Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I totally get that, but let's not get all misty eyed over Miko's contribution which, at times, was woeful (and sometimes rather decent!) just to make a point.

Agreed. I wouldn't seek to draw any comparison with Miko. Miko was decent enough player but nothing more than that imo 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I always find it hilarious on here that once a player decides he wants to go according to some on here he was shite anyway. Grow up , he was a cracking player for us and he is now coming to the end of his time at hearts. Good luck to him wherever he goes unless he comes back to play against us then I hope he has a nightmare on that game.

I always find it hilarious when people ignore consistently innefctive performances and blame people’s frustrations instead on the fact a player doesn’t want to be here.

1 minute ago, Dinger said:

unless ive been reading it wrong, the stats ive seen (using London hearts and transfermarkt) over the whole of 2017 Jamie Walker has scored in only 4 league games and made just 1 assist, in that time he has made 31 league appearances 

an entire calendar year is a hell of a long time to be off form 

That would seem about right. He has been ****ing woeful 

It worries me therefore that Levein appears to rate him. I just hope there is not going to be any change of mind on his part as his options reduce and we see him sign a new contract 

That would be very bad news indeed

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Dinger said:

unless ive been reading it wrong, the stats ive seen (using London hearts and transfermarkt) over the whole of 2017 Jamie Walker has scored in only 4 league games and made just 1 assist, in that time he has made 31 league appearances 

an entire calendar year is a hell of a long time to be off form 

It would be if he hadn’t been injured for a fair bit of it. Prior to that he was arguably our best player two years running. Anyway this is retreading old ground, and I expect he will be gone by the end of the month. I for one will miss him, for many of the games 8n the last threee years he was just about the only Hearts player worth watching.

9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Except it’s not based on contempt, it based on his performances for Hearts.

I appreciate that.  I find his performance levels completely unacceptable and his attitude absolutely rancid 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Agreed. I wouldn't seek to draw any comparison with Miko. Miko was decent enough player but nothing more than that imo 

At least Miko turned up against the Hibs, something Jamie has failed to do in most matches against them.

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

At least Miko turned up against the Hibs, something Jamie has failed to do in most matches against them.

That's true. I actually pitied Walker on 27th. His attitude and conduct for a Hearts player was atrocious. To behave like he did in a Derby is a disgrace 

16 hours ago, johnthomas said:

We are trying to punt Walker . You are talking him down . Sorry thought it was pretty obvious , sarcasm ?

Talking down a Hearts player while talking up a hobo. Standard post from him

brunoatemyhamster

People saying Walker is better than Driver ? 

Shut the thread!

In fact , Just shut the forum!

letsalldothebeattie

Just seen a guy on twitter who seems to be itk about all Wigan transfers says Walker will sign for them today. 

One things for sure wherever he goes  he is going to have to up his game or he'll end up on the football scrapheap. 

On current form with his injury record I'll be amazed if anyone gives him any more than a one year contract.

He might regret turning his back on Hearts.

If he does up his game for a future club would that not mean he has been cheating Hearts with his attitude? 

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Just seen a guy on twitter who seems to be itk about all Wigan transfers says Walker will sign for them today. 

Would be best for all concerned. Hope so. When he came back from injury prior to his latest one, he was again showing good form for two or three games, so he does have it in him. Hopefully he manages to recapture form in beautiful Wigan. Any money we get for him could be much better spent on improving the team.

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Talking down a Hearts player while talking up a hobo. Standard post from him

I believe you are the individual who insinuated I reported you at some stage. Let me categorically assure you that is not the case for starters.  I have never reported anyone.

I stated my view that John McGinn will move on and flourish at a higher level and that Jamie Walker won't. That is just my own view and time will tell 

10 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Hope so, best for him and us.

9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I believe you are the individual who insinuated I reported you at some stage. Let me categorically assure you that is not the case for starters.  I have never reported anyone.

I stated my view that John McGinn will move on and flourish at a higher level and that Jamie Walker won't. That is just my own view and time will tell 

You're not allowed to show any admiration for a players ability if they play in green, did you not get the memo?

letsalldothebeattie
12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Would be best for all concerned. Hope so. When he came back from injury prior to his latest one, he was again showing good form for two or three games, so he does have it in him. Hopefully he manages to recapture form in beautiful Wigan. Any money we get for him could be much better spent on improving the team.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hope so, best for him and us.

