The Beast from the East

Swanny17

Nucky Thompson

I just spoke to my mate and he's pishing himself laughing. He nipped into his local shop for fags and the place was mobbed with people panic buying bread and milk :laugh:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I just spoke to my mate and he's pishing himself laughing. He nipped into his local shop for fags and the place was mobbed with people panic buying bread and milk :laugh:

giphy.gif

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

giphy.gif

Oh it's true alright, they ran out of the stuff. Fecking sad cases :laugh:

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

‘Some policies are mate, got to read the small print.

That's simply not true

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Cropcirclette left Bathgate at 2 on the way to the honest toon diverted to her maws in piltonia at 5.30. Nae eastenders or any o that shoite on the Tv in here the night❄️?

Result:pleasing:.

1 hour ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I was living in gorebridge at the time and the buses were definitely cancelled at least one of the days 

I live in Gorebridge.

Earlier they were avoiding the steep hill by the dump and going along the A7 into Birkenside.

Carl Fredrickson
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I live in Gorebridge.

Earlier they were avoiding the steep hill by the dump and going along the A7 into Birkenside.

At one point the buses were stuck going up the Main Street from the train station and the road up to Gowkshill and the Auld Toll road were both blocked with traffic too. The only road out was the road to Vogrie. 

Today was a tea and Netflix day and I think tomorrow may be the same.

Francis Albert

Edinburgh is often derided as an unfriendly  city but four times this afternoon my useless rear wheel drive car slithered to a halt. In each case I was offered assistance by passing motorists or pedestrians within a minute or two, in one case  at least half a dozen shoving me up the hill from Morningside to Bruntsfield. THANKS TO THEM ALL.

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That's simply not true

Your insurance cover should remain valid whatever the weather, but it shouldn’t mean driving without giving heed to the red alert for snow.

If your insurance company can prove contributory negligence on your part, your claim might be questioned, and any pay-out reduced.

Edit: my mate who’s an insurance broker told me that some aren’t covered, knowing I’d post it on here and I did (dumbass taxi driver:laugh:) I believed him and he thinks it’s very funny...erse:mad:

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Edinburgh is often derided as an unfriendly  city but four times this afternoon my useless rear wheel drive car slithered to a halt. In each case I was offered assistance by passing motorists or pedestrians within a minute or two, in one case  at least half a dozen shoving me up the hill from Morningside to Bruntsfield. THANKS TO THEM ALL.

That is good to hear. I mind in 2009 & 2010 lots of neighbours rallying round clearing paths, pushing cars etc. The only one not getting involved was my torn faced hibee neighbour. I moved from that house on 14th May 2012 so I only had a couple of days to rub his miserable old face in the 5-1 score. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Should have all the community service/payback order clowns out shovelling the essential parts of town. 

Just not the the primary schools for the nonces.

10 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

At one point the buses were stuck going up the Main Street from the train station and the road up to Gowkshill and the Auld Toll road were both blocked with traffic too. The only road out was the road to Vogrie. 

Today was a tea and Netflix day and I think tomorrow may be the same.

Yep. Got off the train at 2pm and waded up to my estate. Tbh the borders line trains are brilliant, could've probably kept going but Scotrail have put a blanket (heh) ban on them till at least 10am tomorrow in the red zone.

A JCB just came into our street about 15 mins ago to clear the snow and left. Now it's a blizzard ?

2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Just drove up from Manchester to Edinburgh, A702 was a sight to behold :lol:

You're braver than I am!

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Just drove up from Manchester to Edinburgh, A702 was a sight to behold :lol:

Shitebag should'e used the beeftub 701

7 minutes ago, King prawn said:

You're braver than I am!

Left about half 2 this afternoon and just home now! Was right behind a snowplough on the A702, never been happier to be stuck behind one before :lol:

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Do you drive a BMW? :lol:

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Do you drive a BMW? :lol:

Haha, piece of shit in the snow...no wait, a piece of shit anyway:laugh:

Francis might drive a Mercedes. Or a Lexus.

Or a 16 year old Vauxhall Omega. The V6 model. They were RW drive.

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Francis might drive a Mercedes. Or a Lexus.

Or a 16 year old Vauxhall Omega. The V6 model. They were RW drive.

This is a good game. Also slightly denting my attempt to reclaim Edinburgh as a friendly city.

In the tradition of the "where is this?" thread no points yet!

And in the same tradition a wee clue. It is not a vintage Hillman Imp.

5 hours ago, marriott said:

Driving home from work along the M8 Harthill just now, there were big ice cubes on my wipers so the actual rubbber was about 10cm away from my window.

Could hardly see a thing as it was a bit of a blizzard also just a tiny bit of window to peek out of where my ice cube was scraping against the glass. Suddenly cars and lorries in front started slamming on the anchors, I slid into hard shoulder just missing truck in front, turns out some bimbo had just stopped on motorway and was out scraping her front window.

Some people should just stay at home in this weather :rifle:

Nothing new in this, but you should have cleared your windows and wipers properly before setting off.  30 seconds of effort to make things safe could save your life, and others. 

I can't stand people who don't know how to drive safely in the snow, but this seriously gave me the rage. 

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This is a good game. Also slightly denting my attempt to reclaim Edinburgh as a friendly city.

In the tradition of the "where is this?" thread no points yet!

And in the same tradition a wee clue. It is not a vintage Hillman Imp.

? A Jenson Interceptor.

No idea...

Carl Fredrickson
49 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

All for rubbing it in Carl but you moved out 5 days before the final!?

:jj_facepalm:Fecking erse that I am. We moved the Monday after the final. 21st May. Got the keys on 14th.

Old age doesnt come by itself.

Back on topic - still snowing in Gorebridge. . 

Is almost approaching 2010 levels now. Although this will only last a couple of days and not a full month.

35 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Nothing new in this, but you should have cleared your windows and wipers properly before setting off.  30 seconds of effort to make things safe could save your life, and others. 

I can't stand people who don't know how to drive safely in the snow, but this seriously gave me the rage. 

Sick of this now STFU and direct your rage on someone else.

Windows and wipers were cleared all round car was spotless when i left work car park.

When you drive through what I drove through for the length of time I did these things happen and I wasn't alone.

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

? A Jenson Interceptor.

No idea...

OK we have to fritter away these snow- bound hours somehow (and I didn't start it) but you are warm on two counts

1 hour ago, jake said:

Shitebag should'e used the beeftub 701

Was on the B709 at the start of this month (February), which is the other Moffat road, fecking hell what a crap road, if the huge potholes weren't enough, it had snowed the day before then froze overnight, one track in the frozen ruts, trying to avoid the pot holes and just to make it interesting trying to keep the car from sliding down the 100+ ft sheer fecking drops, I think the most we done was 25 mph and were still slipping and sliding all over the ice covered roads, and we have a 4wd, feck trying to do that road in anything other than a 4wd.

Been a while since we did that road to Moffat via the Gordon Arms & St. Mary's Loch, it'll be even longer until we do it again.

Cairneyhill Jambo
7 minutes ago, marriott said:

Windows and wipers were cleared all round car was spotless when i left work car park.

When you drive through what I drove through for the length of time I did these things happen and I wasn't alone.

Agreed. I had to drive from Dunfermline to Edinburgh Airport today and the wiper blades were spotless when i left. The weather was extreme today and the car was totally icing over. 

32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK we have to fritter away these snow- bound hours somehow (and I didn't start it) but you are warm on two counts

Well clearly you should have bought the FF 

52 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Jaguar then

jamtartan74

Snow is crazy right now in Livingston, easily the worst snow since 2010, was sent home from work about 6pm and no idea about tomorrow if the place will be open, at this rate I doubt it very much. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

British and Grand Touring car?

Bentley Continental, perhaps? ;)

Stewie Griffin
4 hours ago, graygo said:

You sure they didn't just not go further than Dalkeith, happened quite often for Gorebridge and Mayfield.

On the day I was thinking of Cameron toll was as far as they were going, 

so not cancelled I guess but as good as for most people 

1 hour ago, marriott said:

Instead of telling me to shut the **** up, how about you ****ing pull over and sort your car next time, instead of potentially killing someone on the road because you can't see properly out of it. 

Nice to wake up in the middle of the night to see a text saying not to attempt to get to work until at least 10am :lol:

C'Mon snow, keep falling! 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

? A Jenson Interceptor.

No idea...

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

"No idea"?

Try frittering away snowbound months. :mad:

We have  had a couple of those storms this year, municipality out at night with snow plows, personal vehicle warmed up before starting to drive, heater set at windshield defrost and rear window defrost, good  snow tires, of course all snow swept off car before taking off, drive carefully according to conditions, not a problem. This area is not known for its hard winters, but most of us know the basics and practise them. Most of the vehicles that get into trouble are not properly equipped with proper tires, buses the worst offenders especially on hills, but I can't say I have seen it when everything stops.  A few nights in the last couple of weeks have been down to -18, and even -20, which is cold. Me not the brightest I guess but I retired early so I pick and choose when I go out.

J.T.F.Robertson
10 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

We have  had a couple of those storms this year, municipality out at night with snow plows, personal vehicle warmed up before starting to drive, heater set at windshield defrost and rear window defrost, good  snow tires, of course all snow swept off car before taking off, drive carefully according to conditions, not a problem. This area is not known for its hard winters, but most of us know the basics and practise them. Most of the vehicles that get into trouble are not properly equipped with proper tires, buses the worst offenders especially on hills, but I can't say I have seen it when everything stops.  A few nights in the last couple of weeks have been down to -18, and even -20, which is cold. Me not the brightest I guess but I retired early so I pick and choose when I go out.

Even when we were out your way before Christmas, Bob, I was surprised at the amount of snow. It was feckin miserable, to be honest and it's been no better here this winter, sick of looking at the feckin stuff.

Told to stay home..

:omg!: :clyay:

Unless there's an improvement..

:muggy::sob:

Archived