The Beast from the East

Swanny17

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got up early to leave for work thinking I’d be snowed in and apart from what loooks like rain earlier it’s a nice morning 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Snowed during the night in Gorebridge. Hate life

Yip, staying in Gorebridge can do that to a fella.

Just now, Barack said:

Still play with an orange ball?

Or is it a fab new colour these days, like pink? 

Mind the game at Ibrox a couple of years back where they had no orange balls (no orange at Ibrox of all places) so we had to play with a yellow ball?  It was practically invisible in the snow. 

Just now, Barack said:

To be be honest, I struggle to follow the orange one a wee bit. 

Pink, in all seriousness, would probably stand out more. Black ball on white...? :levein_interesting:

Black would get lost once it was in the air against the backdrop of the crowd. Pink would probably work though and generate an amusing bit of seethe. I'm in.

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

To be be honest, I struggle to follow the orange one a wee bit. 

Pink, in all seriousness, would probably stand out more. Black ball on white...? :levein_interesting:

I've seen the videos 

:clumshot:

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Italy looks cauld.

Seen a video of Priests having a snowball fight in St. Peter's Square and folks using the sides of the Circus Maximus for sledging, first snow in Rome for 6 years seemingly.

About an inch of snow here in the central borders, however there is frequent snow showers blowing in every few minutes, so it will only accumulate further as the day progresses.

Tomorrow is a white-out if the forecasts are correct.   

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Mind the game at Ibrox a couple of years back where they had no orange balls (no orange at Ibrox of all places) so we had to play with a yellow ball?  It was practically invisible in the snow. 

"Watched" that at the Gorgie Live event.  Couldn't see a thing :gok:

Our (panic merchant) boss has just re-arranged the entire rota for the week and told me to work from home for the next 2 days at least. Yippee. Loose Women, Judge Rinder and the Real Deal here I come

Cairneyhill Jambo

I'm meant to be flying out to Lanzarote from Edinburgh on Thursday morning.

Can't see it happening to be honest.  :-(

5 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I'm meant to be flying out to Lanzarote from Edinburgh on Thursday morning.

Can't see it happening to be honest.  :-(

Got a work colleague on the same flight. She's been told there are contingency plans to move it to Glasgow if Edinburgh is unusable, although they did say they expect it to go as planned unless there is 'absolutely unmanageable snowfall' beforehand.

Due to go to Munich tomorrow from Edinburgh...that route today was cancelled due to "forecasted snow"....most others are leaving Edinburgh today, a couple of BA to Heathrow are cancelled though

scottish_chicP
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

On the cusp of upgrading the amber warning to red in some areas for tomorrow morning apparently. 

Someone at work just mentioned this. Danger to life apparently :mellow:

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Feck me minus 2. Michty me.

Must be a few brass monkeys in distress.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Must be a few brass monkeys in distress.

That it's not cold enough.

Did you know that every snowflake has it's own distinctive shape ? Amazing...

Just thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and it's belting down just now 'up the town'.

Time to put out or refill the bird feeders guys.

It will make a difference to the birds in this weather.

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Blizzard conditions in Davidson's Mains now. Just as the schools come out. Good, that's teach the noisy little feckers.

More than it teached you at school, it seems. ;)

Just now, Tazio said:

Luckily we didn't have autocorrect at school. 

It would have been difficult on the slates we used at the time.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It would have been difficult on the slates we used at the time.

Believe it or not we actually used slates in 1971 when I started primary school for when we were learning to write. Either our teacher was very backwards thinking or very forward thinking and trying to save paper. 

Still not too bad in Bathgate at the moment, few flurries but not coming to much. Hopefully holds out before I leave for the game tonight otherwise the wide will be in my ear not to go 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Believe it or not we actually used slates in 1971 when I started primary school for when we were learning to write. Either our teacher was very backwards thinking or very forward thinking and trying to save paper. 

You started primary school not long after me then. Was it a rural primary school? Despite my "joke", I seem to have this wee memory of using a slate when I was young, but I don't know whether or not it is a false memory from something I've seen since then.

They actually make great sense as a scratchpad though, and you can still buy school-type slates these days. Up the Luddites!

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You started primary school not long after me then. Was it a rural primary school? Despite my "joke", I seem to have this wee memory of using a slate when I was young, but I don't know whether or not it is a false memory from something I've seen since then.

They actually make great sense as a scratchpad though, and you can still buy school-type slates these days. Up the Luddites!

Big city school for me, but quite a small old fashioned one (Wardie)

Some snow in winter. - 2C they say.   Whatever else? We will survive  - we must, to see our great leader CraigStorm lead us to glory.

So - fellow Jambos, wrap up well, drive carefully through these 0.01cm snow blizzards and remember, "snow doesn't show on a warm maroon jersey"

Archived