Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Woh woh woh  :)

I wished him all the best, I have no hard feelings, but money isn't everything you know :thumbsup:

Tell that to all the fans who were losing their shit at the thought of walker leaving for nothing

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Tell that to all the fans who were losing their shit at the thought of walker leaving for nothing

You learn to ignore the ignorant :)

Just now, Ryder said:

I hope we produce much better to be honest. I think we already have, but we will just need to see how they progress.

Only time will tell but 37 goals in 155 games for a player that many say only plays 1 good game in 10 is some going

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

FFS, I have a choice I suppose, but not good ones!!! I'm stuck here, leave out the giggles!!

:muggy:

Hey! I thoroughly enjoyed my day trip to Slains Castle, and... uhm... yeah, Slains Castle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I hope we produce much better to be honest. I think we already have, but we will just need to see how they progress.

For as much as Harry has got most of the attention, young Anthony is impressing me an awful lot. Cracking wee player. Mind you Harrys spin and 50 yard switch of play, and then his wee over the head flick late on Saturday, both sublime.

I thought Jamie going was the end of something, but actually just time for the next chapter. I am very excited again. Even more so if we can add a couple of quality signings

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Ryder said:

Hey! I thoroughly enjoyed my day trip to Slains Castle, and... uhm... yeah, Slains Castle.

Watch the cliffs there, umpteen have went over them. Cruden Bay GC a top course though, your not a golf man I don't think, but if you were :)

Walter Burns
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Woh woh woh  :)

I wished him all the best, I have no hard feelings, but money isn't everything you know :thumbsup:

So you want him to stay and put up with the morons on here slating him from behind the safety of a computer screen....wouldn't know a footballer if he kicked them in the balls ...the lot o them...good luck to him ...wherever he goes..

Just now, jambocub said:

Only time will tell but 37 goals in 155 games for a player that many say only plays 1 good game in 10 is some going

He plays more than one good game in ten. He’s just simply not good enough over an entire season and doesn’t do enough. We need better.

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I’m actually sitting down. Hey, it’s not my fault he never got an offer. He would need to look closer to home to apportion blame on that one. Oh well.

Who said it was your fault he never got an offer? You've implied multiple times though he lacks ambition when you've directly compared Wigan and Seville.  If you accept there was no offer you surely accept that comparison is a wrong one to make?

I like Jamie, he's a very good player on his day and we are stronger when he's playing well. But this saga has went on far too long, his form has suffered and it's benefitting no one.  I'd much rather see him go down south now for a fee than along the M8 for nowt in the summer.  If he goes down there and gets us a bit cash I'll wish him well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Walter Burns said:

So you want him to stay and put up with the morons on here slating him from behind the safety of a computer screen....wouldn't know a footballer if he kicked them in the balls ...the lot o them...good luck to him ...wherever he goes..

He can go where he wishes. He did a good job for us in difficult times, but a football player must know the game is fickle and develop a thick skin. Derek McInnes went from hero to devil back to hero in 48 hours for example.

I like Jamie, I don't think he is too bright though. To be fair his team mates did make mention of it some time ago.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the boy, he looks depressed and not that healthy in his legs. This move, if it happens might be his only one.

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Who said it was your fault he never got an offer? You've implied multiple times though he lacks ambition when you've directly compared Wigan and Seville.  If you accept there was no offer you surely accept that comparison is a wrong one to make?

I like Jamie, he's a very good player on his day and we are stronger when he's playing well. But this saga has went on far too long, his form has suffered and it's benefitting no one.  I'd much rather see him go down south now for a fee than along the M8 for nowt in the summer.  If he goes down there and gets us a bit cash I'll wish him well.

Personally Ithink he gets a lot more slack than other players. He is absolutely anonymous in many games and all too often it’s in the games when you need the players who have ability to show it. 

He has went from being on the radar at Betis to his form completely vanishing and running down his contract at Hearts whilst his agent begs Rangers to come in for him. Not great. Probably wants to address that before it’s too late.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

For as much as Harry has got most of the attention, young Anthony is impressing me an awful lot. Cracking wee player. Mind you Harrys spin and 50 yard switch of play, and then his wee over the head flick late on Saturday, both sublime.

I thought Jamie going was the end of something, but actually just time for the next chapter. I am very excited again. Even more so if we can add a couple of quality signings

Are you sure these happened? ???

I thought kicking our way to a lucky draw with a scandalous challenge the like of which should be tried at the hague was the limit of our ability

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Jamos said:

If he moves there, why does anyone think he would live in Wigan? Just like our own Gary Locke when he moved to Bradford ... Harrogate was the choice and is a very nice place indeed. Like most footballers in the North West he will end up in a nice part of Cheshire., 30ish miles from Wigan to Prestbury and Alderley Edge. Would take just over 40 mins in the shiny new fast car his wage increase would afford him.

Correct. ---Wilmslow ,Alderly Edge and Prestbury is known as the Golden Triangle where many footballers and celebrities live. Beautiful part of the world.

7 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I just can't see him at Rangers. Who is he going to displace? He doesn't play wide any longer as lack of pace and fitness preclude him from offering anything in that area 

Looks to me as though we are looking at a player where it's questionable as to whether he has anything meaningful.to offer Hearts let alone a club where expectations are considerably higher 

His fitness issues must be a real concern to him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Are you sure these happened? ???

I thought kicking our way to a lucky draw with a scandalous challenge the like of which should be tried at the hague was the limit of our ability

:)

I know. Wee McDonald a nice bit of skill and strength to set up the move for Skinnys miss as well. Hey ho, sailing under the radar is good. Other Aberdeen fans seem to be appreciating Saturdays game more than the first batch I ran into.

Most don't seem to realise we had 10 men out though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jake said:

Aye.

Ok I see it now.

Did you get the sentiment?

Haha I did. I'm bored, I had to be a pedant :)

28 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Boo-hoo. :(

Sprint training, aye? Would have thought that was something he could have maybe thought about already, if that’s all that’s missing from his game.

It was a few years into Robbos career before he did it.

And it's not all that's missing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I just can't see him at Rangers. Who is he going to displace? He doesn't play wide any longer as lack of pace and fitness preclude him from offering anything in that area 

Looks to me as though we are looking at a player where it's questionable as to whether he has anything meaningful.to offer Hearts let alone a club where expectations are considerably higher 

His fitness issues must be a real concern to him.

Spencer you are having a sensible day. What is wrong? I would say his fitness issues must be a massive concern. Them knees are not meant for a long fruitful career me thinks

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Had to take one for the team in Hull.

Mother, while one of my lads done the daughter - daughter obviously had her father's looks

the beard was the give away no doubt

11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Personally Ithink he gets a lot more slack than other players. He is absolutely anonymous in many games and all too often it’s in the games when you need the players who have ability to show it. 

He has went from being on the radar at Betis to his form completely vanishing and running down his contract at Hearts whilst his agent begs Rangers to come in for him. Not great. Probably wants to address that before it’s too late.

And there lies the crux of it.

It's the Rangers connection that irks you.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:)

I know. Wee McDonald a nice bit of skill and strength to set up the move for Skinnys miss as well. Hey ho, sailing under the radar is good. Other Aberdeen fans seem to be appreciating Saturdays game more than the first batch I ran into.

Most don't seem to realise we had 10 men out though

Ssssh don’t mention players missing or our local sheepy stalker will appear asking what our starting line up should be if we have a stronger one , cause in their opinion that was our strongest team ?

I actually haven’t spoken to many sheep who didn’t think that the game was a toss up. Pretty much all said they had more pressure , we had the better chances and Laffs tackle was a yellow not a red. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, sadj said:

Ssssh don’t mention players missing or our local sheepy stalker will appear asking what our starting line up should be if we have a stronger one , cause in their opinion that was our strongest team ?

I actually haven’t spoken to many sheep who didn’t think that the game was a toss up. Pretty much all said they had more pressure , we had the better chances and Laffs tackle was a yellow not a red. 

He didn't say that. Surely not? That would sum up the clown actually :lol:

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Spencer you are having a sensible day. What is wrong? I would say his fitness issues must be a massive concern. Them knees are not meant for a long fruitful career me thinks

Not the player he was 12 months ago. Hopefully for his own career longevity that is is in some way attributable to his contractual situation. I thought he was atrocious in the Derby last week when he appeared to try everything imaginable to get hooked, or dare I say, even sent off 

The player who cut in from the left and scored some cracking goals looks long gone. He is blowing after 20 mins of a big game. I'm staggered if those are traits that Rangers will see as something that can improve them 

I suspect that he will resist Wigan and let his contract run down. If that is the case I hope Levein doesn't play him to the detriment of opportunities for a couple of younger lads 

Hopefully for the sake of him and his family he makes a few quid somewhere. I really can't imagine him playing much into his 30's

We need to move on from Jamie Walker and try something different.  I'd definitely take O'Halloran if Rangers still want him but suspect that is not on the table 

27 minutes ago, Ryder said:

He plays more than one good game in ten. He’s just simply not good enough over an entire season and doesn’t do enough. We need better.

