Hybrid Pitch

kila

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

The grass has recovered very well, but I suppose  we'll know for sure after Saturday when it's been played on.

However I'm not sure we can afford to sniff at the reported 100k that we earned from the event just for the appearance of the pitch for one game. The pitch didn't effect the result or the game in my opinion.

Where was £100k reported? 🤔

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Hearts should have an open doors period before Saturday to enable all the embarrassed gang to nip in and see the pitch.      We don't want all those wee beetroot faces tripping themselves.

Lets face facts - the only wee beetroot face belonged to Ann when she saw the state of her £1m pitch once the covers came off.....😉

11 minutes ago, kila said:

The seethe from some so called fans over this :laugh:

Seeth?  Who’s seething - I’m just responding to piss take comments.

The Treasurer
42 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Lets face facts - the only wee beetroot face belonged to Ann when she saw the state of her £1m pitch once the covers came off.....😉

Since when did the playing surface at Tynecastle become "her pitch"

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tranent Colts my arse. That's East Mains....recognise the offices ..

Will they be able to keep this contained? 

On 09/05/2018 at 23:02, kila said:

Work already underway

DcyXv4vWkAMnxyG.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.a4403c6d390149a29e9102211a0b6050.jpeg

Picture taken last night.

Ann heard saying “ ah’ll give them a shite pitch ! “ , slamming the door on the way out !

You’re right, Kila, seethe ?

C’mon, guys eh !

been here before
20 minutes ago, Boab said:

Ann heard saying “ ah’ll give them a shite pitch ! “ , slamming the door on the way out !

C’mon, guys eh !

Careful you dont invoke the wrath of CfS "responding to piss take comments" with that.

Might be along the lines of 'talking to a senior member of staff' or some similar slaverings.

Just be prepared thats all Im saying.

Edited by been here before

On 24/08/2019 at 21:27, Fourcandles said:

A few technical points.

The Heat lamps are called Lighting rigs in the trade.

The lighting rigs don't provide heat but light for enhanced photosynthesis and thereby increase both leaf growth and root growth.

The grass species used on the pitch is 3 cultivars of dwarf PRG (Perennial Ryegrass) this is tremendously strong and fast growing and totally different from what you would grow on a golf green or bowling green (Agrostis and fescue species) . Having advised on many pitches i can tell you with strong fertilisation and lighting rig use the pitch will recover incredibly quickly and indeed pretty much already has. The STRI (Sports Turf Research Institute) are consultant agronomists to the club and and therefore the advice will be good.

Its also worth noting that the PRG grass species will grow, with supplementary lighting pretty much for 10 months of the year, this is a huge advance in plant breeding technology ove the past 20 odd years.

In my view having spent my working life involved with sports turf Agronomy i can say there will be no long term problem with the pitch.

These are the posts that should be in a reference index on here. 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Ann currently owns the Club, the stadium, the pitch.....

52 minutes ago, Boab said:

C’mon, guys eh !

Looks like you’re seething there Boab.....😉

33 minutes ago, been here before said:

Careful you dont invoke the wrath of CfS "responding to piss take comments" with that.

Might be along the lines of 'talking to a senior member of staff' or some similar slaverings.

Just be prepared thats all Im saying.

Slavering did you say? 😂

Unknown user
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Since she paid her millions and it became her club. 

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Looks like you’re seething there Boab.....😉

Ha !

No, mate. It’s what’s been played on it that’s a concern !

😉

14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

On here.

On JKB....that will be right then! 😂

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Ha !

No, mate. It’s what’s been played on it that’s a concern !

😉

👍

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ann currently owns the Club, the stadium, the pitch.....

I very much doubt she see's any of those things as being "hers"

15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Have you asked her? 🤔

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

No, have you ?

Don’t have to.

She is the current owner of HMFC - she therefore owns the stadium including the pitch.

4 hours ago, Boab said:

C’mon, guys eh !

:ears:

Perth to Paisley

The grass still looks a different colour under the 5 bazillion lumens lamps.  Hope it's not scorched:-)

The rest of it looks too green for me.

7 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

The grass still looks a different colour under the 5 bazillion lumens lamps.  Hope it's not scorched:-)

Probably painted to fool us all. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Ive been talking to a senior member of staff and that senior member of staff told me that its not really grass.

That senior member of staff that I was talking to told me that the groundsman had told this senior member of staff who I talked to that it was this...

greensand-certified-organic-omri-listed.jpg.0dba462601af149c36890c8f2f265055.jpg

...and that there was actually no grass left on the pitch. Its destroyed forever and wont grow back. Its just mud and green sand. Thats what the groundsman told a senior member of staff and I was talking to that senior member of staff who told me.

Edited by been here before

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ive been talking to a senior member of staff and that senior member of staff told me that its not really grass.

That senior member of staff that I was talking to told me that the groundsman had told this senior member of staff who I talked to that it was this...

greensand-certified-organic-omri-listed.jpg.0dba462601af149c36890c8f2f265055.jpg

...and that there was actually no grass left on the pitch. Its destroyed forever and wont grow back. Its just mud and green sand. Thats what the groundsman told a senior member of staff and I was talking to that senior member of staff who told me.

Is it some Hobo coke or something?

23 minutes ago, been here before said:

😴😴😴

been here before

A few technical points.

The lighting rigs don't provide heat but light for enhanced photosynthesis and thereby increase both leaf growth and root growth.

The grass species used on the pitch is 3 cultivars of dwarf PRG (Perennial Ryegrass) this is tremendously strong and fast growing and totally different from what you would grow on a golf green or bowling green (Agrostis and fescue species) . Having advised on many pitches i can tell you with strong fertilisation and lighting rig use the pitch will recover incredibly quickly and indeed pretty much already has. The STRI (Sports Turf Research Institute) are consultant agronomists to the club and and therefore the advice will be good.

Its also worth noting that the PRG grass species will grow, with supplementary lighting pretty much for 10 months of the year, this is a huge advance in plant breeding technology ove the past 20 odd years.

In my view having spent my working life involved with sports turf Agronomy i can say there will be no long term problem with the pitch.

A bit off topic but whats your thoughts on McCabe Grass?

hoof.hearted
On 16/08/2019 at 11:03, Smith's right boot said:

You'd also know it grows back and goes green, fast. 

Correct. 👍

hoof.hearted
On 15/08/2019 at 20:12, jamboinglasgow said:

Or they knew it would have a discolouring effect but were advised that it would have no effect to how the pitch holds up or plays on, so felt one game with discoloured grass is fine. They just didn't expect how some fans would treat it as the sky falling in.

Agreed. 👍

Bazzas right boot
On 28/08/2019 at 16:51, been here before said:

A few technical points.

Summary of JKB over two posts. 

😂😂😂

Who to believe? 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Who to believe? 

I've never known BHB to be at the wind up before.

So definitely believe his info straight from the horses mouth. 😂

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

Who to believe? 

Ann consulted “experts” before allowing the concert to go ahead so I’d be slightly inclined not to believe someone who claims to be such. 

The grass will never recover and thus the green sand must be true. 

:levein2:

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I've never known BHB to be at the wind up before.

So definitely believe his info straight from the horses mouth. 😂

Straight from the horses something I’d say 

On 28/08/2019 at 13:34, The Treasurer said:

Nevertheless they are indeed hers for the time being 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nevertheless they are indeed hers for the time being 

Technically they don't. They belong to the company in which she is the major shareholder.

5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Any grown men embarrassed today? :lol:

Yes - CRAIG LEVEIN

3 hours ago, kila said:

Looked top notch again

Who'd have thunk the grass would grow back...

Credit to the groundsmen for all the hours they had to put in to get the pitch back in decent condition.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Credit to the groundsmen for all the hours they had to put in to get the pitch back in decent condition.

Or alternatively 3 cheers for Mother Nature . 

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Or alternatively 3 cheers for Mother Nature . 

Not to mention the additional lighting lamps they had to hire in and the hours of overtime.....

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not to mention the additional lighting lamps they had to hire in and the hours of overtime.....

Reliably informed the extra lamps were for a side hustle. 

Pitch is looking great again, but i thought the ball was bouncing really high on its first bounce today, just an observation not a complaint

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Aye, it takes hours to wheel what's basically a big trolley out onto the grass and stick a plug in a socket!

😉