"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

30 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I told you all of this 6 months ago. Don't like pestering my mate about shit that doesn't concern Hearts however I am dying to know how much and who is going to Hibs with a chunk of cash. 

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Griffiths back at them but that is me totally guessing at this point. 

They couldn’t afford Griffiths wages and he’d be wanted by a few English championship teams I’d imagine.

no chance he’d end up back at that shithole 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is he the one with the large bottom or he is the one who's scared of the dentist?

Hilarious that the webbed feet welts are raging at their big sisters derisory offer. To think how much help they got from the erse cheek in their championship year you’d think they’d be giving banjo boy on a platter.

on an even more pleasing note it’s fantastic to see they’re losing their core midfield with Dylan away too

no chance they are repeating next seasons 4th place . 

FTH - their rightful place is on its way. Well below us and bottom six

Edited by 1971fozzy

On 26/06/2018 at 18:50, Chaps said:

Can’t have a John McGinn thread without.....

211F82A9-BBDD-4EFB-8601-F2808A7634F5.gif

Just keeping getting better everytime I watch it

:scenes:  :sweeet: 

I honestly feel the same about Cochrane as I did about Skacel.

X factor plus.  Scoring that goal against Celtic then taking the pish out of  Brown,  all as a 16 year old.

Wow doesn't begin to cover it.  Fantasy stuff.

Honestly don’t see the point in Celtic signing him

If they want to do something in Europe then he isn’t the answer

Will be like most of the Scottish players Celtic sign and loaned out after a year 

Serious question.  If we had a choice of Cochrane or McGinn, how many would choose McGinn?

If the same option applied to the cabbages would they choose McGinn?

Celtic will have so looked to his agent to gauge the interest... a bid of 1.5m tells you all you need to know about how many teams want him....1 Celtic and they'll get him for virtually nothing... 1.5m fee (33% going to St Mirren) and getting two players off their wage bill they don't want.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Serious question.  If we had a choice of Cochrane or McGinn, how many would choose McGinn?

I'd take Cochrane over McGinn, but purely because I am biased as he's at Hearts.

If Cochrane was at, for example, Aberdeen, and you asked which one I would take.....I'd have to admit that I'd go for Big Arse McGinn

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I prefer hammer throwers with little to no talent tbf.

manaliveits105

Quick Leeeeeane come up wi a positive spin on us loosin banjo ta our  big  cuzins fur a Sir Tom instalment and the sixty minute messi 

Finlay James
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Harry has made McGinn look very ordinary each time he plays against him.  I'd take Harry over him every day of the week, he is a proper footballer and he will only get better whereas I'm yet to work out what purpose McGinn actually serves.

its a no brainer for me.

Geoff the Mince

If they lost both McGinn and McGeough that would cripple thier midfield 

Scott Allan only plays when he has other good players around him ,

Lennn will be in a continuous rage all next season .

HamishMcGonagall
6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Celtic will have so looked to his agent to gauge the interest... a bid of 1.5m tells you all you need to know about how many teams want him....1 Celtic and they'll get him for virtually nothing... 1.5m fee (33% going to St Mirren) and getting two players off their wage bill they don't want.

I might be wrong but I thought the 33% to St. Mirren part of any future move from Hibs expired last summer and now Hibs get to keep the full transfer fee themselves?

(doubting myself as I type that though)

i wish jj was my dad

Celtic won't be happy getting a knockback from their bitches.

None of this shite matters a bit to us. It is all hibs. They'll either get paid or not and St Mirren will benefit or not and Celtic will get a fat arse or not.

There is one thing that will matter to us going forward though. Where it leaves hibs as a team. 

They have signed a good striker. He proved that last season unless it was merely a purple patch. Sammon looked brilliant for a while at Patrick. 8 in 8 was it? So we shall see.

Here's the million dollar question. 

Is Mallan going to be the man to replace McGinn and/or McGeouch? He is the number 1 target. 

Interested to know how it works with the sell on clause to st Mirren if players are thrown into the deal. Do the players get a nominal value to inflate the fee due to the saints?

gorgie greens 09:56 PM Yesterday 
Heard premiership teams sniffing so if thats the case i would knock it back as well,Celtic just got £7million for a lesser player in Armstrong so show us your money and were not talking about loose change

hfc rd 10:09 PM Yesterday 
I really hope the English clubs start entering and start a bidding war.

yekimevol 11:05 PM Yesterday 
St Mirren get a third of any deal so I would be looking to get 3 million, a sell on clause and then a player ... might go Christie over Allan then look to buy Allan for 200K with the funds we would get.
Gibby the Hibby 11:13 PM Yesterday
7million for armstrong,

and they bid 1.5 for mcginn. both at same stage of contract.
one playing for scotland the other a sub fir celtic and scotland,

hmm

andyscott82
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:
Heard premiership teams sniffing so if thats the case i would knock it back as well,Celtic just got £7million for a lesser player in Armstrong so show us your money and were not talking about loose change

St Mirren get a third of any deal so I would be looking to get 3 million, a sell on clause and then a player ... might go Christie over Allan then look to buy Allan for 200K with the funds we would get.
7million for armstrong,

hmm

Hobonomics at it's finest right there ?

There is another factor in this, I’d imagine McGinn will want to go to Celtic. He can say sell me to Celtic for £1.5M or I’ll just wait my contract out.

Drumelzier
2 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

100% agree.

42 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

7million for armstrong,

hmm

3 million,sell on clause AND a player for a guy who’s got a year left on his contract?

:rofl:

52 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

7million for armstrong,

hmm

Premiership teams.....must be the Ryman's Premiership! 

The Armstrong v McGinn comparison is hilarious!

As for picking the players....aye sure you just bash on and pick whoever you want...its like fantasy football.

David McCaig
39 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

He’s a year left on his contract. Not worth more than £1.5 million in my opinion.

A quick reality check shows that Dylan McGeoch, a far superior player to McGinn, and a player available on a free transfer has just gone to League 1!!

It would appear that there is no bidding war and Celtic are the only show in town.

I'm also assuming that if McGinn plays Europa League for Hibs, he is cup-tied for Celtic in Europe this season?  In which case Celtic may play the long game and just let his contract run down.

In the meanwhile Hibs will have a desperately unhappy player on 2k a week knowing that his club have kyboshed a deal which would earn him  £20k per week instead.

Lennon appears to be sleep walking through pre-season at present and any replacements for McGinn/McGeoch are already going to have missed a significant portion of training.

In my opinion by doing his business early, Levein now has our squad looking in a far stronger position than Hibs.

The one player who will hopefully arrive later is Demi Mitchell.. Although missing the Betfred Cup to spend pre-season with the Man Utd first team is hardly a negative.

20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The Armstrong v McGinn comparison is hilarious!

It is indeed. Armstrong is a far, far better player. McGinn’s a big-arsed Scott Brown without the talent. 

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

There is another factor in this, I’d imagine McGinn will want to go to Celtic. He can say sell me to Celtic for £1.5M or I’ll just wait my contract out.

That's my take as well, would explain why Celtic didn't bid more.  If they know McGinn isn't going anywhere else, then it doesn't matter if an English club offers double, Hibs risk losing the player for nothing in a year.  So Hibs will either have to accept the best offer that Celtic are willing to make to get him now, or get 1 more year out of him and let him go for nowt.

27 minutes ago, Zico said:

It is indeed. Armstrong is a far, far better player. McGinn’s a big-arsed Scott Brown without the talent. 

A big-arsed Scott Brown then

45 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's my take as well, would explain why Celtic didn't bid more.  If they know McGinn isn't going anywhere else, then it doesn't matter if an English club offers double, Hibs risk losing the player for nothing in a year.  So Hibs will either have to accept the best offer that Celtic are willing to make to get him now, or get 1 more year out of him and let him go for nowt.

It's got Jamie Walker written all over it...let the fun begin!

indianajones

Strange signing for celtic. Would be a squad player at best and I think he will be shipped by them in a few years. 

Ala Johnny Hayes. 

Had a quick look at his career stats. From Wiki so not sure how accurate it is.

20 goals in 230 games.

5M for that.

:cornette: 

He’s got more bookings than goals.

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is he the one with the large bottom or he is the one who's scared of the dentist?

Pretty sure he’s both

Just been told there's actually no money changing hands here. Celtic are lobbing in two players Allan and Haynes. The 1.5 million value has been agreed to compensate St Mirren...so basically Hibs are getting two players, Celtic a squad player and St Mirren about 500K... only one winner in that deal and they don't play in Green!

Edited by Rudy T

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

As much as what you say wouldn't exactly displease me, my preference is that we improve, as opposed to they just get worse.

Take it either way, mind.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He's a really good player.

Nah, decent but definitely not really good. No doubt he'll be groomed :oohmatron: for the Browny role at darkheid should he go there. And no doubt with the assistance of our referees he'll thrive in Scotland just as Browny has. But, as soon as he is playing in the CL he'll be found out just as Browny was and is! 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

As much as what you say wouldn't exactly displease me, my preference is that we improve, as opposed to they just get worse.

Take it either way, mind.

A combination of both would do nicely. 

Gene Parmesan
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nah, decent but definitely not really good. No doubt he'll be groomed :oohmatron: for the Browny role at darkheid should he go there. And no doubt with the assistance of our referees he'll thrive in Scotland just as Browny has. But, as soon as he is playing in the CL he'll be found out just as Browny was and is! 

Brown was similar when he moved to Celtic - very good but with room to improve. Brown has also had some excellent performances in the CL so that's a bit selective.

McGinn won't be a carbon copy but he could end up being a formidable replacement for Brown in his own way.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Brown was similar when he moved to Celtic - very good but with room to improve. Brown has also had some excellent performances in the CL so that's a bit selective.

McGinn won't be a carbon copy but he could end up being a formidable replacement for Brown in his own way.

It was more the point that he's allowed to dominate here by referees and in the CL he's not. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

McGinn got 17 yellow cards last season - 17 FFS!!

Edited by Thomaso

sairyinthat

He's half decent no more and will be moving to Celtic only.The only other team that could bid for him in Scotland won't as they remember the skulduggery used on them with Allen.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

McGinn got 17 yellow cards last season - 17 FFS!!

If he goes west to the hooped demons how many do you think he'll get?

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Had a quick look at his career stats. From Wiki so not sure how accurate it is.

20 goals in 230 games.

5M for that.

:cornette: 

He’s got more bookings than goals.

:rofl:

That is a truly terrible return on goals for supposedly the best midfielder in Scotland.

:awful: