"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

He's a good player but he won't develop at Celtic.

When we took the game to him at Tynecastle, all he could do was stick his arse out and fall over.

At Celtic, he'll get a ridiculous amount of free kicks for this.

He won't need to get better, the refs will book him less (he gets booked a lot!) and give him more free kicks.

Down south the refs will not give him anything and he'll become a better player for it (and for Scotland)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Glottis said:

When we took the game to him at Tynecastle, all he could do was stick his arse out and fall over.

He won't need to get better, the refs will book him less (he gets booked a lot!) and give him more free kicks.

Down south the refs will not give him anything and he'll become a better player for it (and for Scotland)

He needs a good coach. He needs the freedom to play to his strengths which is driving forward not being more defensive. 

And will help to play with better players. His career has stalled a bit at Hibs so this is a crucial move.  

Ron Burgundy

Ideally he'll take a dull one on Thursday, be out injured til January and then sign a pre-contract for the filth then.

I think McGinn is a good player. Underrated by many on here because he plays for Hibs.

But, his best (and most of) his years for them have been in the championship. And I don't think he has really been tested or proven at the highest level yet.

His 'value' of 4 million that Lennon keeps shouting about is so overpriced.

Especially for a player with 1 year left on his contract.

They should accept 1-2 million happily and re-invest while they still have time left in the window

Hibs just might be in trouble with their finances here!

It's pretty obvious that Hibs are desperate to sell him.

Only problem is, nobody wants him because he's probably not quite as good as all the hype would suggest.

He will end up at Darkheid next season.  No point in Celtic buying him now because he is cup tied for Europe. He will sign a pre-contract in January, and do what Scott Allan did.  Warm the bench and then get loaned out somewhere.

Bonus for us is that Hibs will get nothing for him and neither will St Mirren!  Double Whammy!  Oooft!!!

3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I think McGinn is a good player. Underrated by many on here because he plays for Hibs.

But, his best (and most of) his years for them have been in the championship. And I don't think he has really been tested or proven at the highest level yet.

His 'value' of 4 million that Lennon keeps shouting about is so overpriced.

Especially for a player with 1 year left on his contract.

They should accept 1-2 million happily and re-invest while they still have time left in the window

I'd say that's bang on. £4m for a guy with one year left on his deal isn't going to happen. I'd say £2m would be a good outcome. 

He's a good player. I hope he goes to England and kicks on. 

1 minute ago, a11ank said:

Only problem is, nobody wants him because he's probably not quite as good as all the hype would suggest.

He will end up at Darkheid next season.  No point in Celtic buying him now because he is cup tied for Europe. He will sign a pre-contract in January, and do what Scott Allan did.  Warm the bench and then get loaned out somewhere.

Bonus for us is that Hibs will get nothing for him and neither will St Mirren!  Double Whammy!  Oooft!!!

Not Cup tied for group stages 

But if McGinn wants to go to Celtic it will happen this month. 

5 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Hibs finances have taken a huge lift from their Europa league results,  around £750k plus gate money so far.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Indeed.

Personally I think English Clubs marketing departments will kybosh any deal due to his banjo boy looks and fat arse..... 

Add to that he's really not all that good.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Hibs are panicking as they only have 3 1/2 days to sell him to England then they are stuck going back cap in hand to their big cousins

This, NL is pleading for some English club to come with big money for him, full on panic mode !

53 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

500,000 and a facelift and arse tuck would get him ?

When I read that I firstly thought that your predictive text had kicked in..

Midloth_Iain
1 hour ago, daftie said:

In my opinion, this is your typical fan rivalry. Because he plays for them, hes shite. If we had him, we would think he was amazing. 

I think hes a very good player, and much better than some on here want to admit. Hes played for the national team, is Browns natural successor. Brendan Rodgers is a decent manager, so he rates him. There are a lot of people in the game who say hes a good player 

Personally, I cant wait for him to leave Easter Road, because they will really struggle to replace him. 

He will be a very good player - after he leaves E.R. :pleased:

7 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

He's a dick. Playing in team full of dicks, managed by a dick and supported by dicks. Should be renamed Richard.

:greggy:

46 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jesus Christ. I always thought Houston had a funny shaped napper.

It must be causing him to spout shite.

Lennon is literally begging English clubs to bid 4 million because if they don't Hibs will need to suck up to their Mhank gaffers again. 

If they end up with nothing I reckon I will pish masel. 

Love how the media say theres a bidding war for him yet Lennon says only Celtic have bid for him

Just now, JackLadd said:

I notice epl window closes on same day of the Hibs Molde game. Plays a blinder it might trigger late bid flurry. 

Closes at 5pm i think

Jaap's Sigh
26 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

He's a dick. Playing in team full of dicks, managed by a dick and supported by dicks. Should be renamed Richard.

Bloody poetry that is. 

2 hours ago, Bellion said:

I'd say that's bang on. £4m for a guy with one year left on his deal isn't going to happen. I'd say £2m would be a good outcome. 

He's a good player. I hope he goes to England and kicks on. 

