Jump to content
williamgerrard

Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

Recommended Posts

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Well maybe not guarentees but targets, ambitions like if we don't put a challenge in next season Levein & co will be replaced with Levein going back to DOF but with no control over the first team. If Levein is a success he doesn't end up stepping aside after a period for an untried Head Coach/ Manager like Jon Daly. Yes i know these targets are not going to be announced so i'll just have to wait till i'm happy.

Correct. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
13 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

 

Aye, because the financial management now is comparable to then.

 

Comparing bananas and tampons.

I knew a girl ......... 

 

 

I've said enough.

Edited by New York Fleapit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well maybe not guarentees but targets, ambitions like if we don't put a challenge in next season Levein & co will be replaced with Levein going back to DOF but with no control over the first team. If Levein is a success he doesn't end up stepping aside after a period for an untried Head Coach/ Manager like Jon Daly. Yes i know these targets are not going to be announced so i'll just have to wait till i'm happy.

:cornette:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite

3 pages of a certain poster trying to pick a fight i see...

 

ST’s going on sale now in order for us to see what income we have to spend this season is fair enough, i dont see it as some sinister ploy or a particular cash flow issue.

 

Looking forward to the moan fest on pricing mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

I don't see any ominous reason for the season tickets coming out earlier. We're not in any financial trouble, its probably a case of getting money in ASAP so Leveins pre-contracts, early dealings aren't constricted by finance. 

 

Also, the longer they are available the more chance people have to buy them. We have a bigger stadium now, so understandably we want to have folk buying season tickets ASAP.

 

Personally see nothing wrong with it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

Nothing wrong with putting them on sale as far as I’m concerned. What I am wondering is if there is a price hike then those hovering on renewing will not renew. Hopefully sense will prevail and there will be a price freeze. I’ve said it before that if they have an increase then they may well see FOH contributors scale back. I know I will if the increase is say £40+

if it’s that then I will reduce my FOH contributions to cover it. 

Reason is that after the shambles this season they should retain as many ST holders as they can and an increase would be not on given what we’ve endured.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nothing wrong with putting them on sale as far as I’m concerned. What I am wondering is if there is a price hike then those hovering on renewing will not renew. Hopefully sense will prevail and there will be a price freeze. I’ve said it before that if they have an increase then they may well see FOH contributors scale back. I know I will if the increase is say £40+

if it’s that then I will reduce my FOH contributions to cover it. 

Reason is that after the shambles this season they should retain as many ST holders as they can and an increase would be not on given what we’ve endured.

So, they go up £40 and you will reduce your FoH contibrution by £3.33 per month? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
Just now, davemclaren said:

So, they go up £40 and you will reduce your FoH contibrution by £3.33 per month? ?

 

Now that’s a bit naughty. You know what I mean. If it goes up by so much then yes I will take a fiver off my FOH sub. I don’t think there should be any increase next season. I’ve actually raised my FOH sub twice this year so it’s really a point of principle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

 

Now that’s a bit naughty. You know what I mean. If it goes up by so much then yes I will take a fiver off my FOH sub. I don’t think there should be any increase next season. I’ve actually raised my FOH sub twice this year so it’s really a point of principle 

Your money, your call. So you’ll reduce it by more than the increase. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Your money, your call. So you’ll reduce it by more than the increase. ?

No I won’t. I said in my original post if the rise was £40+

If you want I will say if they raise it by £60 then I would reduce my FOH sub by £5 a month. Which is less than I have raised it this year

i know there’s more than a few around me that are talking about walking up if they increase , so it’s something the club should think about to be honest

Edited by 1971fozzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No I won’t. I said in my original post if the rise was £40+

If you want I will say if they raise it by £60 then I would reduce my FOH sub by £5 a month. Which is less than I have raised it this year

i know there’s more than a few around me that are talking about walking up if they increase , so it’s something the club should think about to be honest

We’ll just have to wait and see what’s announced. However, £40/£60 increases are around 10% increases so I would be surprised if they are anything like that, but we don’t know yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We’ll just have to wait and see what’s announced. However, £40/£60 increases are around 10% increases so I would be surprised if they are anything like that, but we don’t know yet. 

Those of us who had ST in the old main stand are facing an automatic price increase for the new stand.

We are now classed as Platinum and were only charged as Gold this season . Next season we are due to pay 50% of the difference between platinum and gold as an increase before moving up to the full platinum price 2019/20.

Any routine price increase on top of our planned increase would be expensive.

Personally I think it still good value and will pay the extra no problem.

Not everyone will agree so the club have go be very careful with their pricing policy this time.

Edited by luckydug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambocub
9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

No I won’t. I said in my original post if the rise was £40+

If you want I will say if they raise it by £60 then I would reduce my FOH sub by £5 a month. Which is less than I have raised it this year

i know there’s more than a few around me that are talking about walking up if they increase , so it’s something the club should think about to be honest

Totally agree the club will be making a huge mistake upping the cost of season tickets ..in  my opinion a price freeze is the way to go for next season .we don't want to be losing season ticket holders. It's already to easy with the extra seats for fans to choose single game's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
10 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

I knew a girl ......... 

 

 

I've said enough.

 

 

Good man, I was being subtle as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Just thinking, I haven't finished paying for the last one :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
10 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

3 pages of a certain poster trying to pick a fight i see...

 

ST’s going on sale now in order for us to see what income we have to spend this season is fair enough, i dont see it as some sinister ploy or a particular cash flow issue.

 

Looking forward to the moan fest on pricing mind you.

Correct. We have unexpected increased expenses (pitch, stand issues) and likely drop in season ticket sales (Due to increased supply reducing demand and to knock on from season ticket holders who are not attending due to quality of entertainment who may choose to change to walk ups) It makes total sense for the board to establish what the likely income is so they can put together more accurate financial projections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Out Attack
11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Well maybe not guarentees but targets, ambitions like if we don't put a challenge in next season Levein & co will be replaced with Levein going back to DOF but with no control over the first team. If Levein is a success he doesn't end up stepping aside after a period for an untried Head Coach/ Manager like Jon Daly. Yes i know these targets are not going to be announced so i'll just have to wait till i'm happy.

I do think up front targets could greatly help pull the support together over the summer, however  they need to be binding, with no more backsliding. 

 

Also, Levein can't ever now go back to DOF. If and when he fails as manager, all traces of him and his trainee managers need to go. The bottom line is, as long as he is here the club will be tarnished and we will simply not move on. I personally don't get this need some seem to have to keep this man around the club, no matter how bad we get. 

 

The reality is, if Levein fails, the clamour to root him and his system out will be overwhelming. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Those of us who had ST in the old main stand are facing an automatic price increase for the new stand.

We are now classed as Platinum and were only charged as Gold this season . Next season we are due to pay 50% of the difference between platinum and gold as an increase before moving up to the full platinum price 2019/20.

Any routine price increase on top of our planned increase would be expensive.

Personally I think it still good value and will pay the extra no problem.

Not everyone will agree so the club have go be very careful with their pricing policy this time.

Yes, that will be an issue for some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All Out Attack

Any rise in the price of season  tickets, above the underlying rate of inflation will be pretty disgusting and an act of footballing self - harm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sinks

I thought that unless you paid the £100 or whatever it was the price was rising automatically for the next 3 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab

When Cathro was making a proper pig's ear of it last season, I did have genuine concerns on ST sales. We then went on to sell more than we ever have.

Detractors may scream "...but...New Stand..." and, aye, there may be something in that but, personally, I can see a similar situation as this season...people will snap them up but if we 're not doing so well, will pick and choose games.

Money in the bank either way !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form

How come there’s no mention of the season ticket sale anywhere on the official site? Seems a bit odd to do no marketing if they’re supposed to be available from this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, S Form said:

How come there’s no mention of the season ticket sale anywhere on the official site? Seems a bit odd to do no marketing if they’re supposed to be available from this week.

 

Something like this happened last season. 

 

There's no announcement because they are not going on sale yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Something like this happened last season. 

 

There's no announcement because they are not going on sale yet. 

 

Indeed.

 

Advertising in a nutshell. The seed's been planted in the brain, your sub-conscious awaiting news !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
12 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

3 pages of a certain poster trying to pick a fight i see...

 

ST’s going on sale now in order for us to see what income we have to spend this season is fair enough, i dont see it as some sinister ploy or a particular cash flow issue.

 

Looking forward to the moan fest on pricing mind you.

A bit harsh on the only poster at the time you posted to have appeared on all three pages. Dave has always struck me as a peaceable type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit harsh on the only poster at the time you posted to have appeared on all three pages. Dave has always struck me as a peaceable type.

 

Look at the trouble he caused with his a Levein Poll thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit harsh on the only poster at the time you posted to have appeared on all three pages. Dave has always struck me as a peaceable type.

Any more than that and I may throw you a stern look. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Those of us who had ST in the old main stand are facing an automatic price increase for the new stand.

We are now classed as Platinum and were only charged as Gold this season . Next season we are due to pay 50% of the difference between platinum and gold as an increase before moving up to the full platinum price 2019/20.

Any routine price increase on top of our planned increase would be expensive.

Personally I think it still good value and will pay the extra no problem.

Not everyone will agree so the club have go be very careful with their pricing policy this time.

Cheaper seats available elsewhere for those that dont want to or cant afford it. The fact the club have offered discounted rates for not just 1 season but 2 is a tremendous gesture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cheaper seats available elsewhere for those that dont want to or cant afford it. The fact the club have offered discounted rates for not just 1 season but 2 is a tremendous gesture.

As a main-stander, agreed. The club did not have to do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scottish_chicP

Interesting to see what they do with us next season. We were moved from D to accommodate the dressing rooms and put in the new stand. I want to move back to D but no idea when this will be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
On 18/03/2018 at 12:22, Dunks said:

If prices don't increase, then those that paid extra for the price freeze will likely feel hard done by.

I paid extra for the price freeze and won't be bothered in the slightest if prices don't actually go up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Well maybe not guarentees but targets, ambitions like if we don't put a challenge in next season Levein & co will be replaced with Levein going back to DOF but with no control over the first team. If Levein is a success he doesn't end up stepping aside after a period for an untried Head Coach/ Manager like Jon Daly. Yes i know these targets are not going to be announced so i'll just have to wait till i'm happy.

My big concern over FoH is that at some point, the club might end up being run by folk who actually agree with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite
57 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit harsh on the only poster at the time you posted to have appeared on all three pages. Dave has always struck me as a peaceable type.

 

:touche:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
10 minutes ago, scottish_chicP said:

Interesting to see what they do with us next season. We were moved from D to accommodate the dressing rooms and put in the new stand. I want to move back to D but no idea when this will be possible.

The Wheatfield tunnel may well be retained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scottish_chicP
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The Wheatfield tunnel may well be retained. 

I know. It's a bit annoying that we haven't had any communication from the club on it. There are 9 or 10 of us that sit together so would be disappointed if we all had to split up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks
16 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

My big concern over FoH is that at some point, the club might end up being run by folk who actually agree with you!

 

:spoton:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoGwash
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

My big concern over FoH is that at some point, the club might end up being run by folk who actually agree with you!

If I thought there were a lot of people who think like that my faith in humanity would be seriously eroded :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Something like this happened last season. 

 

There's no announcement because they are not going on sale yet. 

Ah, I see - thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cheaper seats available elsewhere for those that dont want to or cant afford it. The fact the club have offered discounted rates for not just 1 season but 2 is a tremendous gesture.

I agree with you but others might not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Any more than that and I may throw you a stern look. ?

 

Yer just a big pussy cat, Dave.

 

Mind you as a recipient of your stern look on the odd occasion I can confirm to others that it is indeed a sight to behold.

 

?

Edited by jonnothejambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

My big concern over FoH is that at some point, the club might end up being run by folk who actually agree with you!

Agree with me and Hearts will become winners. The supporters, our supporters deserve the best we can get player wise and management wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, sinks said:

I thought that unless you paid the £100 or whatever it was the price was rising automatically for the next 3 years?

 

I don't think there was anything phrased in that way, or at least not that I can remember. I paid the £100 at the start of this season, as I had the money and I classed it as just another donation to the club. I also did so on the understanding that although it does freeze the price of my ST there was nothing to say that other ST holders would automatically have to pay more. It may well be the case that although my seat price is frozen those sitting around me who didn't take up the additional £100 option may well still be paying the same price as me next season. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Portable Badger
43 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I don't think there was anything phrased in that way, or at least not that I can remember. I paid the £100 at the start of this season, as I had the money and I classed it as just another donation to the club. I also did so on the understanding that although it does freeze the price of my ST there was nothing to say that other ST holders would automatically have to pay more. It may well be the case that although my seat price is frozen those sitting around me who didn't take up the additional £100 option may well still be paying the same price as me next season. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Ditto - was always just another £100 donation I was happy to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74

My take on the price freeze was that it was simply optional with no guarantee that others would pay more when the next seasons went on sale, it was a donation to help fund the stand, I said at the time that I couldn’t see the price of wheatfield etc going up by £33 each year for example to take it upto the £100 so would not benefit on the freeze, it was purely a donation to help the stand fund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaps

Details of season tickets prices will be getting released at some point today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamboelite

Increases to a minimum according to the statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunks
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Details of season tickets prices will be getting released at some point today.

 

On sale at 9am apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koolkeith

Not sure Hearts can really justify the price increases here. I’ll still renew, but getting a bit sick of the begging bowl coming out all the time. I understand it’s needed to pay fo the pitch etc, but the product on the park needs to improve massively next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug

Every time I click on the ST link on the club website I get a warning message from a site called readymag. com.

Anyone else got similar problem ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...