The Beast from the East

Swanny17

The Future's Maroon

Someon just told me they seen on the news the National Grid have said they might run out of gas before the end of the day, mainly cos so many folk are off work and the network is using much more than normal?!

Edit....I thought this must be bollocks, quick google and....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/01/uk-is-running-out-of-gas-national-grid-warns-freezing-weather

households shouldn't be affected.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier on,  my boredom ordered 30 blabs worth of cheap summer t-shirts that I don't need,  or want.

3fingersreid
38 minutes ago, Boris said:

Nah, don't have one of them either. :-(

Very odd

Leave a hot water tap slightly open so if it is a frozen pipe the water will expand out the tap ,reducing the chance of a pipe bursting (that’s only reducing the chance mind ) . Got this bit advice from a plumber years ago .

23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Arrived in the office this morning after walking through deep snow, switched on my PC to find an e-mail telling us not to come into the office today.

How the feck can I read an office e-mail without coming into the office ???? :blink:

And before anyone says it, my personal phone is not connected to the office network

:P Got a text at 06.30 this morning saying 'despite your invaluable commitment and dedication to the company and your extraordinary efficiency and productivity figures, please do not attempt to come in to the office today as it is closed'............................................some of that statement is true.

The Treasurer
Just now, JWL said:

:P Got a text at 06.30 this morning saying 'despite your invaluable commitment and dedication to the company and your extraordinary efficiency and productivity figures, please do not attempt to come in to the office today as it is closed'............................................some of that statement is true.

Take it that it was a wrong number

deesidejambo
2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Leave a hot water tap slightly open so if it is a frozen pipe the water will expand out the tap ,reducing the chance of a pipe bursting (that’s only reducing the chance mind ) . Got this bit advice from a plumber years ago .

Need a heating engineer to comment but its a combi boiler so to have the hot system blocked by a frozen pipe inside the house sounds wierd.

3 minutes ago, JWL said:

I keep getting those but go in anyway.  But still keep getting them.    

1 minute ago, deesidejambo said:

Need a heating engineer to comment but its a combi boiler so to have the hot system blocked by a frozen pipe inside the house sounds wierd.

Is there a pipe running out the house to get rid of condensate from the boiler?

deesidejambo
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That could be it but his central heating water is circulating and heating fine (I think) so the boiler must be working.

But I'm an amateur so maybe I'm talking shite.

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Cheers.  Got my kitchen tap open.

Assuming as all taps not getting water through it's the one nearest the boiler that is frozen?

Huh. According to my wife, it's entirely inappropriate to make a snow ****** and balls for your children's snowmen. 

Who'd have thunk it? 

deesidejambo
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Cheers.  Got my kitchen tap open.

Assuming as all taps not getting water through it's the one nearest the boiler that is frozen?

Correct it must be the boiler outlet  - if your CH is working then I assume it cant be the condensate outlet (if there is one) on a combi boiler so all thats left is the hot outlet to the taps.

But hopefully a CH poster will be along soon - or they may all be out on calls!

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

Huh. According to my wife, it's entirely inappropriate to make a snow ****** and balls for your children's snowmen. 

Who'd have thunk it? 

You should be looking for your daughters white hairband instead of building rude snowmen!

2 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

Correct it must be the boiler outlet  - if your CH is working then I assume it cant be the condensate outlet (if there is one) on a combi boiler so all thats left is the hot outlet to the taps.

But hopefully a CH poster will be along soon - or they may all be out on calls!

Thanks for that, kinda confirms my non-plumbing / central heating experience!

Appreciated.

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Earlier on,  my boredom ordered 30 blabs worth of cheap summer t-shirts that I don't need,  or want.

Mine baked Cheese Scones which it transpires are fecking awesome with half an inch of butter and raspberry jam on them.

Who knew?

10 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You should be looking for your daughters white hairband instead of building rude snowmen!

Honestly, I spent aaaaages looking for it last night when they were sleeping, but it looks like the snow fairy must have taken it. 

That's what I told her, anyway. I think the fool totally bought it too. Kids are stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Honestly, I spent aaaaages looking for it last night when they were sleeping, but it looks like the snow fairy must have taken it. 

That's what I told her, anyway. I think the fool totally bought it too. Kids are stupid. 

And she’ll bring it back when the snow melts?

:lol:

The Old Tolbooth
30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It's not that as you'd also get a fault code on the boiler, but just on the off chance that anyone is actually suffering from a frozen condy pipe, then here's how to safely defrost the damn thing. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=worcester+bosch+frozen+condensate+pipe

...a bit disco

Dug out the front path and driveway and cleared the car.

Covered again already.

Snow is a bit of a dick really.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Dug out the front path and driveway and cleared the car.

Covered again already.

I'm a bit of a dick really.

FTFY  :thumbsup: 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, graygo said:

FTFY  :thumbsup: 

Words fail me.

But true in this instance.

:sad:

8 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Words fail me.

But true in this instance.

:sad:

The wife wanted me to clear the snow in front of the house, she's a dick as well  :rofl: 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

The wife wanted me to clear the snow in front of the house, she's a dick as well  :rofl: 

:lol:

My work is closed until Monday.

Need to work from home though.  Also, supposed to be in Edinburgh sat/sun for a conference thing.

Might make that but who knows?  Kirkcaldy currently resembling Siberia.

Back from Arthur seat sledging. 

People walking along the royal mile with skies on :cornette:

34 minutes ago, graygo said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gashauskis9

I see Jake Humphreys from BT Sport has been bombing about Norwich in his 4x4 running errands and helping folk out.  Top lad ???.

davemclaren
Just now, westbow said:

Stuck in house with wife and kids or clear path....which is more stressful? Cleared path and knocked off a few icicles for good measure.

I have a self shovelling drive. Guaranteed to be snow free in a few days. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I have a self shovelling drive. Guaranteed to be snow free in a few days. 

image.thumb.png.5a02adb8df345d8c288e8db474c12d0b.png

Snow blower would be great but would have to be kept in the garage. The garage which is curently snow bound with 4 foot drifts up it.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, JWL said:

The office is closed is the true part ^_^.

I stopped at a local shop and on my way out a young woman approached me asking if I had jump leads..all this whilst the snow was at it's hight and the wind blowing he snow all over the place.

I had to help of course and the fact she was very nice looking had nothing to do with it.

Brought out the jump leads and of course she had no idea of what to do so down to me to fit them up whilst she stayed in the car. Got her car started then went to undo the leads only for her to switch her engine off, thank me and then seemed to think that simply starting the engine had fixed it and the car would start as normal in the future !!!!!

Had to get her to restart the engine again with the leads and then give her a stern lecture to keep the engine running this time and if possible keep it running for a while

Where have all the DIY car skills gone ?

luckyBatistuta

Went along to the shops today. Got yo the milk and there was only about 10 bottles left. I got myself a six pint and left watching everyone trying to get what was left. I get to the counter and there is a guy with 14 six pint bottles and the staff served him. I asked the staff member why they were letting him have so much when they knew there was so many wanting it and they just shrugged their shoulders. Think I maybe should have posted this on the seethe thread.

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Went along to the shops today. Got yo the milk and there was only about 10 bottles left. I got myself a six pint and left watching everyone trying to get what was left. I get to the counter and there is a guy with 14 six pint bottles and the staff served him. I asked the staff member why they were letting him have so much when they knew there was so many wanting it and they just shrugged their shoulders. Think I maybe should have posted this on the seethe thread.

Probably for a coffee shop, still totally selfish tho.

Went round to the shop this morning.Outside a car spinning and skidding without moving anywhere got what I wanted and some 10 mins later car outside was still going nowhere.They live round the corner from me only about 5 or 6 mins walk to the shop :lol:

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I hope it all goes off before the fecker can use it all :leveinnaturalorder:

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

The wee man and I have had a productive day. 

f1366cd7-4f1d-4710-b4f9-592b007d4d7b.jpg

POST OF THE DAY

Edit: what’s with the green hat?

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, westbow said:

Probably for a coffee shop, still totally selfish tho.

Totally mate, hate folk like that.

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I hope it all goes off before the fecker can use it all :leveinnaturalorder:

‘Here’s hoping:clyay:

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not just that, I believe that if you attempt to clear the snow and someone slips on it you are open to being sued.

Wouldn’t surprise me. 

andyscott82
17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

POST OF THE DAY

Edit: what’s with the green hat?

? It's got some sort of monster face on it. Used one of the bairn's old ones so I didn't ruin any of mine!

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Cabin fever starting to set in in the Graygo and disco household :rofl:

Getting serious here mate.

I'm stuck on The Last Of Us!

Jambo-Jimbo

Opened my front door this morning only to be greeted by this.

image.thumb.jpeg.e12220cd9e17c8ecdda746c0429e169e.jpeg

There is supposed to be a step below the door stop as well.

Archived