New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

I genuinely didn't. If it was a play on words it was definately an accident above my intelligence level.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Sandy Clark said:

I genuinely didn't. If it was a play on words it was definately an accident above my intelligence level.

??

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Tangerine anorak you say. Interesting...

5345A735-74FE-43BA-BE47-2D76EE8B8F9B.thumb.jpeg.9dd0dbae1875eeddae48317e4ecfcd02.jpeg

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

I'm guessing this bloke isn't too clued up in his Norwegian alphabet.

If he knew how to actually pronounce the way he's spelled his name instead of just thinking the å and ø looked cool... 

Poablehr...

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'm guessing this bloke isn't too clued up in his Norwegian alphabet.

If he knew how to actually pronounce the way he's spelled his name instead of just thinking the å and ø looked cool... 

Poablehr...

Whoever Blacked out the name and other bit. Needs a darker blacker outer. 

chuck berrys hairline
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Looks like they drew on their screen tbf 

Honestly man ? I was a section away from the young lads trying to create the noise and fair play to them they at least tried. The hullo hullo stuff and the Lafferty songs were mostly started in the stand behind the goal, so why are the singing section getting the flack for that? If people don’t like the songs fair enough but to blame the  young lads is just wrong, it’s a wider issue involving the whole support, blaming them is the easy option and it’s ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Honestly man ? I was a section away from the young lads trying to create the noise and fair play to them they at least tried. The hullo hullo stuff and the Lafferty songs were mostly started in the stand behind the goal, so why are the singing section getting the flack for that? If people don’t like the songs fair enough but to blame the  young lads is just wrong, it’s a wider issue involving the whole support, blaming them is the easy option and it’s ridiculous. 

The Lafferty song is non sectarian or non offensive it's just the kickback loyal (pardon the pun) who takes offence 

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I love smoke bombs, incredibly sad I know. :rolleyes:Today I inhaled some of the smoke from them though and could see why they may cause an asthmatic problems. It's alright in ultra's sections in Europe but feel they shouldn't really be used in the vicinity of people with breathing conditions.

Baws :(

I think this is now my favourite post on this thread even better than HMFCSSO and his please give us your full name and address and we will discuss things wi ya.

if they were not dangerous to peoples health then yeah id not bother about them either. Hoepfully we just get a warning for them.

@Johnny Sandiego fans might not care , though Id wager more than .01% do but the club will. Thats where theres a definite issue. The club will take notice of that kinda thing. The section have a divisive nature which is a shame as it could be a superb thing if they just left one or two things alone. But personal attacks on other posters isnt really debating the issue is it?  

1 hour ago, James1874f said:

The Lafferty song is non sectarian or non offensive it's just the kickback loyal (pardon the pun) who takes offence 

Na i think most just would like the IRA changed to hates the Celtic , i know first hand the Laffertys would prefer that line but the general song otherwise is a cracker. With the IRA in it , it opens it up to bringing religion and sectarianism into it. 

Simple changes like that would get more ppl on board. If you look at some facebook groups theres the same wee groups as get linked to the section mouthing off all sorts of loyalist stuff and attacking other posters for having a go about the smoke bombs or having a different opinion. 

We’ve had all sorts of excuses on here as to why its acceptable or its not acceptable. Ultimately though the club won’t find it acceptable and thats where the section need to disown anyone who is singing sectarian / religious / offensive stuff or causing any grief. 

@Frank1874 said last week to @HMFCSSO come out wi a statement or similar even if its through the club acknowledging that words like that are used and distance yourselves if its not you lot. The response we cant its not that simple. Yes it is. Its very simple. Not distancing themselves just again leaves it open to interpretation they agree and themselves sing f***** blood and hates the IRA etc.

I don't agree with fenian blood etc, but absolutely nothing wrong with hating the ira. Just do it outside of football eh.

allystrachan

I was in the section next to them & there was a couple hello hellos started, with a few ‘Fenians’ thrown in too but not as bad as I expected tbh. The lafferty IRA song is a bit rangersesque for me but was defiantly sung throughout the various other sections so not all them. 

Interested to to see them at home where they will probably have less hanger ons kicking about. I’m sure the ‘F’s’ & ‘IRAs’ will be sung plenty from sections G & N aswell.

However.... the smoke bomb can’t be defended (unless someone else not part of the Gorgie boys threw it from within their section)

Also undefendable is the drummer! The guys rhythm & ability to play along with a song is terrible! 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

I was in the section next to them & there was a couple hello hellos started, with a few ‘Fenians’ thrown in too but not as bad as I expected tbh. The lafferty IRA song is a bit rangersesque for me but was defiantly sung throughout the various other sections so not all them. 

Interested to to see them at home where they will probably have less hanger ons kicking about. I’m sure the ‘F’s’ & ‘IRAs’ will be sung plenty from sections G & N aswell.

However.... the smoke bomb can’t be defended (unless someone else not part of the Gorgie boys threw it from within their section)

Also undefendable is the drummer! The guys rhythm & ability to play along with a song is terrible! 

Yeah heard the drummer was dreadful as well. 

Seen posts on the Gorgie Boys social media taking credit for the smoke bombs and soneone else heard them planning it on the train so seems to have been them unfortunately.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah only relalised once I’d posted it that you could still just about see it.

6 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

see below...

11 hours ago, Jodami said:

There are some complete fools among these young boys. I was on the half 5 back and there was some of them singing, "Oh what a feeling, when you're stamping on a fenian" to the tune of the atrocity that is Lionel Ritchie. 

Just to clarify the. SFA/SPFL will not take action against the club about the smoke bombs. The only people who have in the past is clubs themselves or uefa if it's a European game.

i was standing in the section next to the boys with the drum and expected the worse when they came in but I didn't think they were bad at all. Pretty reserved for the majority of the game.

The only thing I found offensive was the drumming, if you are going to bring a drum find someone with rhythm to hit it. 

Edited by richiehmfc

I was in the east stand behind the goals and genuinely couldn't hear anything coming from the singing section lads.  Obviously saw the smoke bomb after the goal.  But there wee some absolute roasters round about where I was.  Seeing teenagers doing the rebellious song thing is one thing; seeing grown men with their young kids doing the same is something else.

Harry Potter
7 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Looks like they drew on their screen tbf 

Oh dear , schoolboy error.

7 hours ago, James1874f said:

There were 2 Lafferty songs, one of which is sectarian

Bungalow Bill

Smoke bombs, IRA references and fenien blood songs is all completely depressing and debating it is utterly pointless. You can’t reason with people who are completely unhinged. 

Probably unrelated to the singing lads, but what is it with folk standing on the stairs at the back of the stand? Grown men telling stewards to p*** off because they want to stand in the stairs. Bizarre behaviour. 

Edited by Apache Mal

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Smoke bombs, IRA references and fenien blood songs is all completely depressing and debating it is utterly pointless. You can’t reason with people who are completely unhinged. 

Probably unrelated to the singing lads, but what is it with folk standing on the stairs at the back of the stand? Grown men telling stewards to p*** off because they want to stand in the stairs. Bizarre behaviour. 

That was right beside me.

No reason for it apparently.

Edited by ...a bit disco

been here before
4 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Aye there was a few ******s doing that at Hamilton. A boy in his 50s/60s and his 2 mid 20/30 year old sons.

Kept greeting as he was getting told to sit by the Hearts support.

Weapons grade stuff.

Edited by been here before

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

unsavoury singing to a greater or lesser degree within all supports has been going on for decades and decades and frank thinks it's going to disappear in a couple of months  :lol:

Bridge of Djoum
13 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

:facepalm:

Stamping on catholics and about f***** blood is “colourful”

Yeah, wee innocent lads that aren’t worth worrying about in the singing section. Wouldn’t catch them being involved in any of that nonsense. Oh wait...

9FAF785A-25C1-4BD4-9256-94070D2D2BD9.jpeg

He has Tesco Mobile.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

He has Tesco Mobile.

So do I.

:sob:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
12 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Nah, saw what looked like a bright orange raincoat in his avatar so clicked on it to get a bigger image. Then saw this...

63D25288-AA17-4030-AAFD-9CC8BD3A5FE0.thumb.jpeg.14ff977315e39528e144858016cf01da.jpeg

and posted it up here at the time. Must have been about lunchtime I think.

You took a screenshot of a child's profile on Facebook? Then decided to post it here. All due to some crusade you are on. A crusade you are on from home, because you are going on second hand information as you were not at the game? 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

So do I.

:sob:

You have an orange kagoul, too?

Bridge of Djoum

Also, I've never witnessed so many different spelling of the word ''definitely'' in one place.

...a bit disco
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

You have an orange kagoul, too?

No.

