• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ken where else they're no having to ration tomatoes?

Northern Ireland

Isn't that mental?

Once the DUP get their way, they’ll be sucking up rationing just like the rest of us.

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No government anywhere on the planet is imposing economic sanctions on itself, except one. Great Britain.

Implementing a social and economic model designed for the benefit of a very small section of domestic (and international) society is not the same thing as imposing economic sanctions upon oneself, Thor (ask Russia, Iran, and North Korea).

Althought granted, it's not as catchy a soundbite for an internet whinge.

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Who could have possibly predicted that a country that imports most of its fruits and vegetables would suffer fruit and vegetable shortages when it blows up its trade agreements and fails to renegotiate them because they think they're still an empire . . .

CEO of Sainsbury's has been talking about Thanet Earth, one of if not the biggest grower in the UK getting a hammering cos of brexit 

https://www.hortidaily.com/article/9356017/uk-thanet-earth-had-to-trash-ps320k-of-food-produce-due-to-lack-of-workers/

It also now turns out a lot of UK growers , aside from taking a kicking over the last couple of years due to unpicked crops , simply couldn't afford to grow anything over the winter as supermarkets wouldn't pick up the astronomical energy costs growers faced (they got no subsidy from govt).

The supermarkets know & knew there'd be a shortage but just don't talk about it. 

5 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Never said it didn't, but I don't think we're anywhere near the doomsday stage that some folks' political inclinations would like us to be at. Not saying we're not going to get to that stage at some point either, mind.

I don't get wanting us all to starve, just because we don't like Brexit. If it works good, if it doesn't we just need to change our ways to make it work. Then hope either the UK rejoins/part joins or Scotland does.

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Implementing a social and economic model designed for the benefit of a very small section of domestic (and international) society is not the same thing as imposing economic sanctions upon oneself, Thor (ask Russia, Iran, and North Korea).

It is when you know , and you've been told strongly & repeatedly before doing so , that the consequence of your actions will be trade barriers, huge amounts of  red tape and additional costs to your trade that will likley (and indeed, did) result in loss of trade. The UK actually voted for this. 

The main feck about Brexit is Russia and China seeing the EU weakened. So it makes me think they funded Boris and the Brexit balloon brigade.

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Shelves are fine in Tesco. Tho I've no been in for a few days. No quite the weather to worry about eating cold salads.

Paisley has a Tesco ? 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Paisley has a Tesco ? 

Has a few and a few Morrison's anaw. And an Asda just at Linwood. Aldi's Lidl and all the other smaller supermarkets. Plenty, plenty. :cheese:

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

It is when you know , and you've been told strongly & repeatedly before doing so , that the consequence of your actions will be trade barriers, huge amounts of  red tape and additional costs to your trade that will likley (and indeed, did) result in loss of trade. The UK actually voted for this. 

It's really not the same. One is the product of a corrupt political elite cynically preying on social and cultural fears to convince an electorate to vote through a policy which will enable a range of capitalists (and, ahem, communists, wink, nudge) to achieve their political and economic aims. The other is imposing economic sanctions on yourself.

il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The main feck about Brexit is Russia and China seeing the EU weakened. So it makes me think they funded Boris and the Brexit balloon brigade.

I don't think that's even a secret, bud.

3 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

I don't think that's even a secret, bud.

China is about to supply Russia with weapons.

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We’ll never find out for sure what influence Russian money has had on UK politics, but it’s not being paranoid, in my opinion, to believe that Putin would have desired Brexit to happen. Strangely, Trump was delighted as well, but then we don’t know what Putin has on him either.

Back in the day, it was Labour who were being accused, by the right wing media, of cosying up to the Russians. Now the Conservatives have been receiving donations from them. Only the good Russians, though, apparently.

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

The three amigos you mentioned have had sanctions imposed on them. Actually one of them has an economy which will grow more than the UKs this year. 

The Tories have however implemented them upon themselves, well all of us in reality. 

Its cost hundreds of billions already with many hundreds more to come.

Thats not a particularly catchy soundbite.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

We’ll never find out for sure what influence Russian money has had on UK politics, but it’s not being paranoid, in my opinion, to believe that Putin would have desired Brexit to happen. Strangely, Trump was delighted as well, but then we don’t know what Putin has on him either.

Back in the day, it was Labour who were being accused, by the right wing media, of cosying up to the Russians. Now the Conservatives have been receiving donations from them. Only the good Russians, though, apparently.

He had his hand in the Indyref anaw.

14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

One of his closest political advisor sorts wrote a book that essentially said Britain would ideally be isolated from the rest of the Europe. 

I wish I could recall it's name. 

Edit: thinks it's this one. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Edited by BlueRiver

periodictabledancer

C4News just Head of British Retail Consortium telling the country how robust it's supply chain is.:lol:

95% of winter salad veg is imported but he doesn't accept there is over reliance on imports because  it's too expensive to grow it in the UK anyway ( I think he was VERY sensitive to the criticsim that BRC haven't backed UK farmers and refsued to meet their high costs re energy inflation).

The situation will persist for 2-3 weeks. Anyay , no need to panic as supermarkets are rationing veg (as if we didn't know). 

Basically, trying to create a "what's all the fuss about" feel. 

28 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

C4News just Head of British Retail Consortium telling the country how robust it's supply chain is.:lol:

95% of winter salad veg is imported but he doesn't accept there is over reliance on imports because  it's too expensive to grow it in the UK anyway ( I think he was VERY sensitive to the criticsim that BRC haven't backed UK farmers and refsued to meet their high costs re energy inflation).

The situation will persist for 2-3 weeks. Anyay , no need to panic as supermarkets are rationing veg (as if we didn't know). 

Basically, trying to create a "what's all the fuss about" feel. 

Does seem a like a lot of fuss over very little. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

I know, I know.  I'm like a stuck record - don't blame Brexit when it's not Brexit.  Soz.  :runaway: 

As long as you're getting scurvy too, I'm happy

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'm sending this dispatch from Ireland to point out that we also have a fruit and veg problem.  And we didn't leave the EU.

This is not a uniquely British problem and it is not a Brexit problem.  Just saying.

Fruit and veg imports hit by poor weather in Europe (rte.ie)

This will be completely ignored by the dummy chuckers unfortunately. 

i wish jj was my dad
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I would be astonished if Farage & co don't have a lot of Russian money swilling about in their offshore accounts. I said it at the time.

12 hours ago, Dazo said:

This will be completely ignored by the dummy chuckers unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fair comment 

When you're taking facts into account, don't forget that the point of my post was to tell it how it is, not to give solace to right-wing little Englanders. ;) 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

When you're taking facts into account, don't forget that the point of my post was to tell it how it is, not to give solace to right-wing little Englanders. ;) 

😂

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Fair comment Uly 🤣

periodictabledancer
On 22/02/2023 at 18:03, SectionDJambo said:

We’ll never find out for sure what influence Russian money has had on UK politics, but it’s not being paranoid, in my opinion, to believe that Putin would have desired Brexit to happen.

Arron Banks made the biggest political donation in British history to leavue.eu campagn - £8 million - he has never accounted for the original source of that money.

He lied about the number of times he met the Russian ambassador in London and BJ won't release the Russia report (where all this is known). 

The secret services made it clear Russia had an interest in the 2014 referendum but strangely made no comment about the 2016 referendum.

So, yeah, there was Russian money all over UK politics. 

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Arron Banks made the biggest political donation in British history to leavue.eu campagn - £8 million - he has never accounted for the original source of that money.

He lied about the number of times he met the Russian ambassador in London and BJ won't release the Russia report (where all this is known). 

The secret services made it clear Russia had an interest in the 2014 referendum but strangely made no comment about the 2016 referendum.

So, yeah, there was Russian money all over UK politics. 

That's brutal. 

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I’d expect nothing less from someone like you Uly. Still being ignored though isn’t it. 

Edited by Dazo

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

I’d expect nothing less from someone like you Uly. Still being ignored though isn’t it. 

Aw pal, I'd have thought working in a Turkish brothel would mean you can take it with a smile

periodictabledancer
21 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's brutal. 

Dan Hannan - arch brexiter, bed mate of Banks and total liar on all  matters brexit - penned this piece two weeks before Putin invaded Ukraine. Every time he speaks he sounds like that other Russian asset, Donald Trump.

Finally Brexit delivering a good news story. Economic growth, job creation, businesses thriving and a boost to tourism

“There’s an economic boom under way in the south-east,” Hore said. “A lot of new businesses, particularly technology companies, have started moving in. And Brexit is definitely a driver, an accelerator, in that process.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/25/ports-france-ireland-brexit-cherbourg-rosslare

WorldChampions1902
22 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Finally Brexit delivering a good news story. Economic growth, job creation, businesses thriving and a boost to tourism

“There’s an economic boom under way in the south-east,” Hore said. “A lot of new businesses, particularly technology companies, have started moving in. And Brexit is definitely a driver, an accelerator, in that process.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/25/ports-france-ireland-brexit-cherbourg-rosslare

The final sentence of that article, sums it up. ““Brexit seems to have been good for Ireland and France. For the UK? I’m not so sure”.

periodictabledancer
43 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The south east  ...... of Ireland. 😄

Boris is pushing the revolt on Rishi. The lad has a brass neck a blow torch couldn't mark. One day this, he be shut up for good.

On 22/02/2023 at 17:04, Smithee said:

Ken where else they're no having to ration tomatoes?

Northern Ireland

Isn't that mental?

And other places (for those not following this is the area in Ukraine with the heaviest fighting)

Edited by Mikey1874

HartleyLegend3
On 31/08/2017 at 12:18, jumpship said:

After the third round of talks.

No decisive dicisions have been made.

UK demands are simply unattainable.

EU, No clarity on border issue.

UK, EU needs to be flexible.

Its all going well then.

Nearly there.  👍

How many rounds has there been? 🤔 

The Mighty Thor

Chuck III getting wheeled out to 'endorse' the deal. 

He's going to simultaneously piss off the flag shaggers and the flat earthers.

Magic 😂😂

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Magic 😂😂

"If it's good enough for your king, it's good enough for you " energy. 

😁

The DUP will be raging if it's true they're getting to debate what will still be  "foreign rule" at Stormont. 

Herr Farage, the DUP and Rees-Mogg are all raging.

:jjyay:

Farage unironically banging on about "unelected EU bureaucrats" and ignoring the fast that Charlie is a wee bit unelected himself.
Ree-Mogg complaining about involving a Monarch in political matters (and ignoring the fact that he personally lied to The Queen and convinced her to illegally prorogue Parliament)

:rofl:

Edited by Cade

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Herr Farage, the DUP and Rees-Mogg are all raging.

:jjyay:

Farage unironically banging on about "unelected EU bureaucrats" and ignoring the fast that Charlie is a wee bit unelected himself.
Ree-Mogg complaining about involving a Monarch in political matters (and ignoring the fact that he personally lied to The Queen when illegally proroguing Parliament)

:rofl:

It's all a bit Fawlty Towers at Westminster now. Just need the Irish builders to join in the farce. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Magic 😂😂

Crafty move from wee Rishi, there. How can they attack the deal on sovereignty when the Sovereign himself has been seen to go along with it? Or something - I can't pretend to think the way that they do.

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Crafty move from wee Rishi, there. How can they attack the deal on sovereignty when the Sovereign himself has been seen to go along with it? Or something - I can't pretend to think the way that they do.

Pint sized Frank Mansoir will be rallying the ERG troops as we speak. 

No sign of Spaffer yet either. 

Hateful Spewer and the GB News types absolutely beelin.

Magnificent.