Can’t argue with either of you. Agree best for both him and us. Fresh start away from the club could be exactly what he needs

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You're not allowed to show any admiration for a players ability if they play in green, did you not get the memo?

As much as I really don't like McGinn, he is a good player who would improve us no end. 

Imagine thinking McGinn might go and kick on elsewhere. The nerve of it eh  

2 hours ago, C-3PO said:

He is only better than Nicholson from that list.

On par with Temps.

Driver, Miko & Cesny all part of cup winning teams and played well over a number of seasons.

Disagree. Walker has been more effective over more games than all of them. One bad half season doesn’t change that. (For what it’s worth I think he’s come onto a game under Levein in a way he didn’t under Cathro, who turned all our players into huddies.) 

And Driver, Temps, Miko etc played in good teams and weren’t expected to carry the team the way Walker seems to be, plus none of them could play more of an attacking mid role the way Walker’s shown he can. His goal scoring record for us is outstanding. He’s a good player who needs good players around him.

Edited by socrates82

Selkirkhmfc1874
59 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Pity he rarely plays to his full potential.

Even in the games where he plays well it tends to be for 20 to 30 minutes of the 90.

He could be so much better than he is.

Totally agree, Jamie walker who played 2 his potential last season when scoring every other week not been seen since talk of rangers and his attitude stunk at times

12 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Disagree. Walker has been more effective over more games than all of them. One bad half season doesn’t change that. (For what it’s worth I think he’s come onto a game under Levein in a way he didn’t under Cathro, who turned all our players into huddies.) 

And Driver, Temps, Miko etc played in good teams and weren’t expected to carry the team the way Walker seems to be, plus none of them could play more of an attacking mid role the way Walker’s shown he can. His goal scoring record for us is outstanding. He’s a good player who needs good players around him.

I wish the club would employ you to try and market Walker to potential suitors 

I almost thought I was reading about Eden Hazard for a minute there! 

I feel just a bit sorry for him. He has talent, absolutely no doubt about that. His knee problems have affected his ability to beat players. He did allow all the Sevco talk to turn his head and the Social Media stuff was really poor.  You can't blame the boy for trying to make the most out of the game while he can though. It's a short career. The pity was that the way it was gone about by his agent and Jamie to an extent soured his relationship with so many here.

14 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I wish the club would employ you to try and market Walker to potential suitors 

I almost thought I was reading about Eden Hazard for a minute there! 

We’ve struggled to find strikers who can hit double figures in goals recently, nevermind wingers/attacking mids. Walker’s done it twice. He’s had more shots than lafferty this season and even 4 goals in 2017 makes him our top scoring midfielder over that time I think. Whatever you think of how Walker’s behaved over Rangers (i agree pretty shan to put it mildly) we’ve had no-one else as dangerous from midfield since Rudi. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Knowing our luck it’ll be a pre-contract. Hope not. I’d be reluctant to limit game time for McDonald or Cochrane if so and would only play him out of absolute necessity if it does go that way. £300k would be a brilliant deal.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Good. It's time this saga was put to bed for our sake, and Jamie's. Wish him good luck down there

If the fee is £300k, as has been widely reported, I suspect we'll be using a chunk of it to move on some of the deadwood rather than spending it on a like-for-like replacement

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Good, it's about time we were able to put this whole saga to bed.

Hopefully we can use the money to bring in somebody who actually wants to be here.

Independence
1 minute ago, Braminho said:

Paying Wigan 300k to take him would be a decent deal, but Wigan paying hearts? Tremendous piece of business

Aye right!!!!!!

letsalldothebeattie

So appears the guys tweet I saw earlier was right. Hopefully all goes through without any issues. 

Wonder if this move will spark us into bringing players in now. 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We should use £200k of it to bid on Cadden at Motherwell

We had a 350k bid turned down in the summers so I highly doubt they’ll accept a lower offer.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Two Pies said:

If Wigan have any sense they’ll do a very thorough medical. 

The boy's damaged goods, would he pass a medical anywhere? That's why I meh'd at any talk of him going to a club in Spain, England, anywhere actually.

Hope I'm wrong as we'd be well shot of the wee Hun loving jobby.

Edited by smiler

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

We had a 350k bid turned down in the summers so I highly doubt they’ll accept a lower offer.

Was it not only £100k?

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We should use £200k of it to bid on Cadden at Motherwell

I think Motherwell will be looking for considerably more than that 

I like what little I have seen of Cadden. He is not blessed with great pace however.  We desperately need pace in our side as there is a complete dearth of it 

Best of luck to Walker, up to the beginning of last year he had been a great servant to the club and helped us win a league title. The last 12 months have been a bitter time and tarnished a lot of the memories but hopefully he kicks on and does well down there.

Hopefully banking on the sevco dollar is a cautionary tale for our youngsters and they look south before they west. 

Thanks for the goals Jamie :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Was it not only £100k?

I thought it was reported as 350k but they were looking for 500k?

He goes with my best wishes. He may not have handled this in the sort of manner Callum Paterson did but each player is different. Hope we get some business done with incoming before we got to spain

16 minutes ago, smiler said:

The boy's damaged goods, would he pass a medical anywhere? That's why I meh'd at any talk of him going to a club in Spain, England, anywhere actually.

Hope I'm wrong as we'd be well shot of the wee Hun loving jobby.

Grudging praise. A fan of his?

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Best of luck to Walker, up to the beginning of last year he had been a great servant to the club and helped us win a league title. The last 12 months have been a bitter time and tarnished a lot of the memories but hopefully he kicks on and does well down there.

Hopefully banking on the sevco dollar is a cautionary tale for our youngsters and they look south before they west. 

Thanks for the goals Jamie :thumbsup:

Rangers really did a number on Walker, not for the first or last time. They succeeded in unsettling our best player at the time. Job done for them as they clearly didn’t want him as badly as he thought they did. Cautionary tale indeed that should be used as a case study for other players ( if players get coached on that sort of stuff).

3 hours ago, Ryder said:

Miko turned up every single derby usually scoring goals. He scored in the Champions League for us. He also had more pace and skill. I’d have Miko in my Hearts team every single day of the week before Jamie.

This.

The idea that Walker is better than Miko, Censy or Driver is insane.

GorgieRules22

We have to hope that he's down there negotiating a deal to go now and in turn we get a fee for him. If he agrees a pre contract we get nothing and he'll sit in the stand for 6 months.

7 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Rangers really did a number on Walker, not for the first or last time. They succeeded in unsettling our best player at the time. Job done for them as they clearly didn’t want him as badly as he thought they did. Cautionary tale indeed that should be used as a case study for other players ( if players get coached on that sort of stuff).

They couldn't afford him

8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We might negotiate a sign on fee

Maybe, but this 300k will be the largest amount he ever goes for.

Gene Parmesan
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This.

The idea that Walker is better than Miko, Censy or Driver is insane.

The answer is more nuanced. Walker is lightyears ahead of Driver in terms of ability, and I think a more naturally skillful player than either Miko or Chesney. But while the highs are higher, the lows are lower. Walker is not only inconsistent, but also plagued by injury. So if it came to it do you want the talent of a Walker or the output of a Driver? It's a tough call but I'd be inclined to say that Driver would be a more productive signing (based on the last 18 months of Walker's form).

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The answer is more nuanced. Walker is lightyears ahead of Driver in terms of ability, and I think a more naturally skillful player than either Miko or Chesney. But while the highs are higher, the lows are lower. Walker is not only inconsistent, but also plagued by injury. So if it came to it do you want the talent of a Walker or the output of a Driver? It's a tough call but I'd be inclined to say that Driver would be a more productive signing (based on the last 18 months of Walker's form).

Baws.

Gene Parmesan
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Baws.

Driver was fast, good at escaping his man and making the most of his physical abilities. Walker's touch, game intelligence and passing are considerably better than Driver's are/were. Could Driver play at 10? Absolutely no chance!

4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Hopefully its burned his agent more than anything else. Houndsworth is a notorious hun, so hopefully thats the last our club has dealings with him. I can't help but think it was him driving this move more than anything else. I think either in this thread or another someone pointed out that he was also Holt and Kings agent which explains a lot of why they're no longer here and both went west (King albeit on loan). I think he's also Beiths agent but it looks like Beith is done here anyway but thats the last of him and hopefully the club has no more business with him. Pretty sure he's Cummings agent too, so if Jason does ever want to sign for us I'd hope he'd consider binning that cretin. 

Anyway, hopefully the youngster we have saw what happened and trust Levein and the club do their best by them to get them a move down south which is mutually beneficial. Perhaps going forward, the club have preferred agents to work with after this also?

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic