Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

:rofl:

You just know he's been googling like hell today to come up with this stuff and now he's chucking it cos he's having problems with his audience again and can't face having to do more googling. 

😄

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor poor enzo. Can’t you all give him a break? If everyone just pretends he right then he might give us some peace!

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

But it would be worse with Indy

But think of ALL that fish?

Let’s “Take Back Control”!

3…….2……….1……….

B5983594-4F14-4233-88EF-BE6C6C3F717F.jpeg

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

But think of ALL that fish?

Let’s “Take Back Control”!

3…….2……….1……….

B5983594-4F14-4233-88EF-BE6C6C3F717F.jpeg

" man cannoth live on Fish alone.."  WE might with oil though....oh wait... anyway I don't want to derail the thread with Indy talk. Theres a thread for that. 

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

" man cannoth live on Fish alone.."  WE might with oil though....oh wait... anyway I don't want to derail the thread with Indy talk. Theres a thread for that. 

Very wise. 👍

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nationalism is a means to an end, James. In their narrow vision the outcome is fixed but the evidence has to be twisted or ignored, in order to reach that final destination. 

Intelligent people change their views and adapt as evidence or world events change but Nationalism does not tolerate any opposing views or dissent.

I think I've shown I can handle them OK though. The memes and name calling are easily vaporised by facts. 

Some though may be influencing future generations,which is the most frightening part of it all 

British Nationalists need to get a grip, then! 

Konrad von Carstein

Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information:

"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it."

:whistling:

WorldChampions1902
10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

British Nationalists need to get a grip, then! 

They already have a ‘firm grip’. Remember the much-derided National Front? This NF poster is scarily familiar.

D630E927-AA9C-403C-AC51-73B52D5B43E7.jpeg

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

They already have a ‘firm grip’. Remember the much-derided National Front? This NF poster is scarily familiar.

Backward Britain. Always has been.

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Backward Britain. Always has been.

And to think some would have us believe that those south of the border are far more intelligent and savvy than us  🙄

16 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

And to think some would have us believe that those south of the border are far more intelligent and savvy than us  🙄

Lochaber no more. Brain drain no more. Skye no more.

Edit: or more accurately supposedly;

Brain drain no more. Lochaber once more. Skye once more.

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information:

"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it."

:whistling:

Which is how conspiracy theories and complete lies gain traction in the 21st century, 24-hour media cycle.

By the time you've disproven the nonsense, the news cycle has already moved on to the next gobshite statement.

Much in the same way that it takes weeks or months for a newspaper to print retractions and apologies......it doesn't mean anything because for those weeks or months the lies and slander have become accepted fact in the minds of the easily confused.

On 01/11/2021 at 23:49, Alex Kintner said:

Nah mate, you’ve exposed your true colours now too and your entrenched, self/loathing views aren’t worth the time or effort. In my job (which isn’t teaching any more) I see the very worst but also the very best of society. I work with so many intelligent, selfless professionals who strive to make Scotland a better place today and for future generations. Your characterisation of this amazing country and its people couldn’t be more wrong. Regardless of their political or idealogical beliefs, I pity anyone who genuinely thinks about their own country and countrymen the way you and Enzo do. I’ll leave you to your neuroses. 

😂😂😂

Sorry to derail thread.

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2021/03/31/musaecom-seals-600m-scottish-water-deal/

Before this contract a French firm ran Scottish Waters treatment plants .Not the best record it has to be said and I know that many who fought for improvements were subjected to dirty tricks from the company.

These companies dont do it for nothing.

Scottish water publicly owned and rightly so .

But to somehow claim no one makes money as a private venture from supply or waste treatment is just wrong.

Oh and galliford try and morrisons utilities are part of a multi group.

Just now, Ked said:

Sorry to derail thread.

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2021/03/31/musaecom-seals-600m-scottish-water-deal/

Before this contract a French firm ran Scottish Waters treatment plants .Not the best record it has to be said and I know that many who fought for improvements were subjected to dirty tricks from the company.

But to somehow claim no one makes money as a private venture from supply or waste treatment is just wrong.

Enzo claimed that the only way the water system could get invested in was via privatisation as the state doesn't have money, I don't know who's making the claim in bold.

On 02/11/2021 at 00:35, NANOJAMBO said:

Like what ?

Sources  please ? 

Any tie ins for private households ,new builds,or business are carried out by sub contractors.

Scottish Water manage that .

And only do a final connection.

All Scottish Water from supply to waste treatment is ran by private companies for profit .

Because private companies have to make money.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Enzo claimed that the only way the water system could get invested in was via privatisation as the state doesn't have money, I don't know who's making the claim in bold.

Hes wrong .Scottish government gave loans.

I told him that.

However Scottish Water isnt like the NHS as the vast majority of the work isnt carried out or indeed ran by it's own staff.

Nano asked me for sources I think.

But the flavour of some was that Scottish Water was non profit.

It's not.

On 02/11/2021 at 03:44, ri Alban said:

Aw, poor Zlat. :rofl:

And feck Team GB, it'll be dead soon.

:yas:

Zlatan?

Tired old patter and just not real.

Bit like all of your posts to be fair.

Now run along and take your pet haggis for a walk with your kiddie on kings of Scotland while the rest of us relax about what it really means to be Scottish.

You and the kitner laddie can talk shite about self loathing .

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Hes wrong .Scottish government gave loans.

I told him that.

However Scottish Water isnt like the NHS as the vast majority of the work isnt carried out or indeed ran by it's own staff.

Nano asked me for sources I think.

But the flavour of some was that Scottish Water was non profit.

It's not.

It's now been days of Enzo squirming away from his bullshit rather than just manning up, can we stop giving him a cloud of dust to hide in now?

Enzo's an idiot, cool, now let's put the buns away and get back to Brexit!

Just now, Smithee said:

It's now been days of Enzo squirming away from his bullshit rather than just manning up, can we stop giving him a cloud of dust to hide in now?

Fair enough.

12 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Should we not all be eating locally produced food and seasonal?

Or are we still demanding choice at the expense of climate impact?

And are you really boycotting morrisons?

12 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

You may also wish if boycotting supermarkets like to look into which ones are most ethical?

Morrisons beat the likes of Tesco and Asda.

Especially on environmentally friendly sources foods.

WorldChampions1902
27 minutes ago, Ked said:

Should we not all be eating locally produced food and seasonal?

Or are we still demanding choice at the expense of climate impact?

And are you really boycotting morrisons?

The much-respected Food Industry bugle “The Grocer”, makes it clear in this article, the danger to food manufacturers of stoking a cultures war through ‘over-zealous’ food labelling (including flag-sh*****g). Any company that fails to heed THEIR warning runs the risk of paying the price. It seems some of their members are failing to take the message onboard. Morrisons have now been shamed into changing their behaviour. Good. Will still avoid for now though. If you indulge in a cultures war, you should pay the price.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/brexit/culture-war-should-british-brands-fly-the-union-flag-on-packaging/655855.article#.YYEldIv7dZU.twitter

Edited by WorldChampions1902

You do realise that all that needs to happen is for the food to be packaged in the UK to get a flag on it, right?

Foodstuffs are flown or shipped in from around the world, taken to a factory and bagged up, and suddenly it's "BRITISH" 

Some supermarket do go the extra mile and have traceable origins right back to the farm/fishing area they came from but that's not required by law.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Zlatan?

Tired old patter and just not real.

Bit like all of your posts to be fair.

Now run along and take your pet haggis for a walk with your kiddie on kings of Scotland while the rest of us relax about what it really means to be Scottish.

You and the kitner laddie can talk shite about self loathing .

It’s Kintner. I didn’t get massacred by a shark just for you to spell my name incorrectly! 🤨

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s Kintner. I didn’t get massacred by a shark just for you to spell my name incorrectly! 🤨

Did Pippin the dog get scranned? We never did find out for sure.  Thought you might be the one to ask,  having maybe shared an intestinal tract with him.

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Did Pippin the dog get scranned? We never did find out for sure.  Thought you might be the one to ask,  having maybe shared an intestinal tract with him.

Yep, he’s in here with me. 😔

7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yep, he’s in here with me. 😔

Don't worry,  you'll both be released soon after your host disintegrates following a highly tense,  climactic plot device involving a compressed air cylinder and an infeasibly accurate and fortunate rifle shot.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

You, old son, have missed the bus. Brexit is done and dusted although some treacherous xenphobes are still scrambling about, oozing bitterness and rage, to try to discredit our national Govt. Shameful. 

Always happy , in fact duty bound, to cut through the tears and pish on this thread and provide clarity on issues like privatisation and State income sources i.e taxpayers.

There's always someone worse off though - there was Mrs Murrell getting her hair done specially for Cop and ending up being granted a meeting with a foul mouthed, teenage activist while Boris and the world leaders discussed the big boy issues.

😂😂

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You, old son, have missed the bus. Brexit is done and dusted although some treacherous xenphobes are still scrambling about, oozing bitterness and rage, to try to discredit our national Govt. Shameful. 

Always happy , in fact duty bound, to cut through the tears and pish on this thread and provide clarity on issues like privatisation and State income sources i.e taxpayers.

There's always someone worse off though - there was Mrs Murrell getting her hair done specially for Cop and ending up being granted a meeting with a foul mouthed, teenage activist while Boris and the world leaders discussed the big boy issues.

😂😂

oqPM8xS.gif

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Don't worry,  you'll both be released soon after your host disintegrates following a highly tense,  climactic plot device involving a compressed air cylinder and an infeasibly accurate and fortunate rifle shot.

I’m the novel version of Alex unfortunately. I’m lying here at the bottom of the ocean inside a decomposing shark with multiple machete wounds caused by Quint. (He’s here too. He scares me. 😞)

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Ked said:

Sorry to derail thread.

That article is on the procurement of infrastructure, the building of the waste water network, the digging of holes and laying of pipes. Its not these companies running the water treatment plants, which was the spurious claim. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂😂

Boris discussing big boys issues at COP26????  🤣🤣

1_BRITAIN-UN-CLIMATE-COP26.jpg

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That article is on the procurement of infrastructure, the building of the waste water network, the digging of holes and laying of pipes. Its not these companies running the water treatment plants, which was the spurious claim. 

You are right .

But also wrong.

The article does not cover that.

Not sure if any of those companies have won the contracts for that as they are renewed.

But Veolia run Scottish Waters sewage works and have done for many years.

It's easily checked and I can give you links.

I am sure though that either Galliford Try or Morrisons Utilities are set to take that over.

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Veolia are a French multi national.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂😂

Xenophobes  the people who wanted to stay in Europe , retain freedom of movement ?   

Hilarious misuse of trope there .

As for shaming "our national govt" - they don't need any help in that department , they're doing fine by themselves.

So much shite in one post : it's quite an achievement.  You must be  fun down the bowling club.  

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The much-respected Food Industry bugle “The Grocer”, makes it clear in this article, the danger to food manufacturers of stoking a cultures war through ‘over-zealous’ food labelling (including flag-sh*****g). Any company that fails to heed THEIR warning runs the risk of paying the price. It seems some of their members are failing to take the message onboard. Morrisons have now been shamed into changing their behaviour. Good. Will still avoid for now though. If you indulge in a cultures war, you should pay the price.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/brexit/culture-war-should-british-brands-fly-the-union-flag-on-packaging/655855.article#.YYEldIv7dZU.twitter

Amen. Morrisons desperately trying to make out the new UK food labelling laws are vague (funny how they never had to produce anything like this when they were tading IN the EU. Maybe it's the brexit benefit : even more bureaucracy on labelling. Sure seems like it).  Anyways Morrison's can do one , I am sick to death of the flag shaggers and their bollox. 

36 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Boris discussing big boys issues at COP26????  🤣🤣

1_BRITAIN-UN-CLIMATE-COP26.jpg

😂

Good to read that Nicola Sturgeon has been speaking to the US President and other leaders and building relationships that will be important for us in the future as an independent country. 👍🏻 I’m sure the positive impression she made would have been further enhanced by the contrast with the imbecilic impression made on them  by Bozo Johnson.

Edited by Alex Kintner

UK meat producers are considering exporting their carcasses to be butchered and packaged in Ireland and the Netherlands then shipped back, due to staffing issues at meat processing plants.

Of course, it then will be labelled as "packaged in the EU"

:jjyay:

Industry is reporting a 10,000 to 15,000 shortage of staff. UK govt has given out 900 visas to EU workers to come and work as butcher but none have yet arrived. And 900 is just a little bit short of 10-15,000 anyways.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

UK meat producers are considering exporting their carcasses to be butchered and packaged in Ireland and the Netherlands then shipped back, due to staffing issues at meat processing plants.

Of course, it then will be labelled as "packaged in the EU"

:jjyay:

Industry is reporting a 10,000 to 15,000 shortage of staff. UK govt has given out 900 visas to EU workers to come and work as butcher but none have yet arrived. And 900 is just a little bit short of 10-15,000 anyways.

Of course supply of the meat products will become more limited and prices will increase.  Demand and consumption will reduce.  The government will probably take the credit for being world leading in the shift towards consuming less meat and reducing associated greenhouse gas emissions.  

53 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Amen. Morrisons desperately trying to make out the new UK food labelling laws are vague (funny how they never had to produce anything like this when they were tading IN the EU. Maybe it's the brexit benefit : even more bureaucracy on labelling. Sure seems like it).  Anyways Morrison's can do one , I am sick to death of the flag shaggers and their bollox. 

And they’ve nearly doubled their price of mixed peppers so I’m out as well. 😀

Nucky Thompson
31 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

😂

Good to read that Nicola Sturgeon has been speaking to the US President and other leaders and building relationships that will be important for us in the future as an independent country. 👍🏻 

Do you really think that World leaders will view Scotland as something more than a pimple on the UK's arse :rofl:

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Remember - scrutinising your own government more than others, or their opposition, is not unpatriotic, rather it is an essential part of democracy. Allowing criticism of government may even be THE most important part of democracy
Remember - scrutinising your own government more than others, or their opposition, is not unpatriotic, rather it is an essential part of democracy. Allowing criticism of government may even be THE most important part of democracy.

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Remember - scrutinising your own government more than others, or their opposition, is not unpatriotic, rather it is an essential part of democracy. Allowing criticism of government may even be THE most important part of democracy
Remember - scrutinising your own government more than others, or their opposition, is not unpatriotic, rather it is an essential part of democracy. Allowing criticism of government may even be THE most important part of democracy.

Best stick that in the SNP thread bud, huge amount of people have forgotten we have a Scottish government. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I totally agree with that, but it's something that Scottish nationalists don't follow.

Some people on here think it's an assault on Scotland if you criticise the SNP

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Do you really think that World leaders will view Scotland as something more than a pimple on the UK's arse :rofl:

Absolutely. But then I’m not filled with toxic rage and bitterness towards my own country and its people so 🤷🏻‍♂️