• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yes, wft Enzo, wft indeed

Oh "wft" , instead of "wtf". Ahahaha, I get it,  Smithee. What a wag you are. Comedy gold.  Well done!

But....back to the investigations. Any update? Huh?

6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Could someone PhotoShop Neil Lennon falling on his arse in the aisle?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Gibson, Mackay, Murrells, Ferrier, Grady.  Any update? Anyone found the missing dough?

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Seriously wft you talking about?

I presume that, as a bot, you are unaware of the image on here that shows Neil Lennon on his erse in front of a large group of fans and the various witty interpretations with selections of emojis.

As the aircraft interior showed a variety of meme characters I thought, in a light-hearted moment, that there could be similarities with the aforementioned images.

I can see I've wasted my time. I propose to waste no more.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

I presume that, as a bot, you are unaware of the image on here that shows Neil Lennon on his erse in front of a large group of fans and the various witty interpretations with selections of emojis.

As the aircraft interior showed a variety of meme characters I thought, in a light-hearted moment, that there could be similarities with the aforementioned images.

Don't bt so harsh on yourself. 

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Don't bt so harsh on yourself. 

Ach, I'll look upon it as a public service.

If he/she/they is trolling me it keeps them away from other folk.

I do the same with cold callers - more time spent on my phone means less time bothering some auld folk.

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh "wft" , instead of "wtf". Ahahaha, I get it,  Smithee. What a wag you are. Comedy gold.  Well done!

But....back to the investigations. Any update? Huh?

Eh?

35 minutes ago, Boof said:

No, I can't.  So, yes, you did waste your time.👍. Perhaps a more "high brow" response next time would reap more benefit for you?🤷‍♀️

Been glued to Sky News but still can't find any update on the Mackay, Ferrier,  Grady, Gibson, Murrell (s) investigations? Anyone?

20 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Spambot needs a reboot.

Maybe thrown awry by the clocks changing.

Well...they changed in this country.

JimboJambo1874

This may be the longest thread in history. Worth keeping it going to see if the record can be broken. 😄 Brexit is the arguably the most divisive issue of our time. Still, it's pleasing to see that the Hearts support are not a homogenous collective of group thinkers. Great to see all opinions being expressed. It's a complex issue that's for sure.                                                                                    Right, I'm putting out there. Tell me if you agree with this statement, Hearts fans are generally better educated that any other group of football fans in the country. Massive generalisation I realise. Agree? Right, here's an even bigger bombshell. I think Hibs fans are, in general, fairly easy to talk to about politics and current affairs. Certainly much more so than the OF firms. Again, there seems to be real diversity of opinion amongst their support, whereas OF firm fans often seem to stick to one set of ideas(although not as much as they used to). Have I gone too far with the Hibs comment? Shoot me down if you feel the need. Wrong thread for this? Maybe I should start one.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sorry for going off-topic, but I don't know what's happened to Enzo. His politics were always different to mine but I used to appreciate him and we had some good conversations on here. The whole Covid thing seems to have thrown him off balance.

Nothing to do with Covid,  Red.  I'm simply standing my ground against a wee gang who continually post childish memes,  make snidey digs and rail against any challenge to their world view.

If people want a safe space where they can post all sorts of vile abuse about and constant criticism of the UK govt yet not expect the Scot Gov to be challenged in the same way, then they are on the wrong site.

I will continue to challenge and retort. The alternative is not good.

I'm surprised at you taking sides, Red, you're normally better than that.

9 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

what an utter helmet you have become...

Seriously,  scratching the surface of Nationalism exposes the likes of yourself. 

I'll let others decide whether your abusive comment is appropriate.  But I'll ignore it..for now.

According to one set of research done by the University of Sussex, all of the UK's new trade deals when combined are worth a total of between £3 and £7 per person.

Over the next 15 years.
Not per year for 15 years.

£7 in total.

This is around 0.02% of GDP.

Brexit losses (according to the Government's own projections) are a reduction in GDP of 4% over the same 15 year period.

