• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

See how this is on Saturday.

received_2917124388360973.jpeg

the shape of the damaged parts doesn’t make any sense. Nothing fits those shapes. Are we sure this is real? 

Edit: there’s nothing except the floor panels on top of most of the section nearest the picture. Not even seats.

Edited by Dayman

Heartsofgold

That better be a doctored photo.  If that's the state after the matting being down for less than 3 days, that's a disgrace.

1 minute ago, Dayman said:

the shape of the damaged parts doesn’t make any sense. Nothing fits those shapes. Are we sure this is real? 

Definitely real. May just have been during the seeding process?

Someone at the Waddingtons?

That pic looks like when the new pitch was being done.  Looks as if the top part of turf isn’t laid yet.  

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Definitely real. May just have been during the seeding process?

Yeah, it doesn’t seem like it’s a current picture anyways. Unless the whole pitch looked like this after the event and they just haven’t got to the “damaged” part with the lights yet. 

Edited by Dayman

The Treasurer

I heard that the pitch could take around 2 weeks to fully regrow, but, while it might not look perfect on Saturday the actual surface will be fine.

heartsfc_fan

Might look a bit patchy for Saturday but after that we have a 3 week gap till the next home game.

The conditions at the moment are mild with plenty of strong sun and rain mixed in so it will recover fast.

The advertisements above the entrances in the Wheatfield look different, so unless they've been changed, the pic of the damaged surface is an old pic.

41 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Edit: there’s nothing except the floor panels on top of most of the section nearest the picture. Not even seats.

I think its the area where the stage was placed and area to allow the vehicle access between the main and Roseburn stands.

So the floor panels might of been down 24 hours longer to allow them to remove the stage and equipment. (And maybe covered 24 hours before too. )

Looks like the rest bounced back well.

Edited by I.T.K

33 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I think it does fit. I noticed the grass was left exposed behind the stage at the wheatfield/roseburn corner like in the picture. The stage side decking was probably down for longer to allow them to build and dismantle hence the difference.

21 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The advertisements above the entrances in the Wheatfield look different, so unless they've been changed, the pic of the damaged surface is an old pic.

The advertisement at the concert matches that of the stage so will have been taken away now.

10 minutes ago, Swarlos said:

I think it does fit. I noticed the grass was left exposed behind the stage at the wheatfield/roseburn corner like in the picture. The stage side decking was probably down for longer to allow them to build and dismantle hence the difference.

Ageee. I’d say it’s a real one. Should improve a bit by Saturday. I remember Wembley looking similar when Spurs played last year.

Not even a tiny bit worried. If as people are saying, the green bits in the photo at the Roseburn end are two days ahead in growth, on the rest of the pitch, then even if that photo was taken today (which I seriously doubt), then that should be how the rest of the pitch will look on Thursday. :)

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

Looks like a photo taken during the seeding phase last year to me.

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

Looks like a photo taken during the seeding phase last year to me.

Definitely a recent photo

Guessing that photo was taken yesterday or Sunday? Think we'll be surprised how quickly it recovers.

It's in the middle of the park and Hearts usually bypass that part of the pitch anyway :whistling:

OMG that looks awful. They will be creaming themselves on Flump. Net when they see this. Hope they UV lights are on 24/7 until Saturday. 

That is an absolute disgrace. Budge is so out of touch with the average football fan. 

For or someone who cares about finances Budge has made an arse of this. Spending money on the park then bringing an orchestra in. 

Disgrace.

1 minute ago, SectionN said:

That is an absolute disgrace. Budge is so out of touch with the average football fan. 

For or someone who cares about finances Budge has made an arse of this. Spending money on the park then bringing an orchestra in. 

Disgrace.

Don't be a trumpet. It'll be fine.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

:rofl:

I was up close, front row, the flooring appeared to be interlocked and raised above the surface. Would be amazing if only that one part of the pitch was affected when the entire pitch was covered.

16 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Disgrace.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

A wee spray of some green paint will sort that out.:lol: Seriously though that will come back to how it was within no time, its just because it has been covered and not getting any daylight.

Put a plank of wood down on your lawn for a couple of days and when you lift it up the grass will have discoloured but it recovers quickly.

Sexton Hardcastle

Budge out. Levein Out. Ripping of us fanz.

****ing state of our fans man. ****ing beyond parody these days.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

A wee spray of some green paint will sort that out.:lol: Seriously though that will come back to how it was within no time, its just because it has been covered and not getting any daylight.

Put a plank of wood down on your lawn for a couple of days and when you lift it up the grass will have discoloured but it recovers quickly.

Same when you've been camping and pack your tent away grass is always discoloured for a day or so.

11 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Budge out. Levein Out. Ripping of us fanz.

****ing state of our fans man. ****ing beyond parody these days.

Indeed. It's sad that so many are like this, now. Hearts social media pages are a total embarrassment.

6 minutes ago, the-tackle said:

Where is the tunel in the wheatfield stand gone   old photo

Right behind the sunlamps on the left hand side.

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The only time they cream themselves is when their mum takes her teeth oot.

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Disgrace.

You’ve got to be having a laugh, right?

Theres no damage done and the cost to bring back up to par will be minimal compared to what we’ve probably been paid for use of the stadium.

No harm done and certainly no disgrace 😂

SpruceBringsteen

I've seen a picture of what the pitch looks like. It's not perfect, but it looks absolutely **** all like that one above. Put your  seething shoes back in their box. 😂

Disgrace.

I'll wait to see what it's like on Saturday before blowing a fuse, there's no proof that that photo is current anyway.

Deans Jambo

Disgrace.

The type of pitch we have actually makes it more viable as it'll recover quicker than a standard grass pitch. 

See Wembley for instance. 

troonmaroon
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I was up close, front row, the flooring appeared to be interlocked and raised above the surface. Would be amazing if only that one part of the pitch was affected when the entire pitch was covered.

That section was all covered a lot longer (with tougher/ heavier decking) since the staging began construction.

Most of the rest of the pitch eg where the seats were, was put down last minute and lifted first as well. It will play fine and look grand again in no time. 

10 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I've seen a picture of what the pitch looks like. It's not perfect, but it looks absolutely **** all like that one above. Put your  seething shoes back in their box. 😂

Do share...!

troonmaroon
Just now, netherleejambo said:

Photo properties say it was taken on the 8th June 2019

Nope. American style date stamp I'd guess ie 6 of Aug... 

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Do share...!

Photo taker asked for it not to be shared, but - absolutely factually - it's a wee bit lighter in colour where the stage/screens were. That's it. I'll take the mumbled apologies from anyone who disbelieves me on Saturday. :cool:

Disgrace.

She’s going to shut down the festival. 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Percussion section lob a couple of smoke bombs on that? :o