Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Yeah I can read perfectly well thank you. Here’s hoping you stick by your ‘I’m more than happy to let it go ‘ comment...

Likewise!

8 hours ago, ramrod said:

If anyone has the time going back a few pages on this thread is absolute comedy gold .Who would  have thought that grass would grow back as quickly in the highr of summer . It's a miracle, praise the lord . 

Been brilliant since day 1

While never wanting to be too critical of hard working people.

I always understood grounds staff to amongst the grumpiest people. Very protective of the pitch. 

Ann should get that statement out soon. 

Stephen Muddie

I am anxious and a little scared to ask... Where has our fecked up tattie field gone and what's all that Hibs green shit??? HAS BUDGE LOST THE PLOT

12 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I am anxious and a little scared to ask... Where has our fecked up tattie field gone and what's all that Hibs green shit??? HAS BUDGE LOST THE PLOT

No just you

41 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That’s just weird! 🤪

No, its sarcasm.

Pretty much all your derogatory posts deserve these days. 

I've spoken to a "senior staff member" at Hearts myself and as much as we all adore the Glass Facade, the said "senior staff member" was overjoyed you retired. 

Can't think why.

been here before
33 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Yeah I can read perfectly well thank you. Here’s hoping you stick by your ‘I’m more than happy to let it go ‘ comment...

Wont happen, just won't happen.

Edited by been here before

Oh dear had the groundsman been fired!!

Is there a vacancy??

Think the pitch needs loads of sh——t!!

I’m full of it I can do it!!

11 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

No, its sarcasm.

Pretty much all your derogatory posts deserve these days. 

I've spoken to a "senior staff member" at Hearts myself and as much as we all adore the Glass Facade, the said "senior staff member" was overjoyed you retired. 

Can't think why.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....

A few technical points.

The Heat lamps are called Lighting rigs in the trade.

The lighting rigs don't provide heat but light for enhanced photosynthesis and thereby increase both leaf growth and root growth.

The grass species used on the pitch is 3 cultivars of dwarf PRG (Perennial Ryegrass) this is tremendously strong and fast growing and totally different from what you would grow on a golf green or bowling green (Agrostis and fescue species) . Having advised on many pitches i can tell you with strong fertilisation and lighting rig use the pitch will recover incredibly quickly and indeed pretty much already has. The STRI (Sports Turf Research Institute) are consultant agronomists to the club and and therefore the advice will be good.

Its also worth noting that the PRG grass species will grow, with supplementary lighting pretty much for 10 months of the year, this is a huge advance in plant breeding technology ove the past 20 odd years.

In my view having spent my working life involved with sports turf Agronomy i can say there will be no long term problem with the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

A few technical points.

The lighting rigs don't provide heat but light for enhanced photosynthesis and thereby increase both leaf growth and root growth.

The grass species used on the pitch is 3 cultivars of dwarf PRG (Perennial Ryegrass) this is tremendously strong and fast growing and totally different from what you would grow on a golf green or bowling green (Agrostis and fescue species) . Having advised on many pitches i can tell you with strong fertilisation and lighting rig use the pitch will recover incredibly quickly and indeed pretty much already has. The STRI (Sports Turf Research Institute) are consultant agronomists to the club and and therefore the advice will be good.

Its also worth noting that the PRG grass species will grow, with supplementary lighting pretty much for 10 months of the year, this is a huge advance in plant breeding technology ove the past 20 odd years.

In my view having spent my working life involved with sports turf Agronomy i can say there will be no long term problem with the pitch.

Good post and you obviously know what your talking about so do us all a favour and beat it.

This is JKB, we want bullshit and innuendo.

Thanks for your time. 

28 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

A few technical points.

But will it be “perfect” for the Hamilton game? 😉

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

But will it be “perfect” for the Hamilton game? 😉

What criteria will you be using to judge?

Just now, davemclaren said:

What criteria will you be using to judge?

Don’t know Dave - you’ll need to ask those experts on here who said it will be “100%” and “perfect” for the next home game....🤔

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Don’t know Dave - you’ll need to ask those experts on here who said it will be “100%” and “perfect” for the next home game....🤔

😄

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That's easy. 

A "senior staff member" told me the pitch is already perfect.

Unless it snows, shits, gets invaded by aliens, next week should be fine. 

...........unless you trust no-one 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

7 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

That's easy. 

A "senior staff member" told me the pitch is already perfect.

Unless it snows, shits, gets invaded by aliens, next week should be fine. 

...........unless you trust no-one 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Strangely enough a “senior member of staff” didn’t tell me you were an annoying troll........we all knew that already! 😉

42 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

A few technical points.

Excellent post succinct and to the point. Unlike certain folk who seem to be looking for a problem that doesn't exist, although the guy whose job it is to keep the pitch in order is pissed off (don't blame him) and tells a "mate" who plasters it all over KB 😱. It was always going to get used for events Hearts will learn from this.

53 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

A few technical points.

So it is fork handles then!

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Strangely enough a “senior member of staff” didn’t tell me you were an annoying troll........we all knew that already! 😉

Sorry if I annoy you.

That's not my chosen mantra.

You make a completely uneducated bitter auld moaning mumper all by yourself.  

Daily. 

13 minutes ago, frodoker said:

Excellent post succinct and to the point. Unlike certain folk who seem to be looking for a problem that doesn't exist, although the guy whose job it is to keep the pitch in order is pissed off (don't blame him) and tells a "mate" who plasters it all over KB 😱

Was it a massive surprise to you that the groundsman was pissed off at the damage down to the pitch???? 🤔

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its a shame that this is being used as an attack on Hearts when the sacrifice of one poor surface is very little in comparison to the big picture and investment in our club

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Was it a massive surprise to you that the groundsman was pissed off at the damage down to the pitch???? 🤔

I heard they worked a lot of extra hours to remedy things. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I heard they worked a lot of extra hours to remedy things. 

That was what I was told Dave.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a shame that this is being used as an attack on Hearts when the sacrifice of one poor surface is very little in comparison to the big picture and investment in our club

Attack on Hearts???? 😖

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No as you may realise if you read my post ...  what's your ongoing point about the club you love 

6 minutes ago, frodoker said:

No as you may realise if you read my post ...  what's your ongoing point about the club you love 

So why the “plastering it all over KB 😱” comment when it was hardly sensational news???

What’s my ongoing point? I’m responding to posts on here that are basically piss takes.

The condition of the pitch does not prejudice my love for HMFC.

Hope that clarifies.

This thread is funny, in fact most threads are funny on kickback these days, grown men losing it over grown grass 😂 or not so grown grass 🙄. Pitch looks absolutely fine now anyway, 1 game is all it was a mess for jeez. 

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No just you

:muggy:
How rude are you? Ackchual ragin hear...

Really though, this is a messageboard full of wonderful arseho... er... opinions, so if I'm the only one who CARES enough about our club to be EMBARRASSED and DISGUSTED by the tacit endorsement of all things Lochendish and timmy that is our green and white pitch, then that's fine, I'll continue speaking up on behalf of the club. We were here long before the grass and will be here long after it's STARVED TO DEATH of oxygen and sunlight by swathes of middle class tourists.

If you don't feel the same way that's fine. Some PHM are more P than other HM IMO.

I was at "A War of Two Halves last night" - I can exclusively reveal the pitch looked superb. Close thread and as the bairns sing in "Frozen"......"Let it grow, let it grow....'

What does it say about Kickback when, on this thread, there are 29 pages over 5 months to cover the full installation of the hybrid pitch and 28 pages over a couple of weeks moaning about superficial and cosmetic damage to the grass?

Was critical of the statement Hearts released where they claimed the pitch was merely discoloured and it would play as normal.

Despite the claims of others, the pitch was a mess with large areas completely bald.

However, It appears to be back in good (almost perfect!) nick so we can all move on.

👍🏻

24 minutes ago, kila said:

Not seen Thomaso this wound up since the grey glass panels started going into the new stand ‘facade’.

Don’t go there!!!   😖

19 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Was critical of the statement Hearts released where they claimed the pitch was merely discoloured and it would play as normal.

Despite the claims of others, the pitch was a mess with large areas completely bald.

However, It appears to be back in good (almost perfect!) nick so we can all move on.

👍🏻

Summed up perfectly.  👍

I was at A War of Two Halves yesterday (what a brilliant show by the way!)

Managed to take this photo of what was the most damaged area of the pitch, now looking absolutely great compared to a couple of weeks ago.  Hats off to the the ground staff who have done an amazing job.

Hopefully, we'll learn some lessons from this and, going forward, we can work out a way of staging events on the pitch without causing quite so much of a headache for the ground staff.

!!Tynie.thumb.jpg.07faa11d73b55ecdd5966f3ca68080bb.jpg

Daz_1874_HMFC
3 hours ago, RobNox said:

Managed to take this photo of what was the most damaged area of the pitch, now looking absolutely great compared to a couple of weeks ago.  Hats off to the the ground staff who have done an amazing job.

Hopefully, we'll learn some lessons from this and, going forward, we can work out a way of staging events on the pitch without causing quite so much of a headache for the ground staff.

Those seats really need replaced

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

Absolutely, this.

Caused a short term amount of grief, a little bit of embarrassment for 1 game, which the club got lucky with due to fixture rescheduling.

No real long term damage.

1 hour ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

It took about a year to order the ones for the main so if we place an order now we should have them by, say.......2027.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

I would also say we need something better that that shitty G4S tarp for the segregation.

Surely the club could come up with something better, an advert for FoH or even just a maroon background with the club crest on it.

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think the best policy for holding concerts at Tynecastle is not to have them within one month of a home game. Football should have priority surely.

Hearts should have an open doors period before Saturday to enable all the embarrassed gang to nip in and see the pitch.      We don't want all those wee beetroot faces tripping themselves.

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think the best policy for holding concerts at Tynecastle is not to have them within one month of a home game. Football should have priority surely.

Surely yes. It is clear that AB sees things differently however.

upgotheheads

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The grass has recovered very well, but I suppose  we'll know for sure after Saturday when it's been played on.

However I'm not sure we can afford to sniff at the reported 100k that we earned from the event just for the appearance of the pitch for one game. The pitch didn't effect the result or the game in my opinion.

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

:seething:

RUINED

55 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I would make a rule that the pitch can only covered for a maximum of 48 hours. 

It had been mentioned that they were still removing the staging on Sunday when concert finished on Friday. 

Edited by I.T.K