Hybrid Pitch

kila

6 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Under the pieman and Vlad, we perhaps pocketed the money paid out to us for the seats whilst replacing the broken ones with seats we had in storage? 

Pre-admin, I wouldn't be surprised. Especially during the aggressive cost cutting days under the Pie.

Or maybe it's not possible to replace seats in small numbers. Could be a minimum number needing ordered. 

Just thinking out loud mind. 

Aye, valid points mate. You’re probably right re CR and Vlad. Can’t understand the mindset that would see the look of our stadium slowly deteriorate for the sake of pockling a few quid tho, just seems counter productive. Hopefully they get them sorted out sooner rather than later tho, the unsightly look seemed a bit easier to tolerate when we had the auld stand, now tho, it’s a major annoyance when you look at the rest of our stadium ?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo, Goodbye
5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Aye, valid points mate. You’re probably right re CR and Vlad. Can’t understand the mindset that would see the look of our stadium slowly deteriorate for the sake of pockling a few quid tho, just seems counter productive. Hopefully they get them sorted out sooner rather than later tho, the unsightly look seemed a bit easier to tolerate when we had the auld stand, now tho, it’s a major annoyance when you look at the rest of our stadium ?

Agreed ?

Ann did confirm the seats will be replaced eventually. Can't remember when but it was last season. Can't wait to see all four stands spruced up. 

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

9 hours ago, JALBO said:

corner_mockup.thumb.jpg.0aeefbc1834ad6e1e749eb0460115076.jpg

Will a flag do?

That is absolutely glorious. Why did you do this to us. I’d rather never have an image in my brain. Would be an amazing 23k seater stadium. 

By the light
5 hours ago, Dayman said:

That is absolutely glorious. Why did you do this to us. I’d rather never have an image in my brain. Would be an amazing 23k seater stadium. 

Or even just the corners at the Gorgie end so we’ve 3 sides of solid wall Hearts fans ? 

A thing of beauty, like pumping Rose Bertram...and about the same chances of it happening unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Think we should invest in some industrial strength seats in the away end, that when kicked cause significant damage to shins and legs.

8 hours ago, Dayman said:

mea culpa. :(   Just as well I didn't do the other one I had in mind with a Wembley-style arch soaring over the top of the filled-in corners.......

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Think we should invest in some industrial strength seats in the away end, that when kicked cause significant damage to shins and legs.

Better still, take all the seats out.  There are certain sets of supporters who never sit in them anyway.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

3000 spring loaded coiled seats might do the trick. 

Each one would quite literally eject every fan who decides to kick his seat.

Stephen Muddie
20 hours ago, Jammy T said:

My bairn was just born down at a Hospital in London and a semi-celeb was in the bed opposite - Alison Pearson or something like that. A brash American cow who does columns for papers/magazines.

Anyway, she had been moaning about how dirty it was around her bed and a cleaner came around and Pearson spoke to her like a piece of shit. 

So so I looked across and she happened to be breastfeeding at the time and the stupid cow shouted across the ward - “shut the ****ing curtains that guy is staring at my tits”

So my missus was like “was she talking about you?” I was like “yes, she was speaking down to a cleaner and I thought she was being rude as ****”

Next question: “were you?”

FFS

I pay no heed to celebrities. That sounds pretty horrendous....

even though I rarely agree with you I can at least agree that any human feelings of superiority are false.

we all bleed. We all die. The ride is what you need money for.. But you don't need as much of it as we think....

congratulations btw

...a bit disco

From Twitter.

The Machine!

DhAaWtHX0AAMyMs.jpg

Bazzas right boot
On 29/06/2018 at 20:15, kila said:

But cleaning the windows is going to cost us an absolute fortune according to @i8hibsh  :whistling:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165070-new-stand-stand-open-for-matches-updated/&page=384

Can we not make sammon and Martin clean the windows? 

TyphoonJambo

Looks like the machine the women in our stair had in the seventies, turning out “college jumpers” to go with your high waiters, could do any colour combination whereas that thing only has crappy green.

Bazzas right boot
On 30/06/2018 at 13:14, Jambo, Goodbye said:

3000 spring loaded coiled seats might do the trick. 

Each one would quite literally eject every fan who decides to kick his seat.

A pressure denoted mine. 

Tommy Brown
On 6/29/2018 at 15:59, Bad Religion said:

Walls painted.

Football-stadium-2.thumb.jpg.9332025877d50f573048cdd934e04ffb.jpg

Confused, The corners are not filled in???

I have ST for that corner, have I been done, it was bought in the pub?

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, kila said:

I keep looking for some cymbals 

Waiting for newspapers to come wheeching out of it.

How many 'passes' of the pitch does the giant sewing machine make?

Just the one? Or is it 2/3 depending on how much cash we've stumped up?

