Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. We have five experienced midfield players, Buaben,Walker,Djoum,Cowie Martin. After 50 mins today all five are injured. What chance does any manager have when that happens?If Hibs had been without McGinn,McGeoch and Bartley on Tuesday they would have struggled. Take Brown,Armstrong,Rogic,McGregor,Briton out of Celtics squad and does anyone believe they would still be unbeaten. I’d even go as far as to say had Jack missed out today, as he should have, we would have beaten them. He bossed the middle of the park. 

Disappointing that many of the posters on here can’t  see what’s right in front of their eyes. 

While most of what you say is true, the difference is that if Celtic and Hibs were missing those players they would make a huge difference when they come back. When Bauben, Djoum, Walker, Cowie and Martin are available again our midfield will still be utter shite.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Levein is the right man for the job and will continue in the job for the foreseeable future.

Good times ahead.

6 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Of course Levein isn’t the answer, deep down we all know that but for fear of being called anything but a Hearts fan most wont say it! 

Finances dictated his appointment. He’s here for the long haul sadly. 

To finish top of the bottom 6 must be about our target now?

Soft as shite, mediocre football club, that’s what we have become. 

Haha yeah we’re all scared of what a few bellends on kickback think so we’re keeping our feelings to ourself.

The issue we have is there’s no squad so as soon as we have a few injuries to key areas we fall apart. Levein needs to take responsibility for that as he was involved in recruitment.

However to suggest Levein was the decision make behind every bad player we brought into the club is ludicrous. Martin for example was highly recommended by McPhee as someone who would bring goals from set pieces...

For those saying that we need to get rid of Levein. We had the worst record in the league under Cathro than any other team, yes Levein should hold responsibility for allowing him another transfer window. We’re not going to magically become a better team over night, we have a poor squad and it needs to be addressed. 

I didn't want Levein the be the new manager when he got it but there's fair criticism and knee-jerk reactions to defeats and there's a lot of the latter in here. 

The midfield is paper thin at the moment so it's hard to play much football.   If we're employing the same tactics when they're all fit then it's fair to say I'll be less than impressed.   People saying he shouldn't start Cochrane 3 days after complaining he never started. 

He got it wrong yesterday and the second half was absolutely hopeless but if we get a good run together over the next few weeks against the weaker teams at Tynecastle it'll buy him time to sort out the glaring deficiencies in the squad.   Getting a few of the midfielders fit will help.

A_A wehatethehibs

With the shambolic squad we have now I couldn’t think of many better men for the Hearts job than Levein to be honest, other than maybe Alex McLeish or David Moyes, both of whom are unrealistic. 

We’ve been calling for an experienced head so now that we’ve got one lets give him time to organise us, we have looked organised and hard working most of the time which for me is progress. We don’t need a public enquiry just because we got beat by hibs and rangers both of whom are better teams than us.

The next 7 home games are all very winnable, let’s see where we are when Celtic come to town. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

maltese jambo
6 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Of course Levein isn’t the answer, deep down we all know that but for fear of being called anything but a Hearts fan most wont say it! 

Finances dictated his appointment. He’s here for the long haul sadly. 

To finish top of the bottom 6 must be about our target now?

Soft as shite, mediocre football club, that’s what we have become. 

agree totally

11 hours ago, U.S Maroon said:

Utter nonsense. Cochrane is miles ahead of Cowie and Djoum in terms of ability.

I presume you weren't at the game yesterday? If you were, you would have seen he isn't ready. I'm sure he'll come good in the next few years but he needs to be broken in gently. Yesterday will have dented his confidence. 

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

I presume you weren't at the game yesterday? If you were, you would have seen he isn't ready. I'm sure he'll come good in the next few years but he needs to be broken in gently. Yesterday will have dented his confidence. 

Exactly. I have said on here several times that Levein could really set the guy back and knock his confidence by playing him the way he has. He should be getting introduced into games gradually more so when we are comfortable. Not ht eway Levein has used him by making statements such as I made a msitake I should have played Harry from the start etc. That gives the lad a lot of added responsibilty and can also lead to him possibly thinking he is a better player than he really is at this stage of his development.

