Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

FFS the club can't win on here can they? If they sell them in May folk moan because they wanted more time to save up. If they sell them in March folk moan because they didn't expect to pay until May.

Exactly. The chat last year was, when were the season tickets going on sale, the cash is burning a hole in my pocket, don't they want our money etc.

Hibs put their ST’s on sale early. Hearts fans mock how broke they are.

Hearts put their ST’s on sale early. Hearts fans applaud the forward thinking decision of the club.

Couldnt make this shit up. 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Players still under contract are being paid by their clubs so I would say no, however any player agreeing to sign for us would have negotiated their deal with us via their agents no doubt.

I am only surmising but that seems the logical way to me.

That would be my assumption too ... unless the agent needs palms greased?

Edited by Francis Albert

Silvery_Moon
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

All true but I think it is fair to say that bringing forward ST sales is usually due to cash shortfalls needed to be met in the current season. That was certainly the case with Vlad and I am sure we have attributed this reason to Hibs and other clubs in the past.

If this is the reason then unless you repeat the exercise in subsequent seasons this will impact on funds available next season.

You actually have a valid point. We have laughed at Hibs selling them so early and we sold them early under Vlad when we were in financial trouble. Let's hope if we start sales soon it is because we have chosen to and not because we have to. 

30 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

FFS the club can't win on here can they? If they sell them in May folk moan because they wanted more time to save up. If they sell them in March folk moan because they didn't expect to pay until May.

Wow. It is clear we are not allowed to comment negatively on anything the club does anymore. How dare we. Thankfully there are still a few of us who are prepared to question decisions if need be.

All Out Attack
2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Whenever the tickets are released one thing is certain. The Pricing needs to be good. The loyal fan base has stood firm throughout the last few seasons and it is imperative it stays that way. 

I also think this is crucial. 

Inflation is around 3% and expected to fall and I'm pretty sure there are very few people expecting to get increases above this or even close to it. Football in this country is way too expensive and anything not in line with inflation will be pretty unsavoury. 

Celtic's go on sale in a couple of weeks. Week commencing the 2nd of April. 

Are they broke and needing the cash in, or setting the renewal period with their fans in mind?

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Of course, that's how it should work. 

I notice however you avoided mentioning the new stand in your comments on what it will be spent on though.  

I think an up front comment from Budge, indicating the path ahead and what the money will be spent on, would work wonders in helping to sell them. 

She must know that many supporters, in the real world, are not happy about where the club is at the moment, especially on the football side.

Some positive leadership can really help in pull us together. 

We are apparently planning to recruit up to 9 new players to, hopefully, improve on field performsnces so I would think significant ST income will be needed for that. However, nit all of it can, ior should be, spent on strengthening the squad close seasni as it needs to help us through the seasn generally.  I doubt the club will state they will spend a certain amount on players, due to commercisl sensitivities. 

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, been here before said:

So apart from the OP has anyone seen this ad?

Cant say I noticed it at the game. The only one that rver catches my eye is the bright pink one that looks like theres a dog walking infront if it.

Couldnt tell you what its for though as my eyes follow fido.

I hope it is true.

If not it seems there will be a lot of people annoyed if we don't take advantage of this brilliant marketing opportunity, give them more time to save or alternatively relieve them of the money that is burning a hole in their pockets.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Usual suspects all over this I see . 

Atrention seekong fandans to a man . 

Come on they are just leaping to the defence of everything the club does by making things up.

Oh wait, you don't mean them.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

All true but I think it is fair to say that bringing forward ST sales is usually due to cash shortfalls needed to be met in the current season. That was certainly the case with Vlad and I am sure we have attributed this reason to Hibs and other clubs in the past.

If this is the reason then unless you repeat the exercise in subsequent seasons this will impact on funds available next season.

You mght be correct, but it could be they want an early view on how much they can spend on the extensive squad rebuilding required? I think the club, like most others, will have tight budgets and ongoing cashflow management issues and completing a new stand is unlikley to help that. 

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cant say I noticed it at the game. The only one that rver catches my eye is the bright pink one that looks like theres a dog walking infront if it.

Couldnt tell you what its for though as my eyes follow fido.

Yes we noticed it at the game on the electronic boards in front of our beautiful new stand.

I'll be buying mine as soon as possible and the club as always will spendit in the manner which they choose. If its for new fur knickers for Ann then so be it.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I hope it is true.

If not it seems there will be a lot of people annoyed if we don't take advantage of this brilliant marketing opportunity, give them more time to save or alternatively relieve them of the money that is burning a hole in their pockets.

I saw the ad as well. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Come on they are just leaping to the defence of everything the club does by making things up.

Oh wait, you don't mean them.

I can confirm you are most definitely one , hope this helps . 

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We are apparently planning to recruit up to 9 new players to, hopefully, improve on field performsnces so I would think significant ST income will be needed for that. However, nit all of it can, ior should be, spent on strengthening the squad close seasni as it needs to help us through the seasn generally.  I doubt the club will state they will spend a certain amount on players, due to commercisl sensitivities. 

I think it will be great if we can get the income in early so we can go for the best we can afford early the transfer window. However, a large percentage of ST holders will be waiting to see who the players are before parting with their dosh. The club need to trust the support and we in turn have to believe the club will be better in its recruitment this time around!

12 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Will we be biased towards HMFC! 

Incredible, on a Hearts fans forum. Who’d have guessed.

:teehee:    

That's what I just don't get about this board. Folk getting annoyed because we support Hearts, totally weird

davemclaren
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think it will be great if we can get the income in early so we can go for the best we can afford early the transfer window. However, a large percentage of ST holders will be waiting to see who the players are before parting with their dosh. The club need to trust the support and we in turn have to believe the club will be better in its recruitment this time around!

A couple of good, early signings would certainly help. 

davemclaren
Just now, Dunks said:

If prices don't increase, then those that paid extra for the price freeze will likely feel hard done by.

I eould think that the vsst majority realised it was a donation. 

...a bit disco

I'm one of probably many ST holders who are on a very tight budget.

I couldn't have budgeted for a March sale date even if I'd wanted to.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

A couple of good, early signings would certainly help. 

It certainly would and even the knowledge of who we are likely to be signing like the Berra situation last spring! 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I eould think that the vsst majority realised it was a donation. 

Agreed.  It will be those that didn't pay extra that will see it as an opportunity to moan anyway :D

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

If prices don't increase, then those that paid extra for the price freeze will likely feel hard done by.

I paid the extra but dont expect any prices to go up (other than those that got a special deal this season).

Hard done by, mibbies but there were no guarantees with the extra price freeze payment.

All Out Attack
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You mght be correct, but it could be they want an early view on how much they can spend on the extensive squad rebuilding required? 

That's a distinct possibility. 

Unlike previous seasons, where we had momentum or a new stand to keep supporters interested, the club may have some doubts over how this in going to pan out this time. 

11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Good.  I was critical of last season's timing because I felt that they should have been on sale earlier - when there were still home games for people to pick them up in person.

This year there will be three, or perhaps four,  home games for people to go into the office.

I accept this may not suit everyone, and may, indeed, be an unpopular viewpoint, but I think it makes a lot of sense logistically.

I wonder how many fans actually collect season tickets. Unless circumstances have changed with Smart Cards no need to do this.

If season ticket renewal advertising starts next week it is likely to have a cut off date  towards the end of April/early May for existing ST holders to renew.  Don’t see this as anything to be concerned about.

bigdavemaddog

a lot of english clubs have had season tickets on sale for at least a month now and is quite common practice down here as i often browse club sites to look at prices, incentives etc. Im planning on a catagory b ticket if they sell them again.

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

They probably need extra cash to sort out the rust in the new stand :lol:

Are you still here?

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Personally got the cash burning a hole in my pocket so it's probably better the club have it.

In fact the club should be selling them all year round. I'd probably buy more when full of the bevvy.

:smile:

been here before

If I renew I reckon I'll stay in the Wheatfield. I dont know what it is but I just dont fancy the new stand. No idea why. It always looks freezing. Not that the Wheatfield is balmy right enough...

Might give it a whirl pre season/League Cup time.

6 hours ago, been here before said:

Yes, I've just watched a re-run of the match and the advert comes on the main stand side digital boards after 90 minutes. It's the only add from then till the full time whistle and a while after. 

It says, "Heart of Midlothian 2018-19 season tickets on sale next week".

bigdavemaddog
2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Yes, I've just watched a re-run of the match and the advert comes on the main stand side digital boards after 90 minutes. It's the only add from then till the full time whistle and a while after. 

It says, "Heart of Midlothian 2018-19 season tickets on sale next week".

may get announced tomorrow after spending the weekend finalising details.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

If I renew I reckon I'll stay in the Wheatfield. I dont know what it is but I just dont fancy the new stand. No idea why. It always looks freezing. Not that the Wheatfield is balmy right enough...

Might give it a whirl pre season/League Cup time.

At the start of the Season I reckon the Sun could be an issue.... sun glasses and lotion required.

40 minutes ago, McCrae said:

At the start of the Season I reckon the Sun could be an issue.... sun glasses and lotion required.

Sun glasses could have been useful at times yesterday, probably worse than it would be in the summer when the sun would be higher in the sky. 

:coolgleamA:

been here before
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Just looks to me to be a bit stark, a bit drab. Might be the boarded up doors.

A sort of Broomhouse effect.

10 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

I'm one of probably many ST holders who are on a very tight budget.

I couldn't have budgeted for a March sale date even if I'd wanted to.

You don't HAVE to buy in March.

I would be very surprised if the reserved period ended before the end of May.

I would also expect any early bird incentive to be available up to the end of May. If any of the above were not to happen then I would think it worth complaining about .

People are forgetting that we have extra tickets to sell now and the club probably take the view the earlier we start selling the better. Simple as that.

13 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Personally got the cash burning a hole in my pocket so it's probably better the club have it.

In fact the club should be selling them all year round. I'd probably buy more when full of the bevvy.

I'd like certain guarentees before parting with my hard earned cash. I for the first time in many season never bought a season ticket and i've been quite happy buying a ticket for matches. I've never had a problem buying a ticket or any game and i've enjoyed sitting in the wheatfield, gorgie & main stands. The £39 premimun are great bythe way.

Edited by mitch41

davemclaren
Just now, mitch41 said:

I'd like certain guarentees before parting with my hard earned cash. I for the first time i many season never bought a season ticket and i've been quite happy buying a ticket for matches. I've never had a problem buying a ticket or any game and i've enjoyed sitting in the wheatfield, gorgie & main stands. The £39 premimun are great bythe way.

What guarantees would you like Mitch?

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What guarantees would you like Mitch?

Well maybe not guarentees but targets, ambitions like if we don't put a challenge in next season Levein & co will be replaced with Levein going back to DOF but with no control over the first team. If Levein is a success he doesn't end up stepping aside after a period for an untried Head Coach/ Manager like Jon Daly. Yes i know these targets are not going to be announced so i'll just have to wait till i'm happy.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Well maybe not guarentees but targets, ambitions like if we don't put a challenge in next season Levein & co will be replaced with Levein going back to DOF but with no control over the first team. If Levein is a success he doesn't end up stepping aside after a period for an untried Head Coach/ Manager like Jon Daly. Yes i know these targets are not going to be announced so i'll just have to wait till i'm happy.

Correct. ?

Bridge of Djoum
13 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, because the financial management now is comparable to then.

Comparing bananas and tampons.

I knew a girl ......... 

I've said enough.

Edited by New York Fleapit