New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

3 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

I'm not a supporter of it, I just don't get all privileged when it comes to what others can and can't say/sing. It's football, it happens, I'm there for the game and to enjoy myself not care about the politics or who will be offended by a simple song or two. 

What about the whole point of my post???? Those singing sectarian garbage harm the atmosphere

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

6 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

What I'm saying is - the song about hating the IRA is not THAT bad, it isn't about murder or things along those lines of brutality. 

At the end of the day it's freedom of speech you can't and won't stop people singing or saying what YOU don't like. 

I suggest you get off your high horse - try - drown out what you don't like and get the F over it. 

Hearts will stop it, or at least will stop the singing section, at which point they can all go and support the rangers

5 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

Bang on mate. 

True, let's all sing about NxxxxxS and poofs and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I've got photos of me wearing a dress if anyone would like to see them ? 

Could you take a couple wearing a dress while eating a banana?

Asking for a friend.

...a bit disco
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Could you take a couple wearing a dress while eating a banana?

Asking for a friend.

Uh-huh.

HeartofHartley
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hearts will stop it, or at least will stop the singing section, at which point they can all go and support the rangers

So no one in the whole ground outside the singing section sings questionable songs? I for one have enjoyed the atmosphere at the games but I'm sure you'd prefer Tynecastle to be a graveyard. That is of course you even go. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, been here before said:

I think my time spent wearing a kilt in CC Blooms pretty much ticked each of those boxes.

Did you have to go back EVERY Friday, though?

bringbakterracing

True, let's all sing about NxxxxxS and poofs and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it

Wow!!! Taking it to a whole new level. You got some serious issues mate.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

So no one in the whole ground outside the singing section sings questionable songs? I for one have enjoyed the atmosphere at the games but I'm sure you'd prefer Tynecastle to be a graveyard. That is of course you even go. 

Are you really claiming if sectarian songs weren't sung, Tynecastle would be a ''graveyard''?

FFS, some folk are desperate to remain in the dark ages.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, bringbakterracing said:

Wow!!! Taking it to a whole new level. You got some serious issues mate.

He's right. He's absolutely correct.

HeartofHartley

What are you on about? The song is about hating a terrorist group not innocent groups of people. 

They also don't sing about hating those you have mentioned because that is too far and wrong at that point. However the current song is nothing compared to you going overboard. 

Note- there are people in the world that are horrible and do hate the above, truly, you can't stop them from doing so. It's pathetic that people have such a strong opinion about other people's opinions or songs that have nothing to do with them. Get over it and watch the football.

HeartofHartley
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Are you really claiming if sectarian songs weren't sung, Tynecastle would be a ''graveyard''?

FFS, some folk are desperate to remain in the dark ages.

No I'm saying without the singing section Tynecastle would be a graveyard which it has been for years and the singing section are trying to turn that around. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

No I'm saying without the singing section Tynecastle would be a graveyard which it has been for years and the singing section are trying to turn that around. 

Too early to slate the laddies, they are trying even the drummer after his rusty start will be banging us to the title.

...a bit disco

Interesting to hear 'Oh, The Hibees Are Gay' just before kickoff yesterday.

Bridge of Djoum

And that's not gonna happen if the sectarian stuff continues!

You seem to be lost in your point, mate. There will be no section if that continues, yet you want an atmosphere at Tynecastle.  Everyone does. Rather than having a pop at those who would like to move away from the 80's and eradicate racism and sectarian behavior at the game, you'd rather support those who engage in it! Allowing them to continue will almost certainly signal the demise of the HMSSO. The problem isn't the club or the supporters, it's wee arseholes signing about shite that has nothing to do with Hearts or football at all. Surely to **** it's not a hard argument to grasp. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Tranny implication?  I thought you would appear :lol:

As if by magic!

:biggrin:

Rodger Mellie
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

You seem to be lost in your point, mate. There will be no section if that continues, yet you want an atmosphere at Tynecastle.  Everyone does. Rather than having a pop at those who would like to move away from the 80's and eradicate racism and sectarian behavior at the game, you'd rather support those who engage in it! Allowing them to continue will almost certainly signal the demise of the HMSSO. The problem isn't the club or the supporters, it's wee arseholes signing about shite that has nothing to do with Hearts or football at all. Surely to **** it's not a hard argument to grasp. 

Spot on.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I think you're trying to tell us something.

PM me, hun. I wont judge.

54 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

I'm not saying they wouldn't my point is they say it because it rhymes.

I know for once Im not disagreeing with you , hence agreeing the hib-bays works better. 

Personally would rather the section came out and distanced themselves from these things. It would also stop them getting the blame if others are doing it. Going by the footage of them “marching” they could do with some help to organise all that kinda thing too , sure ppl on here would help if they would come out and distance themselves.

been here before
9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Careful now. Just before kick off is during the game according to some banger on here.

You should be ignoring it and enjoying the game at that point.

Edited by been here before

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Too early to slate the laddies, they are trying even the drummer after his rusty start will be banging us to the title.

Difference between slating the dafties who ruin it and have an association with the group and view it as a way to further their notoriety and slating the group which most sane people haven’t done as they want it to succeed. However by not distancing themselves from the previous mentioned ones they pull that vitriol or disillusionnment toward them onto themselves.

Bridge of Djoum

Let me ask something...

If there are those here who think they are just songs/words, pretty harmless really, what other events or places in life would it also be acceptable to sing such songs?

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Careful now. Just before kick off is during the game according to some banger on here.

Superb

...a bit disco
Just now, been here before said:

I've been doing it wrong all these years then?

:sob:

Fire_At_The_Disco

I like the singing section, it’s the most alive our stadiums been since the heady days of the 80’s when Wattie was conducting. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, HeartofHartley said:

I'm not saying they wouldn't my point is they say it because it rhymes.

UDA rhythms, how about that? They are murdering terrorists as well after all.

HeartofHartley
15 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

You can't police them - saying you can sing this bit not that - new songs are made it's impossible to do and also silly. I heard someone say they heard words about "stamping on a fenian" now that is barbaric ridiculous and too far and needs outed. The singing section haven't sung that. I was a couple rows behind them yesterday and the bouncy feeling the rhythm was much better than standing silent for 90 minutes. 

I say until they sing something along the lines of what I've said above or about murder or something then let them be, the song to me about Laff is now where near as offensive as some make out. Some are desperate to have utter silence and forget that the majority of our support aren't even on kickback so it's not up to a select few what happens as some feel so privileged to keep reminding me. 

Bridge of Djoum

You can't police them - saying you can sing this bit not that - new songs are made it's impossible to do and also silly. I heard someone say they heard words about "stamping on a fenian" now that is barbaric ridiculous and too far and needs outed. The singing section haven't sung that. I was a couple rows behind them yesterday and the bouncy feeling the rhythm was much better than standing silent for 90 minutes. 

I say until they sing something along the lines of what I've said above or about murder or something then let them be, the song to me about Laff is now where near as offensive as some make out. Some are desperate to have utter silence and forget that the majority of our support aren't even on kickback so it's not up to a select few what happens as some feel so privileged to keep reminding me. 

Jeez, mate. NO ONE wants utter silence.

Edited by New York Fleapit

Serge Pizzorno
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

:spoton:

”Nonce” patter for re-posting something that had already been posted publicly to thousands of Hearts fans on Facebook. :facepalm:

Worth noting the “wee boy” is also 20

HeartofHartley
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Jeez, mate. NO ONE wants utter silence.

I think that's debatable with some of the privileged, "I've been going for (insert how many years here) years" therefore I have more of a say lot. 

Bridge of Djoum

I think that's debatable with some of the privileged, "I've been going for (insert how many years here) years" therefore I have more of a say lot. 

It's not debatable. 

You seem to think it's ok to sing these things, fair enough. That's your opinion. Where else away from football are these songs acceptable?

I ask because I just watched my wife changing the bed whilst I sang songs about the Pope and the IRA. she just called me an arsehole and carried on her task.

bringbakterracing
19 minutes ago, been here before said:

So im a banger. Fair enough, im sure your not 5 and realised i was generalising and meant enjoy the game before during and after. But hey, as ive done before, and the keyboard coward never turned up, ill happily offer to meet you and your chums on here for a hearty debate so we can all put our points across face to face. 

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

It's not debatable. 

You seem to think it's ok to sing these things, fair enough. That's your opinion. Where else away from football are these songs acceptable?

I ask because I just watched my wife changing the bed whilst I sang songs about the Pope and the IRA. she just called me an arsehole and carried on her task.

Do you habitually sing Hearts songs as your wife changes the bed?

It's a ridiculously inept analogy.

HeartofHartley
3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

It's not debatable. 

No, it's ok to sing the Lafferty one. Anything more explicit is not ok. 

Harry Potter
35 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Really , well i never, lovely tune

1 minute ago, bringbakterracing said:

So im a banger. Fair enough, im sure your not 5 and realised i was generalising and meant enjoy the game before during and after. But hey, as ive done before, and the keyboard coward never turned up, ill happily offer to meet you and your chums on here for a hearty debate so we can all put our points across face to face. 

Oooft. 

You'll be deep into the debate 5 minutes before he arrives.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Yes, I do. 

It's not inept. My wife changing the bed has nothing to do with the Pope or the IRA. Just like HMFC. Just like football as a whole.

Bridge of Djoum

No, it's ok to sing the Lafferty one. Anything more explicit is not ok. 

Fair enough, mate.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Oh, and hiya, pal!

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Oooft. 

You'll be deep into the debate 5 minutes before he arrives.

:rofl:

Baws deep.

Edited by New York Fleapit

4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I find a good rendition of the sash gets my son's nursery rocking. 

Derrys Walls fair gets the beach jumpin’ here..

MacDonald Jardine
12 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Yes, I do. 

It's not inept. My wife changing the bed has nothing to do with the Pope or the IRA. Just like HMFC. Just like football as a whole.

Hello yourself. 

People don't normally sing songs as they go about everyday life.

You know very well that there has always been a connection between certain clubs in Scotland, including Hearts, and religious affiliations. 

You may not like it but it's there.

I'll await your reply explaining how you/ your pal/ some random guy you met in the pub is a Catholic and lifelong Hearts supporter.

jacklivi1874

Some on here seem to get rather animated about the singing  and dont even go to games  they are harping on about ..OMS

Edited by jacklivi1874

1 hour ago, HeartofHartley said:

What I'm saying is - the song about hating the IRA is not THAT bad, it isn't about murder or things along those lines of brutality. 

At the end of the day it's freedom of speech you can't and won't stop people singing or saying what YOU don't like. 

I suggest you get off your high horse - try - drown out what you don't like and get the F over it. 

Why sing about the IRA though? 

It’s bizarre. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Hello yourself. 

You know very well that there has always been a connection between certain clubs in Scotland, including Hearts, and religious affiliations. 

I'll await your reply explaining how you/ your pal/ some random guy you met in the pub is a Catholic and lifelong Hearts supporter.

Grow up.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Hello yourself. 

Which religious affiliations do Hearts have? How many bangers who sing sectarian songs could name them?

I seem to recall we have had affiliations with warships in the past, do we sing songs about the Royal Navy? We are sponsored by Save the Children, (or we sponsor them). Remind me of our songs about kids.

Don't try be cute, MJ. 

And, finally. I regularly sing songs as I go about my business. I'm a happy chap that way. 

• davemclaren locked this topic