The Beast from the East

Swanny17

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Had a few magpies as well. 

Beautiful but can bolt as one of them killed a blackbird chick last summer. We had a nest and no sooner had one fledged than it got it's feckin neck broken. 

Not pretty as it wasn't instant by the look of it.

Hate Magpies, seen them gang up and attack quite a few birds in my garden, thugs of the bird world they are.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg James the Radio 1 presenter has just made it to the top of Scafell Pike in poor conditions. A climber died yesterday on Scafell Pike which makes me think why bother?

It's just silly putting yourself in that sort of danger.

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hate Magpies, seen them gang up and attack quite a few birds in my garden, thugs of the bird world they are.

Crows in evening dress that's all they are. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Greg James the Radio 1 presenter has just made it to the top of Scafell Pike in poor conditions. A climber died yesterday on Scafell Pike which makes me think why bother?

It's just silly putting yourself in that sort of danger.

Selfish #### mate, as it’s not just himself he’s endangering. The folk who might have to rescue him in these conditions, may have to risk theirs.

Wester Hailes Road,  Clovenstone - Lanark Road was eventful.      Everybody using every bit of both carriageways to try to reach the top.     Wacky Races.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s like the day after tomorrow in Midlothian! Plenty tramps on the bus as well but no dogs. 

Friday?

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Blizzard conditions in gilmerton. Was going to get off the bus and walk to newtongrange but bugger that! Can hardly see. 

Glorious sunshine in Fife.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I'm glad I filled up the bird feeder this morning. I've never seen such a long queue of different kinds of birds eager to nibble my seeds. Loads of tits about too - I normally don't see that many. I'm glad I was able to give them something to munch on in this weather.

Seriously, get a bird feeder out. It will make a difference.

Oficially tit Monday?

luckyBatistuta

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Crows in evening dress that's all they are. 

They’ve even started a singing section :o

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Selfish #### mate, as it’s not just himself he’s endangering. The folk who might have to rescue him in these conditions, may have to risk theirs.

That's my thinking too.

Is Ben Nevis a part of the three peaks challenge he's trying to complete? Surely the BBC won't let him attempt that in -18 degrees after the weather warnings broadcasted today.

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Had a few magpies as well. 

Beautiful but can bolt as one of them killed a blackbird chick last summer. We had a nest and no sooner had one fledged than it got it's feckin neck broken. 

Not pretty as it wasn't instant by the look of it.

Yup, those magpies can be complete feckers. It's a shame as they are indeed beautiful birds and it's nice to see them foraging in pairs, with one acting the lookout while the other feeds and then swapping about. There are quite a few in the area but I never see them at the birdfeeder.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Ha ha. Nah, the fillum. Looks like working from home for me tomorrow, if I ever make it home that is. 

If if I don’t, I bequeath my 2012 cup final clock from hospitality to JKB. I’ve cunningly taken the battery out  and set the time permanently to ‘ 5 to 1’.

Legend. 

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fecking ridiculous the way this country panics about a wee dusting of snow. Closing schools :jj_facepalm:

How do they cope in Norway or Canada?

It's true what they say, the UK has turned into a country of bed wetters

:cornette_dog:

Just now, micole said:

Stopped at the lights in the Pans this chap looked in.

FB_IMG_1519836386152.jpg

it was a distraction, they will have had your car up on bricks in seconds

Driving home from work along the M8 Harthill just now, there were big ice cubes on my wipers so the actual rubbber was about 10cm away from my window.

Could hardly see a thing as it was a bit of a blizzard also just a tiny bit of window to peek out of where my ice cube was scraping against the glass. Suddenly cars and lorries in front started slamming on the anchors, I slid into hard shoulder just missing truck in front, turns out some bimbo had just stopped on motorway and was out scraping her front window.

Some people should just stay at home in this weather :rifle:

2 minutes ago, marriott said:

Driving home from work along the M8 Harthill just now, there were big ice cubes on my wipers so the actual rubbber was about 10cm away from my window.

Could hardly see a thing as it was a bit of a blizzard also just a tiny bit of window to peek out of where my ice cube was scraping against the glass. Suddenly cars and lorries in front started slamming on the anchors, I slid into hard shoulder just missing truck in front, turns out some bimbo had just stopped on motorway and was out scraping her front window.

Some people should just stay at home in this weather :rifle:

You being one of them if all that is true.  :cornette:

Wife's work has her staying in the Radisson tonight.Was meant to be staying there Thursday anyway but just told her to add tonight as well.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You being one of them if all that is true.  :cornette:

True mate hindsight is a wonderful thing, after 30 years of driving in the snow I should have foreseen that ice cubes would form on my wiper blades as it happens all the time :huh2:

1 minute ago, marriott said:

True mate hindsight is a wonderful thing, after 30 years of driving in the snow I should have foreseen that ice cubes would form on my wiper blades as it happens all the time :huh2:

Was it absolutely necessary for you to travel today?

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

My bin hasn’t been emptied.

workshy arseholes!

::troll::

I was starting to mellow out till you brought it to my attention :mad:

Just now, redjambo said:

Was it absolutely necessary for you to travel today?

FFS. It's like talking to my parents on here.

Anyway to answer no probably not, but like thousands of others though I made it to work as was OK this morning, I heeded the warning to leave work early and drove home cautiously and made it home safe. I probably won't go in tomorrow. 

Now can we all stop picking on me and concentrate on the bimbo who just stopped on the inside lane of a busy M8 :mad:

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was starting to mellow out till you brought it to my attention :mad:

:gok:

Anyway to answer no probably not, but like thousands of others though I made it to work as was OK this morning, I heeded the warning to leave work early and drove home cautiously and made it home safe. I probably won't go in tomorrow. 

Now can we all stop picking on me and concentrate on the bimbo who just stopped on the inside lane of a busy M8 :mad:

:ruiner:

The roads are fine. Get yer motorbikes out. 

I'l be off tomorrow though. Got computer games to play. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

The roads are fine. Get yer motorbikes out. 

I'l be off tomorrow though. Got computer games to play. 

Talking of motorbikes I'm meant to be starting my DAS on Saturday  :( 

Aye, well perhaps you should have listened to your parents more. :)

We knew today was going to be bad and, despite starting off well, would get worse as the day went on. It's Scotland's first ever red snow warning. There is a likelihood of fatalities and the authorities have warned against non-essential travel. Don't deflect onto the "bimbo". She probably couldn't see a fecking thing and so decided, although it was dangerous, that her only choice was to risk stopping and try to clear her windscreen.

God help you if there's ever a zombie apocalypse.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Talking of motorbikes I'm meant to be starting my DAS on Saturday  :( 

Just keep your feet on the floor and you'll be fine. 

Turn left, open the throttle and you've just learnt how to do donuts lol

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Seen this get shared on social media. Some skills from the bus driver to avoid catastrophe!

Although he was probably going too fast for the conditions, nice driving indeed!

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Red Cross handing out bedding to those “stranded” in Glasgow Airport overnight.

Good job they’ve still got some leftover after giving those blankets to Syrian kids.Must be unspeakable conditions in the terminal.

In more danger of going into debt, from buying a pint & a sandwich.

Probably just putting their logistics into practice. Always good training.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Aye, well perhaps you should have listened to your parents more. :)

We knew today was going to be bad and, despite starting off well, would get worse as the day went on. It's Scotland's first ever red snow warning. There is a likelihood of fatalities and the authorities have warned against non-essential travel. Don't deflect onto the "bimbo". She probably couldn't see a fecking thing and so decided, although it was dangerous, that her only choice was to risk stopping and try to clear her windscreen.

God help you if there's ever a zombie apocalypse.

1) There's a hard shoulder

2) Was almost at Harthill Services

3) I'm sure her company 4 x 4 has hazard lights fitted

Anyway this is what she could have caused, but it's ok you all stick up for the bimbo :laugh:

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Seen this get shared on social media. Some skills from the bus driver to avoid catastrophe!

Omg omg omg no! :rofl: don’t blame him tbf !

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is that the driver of the car recording? 

It it will be recorded on one of those dash cams

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Is that the driver of the car recording? 

:)

Who knows what the other car driver thought they were doing though.

4 minutes ago, marriott said:

Anyway this is what she could have caused, but it's ok you all stick up for the bimbo :laugh:

That is absolutely bat shit mental.

4 minutes ago, marriott said:

Go bimbo! :D

I'll grant you the hazard lights, but she probably couldn't see anything at all, not a scratch. She was probably so disorientated that she didn't know where the hard shoulder was, nor how far the next services were. Yeah, she took an enormous risk in just stopping dead, but so did everyone who decided to drive in those conditions.

Serious question - we're on an overnight boat into north Shields, the plan is to drive up tomorrow morning.

The car's laden down with our worldly possessions and not her usual spritely self, is it actually genuinely safe to travel up or should we maybe hole up in a Newcastle hotel for a night or two?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Serious question - we're on an overnight boat into north Shields, the plan is to drive up tomorrow morning.

The car's laden down with our worldly possessions and not her usual spritely self, is it actually genuinely safe to travel up or should we maybe hole up in a Newcastle hotel for a night or two?

Stay in Newcastle, it's not worth it. Even if you are the best driver, it's the useless other ones.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Stay in Newcastle, it's not worth it. Even if you are the best driver, it's the useless other ones.

Cheers, I think you're probably right

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, kila said:

I agree with this. Newcastle and into the Berwick area could be ok but the Scottish Borders Council have closed all schools and the weather warnings for tomorrow morning in the central belt look terrible 

Keep safe Smithee. 

Archived