Hybrid Pitch

kila

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If there’s another concert it might be an idea to get them to dismantle the stage straight afterwards (like most tours etc) or at least the next day not two days after, considering we need to use it  five days after. 

And the pitch will be fine. Tynecastle was on an international stage. We would have been paid a fee for the stadium. Hospitality was sold out. The majority of people seemed to be buying drink etc. Win win all round.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Some people on here are parents, work, drive heavy machinery, work with dangerous chemicals & materials and are allowed access to the internet.

Quite a sobering thought.

😄

Pasquale for King
Just now, Notts1874 said:

And the pitch will be fine. Tynecastle was on an international stage. We would have been paid a fee for the stadium. Hospitality was sold out. The majority of people seemed to be buying drink etc. Win win all round.

Let’s wait and get through this weekend before we can say that, hopefully no excuses about the pitch if there’s an injury or a bad performance.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s wait and get through this weekend before we can say that, hopefully no excuses about the pitch if there’s an injury or a bad performance.

You are beyond parody now I'm afraid.

Sexton Hardcastle

Time and time again our fans outdo themselves in the moron department.

And people have the cheek to call the old firm and hibs fans muppets.

Beyond the pale.

I remember the same thing happened with the Wembley surface when Spurs were playing there, I think it was caused by the Boxing? I don't think it damaged the surface, just a discolouration.

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

Club have had to release a statement because of all the pantwetting sweetie wife's :lol:

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Tragic isn't it? Must be in a constant state of distress!!

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I know, what a waste of somebody's time😂😂😂

9ED69357-B4AA-4A26-9A2E-ADDA4906F769.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is anyone going to use the pitch as an excuse, if we don't get 3 points on Saturday...? 

No. It'll be Levein's fault. Business as usual.

A small part of me thinks it would be hilarious if Levein used it as an excuse. 

Edited by HMFC86

upgotheheads

From my own experience of leaving stuff lying about on my 'lawn' all that happens is that the grass goes yellow due to lack of sunlight, but you'd have to leave it for quite a long time, maybe weeks, for the grass to actually die. It should recover in 2 or 3 days if the sun shines.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

From my own experience of leaving stuff lying about on my 'lawn' all that happens is that the grass goes yellow due to lack of sunlight, but you'd have to leave it for quite a long time, maybe weeks, for the grass to actually die. It should recover in 2 or 3 days if the sun shines.

Yep the fridge and mattress on my front lawn left a right mark.

Shanks said no
38 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I remember the same thing happened with the Wembley surface when Spurs were playing there, I think it was caused by the Boxing? I don't think it damaged the surface, just a discolouration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46023057

Caused by playing American Football on it

Wembley pitch

'The pitch was very difficult'
Match-winner Mahrez had no problems scoring his goal, but Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld was less than happy with the surface.

The Belgium international said: "I have to be honest, the pitch wasn't good. Both teams like to play out from the back and to play football in these circumstances, it was very difficult."

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino appeared to blame a bobble on the surface for midfielder Lamela missing his clear-cut opportunity for a late equaliser.

"For both sides it was the same," said Pochettino. "Watching the action with Lamela, the ball bounced before he touched it. It was a little unlucky but for both sides - it was a difficult pitch to play."

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Just saw the image on Daily Record online..aargh! Pitch looks ruined. I was at the concert and did wonder how the pitch would cope with the materials used to cover it and several thousand people and a full orchestra  on top of it.

I thought I read on JKB that Hearts received no payments for hosting the concert? 

1 minute ago, MCJamTart said:

Just saw the image on Daily Record online..aargh! Pitch looks ruined. I was at the concert and did wonder how the pitch would cope with the materials used to cover it and several thousand people and a full orchestra  on top of it.

I thought I read on JKB that Hearts received no payments for hosting the concert? 

aye it's ruined.... whatever will we do now?

His name is
3 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

Must be true then... 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Some people on here are parents, work, drive heavy machinery, work with dangerous chemicals & materials and are allowed access to the internet.

Quite a sobering thought.

****ing frightening is what it is.

Some of the posters on here scare the shit out of me.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Any idea how much we actually got paid for this, it really couldn’t have been that much considering how much the organisers would’ve had to have paid the performers

for a free concert.

We only made money from the kiosks etc no money for the venue.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, SectionN said:

That is an absolute disgrace. Budge is so out of touch with the average football fan. 

For or someone who cares about finances Budge has made an arse of this. Spending money on the park then bringing an orchestra in. 

Disgrace.

Well, this has just shot to the top of my list of all time shitiest posts on jkb ever.

It's an absolute disgrace that some of the grass is a bit discoloured due to being covered up for a while for an event where the music being played wasn't to the taste of the "average football fan".  :cornette::jj_facepalm::wtfvlad:

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Flappers will flap. 

It's Tuesday, and by Saturday the surface will be absolutely fine.

What a state some people get in. It's feckin laughable. It really is. Must be a sign of the times. 

Indeed , honest to ****

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Get all the pant pissers on here down to Tynecastle. Pitch rehydrated in double quick time!

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Business over football yet again.

😂😂😂jesus ****

We put a 16wheeler on Keiths pitch last year and it sunk about 1foot. Marquee’s carpeting , stages , soft pitch. Yet who would believe the groundstaff had it ready for a game within 5days of us derigging. Almost as if they had discussed it and new the risks and solutions 😮😮😮

13 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So we gave the sold out hospitality away for nothing then? Community club.

