Levein is not the answer ( merged )

Hood09

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It is a bit bit childish bring up old threads...tbf we were in a bad place when CL took over.

However, apart from Escobar it's interesting to see a lot of posters from that thread have been missing the last six or so hours, odd even? ?

P.s I am not defending Escobar...he has admitted he had doubts which have been addressed, possible fair play for me.

I was one of those who should be included amongst those who were suggesting that we needed to watch what we were doing as I was worried there was a danger we could get dragged towards the bottom end of the league. I didn't say it because I wanted to I said it because I thought it was a danger. I'm happy to have been proven wrong, although still think there is room for improvement. If anyone found such comments tasteless, out of turn, or anything else,  I apologise to them, it is never easy to say things which worry you without possibly getting on the nerves of others.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Hendricks

• Escobar PHM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
On 05/11/2017 at 18:11, Hood09 said:

He simply has to go, he has no urgency or passion on the sidelines it’s a joke. If he thinks getting back to tynie is going to fix everything then he is even more clueless than I thought 

Not great to bring this up after a win... But-

this post must be a winner.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Surely the biggest celebration is beating Hibs and having something to look forward to in a good home tie in next round rather than seek confrontation with fellow fans? 

Many fans had real concerns about how things were progressing. Those concerns imo were justified. 

There is no doubt that Craig Levein has made a huge difference as manager. Prior recruitment that he sanctioned was rightly criticised. Some of it was utterly horrendous 

McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the 4 best signings made in Scotland this season. Levein and Ann Budge deserve huge credit for that 

Enjoy the sweet satisfaction of victory rather than appear a righteous uber fan 

And allow those that have moaned ad nauseum on here a free pass where is the fun in that.

Bridge of Djoum
On 11/5/2017 at 13:16, Jambo Scott said:

Anyone listening now? .... Cathro's puppet master. Like for like ... not the answer!!

Joke of a club atm from the board to the management to the players, with an 80's high school for a new stand.
Embarassing!!!

:gok:

All i can say about this is Thank You Anne Budge , Craig Levein and all the Hearts Fans that supported and continue their support even when things were a bit turbulent earlier in the season , when things dont go our way and dont embarrass ourselves the club by talking US down. Welcome back all the doubters of Craig Levein PHM

The Future's Maroon

@Hood09 you started the thread and have been on in last half hour, how no comment?

edit - that quoting/tagging someone....how does it work?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

@Hood09 you started the thread and have been on in last half hour, how no comment?

Press quote or the wee + in the post and then type.

I had doubts about he appointment as well, and there is a long way to go with the rebuild. However , we seem to be getting some good players in, whilst saying goodbye to others that needed to go. What CL makes us, is a difficult team to breakdown, what we need to do now is start to score in every games..... bring on the SN & KL show ! It's interesting reading some of the venomous posts on this thread and I do wonder where the posters are now. As for bringing up this thread now,  well if this isn't a good time , then when is , after a defeat , so people can use it to say " I told you so" , 

Bazzas right boot
On 02/11/2017 at 18:53, Spencer said:

Go and have a pint on a Saturday and enjoy it!

Toshy has failed to comprehend that we're debt free now which slightly changes the landscape of the comparisons he wishes to make

Sit back and enjoy the next batch of Oshinawa's and Martin's as big Craig is here to stay :thumbsup:

On 02/11/2017 at 10:41, Escobar PHM said:

Our central defence is sound ? Have you watched the last 4 goals that we've lost ?

We have a free kick taker. Who ? Lafferty who has taken one free kick in his entire life that found the target ?

Our corners are very dangerous ?  Yeh I noticed us scoring all the time from our corners right enough.

On 01/11/2017 at 12:27, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are even too powder puff to even win games at home ,every team below us smells the blood in the water and they will up their game where we can't,we won't beat anyone above us in the table not with the team we have,I'm afraid we are in bigger trouble than people think.

On 01/11/2017 at 13:22, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's the style of play and the lack of basics that are the concern. We can hardly string 3 worthwhile passes together against a decent team. The opposition always pass and move much better than us. Our players look like they are going through the motions. We are the only team that has wingers that don't take anyone on. The centre midfield is the worst in the League. People thinking we are going to go on a run at Tynecastle are deluded IMO

On 01/11/2017 at 10:59, Gambo said:

First 8 league games under Cathro = 10 points.

First 8 League games under Levein = 11 points.

Not the big improvement is it. (Cathro had both old firm away and Rangers at home)

On 01/11/2017 at 11:52, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Part of the problem is that I don't think anyone believes Levein really wanted the job. You don't interview a series of potential head coaches and then suddenly decide that actually, we've already got the best candidate available.

This season is a write off. I can only hope that we'll appoint a proper hungry manager at the end of it.

On 31/10/2017 at 10:22, Thomaso said:

To me it's a bit like giving the Captain of the Titanic command of the ship bringing back the survivors.

On 30/10/2017 at 19:59, Ulysses said:

He isn't.  The real problem is not that he isn't the right man now; it's that he wasn't the right man when he was given the job.  But because that decision was made, we have to sit it out and hope it goes well.  So far, he has us looking good for 7th, or maybe a top six finish if we get lucky.

Oh dear.

4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Oh dear.

Not all bad Toshy. At least we won't have Hibs as possible Scottish Cup winners this year 

Some of us have always found the very thought of that truly horrific 

Silver lining I guess :thumbsup:

Sexton Hardcastle

Everything that is wrong with our fans/this forum.

wuick to write things off and chuck the toys but also quick to get ahead of things.

again well done craig on an impressive run of form 

On 28/10/2017 at 16:10, Gambo said:

Good luck with this one.

Levein can do NO WRONG for some on here. They will find any excuse not to put any blame on Levein.

indeed...

42 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Happy to take some humble pie that he has got the team back together now and added some of his own men into the group. Let’s not get carried away though we beat a pretty poor hibs team 1-0 with no recognised striker at home.  

Lets see see him continue what he seems to have started as he has definitely got the defence sorted. He now needs to get the attack going once he has done that quite happpy to shuvel the rest of the humble pie down my throat with a spade. 

A wins a win win but we are hardly Barcelona 

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Happy to take some humble pie that he has got the team back together now and added some of his own men into the group. Let’s not get carried away though we beat a pretty poor hibs team 1-0 with no recognised striker at home.  

Lets see see him continue what he seems to have started as he has definitely got the defence sorted. He now needs to get the attack going once he has done that quite happpy to shuvel the rest of the humble pie down my throat with a spade. 

Kudos for the reply bud ?

I dont disagree with much there.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Not all bad Toshy. At least we won't have Hibs as possible Scottish Cup winners this year 

Some of us have always found the very thought of that truly horrific 

Silver lining I guess :thumbsup:

Hibs defo not winning anything.

That we can agree is a good thing.

On 02/11/2017 at 09:23, Oliver Twist said:

You watch a different game from me though. I look at the good points. We have a quality free kick taker, our corners are very dangerous. Goalkeeper is sound. Central defense is sound. We have decent striking options.

Midfield is weak but the young guys are getting valuable game time which will only improve them over time. I'm far from worried, season ahead should be quite exciting in actual fact.

Wow. This guy kens his onions like.

julienbrellier

take a look at a lot of posters who have now disappeared like magic. half the people on the thread were of the green persuasion

get it up every single last one of them  :jjyay:

1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

All i can say about this is Thank You Anne Budge , Craig Levein and all the Hearts Fans that supported and continue their support even when things were a bit turbulent earlier in the season , when things dont go our way and dont embarrass ourselves the club by talking US down. Welcome back all the doubters of Craig Levein PHM

Most people weren't doubting his "PHM" credentials . it was his role as DOF that was being questioned and his ability to support inexperienced coaches to deliver a winning football team.  Even on a day when Hearts get a welcome win against that lot we still have "fans" who can't help themselves in goading  people into " i told you so" .  CL gets a well deserved break from the pressure he has been under  but he has a long way to go to deliver and meet expectations. His strength is his ability to make Hearts hard to beat but we are miles away from being anything like a football team .  Hearts beat a dire and unambitious Hibs team today. That's all. You could see it on his face in the post match interview.  He knows the weaknesses that are still there - and by the sound of it , knows we will not fix a lot of it this season.  But he's savvy enough to know that result gives him the rest of the season. 

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Spencer said:

Surely the biggest celebration is beating Hibs and having something to look forward to in a good home tie in next round rather than seek confrontation with fellow fans? 

Many fans had real concerns about how things were progressing. Those concerns imo were justified. 

There is no doubt that Craig Levein has made a huge difference as manager. Prior recruitment that he sanctioned was rightly criticised. Some of it was utterly horrendous 

McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the 4 best signings made in Scotland this season. Levein and Ann Budge deserve huge credit for that 

Enjoy the sweet satisfaction of victory rather than appear a righteous uber fan 

Nah, not having that. It's ok for you and others to dish it out, but we can't give any back? 

Yer having a laugh.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Most people weren't doubting his "PHM" credentials . it was his role as DOF that was being questioned and his ability to support inexperienced coaches to deliver a winning football team.  Even on a day when Hearts get a welcome win against that lot we still have "fans" who can't help themselves in goading  people into " i told you so" .  CL gets a well deserved break from the pressure he has been under  but he has a long way to go to deliver and meet expectations. His strength is his ability to make Hearts hard to beat but we are miles away from being anything like a football team .  Hearts beat a dire and unambitious Hibs team today. That's all. You could see it on his face in the post match interview.  He knows the weaknesses that are still there - and by the sound of it , knows we will not fix a lot of it this season.  But he's savvy enough to know that result gives him the rest of the season. 

meet expectations ? rest of the season ? well tell the poor goaded we're not getting relegated '- never were or any danger of, also the all crap that he wasn't caring and should have been pumped . I haven't goaded anyone , but in the case of others it would seem they have and are just returning the compliment. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was one of those who should be included amongst those who were suggesting that we needed to watch what we were doing as I was worried there was a danger we could get dragged towards the bottom end of the league. I didn't say it because I wanted to I said it because I thought it was a danger. I'm happy to have been proven wrong, although still think there is room for improvement. If anyone found such comments tasteless, out of turn, or anything else,  I apologise to them, it is never easy to say things which worry you without possibly getting on the nerves of others.

I reckon you are one of the most respected posters on here, pj1. The posts I noticed from you were mainly well thought out and reasoned and definitely not knee jerk, like quite a few others were. 

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Oh dear.

Mate that was quality.

Especially the uly quote.

Sorry uly I know it's not the shed but he know ?

18 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Nah, not having that. It's ok for you and others to dish it out, but we can't give any back? 

Yer having a laugh.

Quite right CH

This poster has consistently moaned about the way we have been run.  He needs to take a huge dollop of humble pie and apologise to the forum for his wayward rants.

It is obvious he is now trying to creep back onside but it won't wash.  He is entitled to his opinions but he is also entitled to get them rammed back down his throat when they are so wildly wrong.

We are not out of the woods yet but  we have come a long way since administration and it's high time he and his ilk get that into prespective.

24 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Yer having a laugh.

I have enjoyed Spencers teasing of tosh big Dave's heid.

Sorry tosh bigbdaves heid.

As THAT thread nipped me.

But aw aye Coburg he's havin a healthy laugh .

Spencer eat some pie buddy.

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I’m a 100% sure no one’s going to be having a pop at you for your reasoned concerns. It’s the utter losing the heid types that make social media such a chore at times.

He’s not the most likable man at times Levein but he knows what he’s doing.

I know how much it would mean to him if he won something for us.

8 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Some Hearts fans using JKB historical threads today of all days to get it up other Hearts fans . Weird sad people. 

Only trying to get it up the sort of doom mongers that refused to consider that Levein was the right answer and preferred to spread their negativity through most every thread. If the cap fits mate

Happy Clappers, PHM and Uber Fans 1 : Doom Mongers, Victor Meldrews, Trolls and Hibs Fans Pretending to be Jambos 0

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Quite right CH

This poster has consistently moaned about the way we have been run.  He needs to take a huge dollop of humble pie and apologise to the forum for his wayward rants.

It is obvious he is now trying to creep back onside but it won't wash.  He is entitled to his opinions but he is also entitled to get them rammed back down his throat when they are so wildly wrong.

We are not out of the woods yet but  we have come a long way since administration and it's high time he and his ilk get that into prespective.

My ilk :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Good man Hood.  That takes character.

I had doubts over whether CL was the man for the job.

Theres probably still a part of me somewhere which has a question mark over the appointment, but i'm quite happy to eat humble pie and concede hes slowly but surely dragging this team back up the way and deserves a lot of credit for doing so.

His comments from yesterday are much more akin to what I want to see - and the performance on the park was much more like what I expect to see from Hearts when taking the field against that shower of muppets.

We're far from a finished article, and there are still a lot of improvements to be made - but at the moment i'm finding it hard to be critical of anything. Well done Craig Levein!

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Wow. This guy kens his onions like.

Lol.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, jake said:

Mate that was quality.

Especially the uly quote.

Sorry uly I know it's not the shed but he know ?

Someone even says our defence is pish......

Did I have my doubts. Absolutely 

The whole Cathro appointment and the boot room idea made me doubt his decision to step into the hot seat.

I think it’s fair to say he himself has shown more passion for the job on the sidelines in the last couple of months than he did in the first few games.

I’m happy to be proven wrong on this occasion

9 hours ago, Hood09 said:

We are Hearts. When were we ever Barcelona? If you expect Hearts to play like Barcelona I’d suggest you find someth8ng else to do on Saturday afternoons. 

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

My ilk :facepalm:

Yes you and your cohorts.  Once more a feeble weak-kneed attempt to divert the spotlight.

Now man up, admit you were stupidly harsh/wrong and APOLOGISE to this board - and we'll say no more about it until you do.

Absolutely love CL.

Glad I was always a supporter of him and his vision :verysmug: 

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes you and your cohorts.  Once more a feeble weak-kneed attempt to divert the spotlight.

Now man up, admit you were stupidly harsh/wrong and APOLOGISE to this board - and we'll say no more about it until you do.

Not being funny mate but this "APOLOGISE TO THE BOARD" screaming from you and others is ******* pathetic. People are allowed to voice opinions and get it wrong.

I was critical of Levein, based entirely on the evidence as i saw it. Clearly things have moved on from then and i'm delighted to see it (as is everyone, bar a few nutters).

And anyway, i'll apologise for criticising Levein once i see some apologies for all those arseholes who wanted to give Cathro more time.

Geoff the Mince
23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can you  not just enjoy yesterdays result ? I'm the happiest ive been for months . Enjoy it mate .

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not being funny mate but this "APOLOGISE TO THE BOARD" screaming from you and others is ******* pathetic. People are allowed to voice opinions and get it wrong.

I was critical of Levein, based entirely on the evidence as i saw it. Clearly things have moved on from then and i'm delighted to see it (as is everyone, bar a few nutters).

And anyway, i'll apologise for criticising Levein once i see some apologies for all those arseholes who wanted to give Cathro more time.

Good for you.

16 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Can you  not just enjoy yesterdays result ? I'm the happiest ive been for months . Enjoy it mate .

Me too mate. Yesterday was magic 

41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Wow 

Just wow 

17 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's result, thank you.

I later enjoyed reading this board to see if any worms had turned.  Alas they fell short in the same vein as Lennon.

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Wow 

Just wow 

Go to your room, Spencer, and think about what you have done.

And don't even think about coming down for dinner until you apologise.

Geoff the Mince
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's result, thank you.

I later enjoyed reading this board to see if any worms had turned.  Alas they fell short in the same vein as Lennon.

Enjoy your day Al ?‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Go to your room, Spencer, and think about what you have done.

And don't even think about coming down for dinner until you apologise.

Unbelievable isn't it. Progress has been made and it is rightly being acknowledged 

Prior to that there was evident regression on the park and recruitment was very poor. 

Thankfully recent recruitment has been materially improved. I stated elsewhere that McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the best signings made by any club in Scotland this season 

I think Levein and Budge deserve huge credit for that 

What more does he want me to say!! 

Just now, Spencer said:

Unbelievable isn't it. Progress has been made and it is rightly being acknowledged 

Prior to that there was evident regression on the park and recruitment was very poor. 

Thankfully recent recruitment has been materially improved. I stated elsewhere that McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are probably the best signings made by any club in Scotland this season 

I think Levein and Budge deserve huge credit for that 

What more does he want me to say!! 

I'd imagine he wants you to acknowledge that the **** Levein train left the station far too early and that any new hearts manager, let alone a bona fide Hearts legend, deserves much more of a chance and way more respect than many have given Levein. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Happy Clappers, PHM and Uber Fans 1 : Doom Mongers, Victor Meldrews, Trolls and Hibs Fans Pretending to be Jambos 0

and neilson fans 0

(which is basically all the happy clappers)

anyway enjoy natural order being restored

:)

• cosanostra locked this topic