Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

There'll still be a lot of Leavers who are convinced it'll turn out great, whether by current ERG propaganda or embarrassment at believing the big red bus slogan. Where's that 350 million for the NHS then?

All based on lies, xenophobia and personal gain for a few people with influence.

I all my English mates are 100% behind brexit, full on Rule Britannia mode

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, RobboM said:

The wins just never stop!

Add in Brexiteer Tory Minister Eustice revealing just how shit the trade deals with Aus & NZ are

Add in this wee beauty too. Brexit just keeps on giving

Weer aw just "remoanerz" likesey!!!

:facepalm:

Can they STILL not see???

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Still greeting aboot Brexit I see :lol:

Oh Nucky. I would imagine that even you, deep down, would realise what a complete cock-up Brexit has been. Even if you were in favour of the principle of it before, the way we've implemented it has fecked up our economy for quite a long while into the future. Greeting, my arse.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Oh Nucky. I would imagine that even you, deep down, would realise what a complete cock-up Brexit has been. Even if you were in favour of the principle of it before, the way we've implemented it has fecked up our economy for quite a long while into the future. Greeting, my arse.

I don't even give it a 2nd thought anymore Red.

It's done, over and out.

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's done, over and out.

Its done?

:rofl:

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's done, over and out.

You're talking about the UK, I presume. We do seem to be on the way down, I agree, Nucky. Too many bad decisions and bad leaders over the years.

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, briever said:

Whenever I see one of Nucky's posts I am reminded of the Stalin anecdote.

image.jpeg.c4df0695515233def33fd72fa47ed094.jpeg

The chickens haven't come home to roost just yet

Cluck, cluck, cluck

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We're oot bud. No turning back

Get over it :biggrin2:

Nobody is "getting over it" anytime soon Nucky lad. We are all shafted!

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We're oot bud. No turning back

Get over it :biggrin2:

Difficult to get over being poorer. 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Difficult to get over being poorer. 

Lots of things are making us and the Europeans poorer 

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Lots of things are making us and the Europeans poorer 

Not many were a deliberate act of self harm. 

Dividend my arse. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's done, over and out.

My feelings too. I voted remain but accepted the " democratic will of the people" (sound familiar? ) anyway its done and dusted really, only hope was that Labour would consider re-joining.  I still think they might once they get in to govern. 

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

My feelings too. I voted remain but accepted the " democratic will of the people" (sound familiar? ) anyway its done and dusted really, only hope was that Labour would consider re-joining.  I still think they might once they get in to govern. 

I don't think Labour will go down that road James.

The so-called red wall, northern towns mostly voted for Brexit and that's the voters that Labour want to win back

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't think Labour will go down that road James.

The so-called red wall, northern towns mostly voted for Brexit and that's the voters that Labour want to win back

Aye thats true. 

Scotland will be back, soon enough. When we chose to. Then all the No voting Brexiters can go south and be the new invasion.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland will be back, soon enough. When we chose to. Then all the No voting Brexiters can go south and be the new invasion.

That would be the EU's choice as to whether to accept the application. Article 49 is then triggered and a long slow meticulous, bureaucratic process begins.

Anyway, what about the Yes voting Brexiters (about 1/3 of Yes voters) and No voting remainers (just under half of No voters)?

Would you really want everyone whose views you don't share to leave Scotland in the event of Independence? The country would haemorrhage skilled labour and population.  Don't you think it would be better to reach out to them and get them onside to support the project?  Or do you prefer vengeful confrontation? 

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

That would be the EU's choice as to whether to accept the application. Article 49 is then triggered and a long slow meticulous, bureaucratic process begins.

Anyway, what about the Yes voting Brexiters (about 1/3 of Yes voters) and No voting remainers (just under half of No voters)?

Would you really want everyone whose views you don't share to leave Scotland in the event of Independence? The country would haemorrhage skilled labour and population.  Don't you think it would be better to reach out to them and get them onside to support the project?  Or do you prefer vengeful confrontation? 

Swindon, that's Aussie you're talking to.  Everything in the world is the same old indy blah blah blah for him.  And that's fine, but if people want to have their little local spat could they all please not screw up another thread with off-topic guff?  :whistling: 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Swindon, that's Aussie you're talking to.  Everything in the world is the same old indy blah blah blah for him.  And that's fine, but if people want to have their little local spat could they all please not screw up another thread with off-topic guff?  :whistling: 

What did he say? Is Scotland rejoining the EU  or the so called invasion to English shores not on topic of the aftermath of Brexit? You don't decide what's onor off topic anymore, Ully. Jexit happened a while ago, did it not?

3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I don't care if we join the EU or not. SM and CU will do. The Mini Brits can leave and style in Big Britain and become fully fledged British. :thumbsup: Hopefully they have a return flight from Rwanda. 

I'm not interested in reaching out to anyone unless it's with a closed fist or a slate hammer.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't care if we join the EU or not. SM and CU will do. The Mini Brits can leave and style in Big Britain and become fully fledged British. :thumbsup: Hopefully they have a return flight from Rwanda. 

I'm not interested in reaching out to anyone unless it's with a closed fist or a slate hammer.

:lol: 

The Mighty Thor

I see the deniers are still swallowing the 'got Brexit done' kool aid. 😂

It's not even 25% done. The Toalies are shit scared of fully implementing their Brexit as it would destroy our already 'developing world' economy. 

Jeffros Furios
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:pleasing:

22 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What did he say? Is Scotland rejoining the EU  or the so called invasion to English shores not on topic of the aftermath of Brexit? You don't decide what's onor off topic anymore, Ully. Jexit happened a while ago, did it not?

Hi Aussie.  Unlike you, ya poor British saddo, I live in the EU, and the thread is about the Brexit deal - the one that your British Conservative government screwed up.

Get over yourself (and don't forget to check that passport).  :laugh: 

I know these sort of stories attract a lot of schadenfreude but it just saddens me having grown up in a similar Leave voting, fishing community taken in by snake oil selling Brexit bullshit

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

I know these sort of stories attract a lot of schadenfreude but it just saddens me having grown up in a similar Leave voting, fishing community taken in by snake oil selling Brexit bullshit

Like many deluded Leavers, the fishing community indulged in a barrowload of wishful thinking as they saw £££££££’s littering their Sunny fishing grounds. Their greed was knowingly blind to the wider negative effects of their vote and they didn’t care about how so many aspects of the rest of the U.K. would be  grievously harmed.

So no, Hell mend them.

7 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Like many deluded Leavers, the fishing community indulged in a barrowload of wishful thinking as they saw £££££££’s littering their Sunny fishing grounds. Their greed was knowingly blind to the wider negative effects of their vote and they didn’t care about how so many aspects of the rest of the U.K. would be  grievously harmed.

So no, Hell mend them.

Whilst true, your statement reversed could be exactly the same for them. Fishing communities were a second thought to the remainers. So I'd maybe cut people some slack. It doesn't make them bad people.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fishing communities were a second thought to the remainers.

I can't work out what this actually means, what consideration were the Remain camp meant to be showing? Weren't they just campaigning to stay in the EU?

Just now, Smithee said:

I can't work out what this actually means, what consideration were the Remain camp meant to be showing? Weren't they just campaigning to stay in the EU?

They should have spoken to them.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They should have spoken to them.

Who should have spoken to whom? There was campaigning going on, but it didn't go down very well, the EU fishing grievances were too deeply established.

Captain Sausage

I find it mind blowing that a single person in the U.K. could genuinely look at the absolute shitshow that is Brexit and think ‘wow, I’m sure glad we did that’. 

The hysteria whipped up round two points in particular are what got Farage, Johnson et al over the line:

1) Immigration: Currently going through one of the tightest labour markets in history and the usual relief valve of immigration from the continent is off the table. 
2) 350m for the NHS. Instead we’ve ended up with a 600m+ per week black hole. 

The egregious lies told by the leave campaign have led to no consequences, while just about every prediction made by ‘project fear’ has come true. 

At this point, I don’t think it’s unfair to class anyone still believing in Brexit as either a troll or an absolute moron. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Whilst true, your statement reversed could be exactly the same for them. Fishing communities were a second thought to the remainers. So I'd maybe cut people some slack. It doesn't make them bad people.

The fishing communities only have themselves to blame for selling their quotas to foreigners. However, like all Brexit supporters they blame everyone but themselves for believing anything Farage and Johnson said.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The fishing communities only have themselves to blame for selling their quotas to foreigners. However, like all Brexit supporters they blame everyone but themselves for believing anything Farage and Johnson said.

The fishermen and the farmers saw pound signs.

Now the arse is hanging out their troosers. 

Shame. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 17/11/2022 at 01:52, Ulysses said:

Hi Aussie.  Unlike you, ya poor British saddo, I live in the EU, and the thread is about the Brexit deal - the one that your British Conservative government screwed up.

Get over yourself (and don't forget to check that passport).  :laugh: 

It's 'Ausseh'. 👍

Good post, though.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The fishermen and the farmers saw pound signs.

Now the arse is hanging out their troosers. 

Shame. 

Yip, thick, greedy, gullible, racists.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What did it say?

Cannae mind. Nowt defamatory about you though I don't think.

Edit. 

:lol:

It was actually pretty funny. On the last page so go and look.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore