New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

4 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

I think Bringback is just being open and honest but in KB fashion lets gang up, nothing new  though 

You’re always defending sectarianism......why? 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

...a bit disco

Hooray, hooray, we are the Gorgie Boys,

Hooray, hooray, we make a lot of noise,

On Saturdays you'll hear us sing from (Gorgie*) to Dalry,

When we go Marching through Gorgie.

*This bit's a tad tricky to decipher!

Edited by ...a bit disco

bringbakterracing
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Show me where i have defended sectarianism? 

jacklivi1874
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Am I

Maybe i just dont get into a state about some chants at football  like some do Re of there meaning 

I can with Politicians and rant away, she isny fussed about my take  or bothered, each to there own Pal 

Just now, jacklivi1874 said:

Am I

Maybe i just dont get into a state about some chants at football  like some do Re of there meaning 

I can with Politicians and rant away, she isny fussed about my take  or bothered, each to there own Pal 

:what:

jacklivi1874
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

:what:

We can all pant wet about something when are others dont care 

Oh can I add Tv's Des Lynam was a human Rat still is noubt  just my opinion like others wont be fussed

been here before
3 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Am I

Pretty much my thoughts but more succinct.

3 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

Show me where i have defended sectarianism? 

The post was for Jack. I also think we’re getting lost here. 

I used to sing those sectarian songs at the football when younger but there’s no place for it now. I’m sorry if that’s being a hypocrite. It’s different times now and doing such can end with a court appearance. 

All of this is why it's like a morgue nowadays.  The atmosphere inside Tynie compared to 5 years ago is shi@e. We sing 4 songs......4 f'ing songs....that's it!  Stop having a go at the lads for trying to get the place bouncing again. If you don't like the songs, don't sing them! The stuff our boys sing is nothing considering the bile that comes out of the away support sometime.

8 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Am I

5 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Oh can I add Tv's Des Lynam was a human Rat still is noubt  just my opinion like others wont be fussed

Politicians and she? Genuinely no idea what you’re going on about here. 

Lynam not just a rat but a human one? 

Sadly opinions are like arseholes. 

Seriously though is Des a human rat or is that your opinion? 

And do you know the difference between opinions and the truth? 

3 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

All of this is why it's like a morgue nowadays.  The atmosphere inside Tynie compared to 5 years ago is shi@e. We sing 4 songs......4 f'ing songs....that's it!  Stop having a go at the lads for trying to get the place bouncing again. If you don't like the songs, don't sing them! The stuff our boys sing is nothing considering the bile that comes out of the away support sometime.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

bringbakterracing
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I used to sing those sectarian songs at the football when younger but there’s no place for it now. I’m sorry if that’s being a hypocrite. It’s different times now and doing such can end with a court appearance. 

Agreed. 

jacklivi1874
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Politicians and she? Genuinely no idea what you’re going on about here. 

Lynam not just a rat but a human one? 

Sadly opinions are like arseholes. 

Seriously though is Des a human rat or is that your opinion? 

And do you know the difference between opinions and the truth? 

NO

14 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

You CANNOT justify our unacceptable behaviour with its less than the away supports. 

People complain about the OF etc but you can’t take any sort of stance while your own house isnt in order. The lads can distance themselves and pull the singing away from that sort of thing. However by the words on this thread from the section they don’t want to. Which infers they support/uphold those ideals or songs

10 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

Agreed. 

But thats the whole point people have been making for weeks on here. The section wont distance themselves from it therefore they are living on borrowed time they can influence the songs sung as they grow. Growing won’t happen sufficiently whilst its a vehicle for certain elements and the club won’t accept it

been here before
19 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

1-2Xia60KgHqhEx9TnT9naIg.jpeg.6ea6dc8fbe9e92bbd424c3a22e540b03.jpeg

50 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Am I

:facepalm:  What on Earth was that?  :wtfvlad:

50 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Honestly, I couldn’t have put that better myself.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I have a feeling a club announcement will be made during the week after the club have processed all the complaints.

Its not only the singing section involved this time though. There was a real collection of bams in the stand behind the goal. 

Sectarian singing and homophobic chants plus standing at the back of the stands and abusing the stewards when asked to move.

Lucky for them DAFC didn't appear to have any Police on duty.  Liberty taking yobs who did the same at Hamilton they think they are big when they gang up on one or two stewards who they outnumber by ten to one. They will get their comeuppance of those times though.

I may have missed this, but what complaints?

Jambo 4 Ever

Some utter neds were singing “oh the Hibees are gay” before the game in Dunfermline 

crigworthy stuff really 

Please leave songs about the IRA to Celtic and rangers, it's just embarrassing. In so many ways. It shouldn't need explaining. I'd love a successful singing section, just without the cringeworthy lyrics, please.

jacklivi1874

The bigger the games the bigger the songs that some cant stomach.. Hearts sold out in there last 3 games if we continue that vein of form this thread will explode  as will some on here..Aint condoning my train of thought just seems a reality 

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, jacklivi1874 said:

The bigger the games the bigger the songs that some cant stomach.. Hearts sold out in there last 3 games if we continue that vein of form this thread will explode  as will some on here..Aint condoning my train of thought just seems a reality 

I hate ******* and papes too m8

7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

There was no place for it then, either. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

There was no place for it then, either. 

Maybe not but it had slightly more context and relevance then. 

My favourite thing about this thread is how the knuckle staggers have convinced themselves that because the majority of Hearts fans don't want sectarian or IRA references that means they don't want any atmosphere whatsoever at Hearts games :lol:

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My favourite thing about this thread is how the knuckle staggers have convinced themselves that because the majority of Hearts fans don't want sectarian or IRA references that means they don't want any atmosphere whatsoever at Hearts games :lol:

It’s hilarious. It all boils down to what their base motive is.

If their motive is to get the Hearts fans bouncing and create an atmosphere then they’d cut the political and religious shite out. It’s pretty clear the vast majority of fans won’t condone or join in with that stuff. It’ll also lead to problems for the club and the eventual closure of the singing section.

If their motive is to get their kicks out of copying the troublemaking Ultras at other teams then they’ll keep on with the religious and political lyrics and smoke bombs. 

Really straightforward and it’s become clear their motive is the latter unfortunately.

been here before
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye but if youre not singing about the IRA, fenian blood, fxxking the pope or lobbing smoke bombs about then all you're doing is sitting rustling sweetie wrappers.

...a bit disco
Just now, Barack said:

Who uses a PC anymore...?

Fire up my Windows '95 & away we go.

Ironically, given the subject matter, not very PC?

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Maybe not but it had slightly more context and relevance then. 

The Billy Boys had no more relevance back in 1980 than now in 2018, Des.

You, like I, probably sung those songs at the football and probably look back and cringe but each generation need...if that's the word..to have that mob mentality at the football. Not everyone of course but I think if people think we will have a perfectly behaved support of young guys, they are deluded.

That's not condoning anything, but I have a feeling, as evidenced on here, that if there was absolutely no sectarian element to our support, people would still condemn the young team. Be it for any manner of behaviour that young guys will get up to at the football. 

If the singing section went south in the club's eyes, does anyone really believe there would be no incidents at away games ?

Very naive !

Edited by Boab

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Pretty poor and ill-considered post.

Unless...

Think he was being sarcastic and mocking Vlad mate ??

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Think he was being sarcastic and mocking Vlad mate ??

Ah.

Righto.

Alex Kintner
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I suspect anyone who is singing naughty stuff is quite amused to see the reaction on here, and it probably encourages them - if just reinforces their "Kickback's for Arsehole"s mantra.

I'm sorry to say that the only way you will rid the club of that handful of fans is to confront them at a game. Might be messy in the short term, but will benefit the club as a whole in the long term.

Just saying.

It’s no coincidence that there has been an exponential increase in problems since the forming of the singing section. If dragging the club’s reputation through the mud is the sacrifice required in order to have more “atmosphere” at games then no thanks. 

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

It’s no coincidence that there has been an exponential increase in problems since the forming of the singing section. If dragging the club’s reputation through the mud is the sacrifice required in order to have more “atmosphere” at games then no thanks. 

That's just not true !

There has always been incidents away from home, going back decades. You must have seen them if you travelled away with Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

That has nothing to do with my point.

I'm saying that they are probably reading this thread and enjoying the reaction. Do you think that they will stop because a bunch of old farts - many of whom are not even at the games - are saying it will damage the club's reputation?

The away " support" from some of the " Young " team has been an issues for ages. Its been head in the sand time from Budge et al about this.  But after last weekend I hope something is done.  The so called singing section is just filled with wanna be casuals and bigoted and homophobic  little scum bags who generally dance to the tune of the " older " members of their gang.  Cringeworthy as well as creepy to see older men ( 40s and 50s) hanging around them... No doubt grooming them for various purposes.  Anyway they need to just bar the " singing " section as it is just giving legitimacy to a group of bigots ..

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

That's just not true !

There has always been incidents away from home, going back decades. You must have seen them if you travelled away with Hearts.

Yep. All the SS (love those initials, guys!) have done is provide a focal point for people to attack.

It's a bit like focussing on the Green Brigade and ignoring that there are thousands of other celtic fans happy to support what they sing or write on banners.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Just now, Robbofan99 said:

The away " support" from some of the " Young " team has been an issues for ages. Its been head in the sand time from Budge et al about this.  But after last weekend I hope something is done.  The so called singing section is just filled with wanna be casuals and bigoted and homophobic  little scum bags who generally dance to the tune of the " older " members of their gang.  Cringeworthy as well as creepy to see older men ( 40s and 50s) hanging around them... No doubt grooming them for various purposes.  Anyway they need to just bar the " singing " section as it is just giving legitimacy to a group of bigots ..

Such as?

Just now, Robbofan99 said:

Use your imagination...FFS 

FFS yourself.

Are we talking Graham Rix grooming here?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

FFS yourself.

Are we talking Graham Rix grooming here?

well one has to ask why would grown men in their  40s 50s hang around with impressionable and easily influenced ( stupid ) teenage boys ? it is rather odd don't you think ?  

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Big boned is the term I would use HP.

I meant your round at the bar, your at it Olly.

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

well one has to ask why would grown men in their  40s 50s hang around with impressionable and easily influenced ( stupid ) teenage boys ? it is rather odd don't you think ?  

So you're suggesting these kids are being groomed for sex. Just say it.

It's just older men playing the hard men in front of impressionable youngsters.

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So you're suggesting these kids are being groomed for sex. Just say it.

It's just older men playing the hard men in front of impressionable youngsters.

It could well be just them playing the " hard " man in front of those impressionable youngsters but then again as I've stated alarm bells ring when you have much older men hanging around with lads of that age. Maybe I'm just cynical.  

Let's not blame the singing of the IRA version and Hello Hello solely at the door of the Official Singing Section.

On Saturday many of the away support in all 3 stands joined in.

11 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

It could well be just them playing the " hard " man in front of those impressionable youngsters but then again as I've stated alarm bells ring when you have much older men hanging around with lads of that age. Maybe I'm just cynical.  

Those alarm bells tend to ring in the minds of certain types of people.

Edited by Nookie Bear

• davemclaren locked this topic