"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

PsychocAndy

I hope he signs a pre contract with, say Sunderland. That way H1b5 lose out, Celtic lose out and St. Mirren lose out. The only way that could be bettered is if he signs a pre contract with Sevco, they sign other players to play along side him and he breaks the pre contract and signs for a Sunderland type team.

Who would play £3 million for a player who is consistently bettered by a 16/17 year old in derby games.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The hobo is wrong. Celtic aren't paying 2.3m for McGinn and giving them Scott Allan. They simply don't have too. Celtic hold all the aces, they have a player Hibs want and McGinn has a year left. Celtic can keep Allan and loan him elsewhere and sign McGinn for free in January and Hibs get nada.. no player and no fee. It's likely to happen the McGinn / Allan swap but that's likely to be what it is a swap deal.

Lawwell and Petrie have fallen out recently so it would be actually quite funny if they did this.  

Celtic will have to buy though, otherwise hibs will sell down South and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Derby link now is a push for Celtic to get a move on. 

Walter Burns

Has any team actually put a bid in for him.....think they are stretching it a bit by saying he's worth £3M when they've been trying to punt him for 3 windows and not 1 official bid.....

1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

Lawwell and Petrie have fallen out recently so it would be actually quite funny if they did this.  

Celtic will have to buy though, otherwise hibs will sell down South and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Derby link now is a push for Celtic to get a move on. 

Thing is just how bothered are Celtic do they want him or more of a case of take him as a squad player if the price is right. As we know if McGinn wants to go there he'll end up there one way or another and Hibs can do feck all about it and in the process potentially scupper a deal for Allan. Celtic as I say hold the cards and Hibs have to play by Celtics rules here.

7 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Allan - definite possibility.

Griffiths - highly doubt it, he could easily do a job in the EPL.

Biton - Celtic would be getting the raw deal, Biton is twice the player McGinn is.

Griffiths couldn't hack it in the 3rd tier of English football before.

No sure fire certainty to do a job in any English league.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Defo. Been talk of Allan and Griffiths or Biton

If that happens hibs will come out laughing, although Griffiths will likely be a loan. 

1 hour ago, benny said:

No sure fire certainty to do a job in any English league.

That’s a bit like saying Robbo or McCoist couldn’t do a job after not hacking it.  Griffiths like both them could play Championship football no bother.  There’s no danger he will be back at hibs in the next five years. 

Albert McFly

Would be very surprised if Celtic signed him considering he's supposed to be an attacking midfield and not a very effective one looking at his stats, they have 4/5 much better players of that style at the moment.

Unless of course they have a plan to convert him to replace someone 

3 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

That assumes McGinn wants to go down South.  I believe he is a big Celtic fan, and if he has hearts set on joining them, he can dig his heels in and refuse to go anywhere else.  Hibs would face the prospect of losing him for nothing next summer, unless they are prepared to lower their expectations to let him move to Celtic in the current window.

been here before
10 hours ago, wigwam123 said:

Firstly, I don't believe ANYONE will pay £3 million for a player in the final year of his contract...

10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

No danger will he go for anywhere near £3m.

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don't see a 3m pound player

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Won't be £3m though.

4 hours ago, PsychocAndy said:

Who would play £3 million for a player who is consistently bettered by a 16/17 year old in derby games.

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

£3m will include his wages too. 

Sorry gents but you're really undervaluing McGinn here. To quote popcorn teeth...  “He has a price. I think in this day and age £5m would cover it. I value him very highly as we all do here, and we won’t sell ourselves short if the bids come in for him".

5 million   :rofl:

Deluded Knobber speaks.

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The only people who would be interested in this inbred mutant are the Chernobyl research committee.

You may well be right.  Doesn't he have an abnormally large bottom?

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Sorry gents but you're really undervaluing McGinn here. To quote popcorn teeth...  “He has a price. I think in this day and age £5m would cover it. I value him very highly as we all do here, and we won’t sell ourselves short if the bids come in for him".

5 million   :rofl:

Deluded Knobber speaks.

Five million pounds?

AE806BCB-86F4-4FB0-8E2F-422C770B74AB.gif

1DF8F217-B7C7-4BC2-AE55-57CF6D4B2561.gif

By the light

Sticks arse out. Either falls over and takes the foul or gets a yard of space and shells it over the first fullback he sees for whippets Barker or Boyle to run on to. Will be found out soon enough 

Am I the only person on here who thinks about Harry's tackle on super John every day?  I know that sounds obsessive and it probably is but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before on a football field.

Mistiming a tackle is one thing but to mistime it by around 10 minutes is just superb.

I suppose thrashing Celtic was my highlight of last season but that was a close second.

He's not going to improve Celtic and i don't think any English club would care enough about him to offer too much for him. Although now that they've sold Armstrong, they might take a punt on him. Hard to imagine that he's the standard of player who will take them up a level in the champions league though.

They could maybe get close to £750k or £1m for him when he's almost out of contract in January but as usual, they're completely delusional if they think they'll sell him for £3m to anyone.

9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The hobo is wrong. Celtic aren't paying 2.3m for McGinn and giving them Scott Allan. They simply don't have too. Celtic hold all the aces, they have a player Hibs want and McGinn has a year left. Celtic can keep Allan and loan him elsewhere and sign McGinn for free in January and Hibs get nada.. no player and no fee. It's likely to happen the McGinn / Allan swap but that's likely to be what it is a swap deal.

They're selling Armstrong for £7m - they aint signing this arse. 

The fact that not a single club has been interested so far, speaks volumes. 

He's utterly shite, and simply uses five a side tactics of sticking his arse into players to make up for the fact he's got the skill and grace of a frenzied Ostrich. 

He'll be at Hibs until his contract expires, before moving to some English League 2 team, before disappearing from the spotlight forever. 

Best way to look at it is ,if he stays will he improve them (probably same level)

If he leaves will they be worse of, who knows but the mad deluded fans will think so 

So they can't. Achieve much out this

Finlay James

Personally, I hope he stays with Hibs as he is gash.  McGeouch is ten times the player McGinn is and is a huge loss to them.

Harry Cochrane and Anthony MacDonald are already better players than both.

Maroonblood22

Absolute fantasy stuff :lol:

Will biscuit erse improve that Celtic team? Not a chance!

Will biscuit erse make a vital contribution to Celtic's chances in the Champions League? Not a chance!

Will anyone pay such stupid fees for said biscuit erse in last year of his contract? Aye you guessed it... not a ****ing chance!

Can’t have a John McGinn thread without.....

211F82A9-BBDD-4EFB-8601-F2808A7634F5.gif

Just keeping getting better everytime I watch it

:scenes:  :sweeet: 

Edited by Chaps

stranraer-jambo
30 minutes ago, Phage said:

I don't believe Celtic are even intetested

I agree. It may be another Scott Allen situation though where they buy him to stop sevco having him,  though I can only see sevco coming in for him on a pre contract. Hypothetical situation I know, I don't think he will go to either.

7 hours ago, jambocub said:

Best way to look at it is ,if he stays will he improve them (probably same level)

If he leaves will they be worse of, who knows but the mad deluded fans will think so 

So they can't. Achieve much out this

I'm not so sure they will be worse of without him if they get money and buy a decent player. If he stays he'll be like so many other players with a year left on a contract, start well get the interested parties making pre contract offers then play like bambi on ice for the rest of the season to make sure there's no injuries (Callum the lunatic Patterson being the exception)

42 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Perfectly timed

Harry Potter
49 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Young lad, derby , big occasion, slight miss timing , :pleased:

TheAntiHibee

Would love if he stays at Hibs just for them to lose him for feck all, Huns pre contract swoop.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

VAR clearly shows that it was a dive. Minimal contact.

sairyinthat
5 minutes ago, Shug73 said:

VAR clearly shows that it was a dive. Minimal contact.

Shocking refereeing McGinn should have been booked for simulation there.

They will be sweating, hold on to him and you get zip at the end of contract, or take a knocked down offer and piss of the fans !

Bazzas right boot

£500k-£750k and Alan either on loan or perm deal is a cert. 

Just a matter of when. 

Bazzas right boot
On 26/06/2018 at 08:33, milky_26 said:

Perfectly timed

Souttar on barker please. 

That was gravy. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

He's a good player but his physique will stop him playing at a high level

i think he would move to Celtic and the fee could be about £1.5 - £2 mil

hibs rate him pretty highly and Lennon would be raging so I don't think they would rush to sell 

mcgeoch. Big miss for them as will be Scott Allan, and Mclaren 

annoyed they got kambieri he's a good striker

21 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Well well looks like I was wrong Celtic have made contact with Hibs 

Celtic may buy him and if so it will be to weaken Hibs as they were a bit of a threat to them last season. If he goes there he will be on the bench getting splinters in his rather large derrier

Brave Hearts

Heard that McGinn just fell over when the victims made the approach for him .................

chester copperpot

I told you all of this 6 months ago. Don't like pestering my mate about shit that doesn't concern Hearts however I am dying to know how much and who is going to Hibs with a chunk of cash. 

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Griffiths back at them but that is me totally guessing at this point. 

Brave Hearts
7 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Celtic may buy him and if so it will be to weaken Hibs as they were a bit of a threat to them last season. If he goes there he will be on the bench getting splinters in his rather large derrier

And will take up a very large amount of space on their bench .........

Famous 1874

Hibs will be finished once he goes. I’d expect a fee of around £2 million and then Allan and perhaps Bitton on loan on top of it. Would not be shocked to see Ryan Christie end up there either. 

fabienleclerq

He'll take the hump if they keep rejecting offers, Allan and £2m will be their top bid I'd imagine. Celtic hold all the cards though, they'll know Hibs need to sell this window and he's a Celtic fan. He's also out of contract and Hibs want Allan.

Famous 1874
12 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

how much % do St Mirren get from any deal?

33% apparently although Hibs fans have been quick to dismiss it. 

1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

33% apparently although Hibs fans have been quick to dismiss it. 

The only thing they don’t dismiss is their sisters. 

On 25/06/2018 at 17:45, benny said:

As much as I detest the guy this simply isn't true. When Wolves started to play him he became their top scorer and Celtic then bought him on the back of that.