This means the economic loss from Brexit is somewhere around 178 times more than the economic benefits.

WorldChampions1902
14 hours ago, JimboJambo1874 said:

This may be the longest thread in history. Worth keeping it going to see if the record can be broken. 😄

All the more amazing, given the much worn Tory mantra, “We Got Brexit Done”. Except of course, they didn’t. And it won’t be done for decades, if ever. But the hard of thinking swallowed yet another lie and shouted, “Project Fear”, when their folly was highlighted.

So yes, this thread will run for many, many years. As each and every lie is exposed, as each and every consequence of this act of economic vandalism surfaces and as many of the architects finally acknowledge their ineptitude, which IMHO many will. Because the enormity of where we find ourselves in the not too distant future will be impossible to gloss over and we are already seeing signs of that since January.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

According to one set of research done by the University of Sussex, all of the UK's new trade deals when combined are worth a total of between £3 and £7 per person.

Over the next 15 years.

£7 in total.

Brexit losses (according to the Government's own projections) are a reduction in GDP of 4% over the same 15 year period.

This means the economic loss from Brexit is somewhere around 178 times more than the economic benefits.

Careful now, that’s a negative remark about the uk gov. Enzo will be around shortly to even things up by commenting about the Scot gov. Will likely be nonsense but he’ll defend it for days. Then get bored and change to another fantasy claim.

WorldChampions1902
54 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Careful now, that’s a negative remark about the uk gov. Enzo will be around shortly to even things up by commenting about the Scot gov. Will likely be nonsense but he’ll defend it for days. Then get bored and change to another fantasy claim.

Absolutely damning.

I await the revisionist view from the usual suspects with great interest. Followed by the now customary deflection and whataboutery.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deals-australia-new-zealand-b1952442.html

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Over the next 15 years.

£7 in total.

To be fair that's about a penny a week - each!

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

And they say Boris is a clueless ****tard.

I'm saving mine up, imagine what having 7 quid in 15 years time will be like?!

:wow:

It might cover the first week's rise in NI we are being subjected to by the party of low taxation. 

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

And they say Boris is a clueless ****tard.

I'm saving mine up, imagine what having 7 quid in 15 years time will be like?!

:wow:

This piece of work said we need to wait 50 years before we can start to see the benefits!

B68DBC5B-4266-495A-B7C1-3766DDC2A0EB.jpeg

Aside from Covid and Hearts, I've generally found myself at opposite ends of the debate with Enzo...at times quite staunchly and passionately. The recent emergence of group think gangs on here though finds me in an weird position of disagreeing with him on the topic but oddly feeling in his corner on the arguments 😂

The Mighty Thor
39 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The recent emergence of group think gangs on here though finds me in an weird position of disagreeing with him on the topic but oddly feeling in his corner on the arguments 😂

I'm intrigued as to the emergence of the narrative of 'group think gangs'. 

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm intrigued as to the emergence of the narrative of 'group think gangs'. 

It's probably always existed in fairness and I've just not previously been as avid a reader of the site. Alternatively, I've probably been part of one and as such not perceived it in that way.

I've just felt recently there's been an uplift in someone saying something then rather than one or two people refuting it or debating it that one person will refute it and then 4 or 5 more will follow it up with near enough the exact same point which is tedious to read and then a little back slapping exercise ensues and before you know it 3 or 4 pages have passed going over and over the same point...which has always happened but usually just a back and forth between two people, now the additional 4 or 5 people engaging in the topic may as well just be copying and pasting other posters points.

Bring back rep instead I say. Easier to brown nose without clogging up the board 😂

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Aside from Covid and Hearts, I've generally found myself at opposite ends of the debate with Enzo...at times quite staunchly and passionately. The recent emergence of group think gangs on here though finds me in an weird position of disagreeing with him on the topic but oddly feeling in his corner on the arguments 😂

This thread would be reasonable enough if everyone stayed somewhere in the rough vicinity of the topic.

Hopefully the mods recently deleting a load of off topic posts are a sign of things to come.

Anyway, on topic :whistling:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/boris-johnson-article-16-brexit-plan/

Group think gangs = generally accepted facts being repeated by more than one person in order to debunk a conspiracy theory or other blatant lie.

:fonzie:

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's probably always existed in fairness and I've just not previously been as avid a reader of the site. Alternatively, I've probably been part of one and as such not perceived it in that way.

I've just felt recently there's been an uplift in someone saying something then rather than one or two people refuting it or debating it that one person will refute it and then 4 or 5 more will follow it up with near enough the exact same point which is tedious to read and then a little back slapping exercise ensues and before you know it 3 or 4 pages have passed going over and over the same point...which has always happened but usually just a back and forth between two people, now the additional 4 or 5 people engaging in the topic may as well just be copying and pasting other posters points.

Bring back rep instead I say. Easier to brown nose without clogging up the board 😂

100% nailed it. The high fives, black slapping and meme follow ups especially on the Enzo insults is ridiculous. Someone referred to him as mentally handicapped(special) ffs. The points made by anyone completely lost or almost irrelevant. Enzo seems more than big enough to deal with it though and gives back plenty. The same people regardless of subject do like a pile on though. 

26 minutes ago, Dazo said:

100% nailed it. The high fives, black slapping and meme follow ups especially on the Enzo insults is ridiculous. Someone referred to him as mentally handicapped(special) ffs. The points made by anyone completely lost or almost irrelevant. Enzo seems more than big enough to deal with it though and gives back plenty. The same people regardless of subject do like a pile on though. 

The site already has mods chief!

Enzo throws around more shade than anyone else, and the reason this stuff happens is because he'll argue day is night, and keep insisting he was right for weeks after.

It is what it is, if he sorts his patter out this all goes away.

1 hour ago, Beni said:

Hopefully the mods recently deleting a load of off topic posts are a sign of things to come.

Anyway, on topic :whistling:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/boris-johnson-article-16-brexit-plan/

The shit really is going to hit the fan if they go ahead with the article 16 plan. The EU aren’t for backing down and they can’t really as they need to send a strong message to other countries that leaving isn’t worth it.

The bottom line here is that BoJo and co agreed the deal and raved about it. Now they’re crying that the EU aren’t enforcing it in the “spirit” they want them to to. As has been suggested, it looks like they just rushed through the deal in order to win votes but always intended to worm their way out and renegotiate.

18 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

The shit really is going to hit the fan if they go ahead with the article 16 plan. The EU aren’t for backing down and they can’t really as they need to send a strong message to other countries that leaving isn’t worth it.

The bottom line here is that BoJo and co agreed the deal and raved about it. Now they’re crying that the EU aren’t enforcing it in the “spirit” they want them to to. As has been suggested, it looks like they just rushed through the deal in order to win votes but always intended to worm their way out and renegotiate.

And of course, the EU will have known exactly what these arseholes would try, that they're incapable of acting in good faith. They'll be ready.

22 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

The EU will have their patience exhausted at some point.

They've already given ground on the NIP, but Frost just says thanks for the concessions now give us some more.

The UK has shown it can't be trusted to stick to the terms of its own agreements, so there's less incentive for the EU to seek comprehensive.

As the article suggests keeping a trade war bubbling with the EU up to the next election might be an attractive option for Johnson.

He's got previous, having backed Brexit to further his personal ambitions rather than any political ideology.

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And of course, the EU will have known exactly what these arseholes would try, that they're incapable of acting in good faith. They'll be ready.

I genuinely think they would have. Fool me once etc.

The next few weeks and months are going to be fantastic viewing if you’re a fan of political drama.

Just now, Beni said:

The EU will have their patience exhausted at some point.

They've already given ground on the NIP, but Frost just says thanks for the concessions now give us some more.

The UK has shown it can't be trusted to stick to the terms of its own agreements, so there's less incentive for the EU to seek comprehensive.

As the article suggests keeping a trade war bubbling with the EU up to the next election might be an attractive option for Johnson.