He needs to mature physically yet before he can be relied on to have an influence in the centre of the park.

41 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Levein is the right man for the job and will continue in the job for the foreseeable future.

Good times ahead.

There might be a twist to this story yet!!!

Just now, MacPhee said:

Seems like an informed post?

No, it was my attempt at humour, the post was by Oliver Twist.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Good times ahead.

He should be out of a job,his failings of DOF and now manager are very poor,any other club he would be unemployed..

9 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

He sanctioned the signing of these players.

At the manager's request.

It is truly pointless debating this now - we are where we are - how are we going to get better?

Edited by frankblack

18 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I think on another thread I brought into question (while trusting him as a manager) his ability to identify good players for Hearts in his DOF role IF he did have a say in transfers.

I don't have evidence myself but there's a lot of talk being put around we use Wyscout.(sp?). I'm sure we get players through different ways but if this is one you can almost tell what players they are.

Its just lazy recruitment imo. Ok, in a football network you have trust in your scouts and people who maybe bring attention to players but surely you still want to see them for yourself?

It seems to me that the players being brought in, some with 3year contracts, are more to  benefit agents than HMFC. The trust and loyalty ( not to mention money ) of fans is being taken for granted, and has been since administration. Cathro was only one part of a costly failed experiment, the rest remains in place.

Edited by Skacelsid

6 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

It seems to me that the players being brought in, some with 3year contracts, are more to  benefit agents than HMFC. The trust and loyalty ( not to mention money ) of fans is being taken for granted, and has been since administration. Cathro was only one part of a costly failed experiment, the rest remains in place.

Please expand on the agents part - why do you think that and what agents are you referring to? 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

With the shambolic squad we have now I couldn’t think of many better men for the Hearts job than Levein to be honest, other than maybe Alex McLeish or David Moyes, both of whom are unrealistic. 

We’ve been calling for an experienced head so now that we’ve got one lets give him time to organise us, we have looked organised and hard working most of the time which for me is progress. We don’t need a public enquiry just because we got beat by hibs and rangers both of whom are better teams than us.

The next 7 home games are all very winnable, let’s see where we are when Celtic come to town. 

Why don't we just give him the next transfer window? 

Oh wait. You don't get the players you need during the January window. He needs a full summer window. 

Wait. The players were brought in at the end of the window and won't be fully fit until the next window. 

Why don't we just get some utility man in at left back. 

Heard it all before, bored with it. The lowest common denominator is Levein. I think we need to finally fix the problem. 

We have proved the quality of applicants looking to undertake the Hearts role. Removing the negativity and the dreadful legacy of Levein would move us forward in leaps and bounds. 

20 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Just back from the game and I am disgusted with that performance. The fact levein didn’t change it in the second half for ages when it was clearly going one way tells me he has lost it. Cochrane had a mare and these games are too big for him. We need to manage him carefully and it’s unfair throwing him in like this.  Callachan was shocking and the jury is well and truly out on him, his second touch is a tackle on most cases. 

Gonacalves and lafferty just don’t seem to work for me. We need someone with pace upfront to compliment lafferty I would bench goncalves for a good couple of weeks to get his hunger back.  

As for the back I think soutter needs to move into midfield just now as he is the only one who can put his foot on the ball and find a pass.  Get Hughes back and if not stick Novak in. 

At the back the real problem is the fullbacks firstly at left back we don’t have one... someone needs their jotters for that alone. On the right I am sorry to say but Smith is too powder puff. The amount of times he shit a challenge today was enough to get him binned.  

Levein and his cronies are the issue here for me they are hopeless.  They have over saw a recruitment period which is the worse in my 20 odd years of going to games time to man up and get someone properly in. I hope budge inserted a try before you buy close in that contract as it’s time to return....

We have an injury crisis which isn't helping, anyone can see that. Craig will get us back up there after the Cathro debacle. It might take this season to sort it out, but sort it he will, I'm sure of that.

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, 51john51 said:

Why don't we just give him the next transfer window? 

Oh wait. You don't get the players you need during the January window. He needs a full summer window. 

Wait. The players were brought in at the end of the window and won't be fully fit until the next window. 

Why don't we just get some utility man in at left back. 

Heard it all before, bored with it. The lowest common denominator is Levein. I think we need to finally fix the problem. 

We have proved the quality of applicants looking to undertake the Hearts role. Removing the negativity and the dreadful legacy of Levein would move us forward in leaps and bounds. 

Completely divorced from reality imo, utterly reactionary and counter productive. Levein has in 11 games taken Hearts a step forward from where we were under cathro. It’s only a step but you can only take one step at a time. Yes we’re still not good enough but it takes time and it also takes games vs worse teams than yourself to build a bit of momentum and confidence.

We’ve been beat this week by 2 better sides than us but somehow fans like you just can’t seem to comprehend that. Hibs and rangers better than hearts?! 4 centre mids out injured?! Time to sack the manager! That’ll fix it! ****ing idiot 

We’ve got a run of 7 winnable games now, are you saying we would be better going into this run if we sacked levein and put Daly or Fox in charge? And went on another search for a manager? Listen to yourself. Right now, leveins in charge and I see a more organised Hearts than last season so for me, that’s progress. Just get over the fact that we got beat, and look forward. Really we should be looking to go into the Celtic game with a run of at least 5 or 6 wins out of 7, these are the games which can put us in the hunt for 3rd. The other clubs above us have had their fair share of free points at home, we’ve had none, now it’s our turn. Stop crying into your cornflakes and move on. 

17 hours ago, Huguenot said:

Ross County and Killie pick up EPL class managers. We get saddled with a guy past his sell by date, who had a gun put to his head.

Are you still quoting this as fact, you didn't answer the last time where you heard this from.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Completely divorced from reality imo, utterly reactionary and counter productive. Levein has in 11 games taken Hearts a step forward from where we were under cathro. It’s only a step but you can only take one step at a time. Yes we’re still not good enough but it takes time and it also takes games vs worse teams than yourself to build a bit of momentum and confidence.

We’ve been beat this week by 2 better sides than us but somehow fans like you just can’t seem to comprehend that. Hibs and rangers better than hearts?! 4 centre mids out injured?! Time to sack the manager! That’ll fix it! ****ing idiot 

We’ve got a run of 7 winnable games now, are you saying we would be better going into this run if we sacked levein and put Daly or Fox in charge? And went on another search for a manager? Listen to yourself. Right now, leveins in charge and I see a more organised Hearts than last season so for me, that’s progress. Just get over the fact that we got beat, and look forward. Really we should be looking to go into the Celtic game with a run of at least 5 or 6 wins out of 7, these are the games which can put us in the hunt for 3rd. The other clubs above us have had their fair share of free points at home, we’ve had none, now it’s our turn. Stop crying into your cornflakes and move on. 

It’s the bigger picture man, which some seem unable (or completely unwilling to see). This is a long term malaise on the football side. Surely that’s obvious

18 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Enjoy your night out?

Sorry dannie didn't have time to reply, had to dash to a party, thanks had a great time, too old for these halloween parties, mind you there are a lot of guisers on this forum.

I wish I had the same amount of anger and seethe as some on here.

I'm a Shit supporter I suppose.

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Uneccessarily personal, but here's a reality check for you. 

Rangers are absolutely dreadful, it is really questionable whether they are any better than us. 

As for this managerial nonsense you suggest, I categorically don't want any internal progression ever again. I'm for culling almost all the current coaches and putting us in line with all other clubs of comparable size. The Levein trainee project is not required. The next manager must be the best candidate available,  that we can afford. We saw the quality of candidates available to take over Hearts, it was ourstanding. There is nothing to be feared with this whatsoever. 

How much longer of thus dirge on the pitch do we have to suffer before we draw the line this time. Cathro was kept too long and this is crucial to remember, Levein wanted to keep him don't forget. Just think about that for a while, where would we be now if it was up to him. Does he really have the clubs best interests at heart, or his own. He is a stubborn man. 

As I was suggesting, we have seen this all before and we need not put up with it for so long this time. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s the bigger picture man, which some seem unable (or completely unwilling to see). This is a long term malaise on the football side. Surely that’s obvious

Hate to break it to you bud but this “malaise” is caused by us not paying players 10k a week we can’t afford anymore. Think the likes of rudi and bednar at would have signed for us on 3k a week? Think again. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hate to break it to you bud but this “malaise” is caused by us not paying players 10k a week we can’t afford anymore. Think the likes of rudi and bednar at would have signed for us on 3k a week? Think again. 

Aberdeen, Hibs, St J, even Motherwell seem to be managing ok. 

We are being badly run on the footballing side. We all know it. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not so, Aberdeen have a fairly competitive team, are they all on 10k a week?

It's not about the budget, it's about what the budgets being wasted on

21 hours ago, HMS Jambo said:

Whilst there are polar opposite opinions on him, no.one can deny that our deficiencies today are a direct result of our signing policy over the last two years.

Unfortunately the blame for this lies solely at his door

unfortunately this goes with the territory he is paid to make decisions and team selection is one of them, it is correct he is stubborn this is his downfall his way or no way and even he must see its not working, he needs to listen to what is being said pay attention to what is going on around him learn and accept his mistakes and try to rectify them before it is too late    again not easy and I don't know if he possesses this skill and it is a skill admitting and taking responsibility for your actions, I don't dislike the man and to agree I have respect for him but this is slowly diminishing

12 minutes ago, 51john51 said:

Aberdeen, Hibs, St J, even Motherwell seem to be managing ok. 

We are being badly run on the footballing side. We all know it. 

Exactly, nothing to do with money. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Listen I don’t dislike Levein,I think he’s a good guy. He just happens to have key involvement in a lot of negative situations when it comes to football teams I support on a consistent basis. I just hope he does the right thing and apologises to everyone the fans and the board for the signing mistakes he has made & then perhaps we can give him one last shot at it. If it doesn’t work he can leave the club and also resign as a director & everyone can make a fresh start. 

letsalldothebeattie

Seems the club can’t win either way with this situation. Levein takes over now a majority don’t want him in charge he’s not the right man etc yet what was the alternative? Hartley or Pressley who nobody wanted in when Cathro left. 

Time for folk folk to be honest and realise Levein is our manager & DoF and is going nowhere soon. 

Captain Canada

Hopefully Levein is now realising the mistake he made in backing Cathro on signings. There's no point in getting rid of Levein at the moment though as someone else will have to start from scratch. 

We need some continuity and from his comments in the press and recent substitutions, I think Levein has already realised the scale of the job on his hands. 

We need to get on an even keel with a settled squad and not be in the same position every January and June where an overhaul is needed.

There's so many in the squad who aren't up to the task it's frightening. 

I'd keep all the young guys and the following senior players: 

McLaughlin

Berra

Souttar

Cowie 

Milinkovic

Isma

Lafferty 

I've left Walker out as he's a shadow of the player he was this time last year.

As for the rest, the likes of Buaben, Grzelak, Randall and Martin wouldn't get a game for any other top 6 side. 

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Seems the club can’t win either way with this situation. Levein takes over now a majority don’t want him in charge he’s not the right man etc yet what was the alternative? Hartley or Pressley who nobody wanted in when Cathro left. 

Time for folk folk to be honest and realise Levein is our manager & DoF and is going nowhere soon. 

A majority? I'd be surprised if that was the case

21 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Blaming Levein for these two defeats is missing out the obvious. No point in me pointing it out though as those that cannot it eithe dislike Levein or can’t see what’s in front of them. 

It's not that It's personal with Levein it's his inability with his crony coaching staff to give the fans enjoyment. Going to watch Hearts this and last season has been murder. Levein is just not good enough and neither is his coaching pals.

Ann Budge just hasn't got the knowledge to act on what is wrong with Hearts team. Her loyalty to Levein is harming our ability to compete or play attactive football. 

4 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Good times ahead.

I respect your views.

You are wrong.

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

While most of what you say is true, the difference is that if Celtic and Hibs were missing those players they would make a huge difference when they come back. When Bauben, Djoum, Walker, Cowie and Martin are available again our midfield will still be utter shite.

That’s opinion and hypothesis at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Clearly not. Almost 19,000 Hearts fans at the game yesterday. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Clearly not. Almost 19,000 Hearts fans at the game yesterday. 

Which is very impressive. 

49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A majority? I'd be surprised if that was the case

I believe the polls on here when we had a managerial vacancy showed minimal support for Levein getting the job. The news that he'd got it was greeted with everything from hand wringing horror to mere meh! I barely remember anyone welcoming it joyously as the best way forward.

Leveins appointment was a mere re-shuffle of responsibilities. Essentially it wasn't really a change, certainly not the significant change we needed. I don't believe he'll be employed by the club beyond the summer. I don't think many will shed a tear if I am correct.

Edited by Escobar PHM

The best person to have a first go at fixing this is the person who best understands the problem. For that reason, I'm glad he's the one doing the job, for now.

It was never going to be a quick fix, so I'm willing to sit it out and see how it goes this season. There's a lot of 'fixing' to do. Remains to be seen if he is the right answer, but it's much too early to know I think.

The whole set up is flawed, this coaching bootroom philosophy is not workable for a club the size of Hearts.

I will wager one of the first major decisions to happen after the FOH handover will be the disbanding of this pie in the sky project, and the appointment of the best man available to run the football team, the same way every other club is run

Anyone who believes we have any chance of ever competing with Celtic with this process is completely deluded.

The only way us or anyone else will have even the remotest chance of getting close, would be if Celtic completely take there eye of the ball in a Rangers 2012 style.

5 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Haha yeah we’re all scared of what a few bellends on kickback think so we’re keeping our feelings to ourself.

The issue we have is there’s no squad so as soon as we have a few injuries to key areas we fall apart. Levein needs to take responsibility for that as he was involved in recruitment.

However to suggest Levein was the decision make behind every bad player we brought into the club is ludicrous. Martin for example was highly recommended by McPhee as someone who would bring goals from set pieces...

For those saying that we need to get rid of Levein. We had the worst record in the league under Cathro than any other team, yes Levein should hold responsibility for allowing him another transfer window. We’re not going to magically become a better team over night, we have a poor squad and it needs to be addressed. 

Addressed by who that is the question. I haven't met anyone at my club, work, friends or family who has any confidence on Levein and his coaching staff.

Signing            Mark       X

Tactics                "           X

Entertaiment      "           X

The only people with pass marks are the fans who contiue to turn up in their thousands. ?

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

The whole set up is flawed, this coaching bootroom philosophy is not workable for a club the size of Hearts.

I will wager one of the first major decisions to happen after the FOH handover will be the disbanding of this pie in the sky project, and the appointment of the best man available to run the football team, the same way every other club is run

Anyone who believes we have any chance of ever competing with Celtic with this process is completely deluded.

The only way us or anyone else will have even the remotest chance of getting close, would be if Celtic completely take there eye of the ball in a Rangers 2012 style.

I've been saying this for ages.

44 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I believe the polls on here when we had a managerial vacancy showed minimal support for Levein getting the job. The news that he'd got it was greeted with everything from hand wringing horror to mere meh! I barely remember anyone welcoming it joyously as the best way forward.

Leveins appointment was a mere re-shuffle of responsibilities. Essentially it wasn't really a change, certainly not the significant change we needed. I don't believe he'll be employed by the club beyond the summer. I don't think many will shed a tear if I am correct.

Your memory is shot. Majority happy with Levein as manager. Substantial majority as well. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Addressed by who that is the question. I haven't met anyone at my club, work, friends or family who has any confidence on Levein and his coaching staff.

Signing            Mark       X

Tactics                "           X

Entertaiment      "           X

The only people with pass marks are the fans who contiue to turn up in their thousands. ?

I suspect then that you only talk to people whom you know will agree with you. 

9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I wouldnt  hold your breath. FoH ownership is still years away. 

Ann Budge say the anger the fans had for Cathro when she sat in the Wheatfield Stand against Dunfermline. 

If only she'd sit near the fans again she would get the message regarding Levein & his cronies.

• cosanostra locked this topic