I hope he goes to England and gets kicked in 

2 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

1 hour ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Bloody poetry that is. 

It’s a @Son Of Anarchy thing.

He doesnae post for months then comes back with stuff like that 

15A87CB2-9CDA-4BB9-A9AC-0202AB83E6C7.png

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. Total class. 

Surprised at your endorsement tbh Jonno.

Your position as Hibby executioner extraordinaire is on a shoogly peg. :lol:

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, graygo said:

Hibs finances have taken a huge lift from their Europa league results,  around £750k plus gate money so far.

Not saying that isn't correct at all mate but that does seem a lot of cash for 3 early qualifying rounds.

Just goes to show you the money in European competitions as opposed to SPFL money.

1 minute ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Deserves legend status with a post like that. 

For sure,

Jonno is quaking in his stilettos as I type.

4 hours ago, Glottis said:

Very good post. Completely agree.

30 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Not saying that isn't correct at all mate but that does seem a lot of cash for 3 early qualifying rounds.

Just goes to show you the money in European competitions as opposed to SPFL money.

I was surprised too mate, another guaranteed 2.9 million if they get to the group stage. Not that they will.

I should add that it is Euros not Pounds but still decent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League

Edited by graygo

11 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Back with a bang captain ? how's you?

Pretty good Son!

Yourself?

28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Borrowed them from Brenda. I will hand them back on Saturday after we have beasted his cretins at Tynie. 

:clap: 

Ministry MK2

Has anything developed with McGinn? 

Has there actually been any interest from down south?

Despite the media love in for the guy the only team that seem interested in him are Celtic. And even then, they only seem to have a passing interest in obtaining him if they can do it on the cheap.

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jesus Christ. I always thought Houston had a funny shaped napper.

It must be causing him to spout shite.

Lennon is literally begging English clubs to bid 4 million because if they don't Hibs will need to suck up to their Mhank gaffers again. 

If they end up with nothing I reckon I will pish masel. 

At my age I'll probably pish myself anyway but I definately will if super john stays and hibs get diddley.

He is a good player

The fact he plays for Hibs skews opinion on this board but to pretend he does not have talent is just silly

The next few days will see this come to a conclusion some way or another in terms of a move south, if not a move to Celtic or simply staying at Hibs and seeing out his contract.

If there is no move south then Hibs are in a difficult position re a move to Celtic for there will be no alternative move out there for him

He'd be first choice in our side re the midfield positions

chester copperpot
6 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

You need to post more.

Post of the month

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He is a good player

The fact he plays for Hibs skews opinion on this board but to pretend he does not have talent is just silly

The next few days will see this come to a conclusion some way or another in terms of a move south, if not a move to Celtic or simply staying at Hibs and seeing out his contract.

If there is no move south then Hibs are in a difficult position re a move to Celtic for there will be no alternative move out there for him

He'd be first choice in our side re the midfield positions

You are indeed, right.

McGinn is a great player and I honestly think he would improve Celtic if not hold his own.

He is a wee diving fat arsed ugly faced ***** though. So that allows us to be a wee bit biased in that respect.

**** him. 

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You are indeed, right.

McGinn is a great player and I honestly think he would improve Celtic if not hold his own.

He is a wee diving fat arsed ugly faced ***** though. So that allows us to be a wee bit biased in that respect.

**** him. 

I'd like to argue with the last part of your post but in reality it is difficult to dispute such a well written sentance given the thought process that went into it.  :happy:

chester copperpot
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'd like to argue with the last part of your post but in reality it is difficult to dispute such a well written sentance given the thought process that went into it.  :happy:

:thumb:

Lennon’s doing his best to tout him to anyone who will come up with cash. They’re scared he’s off to Celtic for MUCH less than Hibs valued him at. Doesn’t seem to be much interest though. I can see him warming the bench at best at Celtic then, like so many others who’ve made that move, moving to semi obscurity in England.

McGinn will sign for Celtic at new year. Emotionally that's where he wants to go. For the moment he's content to be playing for the Celtic tribute act at ER. Hibs will get no money for him.

manaliveits105

Big problem if he goes to Celtic as a bench warmer they are going to have to buy bigger benches for that  humongous arse 

9 hours ago, graygo said:

I don't think that's how it works. I remember this debate from when we were in Europe last, if you get £150k for first round, then £170k for second round you only actually get £20k for second round. The figure next to  the round it the total, you don't add them up ( I think)

35 minutes ago, Prof said:

McGinn will sign for Celtic at new year. Emotionally that's where he wants to go. For the moment he's content to be playing for the Celtic tribute act at ER. Hibs will get no money for him.

I'll say one thing for chip pan chops....despite the bids he's still giving his all for Hibs, says a lot about his character or he knows he'll get the move so long as he keeps his head up and gives his best for the next few games.  Plenty players would've spat the dummy by now.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Big problem if he goes to Celtic as a bench warmer they are going to have to buy bigger benches for that  humongous arse 

He won't even get on the bench, If he went to celtic he would be similar to Callachan for us.