He's got previous, having backed Brexit to further his personal ambitions rather than any political ideology.

EU taking the right approach by listening to people and businesses in NI and Ireland about the impact the Protocol is having and offering changes accordingly. While Frost is blathering platitudes about protecting the GFA and the people, the EU is actually listening to them. If the majority in NI start to side with the EU then this govt really are fecked as they can no longer paint the “big bad EU destroying the GFA” any more.

HartleyLegend3

In the long run. The pandemic will cost the UK economy 2%

Brexit will cost the UK 4%

Remember that the next time a leave voter blames the pandemic for the now and future shitshow. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

The site already has mods chief!

Enzo throws around more shade than anyone else, and the reason this stuff happens is because he'll argue day is night, and keep insisting he was right for weeks after.

It is what it is, if he sorts his patter out this all goes away.

I didn’t mention anything about the mods getting involved and did say Enzo can hand it out so not sure what you’re on about. Your last comment says it really, if he comes round to pile on gangs way of thinking he won’t get rounded on ? 😂

17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I didn’t mention anything about the mods getting involved and did say Enzo can hand it out so not sure what you’re on about. Your last comment says it really, if he comes round to pile on gangs way of thinking he won’t get rounded on ? 😂

I know, I'm saying there are mods so you don't need to worry your pretty little head about it. 

And no, that's not what I'm saying at all, if he stops spouting shite and insisting it's sugar then people will stop pointing out, and proving, that's he's talking shite. We all come out with daft stuff - man up when it happens.

But let's get back on topic eh?

On 06/11/2021 at 19:40, Alex Kintner said:

Are you a bitter ex-pupil of mine?

Oh wait, you can’t be. I never taught Special Ed.

I have my doubts you are a teacher after that comment.

And if you were you must have been a shit one.

Special Ed?

Deary me.

Thank god you are nowhere near children anymore.

Although going by your posts I doubt you ever were.

Brexit voters apparently taking back control of borders.

Oh dear didnt they miss a trick .

The EU backing Polands militarized response to the weaponized migrants from Belarus.

Invited then beaten by the Belorussians towards the EU.

Then beaten back the way.

If only the brexiteers knew they might have voted remain.

13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Special Ed?

Deary me.

Wrong on every single count 👍🏻

29 minutes ago, Ked said:

Special Ed?

Deary me.

Ah who cares, he was a bloody spaceman then, Jesus

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Ah who cares, he was a bloody spaceman then, Jesus

There’s only one space cadet on this thread 🤪👍🏻

23 minutes ago, Ked said:

Brexit voters apparently taking back control of borders.

Oh dear didnt they miss a trick .

The EU backing Polands militarized response to the weaponized migrants from Belarus.

Invited then beaten by the Belorussians towards the EU.

Then beaten back the way.

If only the brexiteers knew they might have voted remain.

The dictatorship in Minsk decides to weaponise refugees by pushing them across the border into Poland.  Why?  To create instability in Poland and the EU generally because of EU sanctions against Belarus.  Straight out of the Putin playbook after Crimea.  Poland has the right to secure its borders, just as the UK does.  Why would the EU tell any member state that it can't secure its borders?

This is the problem with ????, I mean with you.  You see things happening in countries and jump automatically into "OMG, the EU just shat on the floor" mode. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

The dictatorship in Minsk decides to weaponise refugees by pushing them across the border into Poland.  Why?  To create instability in Poland and the EU generally because of EU sanctions against Belarus.  Straight out of the Putin playbook after Crimea.  Poland has the right to secure its borders, just as the UK does.  Why would the EU tell any member state that it can't secure its borders?

This is the problem with ????, I mean with you.  You see things happening in countries and jump automatically into "OMG, the EU just shat on the floor" mode. 

Thank you for spelling weaponise correctly, and for describing one of my favourite pictures.

PicsArt_05-11-12_21_28.thumb.jpg.8d49d94cab82de8ac2f9efb66a07be49.jpg