Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

get there early. big queues on Tuesday

Time do you reckon? Driving through from Glasgow. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Surely over 13,000 now??!!

and heading to ~14,000 by the 31st?!

c’mon Gorgie Boys!!

Image result for careful now

gashauskis9

Quick question folks.  I had a season ticket for years and after a few years out due to living away/kids etc I’m getting back on the wagon.  This time round, I’m getting 2 for my kids as well, but I don’t envisage they’ll want to go to every game and I certainly won’t entertain taking them to OF games just yet.  

How easy would it be for me to have their seats upgraded to adult tickets for the games they can’t go to so instead I can take a couple of mates?  Do the club support doing this?  Wouldn’t mind if it would involve paying full price for those games.  Saves having 2 empty seats those weeks.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Quick question folks.  I had a season ticket for years and after a few years out due to living away/kids etc I’m getting back on the wagon.  This time round, I’m getting 2 for my kids as well, but I don’t envisage they’ll want to go to every game and I certainly won’t entertain taking them to OF games just yet.  

How easy would it be for me to have their seats upgraded to adult tickets for the games they can’t go to so instead I can take a couple of mates?  Do the club support doing this?  Wouldn’t mind if it would involve paying full price for those games.  Saves having 2 empty seats those weeks.

I think you can upgrade in the ticket office. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I've got season tickets for my kids and do this all the time for games in midweek because school nights and it's not a problem just go into ticket office or over the phone which a do 

gashauskis9
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've got season tickets for my kids and do this all the time for games in midweek because school nights and it's not a problem just go into ticket office or over the phone which a do 

Ace.  Is it full price or do they charge the difference between an adult and kids ticket?  Just for interest.

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Time do you reckon? Driving through from Glasgow. 

I would say no later than 2.15pm

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Chill mate, fs. It was a reference to the insinuation made by the club to the singing section regarding their chosen name, asking for trouble.

IT WAS A JOKE. 

I've not read much of the thread your referring to, but from what you are saying it suggest that the club are disappointed that the singing section are referring to themselves as the Gorgie Boys, as it has the potential to cause trouble. Think it is something I may have to bring up with the club and ask them what their thoughts are on the T-Shirt I bought which has Gorgie Boys printed on it. Oh, and I better throw into the conversation I bought it in the club shop as an official club product.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've not read much of the thread your referring to, but from what you are saying it suggest that the club are disappointed that the singing section are referring to themselves as the Gorgie Boys, as it has the potential to cause trouble. Think it is something I may have to bring up with the club and ask them what their thoughts are on the T-Shirt I bought which has Gorgie Boys printed on it. Oh, and I better throw into the conversation I bought it in the club shop as an official club product.

That was what was being implied by the club in an email to one off the members off the section. Absolutely laughable! Completely out off touch. Hopefully the individual is told as much by the club!! 

Count today at 5.30pm. 

Wheatfield   -      892

Roseburn     -    1167

Main             -      583

Gorgie          -      487

Total             -    3129

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 12,805 sold. (+43 from yesterday evening's count).

Strong sales today. If these figures are close to accurate for regular sales, we should be well over 13,000 sold, including hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA season tickets - assuming sales in these categories are similar to last season..

21 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Apart from Clerry's 8, any guesses for today's sales?

Somewhere between 15 and 51

Benny Factor
4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Ace.  Is it full price or do they charge the difference between an adult and kids ticket?  Just for interest.

Just get the 3 adult tickets bought and the club's got a nice wee donation if the 2 do go, ya tight wad!!! :)

John Findlay

Forget ST sales for a moment. The important question is. Did Scott and family arrive safely at their destination?

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, Cyril Sneer said:

Just get the 3 adult tickets bought and the club's got a nice wee donation if the 2 do go, ya tight wad!!! :)

If only I had an extra 400 quid.

Benny Factor
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If only I had an extra 400 quid.

I was the same when it came to renewing. Don't know know whether to be happy or sad that the wee man isn't really interested in football, as i would have loved him to go, but it's another lot of money added to your outgoings. 

Jaap's Sigh
43 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count today at 5.30pm. 

Wheatfield   -      892

Roseburn     -    1167

Main             -      583

Gorgie          -      487

Total             -    3129

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 12,805 sold. (+43 from yesterday evening's count).

Strong sales today. If these figures are close to accurate for regular sales, we should be well over 13,000 sold, including hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA season tickets - assuming sales in these categories are similar to last season..

43 tickets sold between yesterday and today really is quite something. What’s caused the upsurge? I wonder if the Lafferty situation has brought some angry Jambos out to show their support. I know there’s a thread for it but thatvRangers bid has really riled me up and going by the thread on it, quite a few others are pissed off with it too. Could be a show of solidarity. 

