New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Just now, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Ok let's have an orange walk at half time. Can't have families becoming hibs fans, as the club and everyone else has grown up, and moved on.

What are you on about? You think they should exclude families from the singing section then? 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Just now, The Treasurer said:

:what:

I said its my opinion. I think the club work hard for families but atmosphere at our games can be non existant. By incorrporating family events into the singing section events they could improve that and hopefully pull more younger supporters towards Hearts. 

I'm not sure why these things need to be family friendly or unfriendly.

Since I remember going to football there is a wide array of spectators. From guys out on the bevvy, families, folk of all ages creeds and colours.

These lads are trying something. They need to do their thing, make sure they screw the nut and do nothing daft. They don't have a particular responsibility to include any particular cross section of our fan base. They had invited fans to come along originally so anyone can make the choice.

Sincerely hope it works for these lads. And as I say they screw the nut and things go well.  I don't think they have any responsibility to families either way. Parents can choose to take their kids into or near this section or not. 

Good luck boys

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

I said its my opinion. I think the club work hard for families but atmosphere at our games can be non existant. By incorrporating family events into the singing section events they could improve that and hopefully pull more younger supporters towards Hearts. 

I don’t mean to be rude, so please don’t take offence. This is arguably the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read.

When I was in my teens with a big group of friends, I never sat back and thought, “you know what would add to this, inviting along toddlers and mums”. 

The atmosphere is the way it is because there is nothing for the 16-25 demographic. This is specifically for them, and I can’t believe you could suggest there isn’t enough for families at Hearts. Frankly too much of this has exacerbated the issue.

6 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I don’t mean to be rude, so please don’t take offence. This is arguably the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read.

When I was in my teens with a big group of friends, I never sat back and thought, “you know what would add to this, inviting along toddlers and mums”. 

The atmosphere is the way it is because there is nothing for the 16-25 demographic. This is specifically for them, and I can’t believe you could suggest there isn’t enough for families at Hearts. Frankly too much of this has exacerbated the issue.

Im not saying there isnt a lot for kids. Im saying that with the atmosphere as it is when families attend its not captivating enough to keep the children. The singing section can potentially do this. So why preclude them. One poster says they shouldn’t one says we asked anyone to join us. All im saying is if you hold events before a march/walk you could incorporate family stuff get them on board grow the section. I dont see why it should preclude them. There is parts that may not be appropriate but the more inclusive it is the better the chance of success. 

13 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Spot on.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on.

Got to agree with children but women/mums should be able do join in if they choose. I have no idea why they'd want to though.

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

I would say we are losing family fans to Hibs. Just my opinion though. Atmosphere could be amazing if its inclusive. To exclude people because you cant sing songs you shouldn’t is not the way to go surely? 

You know what attracts young fans? Trips to cup finals.

Start doing that more than once every few years and you will see plenty of families attracted to Hearts.

Throwing in a European run past July will help as well.

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Got to agree with children but women/mums should be able do join in if they choose. I have no idea why they'd want to though.

Yeah, agree with that.

18 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

1368384A-142A-4A27-99EF-A3B132E24C3D.gif

This post in its isolation is probably a bit smart arsed, and for that I apologise. But I’ve got to say that the suggestion that HMFC don’t do enough for bairns has me gobsmacked. We probably do more than most to encourage families along, it’s about time we started looking after the teens/twenty somethings a bit better tbh ??

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

This post in its isolation is probably a bit smart arsed, and for that I apologise. But I’ve got to say that the suggestion that HMFC don’t do enough for bairns has me gobsmacked. We probably do more than most to encourage families along, it’s about time we started looking after the teens/twenty somethings a bit better tbh ??

The flipside being, why should the club do more for the teens/twentysomethings when they haven't at any other time?

Once you reach that age group, surely you're old enough to think for yourself and make something positive happen off your own back,b if you can be bothered?

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

The flipside being, why should the club do more for the teens/twentysomethings when they haven't at any other time?

Once you reach that age group, surely you're old enough to think for yourself and make something positive happen off your own back,b if you can be bothered?

...because they’re (at the very least) as important as families?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

...because they’re (at the very least) as important as families?

So what should the club do for this 'disenfranchised generation' then?

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Dunno. Maybe start by quashing the notion of a ‘family friendly’ singing section? ??

...a bit disco
Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Dunno. Maybe start by quashing the notion of a ‘family friendly’ singing section? ??

Fair do's, but is that not the responsibility of the singing section though?

All Hearts done for me at the age of 16-25 was take my cash and give me a ticket in exchange!

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Fair do's, but is that not the responsibility of the singing section though?

All Hearts done for me at the age of 16-25 was take my cash and give me a ticket in exchange!

Yes but you'd then go and be part of an atmosphere that didn't involve middle aged guys tutoring every time someone opened their mouth.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Yes but you'd then go and be part of an atmosphere that didn't involve middle aged guys tutoring every time someone opened their mouth.

Surely it's not down to the club to do everything for them though?  Though it was good to see some of them get off their arses and give it a try. Kudos to them for that, if nothing else.

Like I said, the club never done anything for me. I was a fan and that was enough.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Surely it's not down to the club to do everything for them though?  Though it was good to see some of them get off their arses and give it a try. Kudos to them for that, if nothing else.

Like I said, the club never done anything for me. I was a fan and that was enough.

But I'd guess it wasn't just watching the football, it was the atmosphere too.

I think that's now lacking for youngsters. 

...a bit disco
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

But I'd guess it wasn't just watching the football, it was the atmosphere too.

I think that's now lacking for youngsters. 

Doesn't mean the club has to bend over backwards for them though. Let them do it, but do it properly. Particularly if the are 'officially' representing the club.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, maroonexile said:

Realy don't get you there. I was at games when 16-25 and the club put f all on to attract a demographic. I went to watch hearts. If being hearts and a fan is not enough the new 16-25 can get to.

19 hours ago, Hertz51 said:

Notice that the hibs lot had a march to the game tonight 

Done it for both European games. I can hear their nonsense from my flat.

9 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Song idea:

Ste-ven Naismith do-do-do-do-do

Ik-Pe-Azu Do-do-do-do-do-do

Peter Haring do-do-do-do

Repeat. For ever.

No no no no no no no.  And no. Will never get that bloody song out my head

CloustonHMFC
49 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I think another category of pricing for 18-25 year olds should be in place to fall in line with the fact they get paid less than 25+. That would be a very progressive way to approach our pricing and would ultimately result in more of that generation to attend.

AlphonseCapone
On 8/9/2018 at 17:36, Jambof3tornado said:

I did wonder why the public nature of the corteo announcement to be honest.

This isnt going to go well.

Why wouldn't it be public if they want folk to join? 

The idea they shouldn't have done this because it might encourage some celtic fans to start is ridiculous. That says far more about those Celtic fans. Why shouldn't our lads do something in their own patch if they want? As long as they behave that's all they are responsible for. 

Just been catching up with this thread in general. If the Council have refused this permission, how does that work? There's nothing to stop folk walking at the same, from the same place, to the same place. Or has it been refused in the sense there won't be police or anything to officially monitor it? 

Saw a few folk claim we are losing young fans to Hibs, I don't even know how that works tbh but let's roll if that notion. How are folk so confident about the atmosphere at Easter Road being so good as to attract young fans? I've no idea what it's like except a derby but I'd be astounded if it is any different to most run of the mill atmospheres. 

I think a lot of people moaning about the atmosphere are being a manipulated by nostalgia about what it used to be like. I'm sure it was marginally better but the aspects that created that are things that will never be again: standing, standing with your mates, easier to 'interact' with away fans etc. 

I go first and foremost to watch a game of football. It's a better experience when the atmosphere is good but no way will it ever be the deciding factor on whether I go. I'm going to the football, I can catch a karaoke if I'm that desperate to sing. 

23 hours ago, Lido said:

Memories! Who remembers leaving the two pubs in the bus station at St. Andrews sq. (can't mind the names) about 2 pm. Couple of hundred of us, by the time we got to the top of Easter Road there were two thousand of us. Great times.

Memories indeed. And all part of the overall experience that ultimately sucked you in. 

With all the shit the younger generation have to contend with now it's no wonder the numbers have dropped.

59 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No no no no no no no.  And no. Will never get that bloody song out my head

Perfect! 

20 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Memories indeed. And all part of the overall experience that ultimately sucked you in. 

With all the shit the younger generation have to contend with now it's no wonder the numbers have dropped.

Dropped since when? 

He came across the border, 

To join a better league, 

He signed a 3 year contract, 

Once he spoke to Craig levein, 

He came and signed from Luton, 

And now he’s joined the Hearts,

The boy is always shooting,

And he's tearing teams apart.....

Olly Olly Lee,

Olly Olly Lee ?

Supersonic94
28 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Let's make some noise tomorrow folks ???? 12th Man needed ????

How many numbers are expected for tomorrows march?

Gorgie_Rules
42 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

To join a better league, 

Olly Olly Lee,

Olly Olly Lee ?

Swap the ‘joined the Hearts’ and ‘always shooting’ line and you've nailed it

Heard the march has been cancelled? But not sure what the authorities can do if word gets round the pub everyone is leaving at 12?

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

getting away with it has versality if nothing else as can substitute any number of our cheating incidents in fairly easily

getting away with it

grass too long

getting away with it

grass too long

**** you brenda 

getting away with it

2 point fine

getting away with it

2 point fine

won the wee cup (hopefully)

not as catchy as the sharks tbf

3 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Swap the ‘joined the Hearts’ and ‘always shooting’ line and you've nailed it

Heard the march has been cancelled? But not sure what the authorities can do if word gets round the pub everyone is leaving at 12?

That's how it's meant to go think it's just an error. Was sung at Hamilton.

12 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Song idea:

Peter Haring do-do-do-do

Repeat. For ever.

This song is on in our house 24/7. It’s  in my head 24/7. My two year old is obsessed. Argh. ?

bringbakterracing
On 09/08/2018 at 21:30, Lido said:

Memories! Who remembers leaving the two pubs in the bus station at St. Andrews sq. (can't mind the names) about 2 pm. Couple of hundred of us, by the time we got to the top of Easter Road there were two thousand of us. Great times.

Absolutely mate. Loved it, chased those tramps all the way to the ground too. Great times indeed ??

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

To join a better league, 

Olly Olly Lee,

Olly Olly Lee ?

Good effort and it seemed to catch on at Hamilton. Would also love to see us try the "Uche's on fire, your defence is terrified" one as was previously suggested. 3800 belting that out at ER when the big man scores his hatrick would be superb.

On 08/08/2018 at 21:47, AlphonseCapone said:

Being in G I can confirm there was in fact singing. G can't hear N most of the time and probably vice versa. The rest of the ground aren't even worthy of a mention. 

The noisiest section last season tended to be the pissed up corporate folk in the Gorgie Stand.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Song idea:

Peter Haring do-do-do-do

Repeat. For ever.

Lafferty

michael smith

arnaud djoum

olly lee

popcorn teeth

9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Lafferty

michael smith

arnaud djoum

olly lee

popcorn teeth

See if the SSO dinny sing this tune the morn... they are shite!

5 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Since a were a lad Dave. :)

I think that’s just a perception. No hard data to support it. I remember in the 70s folk said we we were doomed as the Hearts support was made up of mainly old people. ?

6 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

To join a better league, 

Olly Olly Lee,

Olly Olly Lee ?

Why change the lyrics from the way they were from the original? 

On 07/08/2018 at 21:22, Jambof3tornado said:

I know you have little control over what may happen so good luck with it.

Why exactly? If you organise it and anything happens, it's on you. 

I can’t see the Polis allowing this today to be honest. Not against Celtic, Rangers or Hibs. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why exactly? If you organise it and anything happens, it's on you. 

I can’t see the Polis allowing this today to be honest. Not against Celtic, Rangers or Hibs. 

Grown adults will do what they like. Hard to blame the one running things.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
11 hours ago, redm said:

This song is on in our house 24/7. It’s  in my head 24/7. My two year old is obsessed. Argh. ?

This. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good luck to the lads today , hope you get the place bouncing 

If the team on the park perform then it will be bouncing.

• davemclaren locked this topic