Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm delighted he's joined us and I look forward to him making fun of Hibernian on Sunday.

I'm just as excited about all the youngsters though.  After a pretty grim period that I don't entirely put down to Cathro, things are really looking up now.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricardo Shillyshally
8 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Just had a call to say he'll be signing in the next couple of days. Don Cowie has been influential in this.

Hope it's true

I see the press are now reporting this too. Fingers crossed it all goes through.

In terms of his wages I was told he is on 30k PW at  Norwich and they will continue to pay 20k. Don't know how much we are paying him.

Hats off to all concerned. This is an excellent bit of business

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

To Ben Jonest on paper Petra’s should of been an incredible player for us. The amount of caps he had and the team he played for were brilliant. Straceny didn’t have as great a record but back in that time you had to have something about you to be capped for Czech Republic.

Didn’t daz post on here about Naismith and Lafferty before it was posted anywhere else- before it was on the newspaper or social media? Not really a 50/50 guess then is it? It is a 1/1727289 guess with all the players we are able to sign in the world 

Yep, prior to coming Petras was an important part of the same Sparta Prague side that later put us out of Europe the following season then after leaving he played regularly for various decent Serie B sides and for Slovakia at the 2010 World Cup. 

In a more ‘settled’ time he’d have been an brilliant signing for us.

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Didn’t daz post on here about Naismith and Lafferty before it was posted anywhere else- before it was on the newspaper or social media? Not really a 50/50 guess then is it? It is a 1/1727289 guess with all the players we are able to sign in the world 

I think daz started the original Naismith thread on hogmanay. Well before it was in the media. 

Hope all the trollers of Daz are preparing their apologies for today 

He Called it weeks ago. Slapped his massive Gonads straight on the table for everyone to see. Took some stick some ridicule but Daz still has his massive gahoona's oot and those who doubted him should be made to polish them for the next few weeks 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

He Called it weeks ago. Slapped his massive Gonads straight on the table for everyone to see. Took some stick some ridicule but Daz still has his massive gahoona's oot and those who doubted him should be made to polish them for the next few weeks 

If this goes through in the next day or so hats of to daz. He can come on here and give it big licks to us doubters. 

Good, let's hope this stops all the internecine squabbling for a while and we all concentrate on skelping the vermin on Sunday.

5 hours ago, sadj said:

Lol i did have a glance but i glazed over half way through their posts... I said earlier they were on about how Berra and Naismith wouldn’t get near their team and how Stevie Mallan is the second coming of Maradona...

just have to wait and see what happens next ?

Yes would be difficult to oust qualify players like Paul Hanlon and Simon Murray from their team.

I never read the papers but admit I just had a wee peak due to thread. Wish I hadn’t as I’m now convinced scarf above the head time is imminent. I am going to be so disappointed if this doesn’t happen!!! 

i wish jj was my dad

If this comes off it looks like the review of  our recruitment policy has paid off spectacularly.  Even the most bitter critics have to acknowledge that.

IMO McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty, Naismith are better than we are entitled to expect.  Smith, Callachan and Milo haven't been bad either and I haven't given up on Stockton either.

Hats off to all involved

14 hours ago, Markymark said:

Called it. Full of shite. You did. You know it can’t be quoted as last thread deleted.

Had you not thrown shite patter about Diarra into the mix then you’d have got away with an easier ride.

Quoted myself. My apologies Daz (if he does sign today) 

unfair criticism so I apologise. 

2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Quoted myself. My apologies Daz (if he does sign today) 

unfair criticism so I apologise. 

Fair play mark. Right whos next? 

What a fecking coup. Hopefully he can rediscover his best.

:pleasing:

Well done Daza, hopefully you haven't been put off sharing information in the future because of a few select plonkers.

Now, midfield?  

Bit o this and that getting thrown about; at the end o the day it’s a Footie forum, people tune in cause they might read a wee snippet about a potential signing, it may be true may not be .. keep the rumours coming it’s magic ! Like kickback of old .. feck the haters

GorgieRules22
12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Fair play mark. Right whos next? 

Grow up mate.

The guys called a signing right and we're equally all delighted if it comes off.

47 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If this comes off it looks like the review of  our recruitment policy has paid off spectacularly.  Even the most bitter critics have to acknowledge that.

IMO McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty, Naismith are better than we are entitled to expect.  Smith, Callachan and Milo haven't been bad either and I haven't given up on Stockton either.

Hats off to all involved

I would add Randall to that list as well.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The scale of the upgrade from Walker in the No 10 role.

:sweeet:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Walker has been an empty jersey in Derbies for how long?

Naismith is twice the player Walker has been. At least.

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Grow up mate.

The guys called a signing right and we're equally all delighted if it comes off.

Genuinely canni see why you'd ask kimosavi to grow up...unless youve misread his 'who's next?' line?

Surely he meant 'who's next?' In terms of signings, not in terms of apologies due???

Has this been confirmed? Apologies if its earlier in the thread but can't see much on Google. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Genuinely canni see why you'd ask kimosavi to grow up...unless youve misread his 'who's next?' line?

Surely he meant 'who's next?' In terms of signings, not in terms of apologies due???

Fairly evident he meant who's next to apologise, as I say quite childish.

Lets all just be happy if this comes off and the guy has been right.

Of he has been right then hats off to him.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Yes well done to Daz

sick of reading the abuse he has taken in the last 2 days 

will always read with interest of Daz says we are looking as someone

hopw wee Naismith scores the winner on Sunday 

12 hours ago, LoveNgoo said:

Just had a quick browse and it seems the common consensus is that Daza is a bit of a slaver? Who’d have thunk it eh :rofl::facepalm: 

AND STILL the biggest fantasist on JKB. Some achievement, kid. 

Now, where's that apology...

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Would have been better a permanent deal. We'll be getting his up stuff speed to sign for Rangers in the summer. 

Maybe Ngoo is driving Escobar down the humble pie shop right now, but just because they fancy some, not because they deserve a slice each or because of anything posted recently ... obviously ;) we’ll done Daz and Notts. 

If the people who jump on others understood the variables involved in getting a deal over the line perhaps they would take it for what it is, snippets of advanced information as opposed to a binding contract. 

Ive been with agents just after they ordered a celebratory bottle of chateau neuf, only for the phone to ring and the bottle to go wasted. 

Keep the the info coming guys, to most it’s welcone and enjoyed.

What really gets me moist about this is the great core of experience we now have to bring the kids along. Cochrane,, Macdonald, Brandon etc surrounded by pros like Naismith, Berra, Cowie and Lafferty. What a place to learn your trade.If this comes off!!

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fairly evident he meant who's next to apologise, as I say quite childish.

Lets all just be happy if this comes off and the guy has been right.

Of he has been right then hats off to him.

Suppose that's the thing about a piece of ambiguous text, you can read it anyway you want. Still, I definately think he was referencing new signings!

Still, nae big deal either way??

iain ferguson
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

What really gets me moist about this is the great core of experience we now have to bring the kids along. Cochrane,, Macdonald, Brandon etc surrounded by pros like Naismith, Berra, Cowie and Lafferty. What a place to learn your trade.If this comes off!!

Similar to the mid 80’s team and thinking where CL was one of the youngsters.

Love Hearts fans it's incredible how everything is now gospel in the Daily Record.

I don't doubt Daz at all but I'm not over the moon yet.

Is there anyway we can get a Naismith song to a Billie Piper tune? 

I think that is the only natural way to end this debacle once he’s signed. 

7 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Like everyone else I’ll be delighted if he signs. If people want to believe that the two ITK posters actually knew something and weren’t just taking a 50-50 guess that they both left open to back away from incidentally, that’s up to them. Personally and with no offence whatsoever, I don’t believe either of them and I have nothing to apologise for.

GET IT RIGHT ROON YE!!!!!!

Just now, iain ferguson said:

Similar to the mid 80’s team and thinking where CL was one of the youngsters.

Was just thinking about that myself. Real dads and lads set up. 

Maroonblood22
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This, in spades!

IF we manage to get him in then what a transformation since the end of last season, we really are the team to join for players at all different stages in their careers. Finally getting the balance right.

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It could still go down the shitter.

:sob:

I was kinda thinking that myself..... would point out I’ve taken no side at all in terms of the Dad vs JKB war which went on - but I can’t help but think that the ‘everyone better get their apologies in’ stuff might be a wee bit premature at this stage surely?!

Heres hoping that apologies ARE due, but I certainly wouldn’t be coming out bamming folk up about it just yet!

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

No idea why your saying that to me mate. At no stage did I quote you. Attack you or doubt you or comment on anything you said

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Never had any reason to doubt you DJ and that statement sounds like you are extremely confident. 

I'm starting to believe it's happening.

So when do the virtual fisticuffs start about the midfielder? 

Any more insights anywhere about the forward and/or Laff out?

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

When did you get a job in the Daily Record daza :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

I've no idea why people think no one can possibly have a bit of inside info on transfers.. Bizarre..  Not only have many on the board been on the money a few times over the years All people need to have is a contact with an average coach or player.. It's not like you need someone inside the north Korean government.. 

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived