"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

6 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Surely there's not a chance in hell of Scott Allan taking a £250k hit on his yearly salary (seeing it cut by around 60%?). I'd imagine that would be getting paid up in full by Celtic, so if he has another 2 years left on his deal, that's another £500k, so I'd guess that's why Celtic aren't going near the £3m mark.

They'd already effectively be coughing up £2.7m plus Scott Allan in that deal above,

Exactly the issue. From both Celtic and Allan. He goes to hibs and loses a fortune. Celtic loan him and pay for McGinn and they're paying way over the odds. And if Hibs don't buy him within a year he's worth nothing to Celtic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jacklivi1874

Doesny really matter what the Hobos get but celtic paying whats being  reported is quite  incredible 

Celtic and hibs would be as well wearing half n half strips. Since Celtic won them the cup for them it’s become the norm for hibs to borrow a few players per season. Lennon is still as Celtic as they come. It’s Even more likely at the moment ,given the fact he’s back at darkheid at drop of a hat. Even when hibs are playing. 

7 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

****ing embarrassing how much sooking up to celtic, hibs do. 

If Hearts every done that to any of the arse cheeks. I would honestly jack it in. 

Embarrassing, sickening, just a mentality I can't relate to. 

Celtic are treating them like a b team. 

:clap: FTHibs

E87B0E48-61A3-44CE-8DF4-78BCB40073EF.jpeg

Fk Hibs

Fk Banjo boy

Fk Celtic

Fk Lennon

Much bigger and better than Hibs in every aspect.  McGinn stays or goes we will still be better next season regardless. 

chester copperpot

The fee is not the issue. 

Lennon wants a couple of players, not one, and needs Celtic to subsidise majorly (if on loan)

The fee is nowhere near 2m btw. That is all I am saying on this. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

As i said before, Hibs should just wear hoops like their Mhank bosses.

So should St Liedoon for that matter. 

The triumvirate of filth.

Aye, but hibs are meant to be one of the bigger clubs in this country, it's like spurs  beibg6 pally with man utd or some sort. 

I find it strange, especially as allot of hibs fans hate the Glasgow two, although like us an element does suck up to an arse cheek, I can't even imagine Budge or Craig contemplating a special relationship with rangers. 

Just read that he's tremendously good pals with Scott Brown.  Was just about to vomit when I realised that at some juncture, the two of them must have had an in depth discussion about how comprehensively Harry Cochrane ripped the absolute pish out of them.

Glorious.

On 17/07/2018 at 14:43, jonnothejambo said:

As i said before, Hibs should just wear hoops like their Mhank bosses.

So should St Liedoon for that matter. 

Want to take a wild guess at the two clubs wanting to take Mikey Johnston on loan from their pimp? Bitches. 

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Want to take a wild guess at the two clubs wanting to take Mikey Johnston on loan from their pimp? Bitches. 

The day Hearts became Smelltics feeder club or relied on favors from that scum is the day I would pack it in 

FTH

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just read that he's tremendously good pals with Scott Brown.  Was just about to vomit when I realised that at some juncture, the two of them must have had an in depth discussion about how comprehensively Harry Cochrane ripped the absolute pish out of them.

Glorious.

Read that also, now Lenny's been in the media telling him to stop talking up the elephant man.

:lenny: 

3fingersreid

Are the rest of the world ready to see these two together in green and grey hoops . This must be the result of inbreeding .

5F64F21C-5E9B-41ED-B565-81F93F177E89.jpeg

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Are the rest of the world ready to see these two together in green and grey hoops . This must be the result of inbreeding .

5F64F21C-5E9B-41ED-B565-81F93F177E89.jpeg

What do these two have in common with Harry Cochrane?

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

They got bossed by him, the wee skinny 16yo :greggy:

Brave Hearts
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

They both fit into Harry’s back pockets

Broonaldo into his right pocket and in his left pocket, the Helicopter Sprinter

Edited by Brave Hearts

If Hibs play him tonight then nothing will happen till January. Celtic will sit tight and sign him on a pre contact then.  McGinn is desperate to sign for Celtic and one way or another that's where he will land up. I hope Lennon and co shoot themselves in the foot with this and screw over St Mirren at the same time. 

Lennon admits in the EEN today that the ONLY "concrete" offer has come from Celtic. So there are no rival bidders for a player in the last year of his contract...really surprising, especially with the paltry fee of £4 million being quoted for such a quality player...

11111.jpg

30 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Lennon admits in the EEN today that the ONLY "concrete" offer has come from Celtic. So there are no rival bidders for a player in the last year of his contract...really surprising, especially with the paltry fee of £4 million being quoted for such a quality player...

11111.jpg

I noticed this also....

Murray’s departure will undoubtedly raise speculation that Australian striker Jamie Maclaren, who is determined to leave his German club Darmstadt despite having two years left on his contract, may return. However, Lennon insisted he wouldn’t comment on players under contract elsewhere. But he did say: “We have four or five options we are trying to pursue and we want to try to get some business done as quickly as possible but a lot will depend on John McGinn’s situation as well in terms of how much money – if any – we have to spend on players going forward.”

So after Hayley Croppers posturing at the end of the season about player budgets, the reality is that was based on selling McGinn. So Celtic now know they need the McGinn cash to buy players, clever stuff from the former Celtic manager there, handing all the power to Celtic!

On 17/07/2018 at 12:32, wigwam123 said:

The talk is he has handed in a transfer request...So, that really leaves Hibs between a rock and a hard place. Keep a player who now publicly wants to leave and can sign a pre-contract in 6 months OR accept the terms Celtic offer. It would appear this bumping up of McGinn's value has backfired a bit because Celtic seem to be the only serious bidders. Without a counter bid, his value is what Celtic are prepared to offer. I love watching them coming back down to earth. No McLaren, No McGeough, No Barker, McGinn off. Enjoy your rebuild Lenny. Leaving it a bit late though.

As an aside, was having this conversation at work regarding this point, it seems whenever Celtic or Rangers for that matter are interested in any Scottish talent, there never seems to be a bidding war, ie we were told six months ago clubs were all over McGinn , where have they gone.

This is not a recent phenomenon either it was the same with McCann Paul Ritchie, Alan McLaren Lee Wallace and David Templeton, lots of talent, but only the old firm showed any interest.

Why when it was obvious all had the potential to play above the old firm

14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I noticed this also....

Murray’s departure will undoubtedly raise speculation that Australian striker Jamie Maclaren, who is determined to leave his German club Darmstadt despite having two years left on his contract, may return. However, Lennon insisted he wouldn’t comment on players under contract elsewhere. But he did say: “We have four or five options we are trying to pursue and we want to try to get some business done as quickly as possible but a lot will depend on John McGinn’s situation as well in terms of how much money – if any – we have to spend on players going forward.”

So after Hayley Croppers posturing at the end of the season about player budgets, the reality is that was based on selling McGinn. So Celtic now know they need the McGinn cash to buy players, clever stuff from the former Celtic manager there, handing all the power to Celtic!

Didn't they spunk cash on the other striker? Any idea of fee?

2 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

I had heard it was roughly £300,000. Very surprised if McLaren comes back without a decent fee. 2 years left at Darmstat and they have said they want to keep him for the following season.

On 17/07/2018 at 14:43, jonnothejambo said:

Poetic ?

Edited by Boof

jacklivi1874

I've thought from the off that Hibs are and always have been at the mercy of Celtic/Mutant  Re of what shit they spout.Why would celtic offer Hibs funny money when they dont have to ??

Lenny's just letting us all know that Hibs wont be bringing anyone of note in re of what pans out as they dont have any real money  even with all those ST sales..FTH 

Edited by jacklivi1874

33 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

According to reports it was £100000 for the lad from Switzerland. The Australian guy........no idea.

16 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

I've thought from the off that Hibs are and always have been at the mercy of Celtic/Mutant  Re of what shit they spout.Why would celtic offer Hibs funny money when they dont have to ??

Lenny's just letting us all know that Hibs wont be bringing anyone of note in re of what pans out as they dont have any real money  even with all those ST sales..FTH 

To be fair to Hibs it is surprising how many student ST holders they have, must be a edumacated bunch.

16 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

To be fair to Hibs it is surprising how many student ST holders they have, must be a edumacated bunch.

Student covers them still trying to get out of p7 and in to high school.

Edited by Gav M

38 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

He's also said McGinn will play tonight. If he does he can't play for Celtic in the CL qualifiers. IMO that devalues McGinn again, Celtic have Rosenborg next up you'd think McGinn would be in that squad. If he can't play Celtic don't need to buy him until the end of the window or sit tight until January.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Celtic would be mad to fork a big fee now when they could get him for a few hundred grand in January 

Celtic Hobs and St Mirren are all tight together so probably a few players being exchanged between them, no need to pay the tax man in splashing cash

John Findlay
12 hours ago, James1874f said:

The day Hearts became Smelltics feeder club or relied on favors from that scum is the day I would pack it in 

FTH

Bobby Prentice, John Colquhoun.

20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He's also said McGinn will play tonight. If he does he can't play for Celtic in the CL qualifiers. IMO that devalues McGinn again, Celtic have Rosenborg next up you'd think McGinn would be in that squad. If he can't play Celtic don't need to buy him until the end of the window or sit tight until January.

It may also indicate how much Celtic actually want the player and how important he is to there plans that they won’t be an extra amount to secure his services now with important and hectic schedule coming up.  If I was the laddie I would sit tight until Jan and PCA it down South. 

McGinn will start as a squad player. Missing a few Champions League qualifiers is no big deal.

Might go after Hibs get knocked out. 

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

It may also indicate how much Celtic actually want the player and how important he is to there plans that they won’t be an extra amount to secure his services now with important and hectic schedule coming up.  If I was the laddie I would sit tight until Jan and PCA it down South. 

i think we already know the answer to that, they'll take him when the price is right. McGinn might well go down south but the way things are panning out there's no bidding war about to happen.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bobby Prentice, John Colquhoun.

So?

2 players in decades hardly constitutes a “feeder club”. 

Could argue we sent Mike Galloway, Tosh McKinley, Stephen Pressley, Paul Hartley and via Sunderland, Craig Gordon to Celtic. We are not a Celtic feeder club. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Midloth_Iain
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

McGinn will start as a squad player. Missing a few Champions League qualifiers is no big deal.

Might go after Hibs get knocked out. 

Will allow Browny to play in the Champs/ Europa, keep fat arse for the lesser league games

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

So?

Could argue we sent Mile Galloway, Tosh McKinley, Stephen Pressley, Paul Hartley and via Sunderland, Craig Gordon to Celtic. We are not a Celtic feeder club. 

Willie Wallace, Andy Lynch. Clubs deal with each other all the time. At the moment it's Hibs and Celtic. Later in time it will be Celtic and someone else.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Willie Wallace, Andy Lynch. Clubs deal with each other all the time. At the moment it's Hibs and Celtic. Later in time it will be Celtic and someone else.

Wasnt having a go. Old firm just boil ma piss. 

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

i think we already know the answer to that, they'll take him when the price is right. McGinn might well go down south but the way things are panning out there's no bidding war about to happen.

True. Shows how much they actually value him though. 

Hibs and Celtic have been in the same bed for years, not sure how people are defending this a s a flash in the pan.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wasnt having a go. Old firm just boil ma piss. 

Np. They boil my piss too.

18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So?

Could argue we sent Mike Galloway, Tosh McKinley, Stephen Pressley, Paul Hartley and via Sunderland, Craig Gordon to Celtic. We are not a Celtic feeder club. 

Thanks Pans Jambo

John as usual misses the point 

Loans rather than sales are a better indication of their close relationship. Who have we loaned from them in the past decade or from Sevco for that matter.

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Loans rather than sales are a better indication of their close relationship. Who have we loaned from them in the past decade or from Sevco for that matter.

It is not even quid pro quo as it is pretty much only Hibs who benefit, just one wee club pathetically getting the begging bowl out to the big bully in the playground to help them out.  Ambrose is class example.  Celtic have their back.

Edited by i8hibsh

...a bit disco
Just now, i8hibsh said:

It is not even quid pro quo as it is pretty much only Hibs who benefit, just one wee club pathetically getting the begging bowl out to the big bully in the playground to help them out.  Ambrose is class example.

'Ambrose' & 'class' in the same sentence?

:lol:

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Glorious.

Film of banjo boy excitedly spotting his bff browny on the other platform!

200w.gif

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is not even quid pro quo as it is pretty much only Hibs who benefit, just one wee club pathetically getting the begging bowl out to the big bully in the playground to help them out.  Ambrose is class example.  Celtic have their back.

I actually think Commons was the when it stooped to its lowest. 3 games when they were starting to look wobbly (again) in the championship. No shame!

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I actually think Commons was the when it stooped to its lowest. 3 games when they were starting to look wobbly (again) in the championship. No shame!

That was low it narrowly beats the 3 way transfer or loans between Murray Bain and Allen. 

I think the point people are making is the loan players Hibs have had from Celtic .

It's doubtful if they would have won the cup without the help of the Celtic loan players imo.