Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

3 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks. I should have known that I was around when Gerry and The Pacemakers had the original hit. Better make sure I've go enough batteries in mine.:laugh:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not totally convinced by the reincarnation of David Templeton, never kicked a ball at Rangers for 3 years and failed miserably at  Tannadice last season, I might consider taking him trial next summer, see if can keep his form up with Accies till the end of the season, take him on trial pre season and reassess his fitness levels 

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

It was. The best part was I picked up a copy of the paper to have a look for myself after reading his article online. There was a double page spread showing the stadium and the “abandoned Skoda” was a split new Skoda Octavia parked in the car park outside the ground. Romanov invited them in to his home and gave them food and drink and they essentially just stood in a wee huddle giggling and being rude. Then when they got back to the weeg Jackson battered out that horrendous article.

The way Lithuanians were reported and treated by the press and in general was borderline racist.

Shameful stuff.

All the snide stuff about us and Hearts.

Meanwhile still never a real critique of the crook who is David Murray.

It also amuses me slightly when some see our country as forward thinking and it's only the English who act this way.

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

As it seems to be  a done deal we should wish him well, thank him for his service (remember he stuck with us in the bad times which seems to have been forgotten by some) and hope for his sake he recovers his form which could bring benefit to us further down the line.

Fans love their club but they need to realise that to a player it's a profession and their chance to improve the lot of their families. 

He's not broken any laws simply exercised his rights not to sign a new deal as we have done  in opting to sell him 

It does seem that way but has he passed the medical yet?

Son Of Anarchy
50 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I hope he gets back to his previous form,good luck to him.

I've been hoping that for 18 months now ;)

3 hours ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Good luck Jamie. Hope you do really well done there. Sick tae feck of this whole saga now.

Pretty much here I'm at.  Would have been nice for him to finish with a winning derby performance; instead, I still have this picture of him sitting on his arse in the middle of the park wondering what he needs to do to get subbed.  But as a product of our academy, I hope he does well.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agreed that I won’t change people’s mind but I do want to reply to some of the negatives.

1. £300k is not a lot of money to spend in the transfer market.

2. Temps is fit and has started 19 matches this season. When you sign any player you take a risk that’s why you do a medical. I remember Hearts we’re going to sign John Brown from Dundee and didn’t because he failed a medical. This proved to be a mistake as he signed for Rangers and played every match.

3. If Hamilton would accept less then great but I doubt they will.

I can absolutely guarantee you nobody will be offering them anything remotely close to £300k for Temps in January! 

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s not really though as I say Celtic are signing ten year olds for £75k and Temps was the November player of the month plus he can take a corner.

You have to be at the wind up. You can't possibly be so detached from reality that you don't think £300k is a lot of money for Hearts, and in Scottish football in general. 

Quite what a club that's played regular champions league football over the last few years has to do with it I've no idea either! 

23 minutes ago, Haken said:

Pretty much here I'm at.  Would have been nice for him to finish with a winning derby performance; instead, I still have this picture of him sitting on his arse in the middle of the park wondering what he needs to do to get subbed.  But as a product of our academy, I hope he does well.

It was a very sad watch during the Derby.  He simply didn't want to be out there.  Horrible behaviour from a player, but in such a fixture it's unforgivable 

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Correct Jake. 

The behaviour of the likes of Hun Jackson, Prick Gordon and others from that shithole city they primarily work in, does them no credit whatsoever and shows them up for the ignoramouses they really are. I know Gordon is a sheep shagging wankpiece but you get my drift as he is usually to be found chugging his arse off at the Mhank shitehouse.

These episodes and others have fuelled their dislike for our club, and the wank Gordon with his wee girly giggles really need to be taken to task. 

They would not last two minutes working for a decent broadcaster or newspaper instead of a tinpot company and a comic that I wouldn't wipe my dog's arse with. 

Feck the lot of them. Rant over.

Richard Gordon is a snide *****. Chortling away on Sportsound.  He's a ****ing disgrace.  Sportsound is an old boys network. Anytime Jim Duffy, Gordon Smith or High octane "Doddsy" get bulleted from a rare foray into football related employment, they are welcomed back into the fold with open arms. 

The fact they have allowed Dung to masquerade as a jounalist for decades tells it's own story 

Contrast that with BBC 5 Live and it would make your toes curl with embarrassment 

Edited by Spencer
Typo

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Richard Gordon is a snide *****. Chortling away on Sportsound.  He's a ****ing disgrace.  Sportsound is an old boys network. Anytime Jim Duffy, Gordon Smith or High octane "Doddsy" get bulleted from a rare foray into football related employment, they are welcomed back into the fold with open arms. 

The fact they have allowed Dung to masquerade as a jounalist for decades tells it's own story 

Contrast that with BBC 5 Live and it would make your toes curl with embarrassment 

Sportsound is the football equivalent of the White Heather Club, unfortunately. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You have to be at the wind up. You can't possibly be so detached from reality that you don't think £300k is a lot of money for Hearts, and in Scottish football in general. 

Quite what a club that's played regular champions league football over the last few years has to do with it I've no idea either! 

Not at the wind up at all. We have a turnover of £10 million and the players we signed on loan in last years window would have cost a pretty penny. We also paid fees north of £150k for Isma and Kenny Anderson.

Around that time,  Jim McLean made a claim that the Lithuanians (and other foreign players at Hearts) were the cause of a cheating culture that had entered the Scottish game.     

Scottish Football had never and still has never admitted the truth to itself.    It has a quite insane sense of moral superiority.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Not at the wind up at all. We have a turnover of £10 million and the players we signed on loan in last years window would have cost a pretty penny. We also paid fees north of £150k for Isma and Kenny Anderson.

Now you have cleared it up that you are not at the wind up your 300k remarks make you look a bit sillier.

SpruceBringsteen
16 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Neither of whom were 29 year old wingers who've spent the last 5 years doing little but eating cake and all the sauces they want.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Exactly. Willie Miller is a a boring auld slaver too.

Diadora Van Basten
43 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Now you have cleared it up that you are not at the wind up your 300k remarks make you look a bit sillier.

Who do you think we can sign for £300k?

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Who do you think we can sign for £300k?

Better than temps and for no money. Plenty out there waiting to be discovered.

Diadora Van Basten
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Better than temps and for no money. Plenty out there waiting to be discovered.

Thought as much you can’t.

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

As it seems to be  a done deal we should wish him well, thank him for his service (remember he stuck with us in the bad times which seems to have been forgotten by some) and hope for his sake he recovers his form which could bring benefit to us further down the line.

Fans love their club but they need to realise that to a player it's a profession and their chance to improve the lot of their families. 

He's not broken any laws simply exercised his rights not to sign a new deal as we have done  in opting to sell him 

Fair post....  

indianajones

Pretty much resigned to the fact that a huge portion of our fans are soft as dug shite. 

Yes its correct that Jamie Walker has not broken any laws in exercising his right to not to sign a new contract. Yes he can move on and attempt to better his career elsewhere. I have zero problem with him leaving. 

Does it change the fact the guy acted like a petulant erse towards Hearts and therefore every single on of us? Nope. 

The guys a wee see you next tuesday and you won't catch me wishing him luck on his future endeavours. 

Elias Henry Furst
36 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We’d be able to sign Templeton for nearer 30k than 300k.

Just now, indianajones said:

Pretty much resigned to the fact that a huge portion of our fans are soft as dug shite. 

Yes its correct that Jamie Walker has not broken any laws in exercising his right to not to sign a new contract. Yes he can move on and attempt to better his career elsewhere. I have zero problem with him leaving. 

Does it change the fact the guy acted like a petulant erse towards Hearts and therefore every single on of us? Nope. 

The guys a wee see you next tuesday and you won't catch me wishing him luck on his future endeavours. 

Correct.  Lots of players move on to other clubs, most of them with the fans best wishes, but JW has downed tools since he thought the Huns were in for him. Hardly kicked a ball in over a year.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I dont think I want to get drawn into a conversation with someone who thinks giving hamilton 300k for any player we can get for free in the summer never mind David Templeton, is a good use of my time.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not a big fan of stat analysis, but its interesting to see Isma's stats looking pretty good, based on this guy's evidence (was posted on 15th Nov, before Isma decided to try getting points by destroying Pittodrie with his shots).

https://therangersreport.com/2017/11/15/statistical-recruitment-of-the-scottish-premiership-part-1-goal-scoring-forwards/

Interesting read. One conclusion from the graph at the end is that there aren't many decent quality forwards in the SPFL, but we happen to have two of them.

Reinforces the notion in my mind that we've mostly been missing linking play between our stellar back line and our decent forwards.

Say, has anyone noticed that we could probably use a better left wingback?

Geoff the Mince
18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont think I want to get drawn into a conversation with someone who thinks giving hamilton 300k for any player we can get for free in the summer never mind David Templeton, is a good use of my time.

The thing is the poster doesn't realise that he's making a complete fool of himself ,

£300 k for Templeton is one of the worst shouts I've heard on here for a long time .

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We paid nothing near £150k for Kenny Anderson.

Aberdeen picked up McLean and May for £300k a piece and we paid less than half of that for Souttar, that's the kind of quality we should be looking for this window not an aging winger with a history of injury problems.

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Aberdeen picked up McLean and May for £300k a piece and we paid less than half of that for Souttar, that's the kind of quality we should be looking for this window not an aging winger with a history of injury problems.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, andrew said:

IIRC we paid £50k for Andersen.

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, andrew said:

Stevie May made 5 appearances last year and 7 the year before so not surprised he only cost £300k as his club wanted rid of him.

Temps is a key player for Hamilton and I doubt they will want to sell him.

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Why the flying **** are people wanting to sign David Templeton?! 

:laugh:

Cause he got a player of the month and has been injury free for 5months so he’s the answer to our problems. 

Personally i think he’s a gamble but if he did come in and maintained his performance level of late he could do a job at this level. Maybe a 100k punt if he maintained his performance level would be value for money but this 300k spunk on him is ludicurous. Even signing him for free could be a risk and we have slated the club for signing and taking a chance on players with an injury laden career because they haven’t worked out. The difference wi Temps is prob cause theres an affinity due to Anfield and his goal against the Hubs

Watt-Zeefuik
20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Because we're in dire need of a left winger, he's had a good season, and folk have fond memories of him?

Not saying he's the answer but that's basically it.

£300,000 for an average player who’s out of contract in 5 months........

Statements like this should come with an automatic 6 week ban from posting.

The Future's Maroon

£120k for John Souttar...

£300k for Templeton...

just saying!

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, indianajones said:

People arent. DVB is.

Hamilton will surely want to keep Templeton unless they can properly cash in which agree is unlikely.  They could really do with extending his contract. 

Staying up is essential for them. 

I would take Templeton. Wouldn’t want us to spend anything like £300k on him though. He looks like he’s recaptured his hunger for the game and he would be coming back to the club that he played his best football at. I think he’d be good.

Temps for free on a pre contract or a nominal 20 grand or so fee now would be a good addition. With his injuries and long term lack of form though it would be odd to see

him as a good replacement for Walker. Walker lost form and was injured for just a season or so and has been pilloried on here. Temps was in the wilderness for 3 or 4 years.

Jambof3tornado

As much as I congratulate Temps for clawing his way back I still think we have better prospects coming through our youth setups.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Because we have fans with no real idea of football outside Scotland. Who see an ex players name and think 'could do a job'. Idiots if you will. 

The Internet
1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Because we have fans with no real idea of football outside Scotland. Who see an ex players name and think 'could do a job'. Idiots if you will. 

I agree with this but at the same time Templeton has proven himself since signing for Hamilton imo. Been good and wouldn't mind him as an option. Not for ****ing £300k though :lol:

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

This!

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Spot on. Beginning to wonder if Diadora Van Basten is actually David Templeton ?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

£300,000 for an average player who’s out of contract in 5 months........

Statements like this should come with an automatic 6 week ban from posting.

1 hour ago, andydog said:

Would happily take temps back and would happily pay a fee.

It really depends imo, I want him back but he's not worth anything substantial. Especially with his contract being up in the summer. 

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic