Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

GorgieRulesApply
20 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Clearly not been to any games in the last year or two. Guy is constantly down faking injuries and rarely try's to sprint. Not sure what his issue is

missed 5 games in 2 years mate, im sure he doesn't fake injuries as is well documented he is injury prone. was clearly injured against hibs on 27th and still carried on playing. sprinting past people isn't his game but he still runs a lot more than most when he plays

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

£300k according to this rag but I think that was back when we thought we might be getting a bit more for Walker.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-make-improved-offer-300000-10689632

I think Motherwell disputed the increased bid was ever made

We need pace in the side. Not sure if Cadden is that player. Probably beyond our price range too 

GorgieRulesApply
15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Acting like a petulant penis is a surefire way of getting the fans to turn on you. 

The guys a snake, extremely slow, naturally unfit, injury prone and most importantly a loser. He will never be a player outwith Scotland. 

he openly admitted to going about things the wrong way but who could blame him? playing under a coach who had no clue, players who didn't play for the badge and he knew he could get more money elsewhere. hes not the quickest player in the world but certainly not slow. you must've been some player when you were younger if you rate him that badly

On his current form he certainly will not be missed. His attitude of late has been very poor, and shown up by Cochrane & McDonald who showed what willingness and enthusiasm is required.

He is 100% to blame for his damaged reputation with the ridiculous rangers comments.

Sad to see a promising young player leave, but I don't think he ended up being as good as we thought he would be! (and leaving for 300k is way below the million we anticipated 18 months ago)

34 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

some of the stuff on this thread is one of the reasons i cant stand hearts fans, the attitude towards jamie is shocking, he's served us very well and helped us back to where we belong. there really is no pleasing some of our support

Hi Jamie

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, red said:

Good Riddance to him! He better hope he makes a good few quid cause this is his last upward move in football! 

Very harsh.

12 hours ago, Spencer said:

Absolutely right. I thought we should have taken the money and ran in the summer.

We have got precisely what I feared we would get from him in the intervening 6 months - nothing. 

Rangers ultimately offered nothing, so there was no money to run away with.

Good player but, for whatever reason, he hasn’t been at his best for around a year. Right for both him and the club if he moves during this window. 

Oh well, at least it will bring the curtain down on what has been a very devisiive situation for us. Hopefully we can get on with supporting who ever pulls on the jersey now. 

5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Wonder how long it will be before he ends up at Rangers possibly on loan after he doesn't settle.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Wonder how long it will be before he ends up at Rangers possibly on loan after he doesn't settle.

I'd still rather keep him, but he wants to leave, so out the country is best all round.

9 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Do we really know that for sure? They did other business in the summer and are about to pay north of £1M for Murphy 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

:laugh:

C'mon, let's not get carried away with the hate to the point we are rewriting Miko's time at the club. He was wildly inconsistent,  and often hid and shirked his way through games.

I think the problem with Miko and  Chesny was where they played, on the left they had Takis to play with and on the right it was Robbie which is a world of difference. 

Jamie is also inconsistent and rarely fit enough to play 90 minutes. I wish him all the best but I feel he will back up here within two years at a bottom 6 club.

Just now, Spencer said:

Do we really know that for sure? They did other business in the summer and are about to pay north of £1M for Murphy 

It was all paper talk. Suggests to me it was more about unsettling a player than paying for him.

Just now, Dunks said:

It was all paper talk. Suggests to me it was more about unsettling a player than paying for him.

Why would they do that? 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and welcome to debate that of course.

Walker better than Driver is akin to arguing the earth is flat though in my opinion.

Driver, Miko and co were more traditional wingers. Walker can also play centrally or behind the strikers and has done well there. Maybe we shouldn’t compare them, but that, plus his goals to games ratio and ability to hit a free kick makes Walker a more effective player for Hearts than the others. Driver was never the same after his injury, but was much more of a fast winger than Walker.

i agree with someone else, the last year has made people forget that Walker has been a very good player for us - a very big part of the revival since admin up to the start of 2017 when everything went pete tong on the pitch for us.

53 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Clearly not been to any games in the last year or two. Guy is constantly down faking injuries and rarely try's to sprint. Not sure what his issue is

Year or TWO? Last year fair enough but he was outstanding the previous year just for his goals alone.

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Why would they do that? 

It’s what Rangers (old and new) have always done. To us several times as any Hearts fan would know.

Just now, socrates82 said:

It’s what Rangers (old and new) have always done. To us several times as any Hearts fan would know.

They have done it to us when they have genuinely wanted one of our players.

This is bordering on the stuff on here that Celtic wouldn't sell Scott Allan to us as we are a "rival" 

You really think Rangers have sought to unsettle Jamie Walker just to shit stir? 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

They have done it to us when they have genuinely wanted one of our players.

This is bordering on the stuff on here that Celtic wouldn't sell Scott Allan to us as we are a "rival" 

You really think Rangers have sought to unsettle Jamie Walker just to shit stir? 

To get him to request a transfer and get us to accept less money.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

To get him to request a transfer and get us to accept less money.

I just hope we get something for him this month. More crucially that he leaves this month and is replaced by someone who wants to play for Hearts 

Bit of a sad ending to his career with Hearts.

Considering how long he has been with us he has done a lot more good than bad.

Hope he does well down south.

1 hour ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

some of the stuff on this thread is one of the reasons i cant stand hearts fans, the attitude towards jamie is shocking, he's served us very well and helped us back to where we belong. there really is no pleasing some of our support

Well that's too bad.suck it up

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The latest from Wigan

Very little on their forum. He will be raging they didn't take him to Nandos! :rolleyes:

Non plussed.

If he does well it will prove what a stinking attitude he's shown recently, if he fails it'll prove what a stinking attitude he has full stop because we all know full well he can play.

Couldn't give a Shit either way tbh.

Wish the laddie well. Yes he was badly advised at some point, I’m not gonna let that tarnish how he’s been a great servant to the club. Through admin days etc he was one of the kids who stepped up to the plate. In championship winning season he was excellent. He goes with my best wishes and I hope he goes on and proves himself down south. Good luck Jamie and all the best young man. Go and do yourself justice. 

41 minutes ago, red said:

Good Riddance to him! He better hope he makes a good few quid cause this is his last upward move in football! 

Not sure you could class moving from us to Wigan as being an upward move. Going from Scotland's beautiful capital city where he's been playing in front of  crowds in excess of 16000 to a club based in the arse-end of nowhere who struggle to get 10000 most weeks. He may well be getting a hefty increase in salary but is that all he wants?

Good luck to him anyway.

GorgieRulesApply
2 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Wish the laddie well. Yes he was badly advised at some point, I’m not gonna let that tarnish how he’s been a great servant to the club. Through admin days etc he was one of the kids who stepped up to the plate. In championship winning season he was excellent. He goes with my best wishes and I hope he goes on and proves himself down south. Good luck Jamie and all the best young man. Go and do yourself justice. 

this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

And if there is a sell on fee of course.......but lets not get carried away

I was more bothered about saying farewell to my last shite.    

Could have been a very good player and capped for Scotland.    No chance now due to a poor work ethic which he may regret later.

Cheerio.

hearts attack

I agree entirely.Jamie has been a very good servant for the club. Injury has hindered him in recent times but he is still a good player.

indianajones
53 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

he openly admitted to going about things the wrong way but who could blame him? playing under a coach who had no clue, players who didn't play for the badge and he knew he could get more money elsewhere. hes not the quickest player in the world but certainly not slow. you must've been some player when you were younger if you rate him that badly

There guy posted shite on social media that was so far out of order its unreal. There are no excuses for treating the club and fans like that. In the situation you've just explained,  he chose to be a rat instead of knuckling down and attempting to remedy the situation. Absolute petulance. 

It genuinely annoys me we are in the situation of needing to play him at the moment. He should be given the full vlad flu treatment. 

I'll ignore your attempt at a dig at the end (ffs). 

tolcross lad

I have sympathy for your views on Walker.He was our main asset at the time and yet it was Cathro( a complete novice who lacked man management skills} who was discussing his future with Hearts.A sure recipe for disaster like all things Cathro,

Walker is past his time with us.He needs to go and could become good at another club.

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-wingers-up-for-young-player-of-year-award-1-3752511

in the running for both the Scottish young player of the year and the Championship player of the year. Would have almost czertainly won the championship one if we hadn’t had three nominees whereas Hibs just had Allan. Walker had more goals and assists than Allan IIRC 

True but I don't think he was exceptional. I think driver would have stood out at that level to a much greater degree. The other two also.

I'm not running Jamie down; he has been at times a very good player. I just don't think he's near the level of driver or will have the career success the other two have experienced.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Rangers really did a number on Walker, not for the first or last time. They succeeded in unsettling our best player at the time. Job done for them as they clearly didn’t want him as badly as he thought they did. Cautionary tale indeed that should be used as a case study for other players ( if players get coached on that sort of stuff).

So true, their plan worked 

Despite the fact he’s been shite for the last year, I wish him well - he was a good player  for us up til then. I’m glad he’s moving on though as his performances have not been good enough for far too long. 

The young players in the team would do well to look at him as an example of how not to handle things when you’re looking to move on. In complete contrast with people like Neil McCann and Paul Hartley who are still universally loved despite moving onto the OF. And they should also avoid his agent like the ****ing plague. 

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

True but I don't think he was exceptional. I think driver would have stood out at that level to a much greater degree. The other two also.

I'm not running Jamie down; he has been at times a very good player. I just don't think he's near the level of driver or will have the career success the other two have experienced.

Totally agree, he doesn't even come close to Driver 

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Zico said:

Despite the fact he’s been shite for the last year, I wish him well - he was a good player  for us up til then. I’m glad he’s moving on though as his performances have not been good enough for far too long. 

The young players in the team would do well to look at him as an example of how not to handle things when you’re looking to move on. In complete contrast with people like Neil McCann and Paul Hartley who are still universally loved despite moving onto the OF. And they should also avoid his agent like the ****ing plague. 

Exactly mate 

:indeed:

letsalldothebeattie

Genuinely quite surprised by the amount of hate or anemosity towards Jamie. I didn’t think as many of our support was against him.  Yes I will agree towards the end he has frustrated me because I know he’s got the talent to be a consistent top player for us and any side from Championship etc but he hasn’t shown that regularly enough lately. But you can’t forget he has been a good servant to this club and given us some of the finest performances by a player in the last few years at Tynie. I will always wish him well and maybe in the future like Christophe he will come home for one last spell

GorgieRulesApply
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

There guy posted shite on social media that was so far out of order its unreal. There are no excuses for treating the club and fans like that. In the situation you've just explained,  he chose to be a rat instead of knuckling down and attempting to remedy the situation. Absolute petulance. 

It genuinely annoys me we are in the situation of needing to play him at the moment. He should be given the full vlad flu treatment. 

he admitted his wrongdoings and apologised to fans but with that fud as his agent his head was always going to be turned. we have also recently proven that we don't need to play him so that comment is nonsense pal

I hope he has a successful time at Wigan and the deal is one that will help him support his young family.

He's sadly not kicked on since the Championship apart from one run of games between the end of 15/16 and the start of 16/17.

His handling of the proposed move to Rangers was poor and frustrating for us supporters. I don't blame players, particularly those who play in Scotland, from seeking a move that will treble their income. There's a way to go about it though.

As is stands we won't miss him as he's not been contributing much of late. The money will help to shape the squad in one way or another too. There are plenty of young talents to be excited about at Hearts at the moment.

indianajones
9 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

he admitted his wrongdoings and apologised to fans but with that fud as his agent his head was always going to be turned. we have also recently proven that we don't need to play him so that comment is nonsense pal

Still no excuse and the blame doesnt solely lie with the agent. He should've known better. 

You clearly didn't read my comment. We've been forced to play him (Hibs game) and it annoys me we have such a pish squad that it was required. 

It's no secret that Hearts are a better team without Jamie Walker in it. 

21 minutes ago, indianajones said:

“Social” media

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic