Hybrid Pitch

kila

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Aye, it takes hours to wheel what's basically a big trolley out onto the grass and stick a plug in a socket!

😉

So that was all the groundsmen had to do was it? 😂

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FarmerTweedy
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So that was all the groundsmen had to do was it? 😂

Well, that and sprinkle some Evergreen Complete on the turf! 😀

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Pitch looks a mess in areas tonight. I thought these pitches are supposed to be more robust. Or is it poor maintenance. 

Post a photo?

10 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Pitch is getting worse and I think it will need replaced end of season.

Replaced we just spent a million feckin quid on it FFS. Sack the groundsman and his team too. 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Looked slidey as ****, but these pitches are supposed to last 20 years.. can only be  poor maintainace

Just said to my mates now. How bad is that supposed 1 million pound pitch. 

Seems a huge waste of money. 

5 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Replaced we just spent a million feckin quid on it FFS. Sack the groundsman and his team too. 

Who is the groundsman? Budge's cousin?

At half time one of the ground staff walked over to the corner of the main stand and Gorgie stand and shook his head in disbelief at the damage done during the warm up . 

Just now, JamboSpur said:

But but but we had a consert on the pitch n won an award 🥇 

Oh that will have absolutely nothing to do with it, no way, definitely not.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Pitch looks a mess in areas tonight. I thought these pitches are supposed to be more robust. Or is it poor maintenance. 

It was the subject of discussion when we got into the ground just before kick off. I was trying to think if something had been held on the park since the last time I was at Tynecastle which had damaged the surface again. I was surprised by the poor condition it was in

Scotland u21 game and two Women's football games since last home game I'm sure. Either two many games or poor maintenance. We have a few home games coming up so feck knows what it will be like come the end of the month. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Scotland u21 game and two Women's football games since last home game I'm sure. Either two many games or poor maintenance. We have a few home games coming up so feck knows what it will be like come the end of the month. 

The women’s team were commenting on how bumpy it is and very difficult to keep your footing on it , spoke to one of the glasgow city coaches and he was disappointed in it as well . It certainly doesn’t look like a £1m pitch . 
Worth someone asking about it at the AGM ? 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

The women’s team were commenting on how bumpy it is and very difficult to keep your footing on it , spoke to one of the glasgow city coaches and he was disappointed in it as well . It certainly doesn’t look like a £1m pitch . 
Worth someone asking about it at the AGM ? 

This time last year it was perfect so why the sudden change in condition. It can only be poor maintenance or a possible parasite disease in the soil. Celtic had this problem last season with their Hybrid surface if I remember correctly. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

This time last year it was perfect so why the sudden change in condition. It can only be poor maintenance or a possible parasite disease in the soil. Celtic had this problem last season with their Hybrid surface if I remember correctly. 

You could well be right about the celtic pitch , compare our pitch to motherwells it’s not great 

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

You could well be right about the celtic pitch , compare our pitch to motherwells it’s not great 

Yes and their pitch isn't Hybrid either. 

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Behave yourself.

3 minutes ago, savage said:

Least of our problems

Wrong it adds to our problems when it very difficult to keep your footing with players slipping all over the shop. Players are poor but this doesn't help. 

5 minutes ago, savage said:

Least of our problems

I get where you are coming from but it should be someone’s problem as it’s not looking like it’s worth £1 never mind £1m

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Your posts are getting worse hobo 

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think there will possibly be more urgent matters to be raised.......

I agree , but surely we can’t just ignore the fact we’ve spent £1m on something that isn’t as it should be ? 

The pitch has always had massive issues with drainage. I grew up watching Neil McCann somehow produce miracles on the wing when both sides of the pitch were a dogshit brown colour and there was bumps and divots all over the place. Probably saw the pitch get replaced at least twice in a season. The turf would be left outside the front gates of Tynecastle High School. No sooner had they replaced the turf the problem would return.  

Edited by CAI

Looks almost as bad as it was last year, don’t understand the need for us to water it constantly either. Meant to be one of the most monitored pitches but can’t see it

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

I agree , but surely we can’t just ignore the fact we’ve spent £1m on something that isn’t as it should be ? 

It certainly does  not look like a million pound state of the art hybrid pitch should do. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, CAI said:

The pitch has always had massive issues with drainage. I grew up watching Neil McCann somehow produce miracles on the wing when both sides of the pitch were a dogshit brown colour and there was bumbs and divots all over the place. Probably saw the pitch get replaced at least twice in a season. The turf would be left outside the front gates of Tynecastle High School. No sooner had they replaced the turf the problem would return.  

we spent nearly £1m fixing the drainage

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

The pitch was fine. It has obviously taken a lot of water but not the issue. 

The pitch was fine was it. So explain why it's cutting up badly. Threadbare thin at the Gorgie Road End and players slipping frequently. I look forward to your reply. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It certainly does  not look like a million pound state of the art hybrid pitch should do. 

Said the exact same thing at the game, looked in very poor condition. 

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The pitch was fine. It has obviously taken a lot of water but not the issue. 

Pitch wasnt fine at all. Bumpy as hell.

Lots of other things to worry about  I know but thought it looked terrible.