Heart of Darkness
On 29/06/2018 at 22:38, Richard Dawkins said:

They are not faded. It would be impossible for them to be individually faded on a seat for seat basis. Fading would occur over an area and not be specic to individual seats. Hence, due to the Roseburn being for away supporters,  it would suggest that the different coloured seats have replaced the original seats that have been vandalised. 

Was thinking why don't we get a big retractable cover fitted to the pitchside wall and the concourse 1st seat barriers, just big enough for each section, that we pull out after the fans have gone away.

Like a big maroon bog roll - a wee yank and away it goes b4 the ground opens. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

How many 'passes' of the pitch does the giant sewing machine make?

Just the one? Or is it 2/3 depending on how much cash we've stumped up?

Does it in one pass. You can set the spacing depending on the amount of fibres you want.

Given most of the WC pitches are hybrid I cant say I've seen a single divot lift up?

10 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

The Machine!

DhAaWtHX0AAMyMs.jpg

Nice machine ..... shame about the thread!

They should have used maroon thread, 5 threads for every 1 single blade of grass!!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

11 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

From Twitter.

The Machine!

DhAaWtHX0AAMyMs.jpg

Just goes to show how much of The park is actually synthetic when you see the contrast between the turf the machine has been over versus the turf it’s still to do. Looks immense. Cannot wait to get back to Tynie, the World Cup is decent to be fair, but it’ll never touch the blood and snotters o Scottish fitba for me ???????????

Bobby the B

Went to the VIP Stadium tour on Friday evening. Great couple of hours. The amount of space in the new stand is amazing.

Anyway took these while there:

First one shows the work on the police box (close as I could get).

Next is a close up of the pitch. Bottom part is seeded only. top has been "stitched".

The remainder are in the players' dressing room (a reminder, perhaps)?

I took some others, but no point in duplicating pics of the "Green Machine"!

20180629_194924.jpg

20180629_194650e.jpg

20180629_195445.jpg

20180629_195521.jpg

20180629_195416.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bobby the B said:

Went to the VIP Stadium tour on Friday evening. Great couple of hours. The amount of space in the new stand is amazing.

Next is a close up of the pitch. Bottom part is seeded only. top has been "stitched".

20180629_194924.jpg

20180629_194650e.jpg

20180629_195445.jpg

20180629_195521.jpg

20180629_195416.jpg

Good Man. Thanks for that

8 hours ago, Bobby the B said:

20180629_194924.jpg

20180629_194650e.jpg

20180629_195445.jpg

20180629_195521.jpg

20180629_195416.jpg

I assume the photos are from the wheatfield changing room?

And thanks for posting.  

Valois No1

It all looks fantastic. The place has been transformed into a stadium to be really proud of. The pitch looks amazing and I'm surprised at the amount of grass compared to fibres. Must be like a 70/30 split in favour of fibre. Im sure the players will love it. 

Disco Dave
15 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

It all looks fantastic. The place has been transformed into a stadium to be really proud of. The pitch looks amazing and I'm surprised at the amount of grass compared to fibres. Must be like a 70/30 split in favour of fibre. Im sure the players will love it. 

95% grass, 5% fibre

1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

I assume the photos are from the wheatfield changing room?

And thanks for posting.  

Correct,it is the wheatfield changing room.

22 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Think the grass just hasn't grown that much yet.  Will probably look pretty much like a grass pitch eventually.

27 minutes ago, obua said:

Correct,it is the wheatfield changing room.

What a team that would be.....

Had some great players over the years.

Valois No1
44 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

95% grass, 5% fibre

Really... I need glasses. Cheers for the info mate. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

What a team that would be.....

Had some great players over the years.

Skacel, Robbo, JC, Conn, Bauld, Wardhaugh - QUITE attacking I suppose!

Just now, Smithee said:

Skacel, Robbo, JC, Conn, Bauld, Wardhaugh - QUITE attacking I suppose!

Score one more than the opposition, Brazillianesque !

Hungry hippo
11 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Do they do extra stitching in the goal mouth?

Only if it was a difficult birth.

Disco Dave
2 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Really... I need glasses. Cheers for the info mate. 

I think thats the standard ratio for the majority of pitches

14 hours ago, Bobby the B said:

20180629_194924.jpg

20180629_194650e.jpg

20180629_195445.jpg

20180629_195521.jpg

20180629_195416.jpg

Love the named strips - all quality players and legends...................................................and Neilson! :wacko2:

Jamboelite
2 hours ago, kila said:

And another from Twitter 

EF3B2FEB-99A1-497F-B3E0-CEFD2B9D9D9D.jpeg

The contrast between the front of that picture and the back is considerable.

On some photos it looks like the grass is pretty much done and then you see Bobby the B's post and it looks quite bare. I appreciate the sowing machine is still to do its thing in some areas but it does still look like a task to get it ready for the first game.

I also love how no one can get a clear photo of the police box scaled back, its like a secret project with photos on long lenses or behind machines.

Edited by Jamboelite