Not good enough for hearts ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Not the player he was 12 months ago. Hopefully for his own career longevity that is is in some way attributable to his contractual situation. I thought he was atrocious in the Derby last week when he appeared to try everything imaginable to get hooked, or dare I say, even sent off 

The player who cut in from the left and scored some cracking goals looks long gone. He is blowing after 20 mins of a big game. I'm staggered if those are traits that Rangers will see as something that can improve them 

I suspect that he will resist Wigan and let his contract run down. If that is the case I hope Levein doesn't play him to the detriment of opportunities for a couple of younger lads 

Hopefully for the sake of him and his family he makes a few quid somewhere. I really can't imagine him playing much into his 30's

We need to move on from Jamie Walker and try something different.  I'd definitely take O'Halloran if Rangers still want him but suspect that is not on the table 

:facepalm:

Have to agree again, very similar to the Aberdeen game last season, a lot of fouls and lot of lying on the ground, his heart did not seem in it, whether or not that was due to pain obviously we wont know.

Not sure about O'Halloran tbh. Could be something or nothing, definitely off the boil just now.

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Walker is struggling to displace water these days, never mind a player from another team.

Will probably be an arthritic mess by his mid-30’s sadly.

Was just away to write similar. Was trying to think where he could go that he’d be a first name on the teamsheet and not just a squad player based on his form the last 12months. Aside from a few of the bottom 6 spfl sides I was struggling. A good way to look at it is the difference between his perceived character/attitude and Pattersons. Shame cause there is talent there maybe he can move on get himself fit and let the talent show through again. Similar to how Temps has this season

Edited by sadj

22 minutes ago, jake said:

And there lies the crux of it.

It's the Rangers connection that irks you.

Is that you Rudi-mental? :lol:

Wish him all the best but I don't think we'll miss him at all.

Glad for his sake he's not gone to rangers but wouldn't have feared us playing against him.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:facepalm:

Have to agree again, very similar to the Aberdeen game last season, a lot of fouls and lot of lying on the ground, his heart did not seem in it, whether or not that was due to pain obviously we wont know.

Not sure about O'Halloran tbh. Could be something or nothing, definitely off the boil just now.

The Aberdeen game at the end of last season was very poor from Walker. Appeared to be a deliberate attempt to get sent off 

I watched Walker and McGinn in the Derby last week. McGinn will get some move and probably flourish. He is fit, tenacious, industrious and can play. Couple of times they were matched up and McGinn just cruised away from Walker. He just has no gears whatsoever 

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. I'm just glad that it won't be with us for much longer 

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

The Aberdeen game at the end of last season was very poor from Walker. Appeared to be a deliberate attempt to get sent off 

I watched Walker and McGinn in the Derby last week. McGinn will get some move and probably flourish. He is fit, tenacious, industrious and can play. Couple of times they were matched up and McGinn just cruised away from Walker. He just has no gears whatsoever 

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. I'm just glad that it won't be with us for much longer 

Are you trying to bump up the price ?

We were reliably informed yesterday that he was down at Wigan today for a medical , how did he get on ?

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Are you trying to bump up the price ?

We were reliably informed yesterday that he was down at Wigan today for a medical , how did he get on ?

Not sure I follow. Am I trying to bump up the price of who? 

I have no idea if Jamie was in Wigan or not. As I stated above - good luck to him

I'll be pleased when he has gone 

Rangers about to sign Murphy and have recalled O’Halloran so that’s two wingers/ midfield players in. Highly unlikely they will want a third so unless O’Halloran is coming to us there’s no place at Ibrox for Jamie. 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers about to sign Murphy and have recalled O’Halloran so that’s two wingers/ midfield players in. Highly unlikely they will want a third so unless O’Halloran is coming to us there’s no place at Ibrox for Jamie. 

I saw a fee of £1m reported for Murphy - where is that coming from?

In fairness I think he will be a good signing for them.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Bit worrying really, they aren't a million miles away from having a decent side now.

We really need to get these potential signings right or the gap between us and Rangers/Aberdeen will grow....

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I saw a fee of £1m reported for Murphy - where is that coming from?

In fairness I think he will be a good signing for them.

Punting Pena back to Mexico. Will probably get half their £2m fee back and take their reportedly highest earner off the books. 

53 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Is that you Rudi-mental? :lol:

You have lost me with that.

I can only guess that poster has said the same.

Just know that he will turn down Wigan and spend the next 6 months waiting for Rangers to come along, they won't and he will beg Hearts for a new deal, we won't and he will end up on Aberdeen's bench or something.

5 minutes ago, jake said:

You have lost me with that.

I can only guess that poster has said the same.

Yeah, uncanny actually.

8 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Just know that he will turn down Wigan and spend the next 6 months waiting for Rangers to come along, they won't and he will beg Hearts for a new deal, we won't and he will end up on Aberdeen's bench or something.

Got a heids up oan the lottery numbers ?

Siphiwe Tshabalala
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen’s bench? :lol:

By that, I’m assuming you mean a park one?

:rofl: 

But but I thought they were throwing together state of the art 'Aurora'?! 

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

What happens if he fails a medical at Wigan :smile:

Proves what we’ve witnessed in recent weeks and months that he’s clearly an injury prone player. That or he’s been rushed back too quickly time and again because he’s broken down far too easy otherwise. 

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic