• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m sorry but that’s not good at all. Fair enough gigs close season but that’s pretty shocking when we’ve been investing so heavily on a state of the art pitch.

It's a temporary situation and anyone who understand that grass grows back after being covered for a couple of days understands that there is no problem.

Folk's lives must be so devoid of meaning that getting upset over this story seems like a worthwhile expenditure of their energy.

Edited by Hearts_fan

The picture hughesie posted makes it look 10x worse than it actually is.

There's always going to be a bit of discolouring, surprised it is basically perfect under where all the audience were.  Big lamps will have that sorted out by the weekend surely.

tynietigers

The lighting has been changed in that pic 🤔 the grow lights don’t usually have a glow like an alien ship is about to descend on Tynecastle 🤣🤣🤣 

Edited by tynietigers

Who’s behind Edinurgh Live? Outputs a load of click bait, lowest common denominator shite most of the time.

*Reach PLC owners of the Mirror, Star and Express. Makes sense*

Edited by Koolkeith

Saint Jambo

I saw a photo from last week where the pitch was covered in plastic mats. I dread to think of the injury Naismith might pick up if he catches a stud on a mat against County. You think the Livi pitch is bad, just wait for the carpet burns Halkett will get if he slide tackles on those mats. And don't get me started on the dangers of Mulraney tripping over a chair at full speed.

Think I'll revisit this thread at 5pm on Saturday once we've actually had the chance to see the condition of the pitch when there is a football match due to be played.

been here before
3 hours ago, SectionN said:

That is an absolute disgrace. Budge is so out of touch with the average football fan. 

For or someone who cares about finances Budge has made an arse of this. Spending money on the park then bringing an orchestra in. 

Disgrace.

:rofl:    :rofl:

You've surpassed your previous best on the Slaver-o-meter which really is some going.

"absolute disgrace", "out of touch", "made an arse of this".

Vintage stuff.

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Who’s behind Edinurgh Live? Outputs a load of click bait, lowest common denominator shite most of the time.

Reach own it. 

Let's just wait until Saturday before commenting further. 

It'll recover but if it's in a bad nick for Saturday then questions should be asked. 

The grass is only effected in the area of the pitch we tend not to play in. :P will be fine by Saturday 

Clerry Jambo
49 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

As long as it was a good money spinner. 

Maybe not a replay but the conductor certainly had a few encores!!

Hungry hippo
16 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Business over football yet again.

Business funds football. It's not one or the other.

Hackney Hearts

Every now and then the funfair visits our local park (Carters Steam Fair, Clissold Park). Massive great lorries and caravans park up for the duration of the long bank holiday weekend - the waltzers, the dodgems, the ferris wheel, the shooting galleries, sideshows and food outlets.... The morning after they leave, that area of the park looks ravaged, a huge patchwork of yellow (what looks like dead) grass. 

3 or 4 days later you'd never know they'd been there.

Byyy The Light

I’ve only seen a couple of pics from last Fridays event but from them it looked like the whole pitch was covered?

How come there are immaculate green lush parts in that photo? 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Don't see the problem. Will recover quickly and have a few bob from the concert. Will be fine for weekend.

Was a community event. Free admission. So no money made from it as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’ve only seen a couple of pics from last Fridays event but from them it looked like the whole pitch was covered?

How come there are immaculate green lush parts in that photo? 

The bit where the stage and access to set up the stage was covered for longer. The bit with the seats for the audience wasnt down long and therefore less affected 

5 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Was a community event. Free admission. So no money made from it as far as I know.

We sold hospitality and had kiosks open etc 

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only time they cream themselves is when their mum takes her teeth oot.

Brilliant Jonno 😂

3 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Photo taker asked for it not to be shared, but - absolutely factually - it's a wee bit lighter in colour where the stage/screens were. That's it. I'll take the mumbled apologies from anyone who disbelieves me on Saturday. :cool:

ITK on the pitch thread, kudos to that man right there.

(joking, thanks for sharing).

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

I’ve never heard the Edinburgh International Festival described as that

🤣🤣🤣

We’ll have charged a stadium fee - paid by ASI no doubt - and probably with a damages clause for any repair works.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

14 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

We had a number of corporate options, so we’ll have made money there. Plus the publicity.

13 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Lots of expensive corporate  sold out . 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Club have had to release a statement because of all the pantwetting sweetie wife's :lol:

Tragic isn't it? Must be in a constant state of distress!!

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Club have had to release a statement because of all the pantwetting sweetie wife's :lol:

I know, what a waste of somebody's time😂😂😂

1 hour ago, tynietigers said:

The lighting has been changed in that pic 🤔 the grow lights don’t usually have a glow like an alien ship is about to descend on Tynecastle 🤣🤣🤣 

Exactly! Contrast, brightness etc all been adjusted for that segment, can see the lamps just on the right edge of the photo are glowing nothing like that, plus other bits that are clearly 'shopped to make it look much worse.

Embarrassing the EEN are running a story from that photo, so desperate for clicks.

21 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Every now and then the funfair visits our local park (Carters Steam Fair, Clissold Park). Massive great lorries and caravans park up for the duration of the long bank holiday weekend - the waltzers, the dodgems, the ferris wheel, the shooting galleries, sideshows and food outlets.... The morning after they leave, that area of the park looks ravaged, a huge patchwork of yellow (what looks like dead) grass. 

3 or 4 days later you'd never know they'd been there.

All without the use of heat lamps and good old Scottish rain!

Pitch will be fine by Saturday. 

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

With all due respect, because they were unsure of what the outcome would be the people who actually created many of the talking points are actually based within Tynecastle. They gave an opinion on what might happen without being 100% sure one way or the other. Did some maybe jump on any comments negatively, very possibly, I've not really read through this thread post the concert. But it does appear that the worst possible outcomes haven't actually come to fruition (I just read back and it seems something might have been thrown together by the EEN, and without reading it I'm guessing it is pish).

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, tynietigers said:

The hibs jealousy at our exceptional infrastructure never ends. Doctoring photos is just pathetic. 

Pasquale for King

Any idea how much we actually got paid for this, it really couldn’t have been that much considering how much the organisers would’ve had to have paid the performers

for a free concert.

11 minutes ago, kila said:

Exactly! Contrast, brightness etc all been adjusted for that segment, can see the lamps just on the right edge of the photo are glowing nothing like that, plus other bits that are clearly 'shopped to make it look much worse.

Embarrassing the EEN are running a story from that photo, so desperate for clicks.

Edinburgh Evening news has discovered the art of click-bait.  Scary headline followed by nothing story.

I’m sure we’ll see plenty more of it as they have a large gullible readership among our pantwetters.

Edited by Nobreath

21 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’ve never heard the Edinburgh International Festival described as that

🤣🤣🤣

We’ll have charged a stadium fee - paid by ASI no doubt - and probably with a damages clause for any repair works.

Yep and we'll host Ross Country on Saturday without incident, proving rather nicely Tynecastle's potential as an ampitheatre for occasions and events beyond football. 

Pinched from the other forum (less than 24 hours after the covers been removed from the pitch - another 4 days left):

14.thumb.jpg.ea1ff176431b927b6198a4e962fc3670.jpg

Edited by kila

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sorry but that’s not good at all. Fair enough gigs close season but that’s pretty shocking when we’ve been investing so heavily on a state of the art pitch.

You do understand that it will look fine in a couple of days? 

Edited by Nobreath

Byyy The Light
33 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The bit where the stage and access to set up the stage was covered for longer. The bit with the seats for the audience wasnt down long and therefore less affected 

Fair enough but still doesn’t match up with the affected areas in the pic 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anyway, I’m not bothered either way. I’m sure the pitch will be absolutely fine by Saturday