Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Footballfirst

It's a bit rich saying that the increase is down to the cost of maintaining a stadium with an increased capacity.

The increased capacity and the uprating of seat classifications should be paying for it itself, and there shouldn't be the same outlay on maintenance.

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BigC said:

£495 is a massive increase on last year.

Can’t remember exactly what I paid last year. Must have been £420-450?

Will renew but I’m not happy about that price.

It wasn't more than £440 mate. Still cheaper than going shopping with the wife every Saturday though.

I can't view the prices on my phone. Don't like the sound of the increase though. Think that'll push it to over £500 for Scottish football :D

Also the renewal period seems rather short. Will definitely be waiting to the general sale period.

*just seen £495 quoted above so not quite the £500 mark yet

Edited by neilnunb

4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

That's how you view the brochure: https://readymag.com/hmfc/1004640/

Telling me my connection is not private and attackers might be trying to steal my passwords etc.

I'm sitting at home using my home broadband so it's not as if I'm using an unsecured service like bus wi-fi etc.

15 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Not sure Hearts can really justify the price increases here. I’ll still renew, but getting a bit sick of the begging bowl coming out all the time. I understand it’s needed to pay fo the pitch etc, but the product on the park needs to improve massively next season 

Hopefully the new pitch will last another 20 years! Nobody likes a price increase... and I wouldn’t be happy if I thought money was being wasted.  From reading Ann’s statement we need this if we going to increase investment in the squad and finish the stadium improvements. I reckon they also have some concerns that season ticket sales maybe down this year and this may also be a reason for the increase.

Will renew.

I just bought one in platinum premium section..let me pay £347.50 instead of £695.. anyone know why? 

8 minutes ago, BigC said:

Edit: And as an aside, a ST at Hibs for a very similar seat would cost £405. Aberdeen is £410. That’s quite a big difference.

Platinum was £470 for current season  so a £25  or 5% increase. Basically a £ a game more. 

Just now, jambotony said:

I just bought one in platinum premium section..let me pay £347.50 instead of £695.. anyone know why? 

Price freeze ?

Jambof3tornado

Details of last season price freeze to follow???? Surely it will be the same price I paid last year or is that too obvious?

Early and much shorter renewal period a wee bit disappointing.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Platinum was £470 for current season  so a £25  or 5% increase. Basically a £ a game more. 

Was there not a discount period for early birds that brought it down a bit? 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Telling me my connection is not private and attackers might be trying to steal my passwords etc.

I'm sitting at home using my home broadband so it's not as if I'm using an unsecured service like bus wi-fi etc.

Weird - the site has a valid security certificate until 2019 according to my PC.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Details of last season price freeze to follow???? Surely it will be the same price I paid last year or is that too obvious?

Early and much shorter renewal period a wee bit disappointing.

Had a look on etickets - my renewal is the same price as last season, so the price freeze is in place :thumbsup:

FarmerTweedy
On 19/03/2018 at 20:26, mitch41 said:

Agree with me and Hearts will become winners. The supporters, our supporters deserve the best we can get player wise and management wise. 

The bit in bold: :rofl:

Agree with the rest though!

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's a bit rich saying that the increase is down to the cost of maintaining a stadium with an increased capacity.

The increased capacity and the uprating of seat classifications should be paying for it itself, and there shouldn't be the same outlay on maintenance.

That was my thinking reading through the statements, FF.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Had a look on etickets - my renewal is the same price as last season, so the price freeze is in place :thumbsup:

Yup just been on too. Not sure why it says in the info details to follow. Lovely stuff.

On 3/18/2018 at 00:44, Kiwidoug said:

If sales are disappointing by the time the transfer window opens that certainly sends a message to the board about what they need to be doing.

Not much good when it falls of deaf ears though.

£75 hike for me in section T

Not worth my while renewing at that price so won't be for the first time in years.

No extended renewal period as some were  saying was likely given the early sale.

No early bird price.

Price increase for my seat, exactly how much I’m not sure, but £495 is frankly ridiculous. Particularly as the facilities in the Wheatfield are terrible.

Hope the club aren’t selling seats in all 4 stands. Opportunity to save money next season by closing 1 stand.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This should be fun. Can't wait for the thread to head south and I'm sure the moaners will be along soon when they have digested the statement and brochure. Or maybe not.

My increase is reasonable and I will be renewing in due course. 

:fth:

Happy enough with the statement and pricing.

Early renewal is a bit of a nuisance though.

The supporter services email address no longer works :laugh:

Need to use some pishy form on the website now. Presumably a lot of spam was getting in, but part and parcel of running a business...

Renewal Period: 21st March – 2nd May:

Supporters who wish to renew their existing season tickets must do so during this period, otherwise the seats will be released for resale. If you wish to renew but also wish to move your seat, you should still renew and you will then be given the opportunity to request a move during our transition period.

Transition Period: 2nd May – 9th May:

Fans should contact the Ticket Office to request a move.

General Sale: 10th May - Onwards: 

Tickets go on general sale, subject to availability.

39 minutes ago, BigC said:

Edit: And as an aside, a ST at Hibs for a very similar seat would cost £405. Aberdeen is £410. That’s quite a big difference.

Think it was £470 for platinum might have been £450 for a renewal though. I will renew but agree a bit steep especially as my partner is retiring in November and she/We are planning a few trips overseas so I will end up missing a good few games.

been here before

If I recall mine cist £470 for Platinum in the Wheatfield so an extra 25 sheets. It does seem a bit pricey in comparison to Hibs and Aberdeen (although Pittodrie is a hole) but to be honest 500 notes to watch the standard on offer both at Tynecastle and Scottish football overall is a bit steep.

Im not sure. There'll be plenty of walk ups next year. Might just go with that flow.

johnking123

Going to need some good signings for to justify the hikes in prices. A pre contract announcement would help and getting signings in early.

Jambof3tornado

Doesnt impact me but glad the club has spread out the ages for the youngsters tickets.

Anyone know what the income was from the 14k season tickets this year? Hard to tell given the differing prices.

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

£340 for my silver one in main stand. Can’t remember what I paid last year but happy enough with that 

I'm silver in the Wheatfield and think it was £320 last year so a £20 increase. Ok by me and I will renew as soon as I can. 

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I'm silver in the Wheatfield and think it was £320 last year so a £20 increase. Ok by me and I will renew as soon as I can. 

Yep. I get paid on Friday so will nip along with the cash

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Going to need some good signings for to justify the hikes in prices. A pre contract announcement would help and getting signings in early.

They've already said it's for the new pitch. At least, that's how I read it.

David McCaig
31 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

No extended renewal period as some were  saying was likely given the early sale.

No early bird price.

Price increase for my seat, exactly how much I’m not sure, but £495 is frankly ridiculous. Particularly as the facilities in the Wheatfield are terrible.

Hope the club aren’t selling seats in all 4 stands. Opportunity to save money next season by closing 1 stand.

No U13 category either.

As a platinum ST holder with 3 kids, two of whom would have been in U13 category, I feel very let down.

Renewal cost for next year is £1155!!

Yes, I could downgrade to Gold, but all the decent seats in those sections are gone and getting 4 seats is always a challenge. It would also result in the club receiving considerably less cash from me next season.

3fingersreid
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This should be fun. Can't wait for the thread to head south and I'm sure the moaners will be along soon when they have digested the statement and brochure. Or maybe not.

My increase is reasonable and I will be renewing in due course. 

:fth:

I say this every year and will always do so , but surely you must have a degree of sympathy for parents/carers who will now have to find a extra money for kids tickets ?

£100 extra for 2 kids tickets along with their own price increase? 

My situation is that I've got to find along with my £395 my daughters £215 ( 17 & still at secondary school) 

£610 for a slightly restricted view , it better be better ON the park next season 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

No U13 category either.

As a platinum ST holder with 3 kids, two of whom would have been in U13 category, I feel very let down.

Renewal cost for next year is £1155!!

Yes, I could downgrade to Gold, but all the decent seats in those sections are gone and getting 4 seats is always a challenge. It would also result in the club receiving considerably less cash from me next season.

That is a sore one, David.

I'm not considering STs before i've even got the Easter eggs in !!

Francis Albert

Good honest statement from Ann. None of the bullshit we read earlier in this thread about early sales being for the benefit of the fans, helping them to plan and save and so on and so forth.

Basically "we need the money for the stand".

Whole timetable brought forward together with an appeal to buy as soon as possible.

Edited by Francis Albert

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Boab said:

That is a sore one, David.

I'm not considering STs before i've even got the Easter eggs in !!

To cap it all the renewal date is considerably earlier than last year.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Good honest statement from Ann. None of the bullshit we read earlier in this thread about early sales being for the benefit of the fans, helping them to plan and save and so on and so forth.

Basically "we need the money for the stand".

Slightly disingenuous with regards to not mentioning the change to the kids pricing categories.

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Last year's

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5931

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Slightly disingenuous with regards to not mentioning the change to the kids pricing categories.

Wondered that

Just seen the change to U11 from U13. Surprised its not explained. They made a big deal of claiming credit for changing it from U12 to U13 to help people based on feedback. 

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wondered that

Just seen the change to U11 from U13. Surprised its not explained. They made a big deal of claiming credit for changing it from U12 to U13 to help people based on feedback. 

As a comparison, I paid £950 this year and it jumps to £1155 next season.

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

£75 hike for me in section T

Not worth my while renewing at that price so won't be for the first time in years.

Impossible as the biggest increase is £25 for an adult season ticket.

Renewed for my son & I, not too much damage as he's just turned 10. 

We have however been moved to Section P from the Gorgie. As I understand it, I'll have to pay the full price for Section P next season, and with my boy then be in 11 I could be in for a fright! 

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wondered that

Is the U16 ticket new?

17 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Impossible as the biggest increase is £25 for an adult season ticket.

Well i paid £320 last year and they are offering me the same seat for £395 this year.

last year we we got a £50 transitional discount because of the main stand being more expensive so there is your £25 hike, in real terms it's a £75 hike for me.