Weakened Offender

Fair old number of the usual Budge-bashers getting their yoonyin fleg boxers in a twist about this nothing story. Brilliant stuff. 😁

johnking123
15 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We made almost a six figure sum after staffing cost. Not bad for night with no football.

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

So we gave the sold out hospitality away for nothing then? Community club.

What i meant was we didnt make money selling the cost of the hire of the venue itself but on everything else..

Sorry next time i’ll rattle off a complete list of what was and wasnt included 🙄

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

What i meant was we didnt make money selling the cost of the hire of the venue but on everything else..

Sorry next time i’ll rattle off a complete list of what was and wasnt included 🙄

Probably best. Saves people having to correct you 👍

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Probably best. Saves people having to correct you 👍

....actually **** it I cant be bothered picking a fight.

Knock yourself out.

Edited by Jamboelite

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The corporate facilities were used too. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The corporate facilities were used too. 

Haha yup i know what i meant wa........tough crowd tonight.

Edited by Jamboelite

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sorry but that’s not good at all. Fair enough gigs close season but that’s pretty shocking when we’ve been investing so heavily on a state of the art pitch.

Pretty shocking that the grass isn't quite its normal shade of green?????

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

....actually **** it I cant be bothered picking a fight.

Knock yourself out.

You did miss out some rather expensive hospitality packages in your p+l analysis

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You did miss out some rather expensive hospitality packages in your p+l analysis

I didnt realise i was going to be audited....

My etc.. in my post left it open for more than just kiosks but not a fee for the stadium.

Edited by Jamboelite

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Haha yup i know what i meant wa........tough crowd tonight.

Yeah, someone said it was a 5 figure sum altogether. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I saw a photo from last week where the pitch was covered in plastic mats. I dread to think of the injury Naismith might pick up if he catches a stud on a mat against County. You think the Livi pitch is bad, just wait for the carpet burns Halkett will get if he slide tackles on those mats. And don't get me started on the dangers of Mulraney tripping over a chair at full speed.

Think I'll revisit this thread at 5pm on Saturday once we've actually had the chance to see the condition of the pitch when there is a football match due to be played.

Mulraney's so fast, the chair would be instantly vaporised on contact!

14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Pretty shocking that the grass isn't quite its normal shade of green?????

No, just concerned seeing the state of it before the first home game of the season. But crack on and call me whatever.

hopefully it will look like a £1million invested pitch should look come 3pm on Saturday.

Sorry for being a tad concerned at today’s images. However apparently grass will look great come Saturday so Looking forward to seeing that.

Oh, and I’m totally pro Ann Budge before you ask.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Wembley pitch

Match-winner Mahrez had no problems scoring his goal, but Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld was less than happy with the surface.

The Belgium international said: "I have to be honest, the pitch wasn't good. Both teams like to play out from the back and to play football in these circumstances, it was very difficult."

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino appeared to blame a bobble on the surface for midfielder Lamela missing his clear-cut opportunity for a late equaliser.

"For both sides it was the same," said Pochettino. "Watching the action with Lamela, the ball bounced before he touched it. It was a little unlucky but for both sides - it was a difficult pitch to play."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ruined-wembley-surface-branded-disgrace-15234708.amp

This is what I was talking about. The Wembely surface was still a bit damaged or discoloured 10 days after the event.

Bazzas right boot

The grass is ****ed. 

Mad Budge oot. 

Terrible. 

Tin pot. 

Disgraceful. 

Out of touch

images (17).jpeg

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

****ing frightening is what it is.

Some of the posters on here scare the shit out of me.

Not just you, mate.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seriously? Let's wait and see if some of the grass being a bit discoloured causes an injury or a bad performance first?

Tragic stuff!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Yep the fridge and mattress on my front lawn left a right mark.

You really should show the in-laws a bit better hospitality than that when they come to visit! 

colinmaroon
16 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Seriously? Let's wait and see if some of the grass being a bit discoloured causes an injury or a bad performance first?

Tragic stuff!

Such injuries could be the result of the butterfly effect!

Seriously, it's entirely likely that uneven stalks of grass could be a real danger or uneven colouring of the surface may cause serious eye injuries.

Rip it all up a lay down red blaze a la Queens Park Recs.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tragic stuff!

I said hopefully it won’t, if it does or CL uses it as an excuse then some folk are going to look silly. If not then I will come back on here and apologise.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No, just concerned seeing the state of it before the first home game of the season. But crack on and call me whatever.

hopefully it will look like a £1million invested pitch should look come 3pm on Saturday.

Sorry for being a tad concerned at today’s images. However apparently grass will look great come Saturday so Looking forward to seeing that.

Oh, and I’m totally pro Ann Budge before you ask.

Agreed and It will be interesting to see, everything should be fine and hopefully we will be able to have other events in the future.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Is anyone going to use the pitch as an excuse, if we don't get 3 points on Saturday...? 

No. It'll be Levein's fault. Business as usual.

It will be a full house for some fans - Ann will be able to get both bullets also.

Hearing the game is moving to the community pitch and will then be relayed onto jumbotron screens in the stadium 😲

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Wembley pitch

Always amazes me that so many people over here actually like that game enough for it to be played at these venues. I don’t think I’ll ever get the attraction with that one really. 😄