Just the one pint then, maybe...

giphy.gif

Holy shit. I'd rather fly and I hate flying

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Holy shit. I'd rather fly and I hate flying

I was on a ferry from Scrabster to Stromness 25 years ago that shouldn't have left harbour, it's no exaggeration to say spew was literally sloshing around the floor, absolutely brutal 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Just the one pint then, maybe...

giphy.gif

Ffs. I've spent more time on the one wave. That's not even rough:laugh:.

On 2/20/2018 at 21:26, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

As low as -2. How ever will we cope. 

Think it was 1995 we had temperatures of - 20 C now thats cold.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Guess who's on an overnight ferry from Holland to South Shields on Wednesday night before driving up Thursday morning - it's all in the timing!

Not to make your trip even worse but you will dock (weather permitting) in North Shields, which is considerably more shit than South Shields. :lol:

34 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Not to make your trip even worse but you will dock (weather permitting) in North Shields, which is considerably more shit than South Shields. :lol:

Shieldist!

31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Shieldist!

Hang on to your buckle(r) :D  Anyway, it's no even cauld, dunno what the fuss is about, it might snow, it's a tad brisk, aye it's winter in Scotland. 

Although tbf, it is a day for a coat... to save getting wet that is, nothing heavy.

The Future's Maroon

Doesn't seem that bad to me....dunno about the rest of the UK and don't give a hoot....heating on for another week I guess!

IMG_0384.PNG

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Self employment sharpy, needs must. And see below.

Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly good for you you show enterprise and thats good, and thats my simple point, you do what you have to do, and if you don't want to do it quit, but don't let down the people dependent on you. When I say you I mean all of us.  I guess if I had thought a bit harder I could have made my point thus. Take care on the roofs.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Hope JiH has a hotel booked for tomorrow night just in case.

:lol:

And a kennel for the huskies.

UK WEATHER LATEST – MORE SNOW FORECAST WITH COMMUTERS WARNED ‘GET HOME BY 6PM’ AS PANIC-BUYING TESCO SHOPPERS 'EMPTY SHELVES OF BREAD

Ffs 

On 2/23/2018 at 10:04, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Guaranteed to be pish. 

This.

Unless it snows anywhere near London then its a NATIONAL DISASTER!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This is just one of those over-hyped things that turns out to be a bit p*** isn’t it?

In a nutshell.

Was rather pleasant working outside today. Few flakes of snow but apart from that not a lot to grumble about. 

26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This.

Unless it snows anywhere near London then its a NATIONAL DISASTER!!!!!

Got it in one.

I remember years ago, before the days of satellite tv and one winter there was some snow in London and I kid you not it was the main headline on the 6 pm news, where the presenter informed the nation about the heavy snow which had caused chaos and had brought London to a standstill, they then showed some footage of one of the bridges with the tiniest amount of slush you ever did see lining the roads, later in the piece the presenter informed us that other places in the country had also had some snow, and they showed some footage from Aberdeenshire, where they had 12 feet drifts and you couldn't see the tractor with the snow blower as the snow was banked up so high either sides of the road.  Wimps.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Got it in one.

I remember years ago, before the days of satellite tv and one winter there was some snow in London and I kid you not it was the main headline on the 6 pm news, where the presenter informed the nation about the heavy snow which had caused chaos and had brought London to a standstill, they then showed some footage of one of the bridges with the tiniest amount of slush you ever did see lining the roads, later in the piece the presenter informed us that other places in the country had also had some snow, and they showed some footage from Aberdeenshire, where they had 12 feet drifts and you couldn't see the tractor with the snow blower as the snow was banked up so high either sides of the road.  Wimps.

Similarly a couple of years ago they were bemoaning 60mph winds across the south of England, 60mph ffs I fart more than that.

44 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

UK WEATHER LATEST – MORE SNOW FORECAST WITH COMMUTERS WARNED ‘GET HOME BY 6PM’ AS PANIC-BUYING TESCO SHOPPERS 'EMPTY SHELVES OF BREAD

Ffs 

Only ever been cut of once, think it was 2006 where we had about 3 or 4 feet of snow and the town was cut of for two or three days as the roads where unpassable, only the Emergency Services, Tweed Valley Mountain Rescue and Snow Ploughs were allowed or dared to drive on the roads.  Some of the remote farms around here are cut of for days on end sometimes a week or longer, every winter.

How on earth would city folks cope, very badly and probably not at all in all likelihood.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

WEATHER UPDATE: Still blue sky with beautiful whispy clouds in Edinburgh.

It's supposed to be later tonight and overnight when the snow arrives in Eastern Scotland, there was nothing of note forecast for today.

Jambof3tornado

This can go 2 ways. The media(led by the government depts) have us ready and warmed and its not as bad as expected or its gonna be the end of the world!!

Wur doomed!!!

8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

aye but what aboot the fitba the moarn's  night?

That article says Wednesday will be the issue, even quoted Wednesday's games as being at risk

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

aye but what aboot the fitba the moarn's  night?

Every league game cancelled til April, just in case. 

The White Cockade
4 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Every league game cancelled til April, just in case. 

:clyay:

i'll turn on Hearts TV tomorrow just in case

Fxxx the SPFL

I'm getting the train hopefully to Coventry Wednesday morning for a late friends funeral on Thursday just hoping there are no cancellations 

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It will be like The Day After Tomorrow on Wednesday.

:greggy:

I see what you did there! 

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So it will be shite? 

Had a look on my weather app even Wednesday it's only to be -2 with snow showers.My wife is talking to a work colleague on the phone just now as if it's a new ice age coming.

12 hours ago, Cheile said:

I'm paying close attention to the weather forecasts these days, especially when Judith Ralston is the presenter!

Yep, and the added bonus of the return of Gillian Smart....remember someone on a similar thread once perfectly describing the nick of Judith Ralston as looking like “she had just come from a gang bang in a garage”....?JKB at its finest.

On 21/02/2018 at 10:35, ...a bit disco said:

This sort of thing fills me with apprehension now I've turned 50.

:sob:

"It's a pair of these you're wanting. Permagrip soles!  Timpsons... £19.99...! " :jjyay:

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

"It's a pair of these you're wanting. Permagrip soles!  Timpsons... £19.99...! " :jjyay:

:seething:

Funny how many chugmonkeys think they're comedians all of a sudden just because you've turned 50?

Your day will come. Mark my words!

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Funny how many chugmonkeys think they're comedians all of a sudden just because you've turned 50?

Admit it though, you laughed a wee bit :lol:

:smuggy:

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Admit it though, you laughed a wee bit :lol:

:smuggy:

Nope.

I'm a grumpy, auld ***** now, remember?

:jjockio:

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Victorian said:

Chronic movie! "Happy" ending 'tho. :(

15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Not necessarily. ::troll::

We now have "Storm Emma".  Apparently, the "Beast from the East" and a front of moist air moving north from the Bay of Biscay will connect over the south and east coasts of Ireland, triggering blizzards and potentially up to 50 cm of snow on Thursday night.

attachment.php?attachmentid=442867&stc=1

Archived