New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Really, she has been silent on the 3500 Celtic fans doing just that for years. 

Didn’t she speak out publicly about them last season or the season before? Sure she’s had plenty to say in private to the relevant authorities too.

Regardless, just because those reprobates choose to behave that way, doesn’t mean we should accept our own fans doing the same.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Nice to see the Celtic fans stopped this in 2014. oh wait... 

What do you expect Ann Budge to do about it? She's publicly criticised them (despite your claims to the contrary). What else can she do? She has no power over Celtic fans.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Didn’t she speak out publicly about them last season or the season before? Sure she’s had plenty to say in private to the relevant authorities too.

Regardless, just because those reprobates choose to behave that way, doesn’t mean we should accept our own fans doing the same.

Certainly not mate. But they do it each time they come. I'm all for the club stamping shit out from the home fans but I can't stand the fact they get away with it time after time. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Ray Gin said:

What do you expect Ann Budge to do about it? She's publicly criticised them (despite your claims to the contrary). What else can she do? She has no power over Celtic fans.

She does have power over them, it's our stadium therefore our rules. You seem happy to let them behave  like animals. 

21 minutes ago, jake said:

Fek all wrong wi that mate.

Yes there is Charlie is the past its all aboot the spice n mandy noo ken

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ignore him. Trying to use whataboutery to justify the smokes bombs and bigotry brigade

She does have power over them, it's our stadium therefore our rules. You seem happy to let them behave  like animals. 

No need to apologise for being wrong, I'll take that as a given. :thumbsup:

While our fans are engaging in sectarian behaviour and launching smoke bombs we have no grounds to take the moral high ground over any other supporters. If she launches Celtic fans then she has to launch Hearts fans for singing the Billy Boys too.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Ignore him. Trying to use whataboutery to justify the smokes bombs and bigotry brigade

Yes anyone who doesn't completely agree with you is using whataboutery. 

Read the posts again if you don't understand them. If it's rather obvious I said I wanted us to stop it. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No need to apologise for being wrong, I'll take that as a given. :thumbsup:

While our fans are engaging in sectarian behaviour and launching smoke bombs we have no grounds to take the moral high ground over any other supporters. If she launches Celtic fans then she has to launch Hearts fans for singing the Billy Boys too.

I'm not asking anyone to take a moral stance. Just a balanced one. 

Edited by Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Seems pretty balanced. She criticises both home and away fans for acting like ******s.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Yes anyone who doesn't completely agree with you is using whataboutery. 

Read the posts again if you don't understand them. If it's rather obvious I said I wanted us to stop it. 

Saying “aye, but the Celtic fans are bigots too” is textbook whataboutery :rofl:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Seems pretty balanced. She criticises both home and away fans for acting like ******s.

In 2014. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
14 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Certainly not mate. But they do it each time they come. I'm all for the club stamping shit out from the home fans but I can't stand the fact they get away with it time after time. 

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Saying “aye, but the Celtic fans are bigots too” is textbook whataboutery :rofl:

Read, digest, try to understand. 

4 hours ago, James1874f said:

A flag of the nationality of our assistant manager, veteran defender and star striker ? Nothing bizarre about that 

austin macphee is not northern irish

39 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

And without smoke bombs and flares ??

Yeah away from kids. 

I’d like Boca Junior type madness. A section where people have to sign a disclaimer to go in due to the carnage. A bouncing end with flares at midweek games. Constant singing. No sectarian nonsense though. 

MacDonald Jardine
19 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Stop selling them tickets? She's quick enough to ban fans of her own club.

2 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

In 2014. 

The year she learned that trying to curb the behaviour of the old firm was pointless. Short of banning all away supporters from Celtic and Sevco attending, which is completely unrealistic, what can she do?

That doesn't mean she can't get our own house in order and stop the dicks in our support behaving in the same manner though. This she can control.

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Stop selling them tickets? She's quick enough to ban fans of her own club.

She doesn't know who Celtic or Rangers sell tickets to. How can she ban them?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Ray Gin said:

The year she learned that trying to curb the behaviour of the old firm was pointless. Short of banning all away supporters from Celtic and Sevco attending, which is completely unrealistic, what can she do?

That doesn't mean she can't get our own house in order and stop the dicks in our support behaving in the same manner though. This she can control.

Reduce their numbers. They have a pack mentality which I believe will be curtailed if they don't have their safety in numbers. 

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Reduce their numbers. They have a pack mentality which I believe will be curtailed if they don't have their safety in numbers. 

I'm all for that. Hopefully we'll get to the stage where our home tickets sales mean we can reduce them to 1 or 2 sections.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Ray Gin said:

I'm all for that. Hopefully we'll get to the stage where our home tickets sales mean we can reduce them to 1 or 2 sections.

With any luck yes, I'd be happy to pay a little more for these games to ease any Financial burden on the club doing so. I appreciate not everyone can nor would want to.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Read, digest, try to understand. 

We’re talking about smoke bombs and bigotry by Hearts fans at a match today against Dunfermline. You’re whining on about Celtic fans last week.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Exactly ?? This thread is about the morons in our support. That’s our problem. The morons in the Celtic support is their problem.

Ideally I'd like the old firm reduced to not only one section, but the lower part of one section. The absolute bare minimum we can give the cretins.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

We’re talking about smoke bombs and bigotry by Hearts fans at a match today against Dunfermline. You’re whining on about Celtic fans last week.

From the man that has done nothing but whine on this thread. ? 

...a bit disco

Related/unrelated.

The 'CSF' seems to be rearing it's ugly head recently.

been here before
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Round and round in circles we go. Tedious doesn't even begin to describe it.

So blank it then, ignore it, dont perpituate it by contributing.

Its that easy.

3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Would be good to get comment from @HMFCSSO about today at some point. Get their take on the alleged sectarian singing and use of smoke bombs

:lol:  just send them your full name, email address and home address and they'll be happy to discuss/tan your windows.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Related/unrelated.

The 'CSF' seems to be rearing it's ugly head recently.

Have they joined the singing section? ?

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:lol:  just send them your full name, email address and home address and they'll be happy to discuss/tan your windows.

:jjyay:

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Let’s be honest, the club wants everyone sitting nicely - perhaps checking our phones to see how our good friends from Leith are doing so we can send them congratulatory messages when they win a cup

Some fans want noise, colour and a bit of atmosphere to add to the match day experience. If they can do it across the world without oppositIon, why not here?

What a load of shite :laugh:

...a bit disco
Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Have they joined the singing section? ?

:lol:

about Kyle Lafferty and he hello song. FFS is it really a problem. Who the **** cares. At least it’s an atmosphere. Half the folk on here that bitch probably don’t even attend 

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, pablo said:

Is the sectarianism anything other than that line about Kyle Lafferty hating the IRA?

Plenty singing about f***** blood unfortunately :(

HeartofHartley

I was a couple of rows behind the 'singing section' today and apart from the smoke bombs I wasnt too fussed by them to be honest, they want an atmosphere, they want to help create one and join in to other songs started not just their own - cut out the smoke bombs and im happy for them to continue to be themselves with the drum etc.

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Is the sectarianism anything other than that line about Kyle Lafferty hating the IRA?

There are some complete fools among these young boys. I was on the half 5 back and there was some of them singing, "Oh what a feeling, when you're stamping on a fenian" to the tune of the atrocity that is Lionel Ritchie. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Jodami said:

There are some complete fools among these young boys. I was on the half 5 back and there was some of them singing, "Oh what a feeling, when you're stamping on a fenian" to the tune of the atrocity that is Lionel Ritchie. 

Hey hey hey, don't hate on Lionel. 

Hey hey hey, don't hate on Lionel. 

They were singing Hello as well... 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

They were singing Hello as well... 

Throw in a few country music classics and I'm joining up. ? 

3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Plenty singing about f***** blood unfortunately :(

Yeah heard Hello Hello getting an airing from the general support. Sorry, I was meaning the singing guys with the drum and smoke bombs. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Throw in a few country music classics and I'm joining up. ? 

You're cheating Hearts with that chat Vlad... 

Edited by Jodami

Jambof3tornado

Unfortunately the rise in sectarianism within our own fanbase isnt just because of a singing section.

Ignoring it isnt an option, neither it appears is self policing as the numbers seem to grow every week.

Not sure exactly how we should be dealing with it. Getting sick of hearing the IRA mentioned at every game.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

You're cheating Hearts with that chat Vlad... 

I'll keep that in mind while driving these country roads. 

• davemclaren locked this topic