• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Still no excuse and the blame doesnt solely lie with the agent. He should've known better. 

You clearly didn't read my comment. We've been forced to play him (Hibs game) and it annoys me we have such a pish squad that it was required. 

It's no secret that Hearts are a better team without Jamie Walker in it. 

To be fair it was pretty well kept secret in 2014/15, 15/16 and the first half of 16/17. 

He has way more end product than Milinkovic yet some think he can replace Walker. I’m ambivalent about him leaving as he clearly wants to leave but the fact is we’ll very probably struggle to find a consistent 7-12 goal a season midfielder anytime soon, unless Levein really has got his recruitment mojo back.

GorgieRulesApply

we weren't forced to play him against hibs mate, young macdonald was on the bench as were henderson and callachan

Played for us during difficult times ie admin and relegation. On his day our best attacking player lately not his day very often. Hope he goes now rather than close season though. Will wish him well and remember the good times and save my bitterness for rantic and the vermin.

Watt-Zeefuik

I am glad he is moving on (pending the medical) and his form is clearly off but I think he should get a bit of a break given that he came through the club in the middle of admin, the Championship year, and had to deal with Cathro (when his form really went south).

At his best he's a tremendous player -- up to him and his knees now if he'll ever achieve his best on a consistent basis.

GorgieRulesApply
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Still no excuse and the blame doesnt solely lie with the agent. He should've known better. 

You clearly didn't read my comment. We've been forced to play him (Hibs game) and it annoys me we have such a pish squad that it was required. 

It's no secret that Hearts are a better team without Jamie Walker in it. 

we weren't forced to play him against hibs mate, young macdonald was on the bench as were henderson and callachan

heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Ah the old Wigan to rangers route

Never know. He might be back at Hearts in the future as a better player. For free aswell.

See Andy Webster.

54 minutes ago, Spencer said:

They have done it to us when they have genuinely wanted one of our players.

This is bordering on the stuff on here that Celtic wouldn't sell Scott Allan to us as we are a "rival" 

You really think Rangers have sought to unsettle Jamie Walker just to shit stir? 

If you've paid attention, particularly pre Sevco days - not that the current zombie reincarnation are any more moral or honest in their dealings, you'll be well aware that Rangers used their cheerleaders in the press to tap up and unsettle players. Do you think it's a coincidence that the huns interest in an opposition player so often drops in the press the day before they play that player's team? 

Rangers are absolutely happy to either take a player for a derisory amount* or at the very least, unsettle a player they see as a threat to them. 

*or in The Rangers case, not only a derisory offer but installments over a preposterous repayment period.  

Hopefully he passes his medical and pisses off sharpish. 

if we get a tenner for him it'll be a cracking piece of business. 

Sierra Delta

Best of luck to him if the deal goes through. 

It's a shame that he's leaving under a bit of a cloud and him moving down south is probably the best outcome for both Jamie and the club. 

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I was more bothered about saying farewell to my last shite.    Could have been a very good player and capped for Scotland.   

Cheerio.

I have an image of your jobby dressed in a Scotland strip running out in front of a packed Hampden.

Bye,

This will be the biggest club you will ever play for, pity that, but it was your own doing and you look back with regret that you listened to the wrong people and your attitude and workrate towards our club at the death have been shocking. 

2 minutes ago, EH11 said:

I have an image of your jobby dressed in a Scotland strip running out in front of a packed Hampden.

It would be better than some.

been here before
10 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Berra ffs.

So dont do it then.

God like creature

Good luck and thanks,

with every jamie walker you should get a mullery martins free.

That frenchie does my heid in.

10 minutes ago, EH11 said:

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It would be better than some.

Theres a good chance I’ve got that in my camera roll somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If you've paid attention, particularly pre Sevco days - not that the current zombie reincarnation are any more moral or honest in their dealings, you'll be well aware that Rangers used their cheerleaders in the press to tap up and unsettle players. Do you think it's a coincidence that the huns interest in an opposition player so often drops in the press the day before they play that player's team? 

Rangers are absolutely happy to either take a player for a derisory amount* or at the very least, unsettle a player they see as a threat to them. 

*or in The Rangers case, not only a derisory offer but installments over a preposterous repayment period.  

Right then 

scott herbertson
Just now, Ryder said:

Theres a good chance I’ve got that in my camera roll somewhere. 

Damn, that curry and beers are not looking so good now 

51 minutes ago, hearts attack said:

I agree entirely.Jamie has been a very good servant for the club. Injury has hindered him in recent times but he is still a good player.

My seems all the family are participating now.

Jamie has always been a bit of an enigma. I remember the game against Falkirk at home early in the 14/15 season when we were 3 up at half time and Jamie, Billy King and Sam were brilliant but that turned out to be a false dawn. I think Jamie is the type of player who wants the ball and to be involved when you're two or three up but isn't the player to get you two or three up, especially against the likes of Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers. If he's away to Wigan all the best to him, glad it's down south as I don't like players coming back to play against us regularly.

Edited by Macros

Good luck to him. One of the better players to come through the academy, albeit a move probably suits all parties now. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Good luck jamie, some quality moments but I think this team is about to grow past you. 

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

lbetter than going to the huns.  Good luck to him.

A year ago, I would have hated him slithering off to the huns but now I'm not so sure. He's been a fantastic player for us but since his long term injury, he is now slow, injury-prone and (if recent appearances are anything to go by) clapped out. This is precisely the sort of player I wish the huns would sign.

But I agree, Wigan would be better.

I don’t think Rangers showed an interest to just unsettle Jamie, more to try and appease their own fans and show that they were looking to sign one of the brightest young talents in our game. Obviously, the way rangers go about things can unsettle a player which they’d be hoping can drive the price down so that we get rid of an unhappy player. 

Good luck to Jamie. A move to Wigan isn’t the worst move in the world. If he knuckles down and fulfills the potential he once had he can be a decent player for them.

Right move for Hearts and Jamie, especially if we get £300k for him to reinvest in the team.

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, davieholt said:

A year ago, I would have hated him slithering off to the huns but now I'm not so sure. He's been a fantastic player for us but since his long term injury, he is now slow, injury-prone and (if recent appearances are anything to go by) clapped out. This is precisely the sort of player I wish the huns would sign.

But I agree, Wigan would be better.

With you on this. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about when the huns were after him, as you say he's "clapped out" now. 

They are no force to worry about if that's the standard of player they are after.

Edited by It should have been ten

So Make Some Noise..

Getting sick to death of folk on here chastising fans who show discontent towards this guy.

Decent prospect who looked to be finally showing his potential last term before spitting the dummy out at a new deal which would have made him highest earner in the team.  Linked with a call up to the Scotland senior prior to this incident then like playing with a man down post incident. Summer antics (including very unprofessional social media) and a piss poor injury hit first half of this season, it's little wonder folk want rid of this pre Madonna. Take the money and run. 

scott herbertson

Yep , put in many MOM performances but those were getting fewer and fewer and best for him to be off. Good luck to him

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Getting sick to death of folk on here chastising fans who show discontent towards this guy.

Decent prospect who looked to be finally showing his potential last term before spitting the dummy out at a new deal which would have made him highest earner in the team.  Linked with a call up to the Scotland senior prior to this incident then like playing with a man down post incident. Summer antics (including very unprofessional social media) and a piss poor injury hit first half of this season, it's little wonder folk want rid of this pre Madonna. Take the money and run. 

This! Fcuk him

Edited by It should have been ten

I always found the comments Don Cowie made about him interesting, basically said that if he could bring himself to knuckle down and make some sacrifices he would be a sensational player but he didn’t think he had it in him. Walker definitely came across that way, rakes of natural ability but lacks the dedication to be a great player. 

Wish him luck either way even if he is a wee bit of a hun. 

GorgieRules22
8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Third tier of English football ? Dear oh dear, his career is over. 

Simpleton 

Futurejambo1

Jamie has suffered this season with all the Rangers hype, good luck to him hopefully he can regain the form we know is there and have a decent career in England 

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Oh well, at least it will bring the curtain down on what has been a very devisiive situation for us. Hopefully we can get on with supporting who ever pulls on the jersey now. 

Probably the best post on here.

Football is a nightmare industry for those not at the top. I could be out of a job come June. 

penicuik jambo
10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Third tier of English football ? Dear oh dear, his career is over. 

Will be playing in the championship next season, Probably earning at least 4 or 5 x what he is on with us. Good luck to him. 

weekend offender

Wish the laddie well. Was a time I'd have been gutted at him leaving but now i'm no really bothered 

He has been rubbish for the last calendar year but we have had decent service before that and I wish him well. The whole scenario has been a bit of a shambles and there needs to be lessons learned by the club so we manage these situations to better effect in the future. Signing new contracts and selling at the right time is important and we don't seem to have a strategy that works. The Walker social media postings should also be used as an education piece in the academy. 

Rocky jamboa

Sorry to see him go in a way as he was a good wee player for us and always a goal threat. 

Unfortunately, his antics in the summer, trying to engineer a move to the huns, will leave a sour taste in the mouth. 

Good that it seems we will get some cash for him and gets rid of a player who doesn't want to be here. 

If the deal goes through and we get the £300k then he will go with my best wishes and I hope he does well down in England. 

While the last year or so has been troubled he has contributed a lot in his time at Hearts, though it is probably best for both parties to move on now. 

25 minutes ago, penicuik jambo said:

Will be playing in the championship next season, Probably earning at least 4 or 5 x what he is on with us. Good luck to him. 

Maybe aye, maybe naw. If he fails to perform at Wigan and they offload him he could end up unemployed. Doesn't matter to me, I didn't rate him anyway. 

Good luck Jamie and thanks for everything, Going to a bigger club with more history than the new sevco zombies.

Get a sell on clause inserted Hearts.

31 minutes ago, penicuik jambo said:

Exactly. Wigan look like they will be back in the championship and that’s is a great level for Walker to test himself. He will also make a lot of money whilst down there. 

Wish him the best of luck and should always be welcomed back to Hearts he was a good player for us. 

I honestly thought we had another 9 million player when he broke through. Another ruined by an agent only looking out for himself and not the player he represents. Shame.  

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I honestly thought we had another 9 million player when he broke through. Another ruined by an agent only looking out for himself and not the player he represents. Shame.  

True though the injuries and the GFA diving srtff didn't help either

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)
  • davemclaren locked this topic