Just now, Jaap's Sigh said:

43 tickets sold between yesterday and today really is quite something. What’s caused the upsurge? I wonder if the Lafferty situation has brought some angry Jambos out to show their support. I know there’s a thread for it but thatvRangers bid has really riled me up and going by the thread on it, quite a few others are pissed off with it too. Could be a show of solidarity. 

I imagine the deadline of 31st July to buy a season ticket for all matches has more to do with it. Sales might well be healthy on Monday and Tuesday too, especially if things go our way against Inverness.

Why can't we sell STs until the end of Aug as we have only 1 league game until then.

I know there was the MF factor last year but im sure we sold them right up to late August last season? 

Dougie Masterton

It may have something to do with tickets paid for by credit cards. This money I believe is released game by game by the credit card companies, if tickets are sold after the first game it would mess up payments. 

11 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

It may have something to do with tickets paid for by credit cards. This money I believe is released game by game by the credit card companies, if tickets are sold after the first game it would mess up payments. 

That's my understanding as well, but surely we could still sell STs on the basis that credit card payment was no longer an option.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's my understanding as well, but surely we could still sell STs on the basis that credit card payment was no longer an option.

I think it’s mire likely due to individual match tickets going in sale and the online system won’t cope with both types of tickets on sale. 

Carl Fredrickson

I took the kids to Gorgie City Farm today and couldnt get parked in McLeod Street due to it being so busy. 43 sales today doesnt surprise me.

jacklivi1874
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Why can't we sell STs until the end of Aug as we have only 1 league game until then.

I know there was the MF factor last year but im sure we sold them right up to late August last season? 

Yep 

I expect if someone was to roll up at the ticket office after the deadline and ask to buy a ST they would be sold one.

As long as they understand that due to the sale of match tickets their choice would be limited.

I'd be amazed if the club was to turn away good money although going by recent events anythings possible. 

heartsfc_fan
3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

True. What happens if Hearts have a great start to the season? Surely they won't turn away people who want to purchase season tickets.

12 hours ago, Dougie Masterton said:

I think that would be easy to workaround. This week they owe us £1,000,000 to be split over 18/19/20 games (guess they don’t know that bit so have agreed a number due to the split).

After match 1, they would just add the season ticket sale price to the pot split by the remaining number of games.

By the light

It was the last payday before season starts on Friday just passed. Probably the reason for the boost to sales. 

19 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Easy peasy maye, just call the week before and they issue a paper adult ticket. Did it loads last year for midweek games etc as my kids are wee.

scott herbertson
13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s mire likely due to individual match tickets going in sale and the online system won’t cope with both types of tickets on sale. 

Pretty sure its that.

i suggested tplast year we could have sold tickets for the first game only in the Roseburn and continued to sell other stand season tickets. However this wouldn’t be possible for the Celtic game. Maybe continue season ticket sales in the main stand only and for category B (Roseburn) until the next home game goes on sale in mid August.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Was there a deadline last season? 

Yes, at least in the sense they took the season ticket offer down online the minute they sold tickets for the first game

10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

And 27 today, though I don’t look it

I admire your optimism - I think that would be some kind of Sunday season ticket sales record!

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I admire your optimism - I think that would be some kind of Sunday season ticket sales record!

Not a normal Sunday as I assume the shop and ticket office will be open pre match and for many it will be the last chance to visit and choose seats over the counter

So looks like we’ll break the 13k barrier and probably only be a few hundred short on last season. Hardly the disaster predicted by some on here. 

Edited by Koolkeith

15 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

We will, but Hearts need to take ST sales offline and do them via the TO or over the phone instead because they'll start selling individual match tickets online.

It would require an extra ticket for any match where the individual match ticket for that seat had been sold, which is why it needs to be done by the TO.

7 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Not a normal Sunday as I assume the shop and ticket office will be open pre match and for many it will be the last chance to visit and choose seats over the counter

Count today at 6pm. 

Wheatfield   -      887

Roseburn     -    1161

Main             -      576

Gorgie          -      478

Total             -    3102

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 12,832 sold. (+27 from yesterday evening's count).

Scott - your optimism was well placed - and accurate!

davemclaren
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Count today at 6pm. 

Wheatfield   -      887

Roseburn     -    1161

Main             -      576

Gorgie          -      478

Total             -    3102

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 12,832 sold. (+27 from yesterday evening's count).

Scott - your optimism was well placed - and accurate!

Two days to go. Hopefully today’s result will encourage a few last minute renewals. 

Jaap's Sigh
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Two days to go. Hopefully today’s result will encourage a few last minute renewals. 

Saved me writing this out. The last 2 games (albeit against lesser opponents) have give cause for optimism.