Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Wish Jamie well. One of my fav players until recent months. Glad he is leaving Scotland and wish him all the best.

However, with no Walker and Laverty for the cup game we need to recruit well in forward positions.  

Hopefully Lafferty’s appeal is successful. Cochrane starting v Hibs would be my preference over Walker. Hopefully bring in another midfielder before then too. Milinkovic, McDonald and Djoum hopefully all available.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Il see him playing at Rochdale this season. 

Wigan should cruise out of League 1 easy, so he will be playing in the Championship next season.

Although, apparently they're close to a Chinese takeover, so that could potentially see the manager gone in a year or so.

All the best to him, he will do absolutely fine in League 1.

Just now, Ryder said:

Hopefully Lafferty’s appeal is successful. Cochrane starting v Hibs would be my preference over Walker. Hopefully bring in another midfielder before then too. Milinkovic, McDonald and Djoum hopefully all available.

I agree and without trying to appear dramatic but a win would continue the good feeling around the club and take us through to the end of the season.

Actually that does seem a bit dramatic but you get my point.

Just now, PTBCAL said:

I agree and without trying to appear dramatic but a win would continue the good feeling around the club and take us through to the end of the season.

Actually that does seem a bit dramatic but you get my point.

I do.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11682/11196379/hearts-jamie-walker-undergoing-medical-at-wigan

Good not going to Rangers, but that’s a money move that smacks of little ambition IMO. Hopefully for him his next move is to a bigger/better club and not back up the road to Glasgow. 

Edited by CBjambo

Glamorgan Jambo

Best of luck to Jamie with his move if it gets completed. Good move for him, 6 months to settle in at his new club and then very likely the Championship. A much better move for him footballing wise than a trip along the M8.

Clerry Jambo
14 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Wish Jamie well. One of my fav players until recent months. Glad he is leaving Scotland and wish him all the best.

However, with no Walker and Laverty for the cup game we need to recruit well in forward positions.  

This in spades!!

David McCaig

Good riddance... He lacks pace, physicality and work rate. This time next year he'll be back in Scotland looking for a loan move!!

If we get £300k for him, it's a steal.

He did a lot of good for us, and of course Hearts did a lot of good for him. Good luck to him. I hope a move to WIgan works out very well for him.

Ron Burgundy
15 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Hope he enjoys playing in league 1 in front of 8000. All about the money.

He never looks like he's enjoying his football.

Always looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

So do I Ryder, however the BBC media witch hunt has pretty much condemned him to a ban!!!

I know we need a LB and midfielder, but I see a striker being our real priority before the cup tie.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Disagree with that too. The rest of the league was also much better back then, they were doing it against much better teams. Jamie Walker wouldn't have got in those teams ahead of them to become a start imo.

Let's not forget that Jamie Walker wasn't even a star in the Championship despite being in a team much, much better than the majority of teams

He wasn't a star in the Championship? Agree to disagree definitely.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

To be fair thats just his posture and and as I recall it he has always been like that, similarly not very forthcoming at interviews . Neither of those did him any favours.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So do I Ryder, however the BBC media witch hunt has pretty much condemned him to a ban!!!

I know we need a LB and midfielder, but I see a striker being our real priority before the cup tie.

Is a LB a major neccessity at the moment. When we have Randall RB and Berra and Souttar/Hughes in centre defence Smith/Brandon at LB were solid enough to have conceded 2 in 9? Maybe we can focus efforts on the creativity and finishing if its a choice of who we can bring in now and look to upgrade LB in the summer?

Edited by sadj

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

This is why I think its a sad end for the boy. For whatever reason he seems miserable. The donkey from Winnie the Pooh

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

To be fair thats just his posture and and as I recall it he has always been like that, similarly not very forthcoming at interviews . Neither of those did him any favours.

I don't think he has a very positive midset which shows in his body language. If he egts this sorted then he could become a better player but unlikely to change at 24.

13 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11682/11196379/hearts-jamie-walker-undergoing-medical-at-wigan

Good not going to Rangers, but that’s a money move that smacks of little ambition IMO. Hopefully for him his next move is to a bigger/better club and not back up the road to Glasgow. 

Not having a go but genuinely interested in what would constitute an ambitious move?  He can only move to a club interested in him.  Wigan will be championship next year which is as high as he could possibly play in England right now.  

Really should be a bit disappointed to see him go as he does have talent, but I'm not. We've seen far better leave and we've survived.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Good riddance... He lacks pace, physicality and work rate. This time next year he'll be back in Scotland looking for a loan move!!

If we get £300k for him, it's a steal.

Doesn't lack any of those, he has been a brilliant player for Hearts. If he's gone he'll need replaced effectively

Dallas Green

He will end up at Rangers. I'm just glad we didn't sell to them. I hope it works out for him down south.

scott herbertson
55 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Disagree with that too. The rest of the league was also much better back then, they were doing it against much better teams. Jamie Walker wouldn't have got in those teams ahead of them to become a start imo.

Let's not forget that Jamie Walker wasn't even a star in the Championship despite being in a team much, much better than the majority of teams

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-wingers-up-for-young-player-of-year-award-1-3752511

in the running for both the Scottish young player of the year and the Championship player of the year. Would have almost czertainly won the championship one if we hadn’t had three nominees whereas Hibs just had Allan. Walker had more goals and assists than Allan IIRC 

David McCaig
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Doesn't lack any of those, he has been a brilliant player for Hearts. If he's gone he'll need replaced effectively

He's slower than a week in jail!!

And there is no way he could have produced the work rate over 90 minutes that Cowie and Milinkovic gave to inspire the 4-0 win over Celtic.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He doesn't lack pace? 

Are you being serious? 

5 minutes ago, Muirhead said:

Not having a go but genuinely interested in what would constitute an ambitious move?  He can only move to a club interested in him.  Wigan will be championship next year which is as high as he could possibly play in England right now.  

Is that a definite?!

No.

Not saying he can make the move to an epl club now but I’m suprised he’s not being looked at by championship clubs. There are others in the spl that are and it may only because of whom they play for. He’s a standout performer in the spl and I think he’s worthy of a move to a better club than Wigan - appreciate can only go where they want you tho. 

But why why not just stay?!

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

He doesn't lack pace? 

Are you being serious? 

Isn't very quick but he's quite quick, hes different type of fast too he's quick thinking.

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

True. Isma’s recent collapse of form would suggest we do.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

Is that a definite?!

No.

Not saying he can make the move to an epl club now but I’m suprised he’s not being looked at by championship clubs. There are others in the spl that are and it may only because of whom they play for. He’s a standout performer in the spl and I think he’s worthy of a move to a better club than Wigan - appreciate can only go where they want you tho. 

Not wanted by by a lot of the fans on here. Wanted better money. Has a young family. Injuries threaten his long term football future so needs to cash in now. Agent’s turned his head

you pays your money and takes your choice....

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

He's slower than a week in jail!!

And there is no way he could have produced the work rate over 90 minutes that Cowie and Milinkovic gave to inspire the 4-0 win over Celtic.

I would hazard a guess and say we would not have beaten Celtic with Walker in the team.

1 minute ago, CBjambo said:

Is that a definite?!

No.

Fair do’s - I don’t think him staying is better for either party now.  He needs a new challenge and is stagnating at us now.  He isn’t someone we rely on now as the Celtic game proved.  Whilst he can be our most dangerous attacking player, on current form his positives aren’t outweighing his negatives - I think this move is best for all

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Best of luck to Walker, up to the beginning of last year he had been a great servant to the club and helped us win a league title. The last 12 months have been a bitter time and tarnished a lot of the memories but hopefully he kicks on and does well down there.

Hopefully banking on the sevco dollar is a cautionary tale for our youngsters and they look south before they west. 

Thanks for the goals Jamie :thumbsup:

Good post

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Is that the last of our crop of youngsters from the relegation and championship seasons away then? B King, Walker, Carrick, Nicholson, Paterson, McHattie, McGhee, Smith, Holt, D McGowan..

Once Walker gets his move, can we ban that hun loving prick of an agent from Tynie? 

Wigan should be buying him now. Not wait for pre contract though realise that chat is about any injury.  

No guarantee they will get promoted with current squad. 

GorgieRulesApply

some of the stuff on this thread is one of the reasons i cant stand hearts fans, the attitude towards jamie is shocking, he's served us very well and helped us back to where we belong. there really is no pleasing some of our support

1 minute ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

some of the stuff on this thread is one of the reasons i cant stand hearts fans, the attitude towards jamie is shocking, he's served us very well and helped us back to where we belong. there really is no pleasing some of our support

Clearly not been to any games in the last year or two. Guy is constantly down faking injuries and rarely try's to sprint. Not sure what his issue is

14 years is a long time at any club these days.  Glad he is heading south and were looking like getting some money for him.  The hype around the Rangers defo affected him and his performances so hopefully this move will be a fresh start for him.

I don’t really understand the slow comments. He is one of the quickest players in the team. Milinkovic Instagram showed the stats recently and Walker was the fastest sprint speed in the St Johnstone game. 

Its a shame he’s leaving but I don’t feel he applies himself enough for the jersey these days. Won’t be missed.

David McCaig
Just now, Mort said:

I don’t really understand the slow comments. He is one of the quickest players in the team. Milinkovic Instagram showed the stats recently and Walker was the fastest sprint speed in the St Johnstone game. 

Its a shame he’s leaving but I don’t feel he applies himself enough for the jersey these days. Won’t be missed.

If he really is the fastest, then he is quite clearly the laziest as well then.

Dalstonjambo
14 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Is that the last of our crop of youngsters from the relegation and championship seasons away then? B King, Walker, Carrick, Nicholson, Paterson, McHattie, McGhee, Smith, Holt, D McGowan..

And probably only Paterson definitely at a higher level? 

Holt in and out of a poor rangers team, Nicholson not a guaranteed starter in MLS, Dylan McGowan on loan in South Korea. Rest all fallen off a cliff. Looks like we don't get many wrong really doesn't it.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

And probably only Paterson definitely at a higher level? 

Holt in and out of a poor rangers team, Nicholson not a guaranteed starter in MLS, Dylan McGowan on loan in South Korea. Rest all fallen off a cliff. Looks like we don't get many wrong really doesn't it.

Yes out of all them it's only really Paterson, Nicholson and Walker that were effective for us once we came back to the Prem, and the latter two faded in form. Hopefully our current crop of youngsters develop better and form a nucleus for years to come. 

Not sure he'll do well down there but good on him for trying and best of luck. 

Won me a few bob in his time as an anytime goalscorer.

Re this last season, he is obviously quick just doesn't seem it. Perhaps he has resigned himself to leaving saw what happened to Callum and decided not to exert himself too much in case of injury.

Guess we'll find out soon.

indianajones
6 minutes ago, GorgieRulesApply said:

Acting like a petulant penis is a surefire way of getting the fans to turn on you. 

The guys a snake, extremely slow, naturally unfit, injury prone and most importantly a loser. He will never be a player outwith Scotland. 

Elias Henry Furst

Was desperate for a move to Ibrox in the Summer and allowed his agent and others to turn his head. Sadly that’s how i’ll remember him.

Don’t know what was wrong with that group of players but they appeared to have ideas above themselves.

Perhaps the agent involved was indeed the common denominator.

Confident the young players we have coming through now will surround themselves with better people.

Back to Walker, will need to up his work rate and get his head right or he’ll get lost amongst a sea of fitter, stronger players.

Glad it all appears to be coming to a close and look forward to seeing who we bring in.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Acting like a petulant penis is a surefire way of getting the fans to turn on you. 

The guys a snake, extremely slow, naturally unfit, injury prone and most importantly a loser. He will never be a player outwith Scotland. 

Conclusive proof that Indiana Jones really does hate snakes...lol!!

Edited by David McCaig

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

You like him eh !

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic