years at £41,667pm.

The HSL charade was set up to help pay this.

Edited by Rudolf

15 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

I've actually no idea I just mind the deal with the bank robbing the tax payer of millions. 

oh ah grantona
12 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Farmer negotiated a deal with the bank and they wrote off Hibs mortgage debt of around £6.9M IIRC.

At the time they owed Farmer circa £2M in soft loans.

After his deal with the bank, Hibs then owed Farmer £5M secured and payable over 10 years at £41,667pm.

The HSL charade was set up to help pay this.

Cant see a Bank writing off £3.9M for £3m up front mind you it was the Bank of Scotland.

Was the 6.9 the outstanding debt or was interest included in that as id imagine interest on £3m mortgagae would be a hefty amount

Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, oh ah grantona said:

Cant see a Bank writing off £3.9M for £3m up front mind you it was the Bank of Scotland.

Was the 6.9 the outstanding debt or was interest included in that as id imagine interest on £3m mortgagae would be a hefty amount

To be fair that's quite common on what is deemed to be 'bad debt', ie debt they think they'll never see back.

Bank of Scotland also were willing to take a haircut on some debts to get out of certain industries after Halifax merger, Scottish football was one.

Regarding the percentage of transfer fees, it rings a bill, but it may have been Dundee Utd who did a similar deal around the same time? I remember that being reported.

By the light
5 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

There’s probably other interests that Farmer has with the bank that will continue to see the bank make money from them.

They’ll have looked at the bigger picture and calculated it all.

1 hour ago, carnockjambo said:

It’s the bank that gets a % of any transfer deals.

Absolute pish.

Edited by hughesie27

1 hour ago, carnockjambo said:

Hibs talk a good game and Lennon will be finding out about now that that is all they can do.

Still a wee team. Always will be a wee team.

They've gotten a little bit above their station since winning the cup but once you reach the top of the mountain there is only one way you can go from there.

oh ah grantona
5 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

To be fair that's quite common on what is deemed to be 'bad debt', ie debt they think they'll never see back.

Bank of Scotland also were willing to take a haircut on some debts to get out of certain industries after Halifax merger, Scottish football was one.

Regarding the percentage of transfer fees, it rings a bill, but it may have been Dundee Utd who did a similar deal around the same time? I remember that being reported.

Yep im sure Dundee United & Aberdeen maybe done it

They were all at same time as you say bank wanted away so maybe im just assuming all done same deal

10 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Not sure what the original debt was but Farmer is owed £5m by HIbs which they pay back at £500K per year. The the share ownership will never give them control of the club that remains with Farmer and Petrie which is why Kane and co....started the whole Ponzi scheme claims. I'm certain there was something about transfer fees but not sure what it was.

So a 2nd bid rejected by Hibs from Celtic. This is getting interesting, Celtic may just walk away, take him for free in January and when biscuit mouth goes back for a wee loan he'll get told to bolt. 

jacklivi1874

Maybe the players hibs are demanding from celtic as part of this apparent mega deal   just dont want to go ER and Hibs are toiling save face, in what could turn out to be an embarrassment for them, here's hoping 

10 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Maybe the players hibs are demanding from celtic as part of this apparent mega deal   just dont want to go ER and Hibs are toiling save face, in what could turn out to be an embarrassment for them, here's hoping 

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Lewis Morgan and/or Charlie Christie on loan.

Edited by Gershwin

jacklivi1874
Just now, Gershwin said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Lewis Morgan and/or Charlie Christie on loan.

Possibly, the Hobos  IMO will have a sense of entitlement and start demanding players/cash  knowing they really are onto plumbs which i find a tad amusing