New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

I’m losing the plot here. Someone suggests Celtic fans could target a group of Hearts fans, someone infers that if they did they’d get leathered...and he is the target of folks ire? Have I got that right?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

I’m losing the plot here. Someone suggests Celtic fans could target a group of Hearts fans, someone infers that if they did they’d get leathered...and he is the target of folks ire? Have I got that right?

Yup ? but is it infers or implies thats not more important.... more just a dumbass comment when the singing section has enough issues getting going and the club are obviously wary of it going the way of the last one. 

Nookie Bear

"**** off hibees, this city is ours"*

*provided the appropriate forms have been submitted over 28 days in advance

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Like we all used to should arrange meets and events at the park if they want families involved that might work then a march walk to Tynie. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rebelling in the 21st century ain't what it used to be.

Nookie Bear
Just now, sadj said:

Like we all used to should arrange meets and events at the park if they want families involved that might work then a march walk to Tynie. 

Being honest, I'm not sure why these guys are bothering because I would have expected Hearts fans to have an issue with the authorities stopping this. But no, it's all about policing resources and elf n safety. 

They dont want families involved in this section. Who would?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yup ? but is it infers or implies thats not more important.... more just a dumbass comment when the singing section has enough issues getting going and the club are obviously wary of it going the way of the last one. 

I’d infer/imply all day long, if a group of Celtic thugs targeted a group of Hearts fans then I’d be hoping the instigators of bother got skelped. All day long. It’s no even a Hearts thing, surely the default position for any decent punter is to see bullies put in their place? Hearts, Hibs, Celtic, EDL...the group matters not a jot. The principle remains the same. Bullies deserve comeuppance. And I’d say that if it was a group of Hearts fans attacking law abiding Celtic fans too. 

No too sure how this mindset is in any way a stick to beat the SS with, but it’s aw about opinions I suppose?

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Signed and countersigned of course??

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I’d infer/imply all day long, if a group of Celtic thugs targeted a group of Hearts fans then I’d be hoping the instigators of bother got skelped. All day long. It’s no even a Hearts thing, surely the default position for any decent punter is to see bullies put in their place? Hearts, Hibs, Celtic, EDL...the group matters not a jot. The principle remains the same. Bullies deserve comeuppance. And I’d say that if it was a group of Hearts fans attacking law abiding Celtic fans too. 

No too sure how this mindset is in any way a stick to beat the SS with, but it’s aw about opinions I suppose?

Well said 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

If the boys got set upon then, by all means, have at it.

If they went out of their way to do the provoking though, the club would most likely take a dim view of it all. Pretty sure there won't be huge amounts of leeway given.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Edited by ...a bit disco

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

If the boys got set upon then, by all means, have at it.

If they went out of their way to do the provoking though, the club would most likely take a dim view of it all. Pretty sure there won't be huge amounts of leeway given.

Completely agree. Remember though, the scenario painted was the potential for Celtic fans to attack Hearts fans, not the other way about??

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Completely agree. Remember though, the scenario painted was the potential for Celtic fans to attack Hearts fans, not the other way about??

Tbh, the scenario didn't even need brought up. Not what the laddies (or lassies, or whatever they identify as!) need really.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Being honest, I'm not sure why these guys are bothering because I would have expected Hearts fans to have an issue with the authorities stopping this. But no, it's all about policing resources and elf n safety. 

If its an innocent thing then why not get families involved. Not going to be pissed off at the laws not being adhered too. If they did the march now , police would break it up , damage to hearts and the singing section. Do it right (its a learning curve) follow the council regs and its all good. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tbh, the scenario didn't even need brought up. Not what the laddies (or lassies, or whatever they identify as!) need really.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. The club monitor JKB so to be making comments when they are on a short leash is playing with fire. Rather than draw more attention , get the section off to a flyer with a common sense approach and hard work and you get the clubs trust.

3 hours ago, JyTees said:

Pretty pathetic really. I remember thousands "walking" too and from ER back in the day. Nothing organised, a spontaneous gathering due to a number of people attending something all at the same time. These "walks" were anything but quietly observed. Just another example of football fans being treated like second class citizens.

It'll all be a bit of a learning curve getting this off the ground. Won't be the first or the last of the various hurdles put in your way that'll trip you up. Learn from it and move on!

Kudos to the lads for attempting to do things by the book. Unfortunately the book is full of shit!

Memories! Who remembers leaving the two pubs in the bus station at St. Andrews sq. (can't mind the names) about 2 pm. Couple of hundred of us, by the time we got to the top of Easter Road there were two thousand of us. Great times.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Lido said:

Memories! Who remembers leaving the two pubs in the bus station at St. Andrews sq. (can't mind the names) about 2 pm. Couple of hundred of us, by the time we got to the top of Easter Road there were two thousand of us. Great times.

Travellers Tryst and The Highwayman. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Travellers Tryst and The Highwayman. 

That's the ones. Mid seventies if I remember correctly. Great away support in those days but a poor team.

Scnorthedinburgh
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did they submit the application 28 days prior to Saturday?

It's not a stamp down it's, sorry too late.

If it was ruled out for another reason let us know.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Did they submit the application 28 days prior to Saturday?

It's not a stamp down it's, sorry too late.

If it was ruled out for another reason let us know.

Not sure if serious but nobody fussed that a group of people need government or police permission to walk 400 metres to a football game?

They have to apply more than 28 days in advance?

It would have been a bit lame imo (these things usually are) but this refusal is making it into a much bigger thing, and causing friction. 

Scnorthedinburgh

Not sure if serious but nobody fussed that a group of people need government or police permission to walk 400 metres to a football game?

They have to apply more than 28 days in advance?

It would have been a bit lame imo (these things usually are) but this refusal is making it into a much bigger thing, and causing friction. 

They applied so were open to being told no.

No one minds people walking to the game. They went public with group march to game, could have Been quiet and just did it.

I personally like the fact they applied, they are after all carrying the official moniker connecting them directly to the club.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, sadj said:

If its an innocent thing then why not get families involved. Not going to be pissed off at the laws not being adhered too. If they did the march now , police would break it up , damage to hearts and the singing section. Do it right (its a learning curve) follow the council regs and its all good. 

It doesn’t have to be family friendly to be innocent. Families have a whole stand to sit in, plenty of activities and really shouldn’t be getting involved in a singing section that is aimed mainly at teens/young adults.  

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

They applied so were open to being told no.

No one minds people walking to the game. They went public with group march to game, could have Been quiet and just did it.

I personally like the fact they applied, they are after all carrying the official moniker connecting them directly to the club.

Your last paragraph sums up their big error imo

Scnorthedinburgh

Your last paragraph sums up their big error imo

Applying or being official?

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It doesn’t have to be family friendly to be innocent. Families have a whole stand to sit in, plenty of activities and really shouldn’t be getting involved in a singing section that is aimed mainly at teens/young adults.  

Surely aim at it at everyone in order to get everyone involved. 

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Surely aim at it at everyone in order to get everyone involved. 

They're trying to create a singing section. 

That means largely young lads.

They don't want families and nor should they.

How many families want to "march" from The Shandon anyway?

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

They're trying to create a singing section. 

That means largely young lads.

They don't want families and nor should they.

How many families want to "march" from The Shandon anyway?

Why should it? You can easily hold events to pull families in or older folk and create a better atmosphere. Why exclude them? They don’t have to march , but again you could have marches involving the families and aren’t ultra style marches. 

Serge Pizzorno
3 minutes ago, Hertz51 said:

Notice that the hibs lot had a march to the game tonight 

“Hertz”:whistling:

6 hours ago, West Side Hearts said:

https://www.facebook.com/100011610463360/posts/590502931346717/

before anyone accuses used of stalking this was just shared on my timeline...

Oh he has little flags in his name. Must be really really cool and intelligent. 

Good on him for trying to get an atmosphere going.

Boys will be boys.

9 hours ago, sadj said:

Why should it? You can easily hold events to pull families in or older folk and create a better atmosphere. Why exclude them? They don’t have to march , but again you could have marches involving the families and aren’t ultra style marches. 

The club does loads to cater for families. These guys want to create something for teens and older supporters. 

They are the fans we seem seem to be losing (according to the singing section). 

46 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Oh he has little flags in his name. Must be really really cool and intelligent. 

Good on him for trying to get an atmosphere going.

Boys will be boys.

Link doesn't seem to work now what does it say?

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Just the usual high-jink... a  group of spotty wee laddies waving UJ's emblazoned for some reason with Red Hands and "Gorgie boys".

Not sure if it's a political rally, a sectarian rally, a gathering of football fans or a care in the community group. 

Song idea:

Ste-ven Naismith do-do-do-do-do

Ik-Pe-Azu Do-do-do-do-do-do

Peter Haring do-do-do-do

Repeat. For ever.

Serge Pizzorno
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Was a video of young boys before Hamilton jumping on pool tables signing sweet Caroline, “**** the pope”... It’s attention like this the group just doesn’t need

59 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Why is that a mistake ?

Because they didn't need to, and it means the group has to contend with the "they represent the club" chat, which they really don't.

Will the club help them with an application for a march? I doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Song idea:

Peter Haring do-do-do-do

Repeat. For ever.

:laugh:

The other half was listening to that last night and got it stuck in my head. 

It did cross my mind whether it could be made into a chant. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Because they didn't need to, and it means the group has to contend with the "they represent the club" chat, which they really don't.

Will the club help them with an application for a march? I doubt it.

Have to disagree with you.

By making it an "official" SS they want approval and assistance from the club.

If they stay within the rules of the club/stadium (which all real Hearts supporters should do) then they will get all the help they need from the club to make this a success, including holding a march

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Song idea:

Peter Haring do-do-do-do

Repeat. For ever.

We need to include the dance in this :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just thought the Baby Shark song would suit a Sandy Clark song. We still sing songs about past heroes like Busby, Robbo and Wayne so why not big Sandy :laugh:

BASIL_HEARTS

To the tune of “why don’t you go home”.  This grass is too long.                                     This grass is too long.                                     Brendan Rogers this grass is too long 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

To the tune of “why don’t you go home”.  This grass is too long.                                     This grass is too long.                                     Brendan Rogers this grass is too long 

We will let the grass die, we will let the grass die, if we cut it any shorter we will let the grass die.

:clyay:

Why can't the lads just walk to the game together down the pavement, surely don't need written permission for this?

Good luck Gorgie Boys.

Incidentally i will be walking to Tynecastle from Waverley around 11am tomorrow, anyone wishing to join me is most welcome, I may have a beer on the way and any Celtic Knuckle dragging scum wishing to have a go, be warned I will have my Nike free's on so you will never catch me.

FTC

8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The club does loads to cater for families. These guys want to create something for teens and older supporters. 

They are the fans we seem seem to be losing (according to the singing section). 

I would say we are losing family fans to Hibs. Just my opinion though. Atmosphere could be amazing if its inclusive. To exclude people because you cant sing songs you shouldn’t is not the way to go surely? 

Scnorthedinburgh
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I would say we are losing family fans to Hibs. Just my opinion though. Atmosphere could be amazing if its inclusive. To exclude people because you cant sing songs you shouldn’t is not the way to go surely? 

Ok let's have an orange walk at half time. Can't have families becoming hibs fans, as the club and everyone else has grown up, and moved on.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

:what:

• davemclaren locked this topic