But I've got a khaki 'vintage'  Henri Lloyd and a 20+ year old grey Stone Island.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

No.

But I've got a khaki 'vintage'  Henri Lloyd and a 20+ year old grey Stone Island.

Easy now. Wearing SI will get you tarred with a certain brush here.

been here before
8 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

He has Tesco Mobile.

So do I.

I defninitaly recommend it.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Easy now. Wearing SI will get you tarred with a certain brush here.

Especially at my age.

Fitba Lads Allied Against Something.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, been here before said:

So do I.

I defninitaly recommend it.

Haha. Very clever.

Harry Potter

Especially at my age.

Thought you were about 20.

Bridge of Djoum

Especially at my age.

I have a few items. Over here it's not looked at with the same disdain as over there.

Ma.strum are killing me with shipping costs, though.

...a bit disco
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Thought you were about 20.

Closer to your age bracket Harry.

Hence my username.

Harry Potter

Closer to your age bracket Harry.

Hence my username.

Im a young 50 something , discos mind o them ha ha

Can someone please tell me if half the people here would rather sit at tynecastle or an away game sitting down on your arse not singing, or be up on your feet singing bouncing, creating an atmosphere having a good time with the odd bad word? Ease up for **** sake.

Edited by ryan hmfc

...a bit disco
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Im a young 50 something , discos mind o them ha ha

Bang on H.

Those were the days my friend...

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, ryan hmfc said:

Can someone please tell me if half the people here would rather sit at tynecastle or an away game sitting down on your arse not signing, or be up on your feet signing bouncing having a good time with the odd bad word? Ease up for **** sake.

:rofl:

...a bit disco
Just now, ryan hmfc said:

Can someone please tell me if half the people here would rather sit at tynecastle or an away game sitting down on your arse not signing, or be up on your feet signing bouncing having a good time with the odd bad word? Ease up for **** sake.

That odd 'bad word' is painting us more and more in the style of the mini-Hun though.

Bridge of Djoum

Bang on H.

Those were the days my friend...

Were you a Cinderella's man or Busters?

been here before
1 minute ago, ryan hmfc said:

How long would it take you to grow a respectable moustache ryan?

HeartofHartley
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Na i think most just would like the IRA changed to hates the Celtic , i know first hand the Laffertys would prefer that line but the general song otherwise is a cracker. With the IRA in it , it opens it up to bringing religion and sectarianism into it. 

Simple changes like that would get more ppl on board. If you look at some facebook groups theres the same wee groups as get linked to the section mouthing off all sorts of loyalist stuff and attacking other posters for having a go about the smoke bombs or having a different opinion. 

We’ve had all sorts of excuses on here as to why its acceptable or its not acceptable. Ultimately though the club won’t find it acceptable and thats where the section need to disown anyone who is singing sectarian / religious / offensive stuff or causing any grief. 

@Frank1874 said last week to @HMFCSSO come out wi a statement or similar even if its through the club acknowledging that words like that are used and distance yourselves if its not you lot. The response we cant its not that simple. Yes it is. Its very simple. Not distancing themselves just again leaves it open to interpretation they agree and themselves sing f***** blood and hates the IRA etc.

He hates the Celtic doesn't rhyme like IRA - Lafferty....

...a bit disco

Were you a Cinderella's man or Busters?

Liked to put it about.

All discos were ...abd's discos.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, been here before said:

How long would it take you to grow a respectable moustache ryan?

Image result for ron swanson moustache

Bridge of Djoum

Liked to put it about.

All discos were ...abd's discos.

Yes, but where did you go to dance?

been here before
Just now, HeartofHartley said:

He hates the Celtic doesn't rhyme like IRA - Lafferty....

Could change it to 'hates the gays'.

Would work nae bother as it both rhymes and is only a 'bit naughty'. But not in a Dick Emery way.

...a bit disco

Yes, but where did you go to dance?

Bobby McGees, Outer Limits, Fire Island were the favourites.

tenor.gif?itemid=4821945

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Would work nae bother as it both rhymes and is only a 'bit naughty'. But not in a Dick Emery way.

''Hates Tranny's'' might also work. Might wind-up Brendan Rodgers into the bargain.

Bridge of Djoum

Bobby McGees, Outer Limits, Fire Island were the favourites.

tenor.gif?itemid=4821945

Uh-huh.

HeartofHartley
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

He hates the hib-bays it's Kyle Laffertyyyy

• davemclaren locked this topic