• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people follow this prick? Bad day when when you think Putin isn't the one bullshitting. 

This guy is the cause of the state of the UK, end of.

All going to plan I see. If you voted for this, its because they lied to you. Lied. Its not your fault. Its theirs. If you STILL think its a good idea then you need professional help!

AC0308F0-D067-4340-81ED-E62BB1D4629F.jpeg

Edited by Pans Jambo

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thing is, I could almost understand someone arguing for Brexit (especially before the vote) for purely ideological reasons. However, him and his ilk are nothing but money-grabbers, in it for themselves only, and somehow manage to twist that into being portrayed as Uber-patriots. What a world!

Uber patriots doing what their Russian handlers pay them to do. And what a sterling job they've done.

Before the withdrawal agreement,  a number of posters on here were referring to anyone who pointed out the likely significant negative economic and logistical downsides of a Hard/No Deal Brexit as Remoaners peddling Project Fear (despite the citations invariably coming from Business and Trade experts).

You don't see many of them referring back to those times,  actually to be Frank,you don't see them at all on this thread now.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Thing is, I could almost understand someone arguing for Brexit (especially before the vote) for purely ideological reasons. However, him and his ilk are nothing but money-grabbers, in it for themselves only, and somehow manage to twist that into being portrayed as Uber-patriots. What a world!

I've no problem with Brexit. It's him and his like. All minted and won't struggle. 

I read somewhere on here about how people look. Boris is a scruffy *****, yet they all don't mind, yet Corbyn had a creased jaiket and Milliband struggled with a roll and they were slaughtered. I don't get it, bud.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Uber patriots doing what their Russian handlers pay them to do. And what a sterling job they've done.

The first to go in the ethnic cleansing in the Republic of Jockistan. 

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The first to go in the ethnic cleansing in the Republic of Jockistan. 

The newly formed Haggistapo will root them out, leaving the Einsatzgruppen-ausseh to do the dirty work.

8 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

The newly formed Haggistapo will root them out, leaving the Einsatzgruppen-ausseh to do the dirty work.

Haggis is King Richard's invention. Very English. :)

il Duce McTarkin
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Haggis is King Richard's invention. Very English. :)

Eh, aye, ok then.

The Mighty Thor
52 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

I've got Aussieh down as leading a 'Hunters' type group hunting down the traitors and quislings.

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Excuse me. Can you stop nominating me for stuff. :D

It's mostly just executions and a spot of ethnic cleansing, bud, so nothing you're not used to.

7 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

It's mostly just executions and a spot of ethnic cleansing, bud, so nothing you're not used to.

I'm a changed man. Leave me alone. :(

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Costanza said:

Before the withdrawal agreement,  a number of posters on here were referring to anyone who pointed out the likely significant negative economic and logistical downsides of a Hard/No Deal Brexit as Remoaners peddling Project Fear (despite the citations invariably coming from Business and Trade experts).

You don't see many of them referring back to those times,  actually to be Frank,you don't see them at all on this thread now.

😆

That's good. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's actually shitter than we all thought 😂

Bank Of England Are Woke Lefty Radical Marxists Who Hate Britain

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Talking Britain down. 

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's actually shitter than we all thought 😂

Wonder how much someone got paid to come to that conclusion!

periodictabledancer
18 hours ago, Cade said:

I've been following a guy on Twitter since 2016 who is a self employed courier. He posts videos of the impact of brexit as he's been driving through Holyhead & Dover en route from Ireland to mainland Europe (or he did until Ireland opened up its shiny new multiple ferry routes direct to France because Ireland didn't want to be held hostage by the UK). 

The impact on Holyhead is catastrophic - there is virtually zero traffic going through the UK to Ireland as EU drivers just don't want the expense and hassle of UK border controls & customs red tape (which is MASSIVE).  He's posted numerous vids of near empty ferries with only a handful of commerical vehicles.

Recently he's been putting up vids of the Chunnell : again, the last few have shown virtually zero commerical traffic from EU hauliers. In fact the Operation Brock contingencies that were strangling the M20 have all but disappeared now. 

It reminds me a bit of the time a business owner said a few years back, he didn't need the Bank of England to tell him we were about to go into  recession as he already knew : when asked why, he said "because my phone hardly ever rings and I never hear from some customers any more".

Sunak warned by the EU that moving ahead with scrapping all the thousands of EU laws breaches the Brexit agreement on the "fair and level playing field" provisions and will be met with a full-on trade war, with punitive tariffs placed on almost all UK exports to the EU.

manaliveits105

but but there’s no trade with EU now according to jkb comrades ??

The EU still bitter about losing their cash cow 

Hope Sunak tells them to do one 

WorldChampions1902
On 04/02/2023 at 18:03, manaliveits105 said:

Who are these, “JKB comrades” saying, “there is no trade with the EU”???? 

Name and shame.

WorldChampions1902
On 04/02/2023 at 17:14, Cade said:

Sunak warned by the EU that moving ahead with scrapping all the thousands of EU laws breaches the Brexit agreement on the "fair and level playing field" provisions and will be met with a full-on trade war, with punitive tariffs placed on almost all UK exports to the EU.

:pleasing:

On 04/02/2023 at 18:03, manaliveits105 said:

Are you doubling down then? 

Brexit was foretold to be a disaster but its not, its a catastrophe!

Voting for it means you were duped by the lies. Nothing they promised has come to fruition in the 3 years since we left. Cutting VAT on the energy bills as an example of what they could have done almost immediately.

If you cant see through their lies now then I suggest you weren't duped, I would suggest you are either one of them (the toffs who will directly benefit from our misery), or you are quite dumb. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

If you cant see through their lies now then I suggest you weren't duped, I would suggest you are either one of them (the toffs who will directly benefit from our misery), or you are quite dumb. 

Or of course both.

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Voting for it means you were duped by the lies. Nothing they promised has come to fruition in the 3 years since we left. Cutting VAT on the energy bills as an example of what they could have done almost immediately.

Trolling.  He gets away with murder.

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'll go with quite dumb...👍

A group of big-name Brexit loons and Norn Iron Unionists have lost their attempt to have the Northern Ireland Protocol ruled unlawful at the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court rules that it's entirely lawful.

:jjyay:

WorldChampions1902
4 hours ago, Cade said:

A group of big-name Brexit loons and Norn Iron Unionists have lost their attempt to have the Northern Ireland Protocol ruled unlawful at the Supreme Court.

Supreme Court rules that it's entirely lawful.

:jjyay:

:rudiyas:

Oh, and here's the kicker.

The Supreme Court also ruled that signing the Brexit Deal (which included the Protocol) had superseded and de-facto repealed the 1800 Act Of Union, which stated that all parts of the UK are to be treated equally.

This may be both a good thing or a bad thing for Scotland.
We are now legally not in an equal union.

Not that we ever have been from a practical sense, but now it's been stated by the highest court in the land.

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

The Supreme Court also ruled that signing the Brexit Deal (which included the Protocol) had superseded and de-facto repealed the 1800 Act Of Union, which stated that all parts of the UK are to be treated equally.

Not that we ever have been from a practical sense, but now it's been stated by the highest court in the land.

Be interesting to see what our resident experts make of this given they were celebrating wildly the last time the Supreme Court got involved in Scottish constitutional matters 🤔

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

:rudiyas:

It's a bit of a strange thing to get excited about :cornette_dog:

What difference is it going to make to anyone outside of Loyalist NI?

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's a bit of a strange thing to get excited about :cornette_dog:

What difference is it going to make to anyone outside of Loyalist NI?

The U.K. signed up to a Brexit deal. Leavers were warned ad nauseum of the negative affects of that deal, despite their denial. They need to face up to the realities of that deal. Once that happens, we can start to properly deal with the resulting fall out. Leavers weaselling out of something they were warned about only prologues our collective agony. This ruling is one more significant step towards hopefully us rejoining the SM and CU.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

I don't think you understand the judgement. 

6 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Be interesting to see what our resident experts make of this given they were celebrating wildly the last time the Supreme Court got involved in Scottish constitutional matters 🤔

Parliament cannot bind its successors. Its a well known and long enshrined constitutional principle of the UK. No Acts have special treatment or special entrenchment. It means nothing else. 

4 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Parliament cannot bind its successors. Its a well known and long enshrined constitutional principle of the UK. No Acts have special treatment or special entrenchment. It means nothing else. 

What constitution?

periodictabledancer
13 hours ago, Cade said:

The court  didn't say that. It said in effect , Parliament knew what it was doing and it had the lawful powers to do it. Made even more ridiculous (on the part of the DUP) who 

brought this farce into being by forcing Brexit on the people of NI against their expressed wish. Their problem being , it was ok to have a border ( they knew there was going to be one , there had to be) but they wanted the GFA which they hate and never accepted, to be effectively  binned via the imposition of a hard border on Ireland. 

I don't see any parallels or relevance to Scotland. 

periodictabledancer
7 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Could you explain how this would apply to an independent Scotland ? 

The SNP puts up it's "plan"  , it's accepted for the purposes of an indy referendum which is then won but post indy a new Scottish govt and parliament wouldn't be obliged to deliver any of it. ?

Happy for you to cut n paste a reply on the indy thread. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Could you explain how this would apply to an independent Scotland ? 

The SNP puts up it's "plan"  , it's accepted for the purposes of an indy referendum which is then won but post indy a new Scottish govt and parliament wouldn't be obliged to deliver any of it. ?

Happy for you to cut n paste a reply on the indy thread. 

It'd be difficult to map how or even if the same doctrine would apply in the circumstances you describe. I don't believe it would really. The doctrine as it stands only really applies to the Westminster Parliament. 

Ultimately I don't think there would be any obligation to implement the plan in full but politically and otherwise it would be what would happen. 

manaliveits105
4h ago14:52

UK pays EU £2.3bn after losing trade dispute

The government announced the figure in a Written Ministerial Statement ahead of recess next week.

The payments relate to a disagreement over the importation of Chinese textiles and footwear between 2011 and 2017 - when the UK was still in the EU.

It was claimed the UK had failed to prevent the undervaluing of these goods, letting criminals evade customs duties by making false claims about the clothes and shoes.

In March last year, the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) found against the UK "on most liability points", according to John Glen, the chief secretary to the Treasury.

It found that more than half of all textiles and footwear imported into the UK from China were below "the lowest acceptable prices".

The European Commission has been seeking £1.7bn in compensation from the UK to the EU budget.

In June last year, the government made an initial payment  of €678,372,885.63 - which it says was the "minimum, indisputable amount the UK considered due at that time in light of the CJEU judgment".

Taking action then stopped interest accruing.

Last month, the government forked out another €700,351,738.31 - the rest of the headline amount due, minus the share the UK was due back having been a member state.

But Mr Glen went on to say that a final payment was made this week - of €1,227,884,519.53. 

This was the interest due on the amounts already paid.

In total, the bill was  €2,606,609,143.47  - equivalent to more than £2.3bn.

Mr Glen said: "These are substantial sums but represent the final payments and draw a line under this long-running case, with the UK fulfilling its international obligations.

"Now that the UK is no longer part of the EU's customs union, we do not have to remit any duties to the European Union, a tax that in 2021-22 represented a £4.9bn contribution to the exchequer."

£5billion saved - kerching comrades 

48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:
4h ago14:52

UK pays EU £2.3bn after losing trade dispute

The government announced the figure in a Written Ministerial Statement ahead of recess next week.

The payments relate to a disagreement over the importation of Chinese textiles and footwear between 2011 and 2017 - when the UK was still in the EU.

It was claimed the UK had failed to prevent the undervaluing of these goods, letting criminals evade customs duties by making false claims about the clothes and shoes.

In March last year, the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) found against the UK "on most liability points", according to John Glen, the chief secretary to the Treasury.

It found that more than half of all textiles and footwear imported into the UK from China were below "the lowest acceptable prices".

The European Commission has been seeking £1.7bn in compensation from the UK to the EU budget.

In June last year, the government made an initial payment  of €678,372,885.63 - which it says was the "minimum, indisputable amount the UK considered due at that time in light of the CJEU judgment".

Taking action then stopped interest accruing.

Last month, the government forked out another €700,351,738.31 - the rest of the headline amount due, minus the share the UK was due back having been a member state.

But Mr Glen went on to say that a final payment was made this week - of €1,227,884,519.53. 

This was the interest due on the amounts already paid.

In total, the bill was  €2,606,609,143.47  - equivalent to more than £2.3bn.

Mr Glen said: "These are substantial sums but represent the final payments and draw a line under this long-running case, with the UK fulfilling its international obligations.

"Now that the UK is no longer part of the EU's customs union, we do not have to remit any duties to the European Union, a tax that in 2021-22 represented a £4.9bn contribution to the exchequer."

£5billion saved - kerching comrades 

Hope they send it to the NHS!