Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

That's mine and the old mans renewed. No matter how bad we are, it definitely beats IKEA on a Saturday

Which is fair enough if all of the games were on a Saturday, but if this season is anything to go by, over a third will either be midweek or Sunday.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Which is fair enough if all of the games were on a Saturday, but if this season is anything to go by, over a third will either be midweek or Sunday.

Exactly and there are more than 2 things you can do on a Saturday afternoon?!

4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

True, should have went with an IKEA season ticket instead :(

33 minutes ago, Jeff said:

True, should have went with an IKEA season ticket instead :(

Haven't been for a while, but always worth a visit for the meatballs if nothing else.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Bit harsh suggesting they'd be stealing folk's money straight from their accounts mate.  I know we're all a bit miffed but you've crossed a line there.

As for the Twitter account, ask a PHM if you know any.  It was all over social media as well as more traditional communication platforms.

If you are a PHM  you should be able to tell me all about the great twitter scandal.

I thought you were complaining about them taking money from your account for something you didn't want.

Are you now saying people have the choice whether to buy or

not ?  Scandalous !

Jasonauskas

More than a little gutted myself but it’s the same for everyone, two not being renewed here, cut off date comes too soon for me, hopefully our seats will still be available for the middle of May otherwise we will just have to pick and choose our games next season.

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

If you are a PHM  you should be able to tell me all about the great twitter scandal.

I thought you were complaining about them taking money from your account for something you didn't want.

Are you now saying people have the choice whether to buy or

not ?  Scandalous !

If you were a PHM you would know that I was a PHM.

I can see where the confusion has come in. What I have described as a PR disaster you have interpreted as theft. They are two completely separate things.

On 29/04/2018 at 10:49, Paulp74 said:

I've was thinking the same. We had built up a feel good factor at the club, after going into administration, and a bit of togetherness but this seems to have been lost over the last couple of years

This season has seen too many fans unhappy with Levein's dire boring management of our team. The games i've been to away have been so bad you get home and think why do i bother going when Levein hasn't a clue tactically. We're lucky to see a shot on goal. Our fans try and get behind the team but it's like flogging a dead horse.

On 29/04/2018 at 10:44, 132goals1958 said:

Ditto and I am nearer 75 than 70. After what has gone before if I can exercise a bit patience so can those in their prime. We are now in a better position to move forward than ever.

As a 40year old thats my thought process aswell. May not have been around to experience pre 1985 but I got brought up with a family who lived it in more ways than one.

Given the number of people who say that they're not renewing I'll be very disappointed if come Thursday there isn't a much better seat for me to move to! 

Absolute Scenes
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:44, 132goals1958 said:

Ditto and I am nearer 75 than 70. After what has gone before if I can exercise a bit patience so can those in their prime. We are now in a better position to move forward than ever.

As a younger fan, this is so encouraging to read after so many numerous negative threads on our position

to hear fans like yourselves who have followed us for so long and still showing support in this way is brilliant

I cant wait for next season

132goals1958
1 hour ago, sadj said:

As a 40year old thats my thought process aswell. May not have been around to experience pre 1985 but I got brought up with a family who lived it in more ways than one.

40 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

As a younger fan, this is so encouraging to read after so many numerous negative threads on our position

to hear fans like yourselves who have followed us for so long and still showing support in this way is brilliant

I cant wait for next season

:pimp2:

I will be going as long as my health permits.Never crosses my mind otherwise.The good lady came to accept it a long time ago.

maroonsgotop
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Set out to renew with a heavy heart ... but cheered up when I discovered I qualify (just) for the Over 65 discount. The club kindly automatically tracks your age qualification, otherwise I would have paid the full price. I think they've missed a trick by not giving you the option of paying the full price as I feel slightly guilty - but there has to be some advantages to growing old! Anyway I will find other ways of providing the club with the difference. Upping my FoH sub will presumably save the club on VAT for example.

Strangely having bit the bullet I even feel a bit more enthusiasm for the new season than I did before.

changed it this year from 1st September to 1st August. not good for those who have an August 1953 birthday and will now have to pay full whack for another year. 

Edited by maroonsgotop

Great to see positivity overcoming moaning old gits like me.  Well done 132 in particular.  He is dead right.  We are in a very strong position off the field.  Far stronger than our Pilrig chums who couldn't even dream of our new stand, are in a financial straightjacket and are managed by an uncultured wee ned.

Just a matter of time till we get it right on the field but the sooner the better.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Set out to renew with a heavy heart ... but cheered up when I discovered I qualify (just) for the Over 65 discount. The club kindly automatically tracks your age qualification, otherwise I would have paid the full price. I think they've missed a trick by not giving you the option of paying the full price as I feel slightly guilty - but there has to be some advantages to growing old! Anyway I will find other ways of providing the club with the difference. Upping my FoH sub will presumably save the club on VAT for example.

Strangely having bit the bullet I even feel a bit more enthusiasm for the new season than I did before.

Isnt that just what football is all about. Grump moan complain cheer rejoice bounce off the roof and everything in the middle but the sheer feeling of being a fan overrides all of these

On 29/04/2018 at 11:08, All Out Attack said:

I really hope so. 

This place is starting to get messy with differing views. 

We are really not in a good place. 

The question being why are Hearts fans unhappy, not buying ST's, arguing, buying ST's only because of loyalty to the club and talking about protests, emailing Ann Budge ect.

The answer is the management of the team is not fit for purpose.

Simple isn't it ! I hope there is major changes to the team and the management is improved or replaced for all our sakes.

John Findlay
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

My dad was at the 1956 Cup Final which was held in April and I was born in January 1957. 

Hmmmmm !

The Hibby next door neighbour is your real dad :cornette:. Truth will out:D.

David McCaig
20 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

changed it this year from 1st September to 1st August. not good for those who have an August 1953 birthday and will now have to pay full whack for another year. 

Great if you have a daughter born on 2nd August though ?

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

This season has seen too many fans unhappy with Levein's dire boring management of our team. The games i've been to away have been so bad you get home and think why do i bother going when Levein hasn't a clue tactically. We're lucky to see a shot on goal. Our fans try and get behind the team but it's like flogging a dead horse.

The season ticket is for home games, so just go to less away games to avoid watching dire football. You’ll also save money as away games tend to be more expensive days out. You could boycott Hearts away and just go to home games. Means you’re not hurting the club financially. Everyone’s a winner. 

1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

The season ticket is for home games, so just go to less away games to avoid watching dire football. You’ll also save money as away games tend to be more expensive days out. You could boycott Hearts away and just go to home games. Means you’re not hurting the club financially. Everyone’s a winner. 

He doesn't have a ST to not renew.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

However the fact that I have ten toes, eight fingers and two thumbs, one heid and have never donated the screaming jake to my female cousin, dispels your myth, John.

:verysmug:

Cousin? Surely you meant sister or were ya confused between Livi and Hibs

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

However the fact that I have ten toes, eight fingers and two thumbs, one heid and have never donated the screaming jake to my female cousin, dispels your myth, John.

:verysmug:

But your eyebrows meet in the middle of the back of your heid:clyay:.

All Out Attack
18 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

There is no point going to away games, if there is nothing to play for. 

Home and away games go hand in hand. 

Getintaethem

Renewed 3 season tickets today.  Normally feel a wee bit excitement after renewing, came out of the ticket office wondering about my sanity forking out all that money to watch boring, negative football through the long winter months.

Hoping that I'm pleasantly surprised and some decent signings and more positive tactics blow away my apathy.

4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Season hasn’t started. No way you’re a Hearts fan. ?

All Out Attack
Just now, Koolkeith said:

Season hasn’t started. No way you’re a Hearts fan. ?

There is no way you go to games. 

Just renewed on-line and I adopted the same attitude as I do when paying a parking fine to the council. Logged on, paid and got off as quickly as I could giving as little thought as possible to what I had just done. Doesn't seem to hurt so much that way.:facepalm: 

Things will improve - won't they?  Thing is, I'm now in my seventies and was hoping to see us win the league before I popped my clogs. 

I've renewed 4 and never considered not doing so. Also going to Kilmarnock on the 13th as my 11 year old grandson loves the Hearts and is desperate to go so why shouldn't I? We used to call it the hard core and obviously last season's total contained a few new season ticket holders without I know the blind loyalty of fans who have been ST holders for years have. Anyway what's the option - shopping with the wife on a Saturday??

42 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Is there any point going to Celtic and Hibs games this season then ?  

24 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Just renewed on-line and I adopted the same attitude as I do when paying a parking fine to the council. Logged on, paid and got off as quickly as I could giving as little thought as possible to what I had just done. Doesn't seem to hurt so much that way.:facepalm: 

Things will improve - won't they?  Thing is, I'm now in my seventies and was hoping to see us win the league before I popped my clogs. 

I'm the same hoping for a miracle. At least I can console myself that I was present to see us win two league titles in 58 and 60. Can't say I remember that much of the games but I was there.

Would never have imagined when King Willie scored the last minute equaliser against St Mirren that we would never win the league again.

We live in hope.

Edited by luckydug

45 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

There is no way you go to games. 

Obviously I do. I’m just backing my club by renewing my season ticket like I always do. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Unfortunately our appalling away form detracts from the value of an ST and the enjoyment derived from it (not that there has been a huge amount of enjoyment even at home recently). If we have a repeat of this season we will once again be watching nothing at stake games for a third of the season. And please don't try to persuade me of the joys of a battle for a top six place.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm the same hoping for a miracle. At least I can console myself that I was present to see us win two league titles in 58 and 60. Can't say I remember that much of the games but I was there.

Would never have imagined when King Willie scored the last minute equaliser against St Mirren that we would never win the league again.

We live in hope.

Same here.  I was a paperboy for Dewar's newsagent in Lauriston Place. When i delivered the Pink that evening to the fire station chief, he gave me a 10 shilling tip.  10 shillings was a fortune.

Thanks King Willie.

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Great if you have a daughter born on 2nd August though ?

same issue if kids were also 1st September last year. all August birthdays lose out for one season when their age concession ends (kids/students) or comes into force (OAPS). This was a rather sneaky change in my view  

davemclaren
12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

My dad was at the 1956 Cup Final which was held in April and I was born in January 1957. 

Hmmmmm !

I was born in March 57. Good year for Hearts babies that year apparently. 

3 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Away games are/were a great day out.

I want to enjoy away games again.

2017/18 the season that finished before it started!

2017/18 the season I used my season ticket the least amount of times ever - a true record low!

2018/19 it’s going to be great! I’ll renew!!

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Unfortunately our appalling away form detracts from the value of an ST and the enjoyment derived from it (not that there has been a huge amount of enjoyment even at home recently). If we have a repeat of this season we will once again be watching nothing at stake games for a third of the season. And please don't try to persuade me of the joys of a battle for a top six place.

Your first sentence makes no sense.

What you are saying is because we've played badly away from home you can't enjoy watching the team play better (I'm not saying great) in home matches.

Of course we want the team to be challenging and each match to be vital, but lets not kids ourselves, if we manage to end the season with two home wins, I think we might just enjoy those games, even if they are "meaningless" in terms of league position

FarmerTweedy
15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Your first sentence makes no sense.

What you are saying is because we've played badly away from home you can't enjoy watching the team play better (I'm not saying great) in home matches.

Of course we want the team to be challenging and each match to be vital, but lets not kids ourselves, if we manage to end the season with two home wins, I think we might just enjoy those games, even if they are "meaningless" in terms of league position

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but FA did actually make a bit of sense there.

Going by our last couple of home games, the 3-0 win against Partick and the 2-0 win against Aberdeen, both were actually fairly good performances and good results, but it was very difficult to get excited or enthused about either of them to any degree because of the fact that they were games of little significance due to our league position.

Had we been right in the mix for 2nd place, those games would have felt far more exciting even if there was no difference to what actually happened on the field. Our poor away form is a substantial factor in us not being in the hunt for 2nd.

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but FA did actually make a bit of sense there.

Going by our last couple of home games, the 3-0 win against Partick and the 2-0 win against Aberdeen, both were actually fairly good performances and good results, but it was very difficult to get excited or enthused about either of them to any degree because of the fact that they were games of little significance due to our league position.

Had we been right in the mix for 2nd place, those games would have felt far more exciting even if there was no difference to what actually happened on the field. Our poor away form is a substantial factor in us not being in the hunt for 2nd.

Fair enough.

However FA says that our away form "detracts from the value of an ST".

Watching Hearts play well and winning regardless of what's at stake is always enjoyable.

Just renewed my season ticket so I am now looking forward to the maximum 4 games next season that will be worth going to. So nearly £125 per game and an absolute bargain. The drawback is that you have to go to all 18/19 to get the 20% that are worth it. 

I am not a happy camper as IMHO we have been going backwards since, before season end, when Hearts won the Championship with a change in style from free flowing attacking to holding and frustrating. 

The current custodians of our club seem to be of the opinion that we do not require to be entertained on the park.

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I was born in March 57. Good year for Hearts babies that year apparently. 

Feb 57 for me

Hashimoto

DoB....July 57.....Think my auld man enjoyed the 56 season a wee bit too much!

Don't know if it's been mentioned but meant to be just under 7000 season tickets sold by the end of business on Friday 

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, Shedro said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but meant to be just under 7000 season tickets sold by the end of business on Friday 

Worryingly if true, 

Just now, Old Castle Rock said:

Worryingly if true, 

Came from a boy who works in the ticket office 

6 minutes ago, Shedro said:

2 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Worryingly if true, 

Realistically we have a core of around 8000 diehard fans who buy season tickets every season without fail. This is about the same as FOH pledgers, so I think this is about right just now. The other season ticket holders are likely to be the ones who are swithering about renewal and perhaps looking for some "good" news before committing to shelling out their hard earned.

7 minutes ago, Shedro said:

Came from a boy who works in the ticket office 

I don’t believe it.  If we were seeing a near 50% reduction in season ticket sales the club would be more proactive in pushing renewals.

Beast Boy
21 minutes ago, Shedro said:

At this stage of sales last season, someone was insisting we had only sold 3/4k. Turned out to be total bobbins and we had reached 10k mark. I’ll await the official word again. :lol: